The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171236 times)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #7125 on: October 05, 2017, 06:26:53 AM »
Whoa...

Dope rhymes, dude...

:P

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7126 on: October 06, 2017, 03:06:01 AM »
You know what organizes my thirteen? I already hate the chosen one/prophecy tropes as they tend to be done horribly and often said chosen one is a mary sue. While sometimes it is done well, like Harry Potter, for the most part it just feels lazy. That is not what I'm going to talk about, I'm talking about something that isn't exclusive to these tropes but do walk similar rodes.

I hate the whole 'cryptic talk' that is usually used to disperse important info. I've recently taken to reading the Warrior cats series as I've heard plenty of good things about it. I love it, but that isn't important here. In the first book, the cat Spottedleaf tells our hero Firepaw that she had received a message from StarClan (Spiritual World).
"Fire will save our Clan!"

Firepaw then proceeds to think about it for a second and makes himself look stupid by assuming they mean real fire.

You see things like this all the time, while this example is less annoying than others, it's still annoying. Why the hell do these important types feel the need to disperse incredibly important, needed for heroes to win info in bloody haiku format?

Did God or the Gods ordain that vital information must be sent through the dumbest way possible?

Imagine if we did that in today's militaries; like instead of the general directly giving his orders to his troops, he made it a riddle? 

"What are our orders, sir?"

"Stand within the dark light of a nonexistent agincourt, there you will learn the way of the Kartianra!"

In some cases this can make sense, like if the messenger didn't have the time to get it out. For example:

"Hero, come  in hero!"

*Answers Comm link*

"Mentor guy?"

"Hero! Can't. . . ."

*Static comes in then out*

"Aliens!"

*Static*

"The tree of lies!"

*Cuts out*

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #7127 on: October 06, 2017, 04:11:28 PM »
I've been begging for a reason to have hope for the future and life, but no matter how hard I try, people insist on shoving down my throat the stuff that makes me miserable. I feel like if I dig deep and stop holding back how I feel, people might FINALLY understand how I feel and actually help me, but I'm worried if I DO, then that will lead to more problems. I just wish I could tell people how I feel, and I just wish SOMEONE could help me instead of hurt me.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #7128 on: October 09, 2017, 04:04:36 AM »
This is absolutely unprecedented. Completely asinine. Totally unacceptable.

So we're closing down tonight to prep for the remodeling. My boss, the owner of the restaurant I work at (Colton's Steakhouse & Grille), has neglected to buy more food. Understandable, considering how long we'll be shut down for this remodeling project of his. We end up with a full house. FULL F***ING HOUSE. Not a big deal, right?

F***ING WRONG!!!

My boss evidently didn't buy a lot of other stuff we needed today. We were practically out of everything, including food. So I had a busy day with a severe shortage of needed supplies. Think that's what I'm raging at?

WRONG AGAIN!!!

This day would have been bearable had I ACTUALLY HAD SOMETHING TO EAT! I had originally brought some pop-tarts for lunch. Not much, maybe, but I didn't have time to make a couple sandwiches before I left the house. Take a wild guess as to what happened. Think someone stole my food? Hid it somewhere? Threw it away?

F***ING WRONG AGAIN!!!

Someone soaked my lunch in bleach. BLEACH. Let that sink in. That's right. Some jack*** decided it would be funny to try and f***ing POISON ME. And I nearly ate those pop-tarts. I stopped at the last second when I saw a splotch of bleach on the wrapper and noticed my pop-tarts were soggy. I don't know about the rest of you, but that rings of F***ED UP. As I said, completely asinine. Cruel. You'd have to be a low mother****er to poison someone's food like that.

Now you're likely thinking it was an accident. I DON'T F***ING THINK SO. If it was an accident, someone should have spoken up. No one ever did. Either someone wanted to make me sick, or someone wants me gone, and they didn't bother to extend the common f***ing courtesy of TELLING ME WHY!!!

Now, I don't know about any of you, but this s*** is CRIMINAL. If my mother******* boss can't keep his own employees in line, I think I need a new job. I'm not gonna stand around and take it up the *** because one of my coworkers has a sick, twisted sense of humor that involves intentionally poisoning his coworker for s***s and giggles. HELL. NO.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #7129 on: October 09, 2017, 09:33:43 AM »
This is absolutely unprecedented. Completely asinine. Totally unacceptable.

So we're closing down tonight to prep for the remodeling. My boss, the owner of the restaurant I work at (Colton's Steakhouse & Grille), has neglected to buy more food. Understandable, considering how long we'll be shut down for this remodeling project of his. We end up with a full house. FULL F***ING HOUSE. Not a big deal, right?

F***ING WRONG!!!

My boss evidently didn't buy a lot of other stuff we needed today. We were practically out of everything, including food. So I had a busy day with a severe shortage of needed supplies. Think that's what I'm raging at?

WRONG AGAIN!!!

This day would have been bearable had I ACTUALLY HAD SOMETHING TO EAT! I had originally brought some pop-tarts for lunch. Not much, maybe, but I didn't have time to make a couple sandwiches before I left the house. Take a wild guess as to what happened. Think someone stole my food? Hid it somewhere? Threw it away?

F***ING WRONG AGAIN!!!

Someone soaked my lunch in bleach. BLEACH. Let that sink in. That's right. Some jack*** decided it would be funny to try and f***ing POISON ME. And I nearly ate those pop-tarts. I stopped at the last second when I saw a splotch of bleach on the wrapper and noticed my pop-tarts were soggy. I don't know about the rest of you, but that rings of F***ED UP. As I said, completely asinine. Cruel. You'd have to be a low mother****er to poison someone's food like that.

Now you're likely thinking it was an accident. I DON'T F***ING THINK SO. If it was an accident, someone should have spoken up. No one ever did. Either someone wanted to make me sick, or someone wants me gone, and they didn't bother to extend the common f***ing courtesy of TELLING ME WHY!!!

Now, I don't know about any of you, but this s*** is CRIMINAL. If my mother******* boss can't keep his own employees in line, I think I need a new job. I'm not gonna stand around and take it up the *** because one of my coworkers has a sick, twisted sense of humor that involves intentionally poisoning his coworker for s***s and giggles. HELL. NO.

Have you concidered calling the cops, because it sounds like someone tried to murder you, which attempted murder is a criminal offense. I feel like you have a case on your hands that you can take to court.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7130 on: October 09, 2017, 02:51:25 PM »
Have you concidered calling the cops, because it sounds like someone tried to murder you, which attempted murder is a criminal offense. I feel like you have a case on your hands that you can take to court.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pettify this incident, but attempted murder sounds like a pretty big word.
First of all, there is no way in hell that a man could put a bleach dipped poptard in his mouth, and not immediatly find out that something is wrong.
Second, Household bleach only holds a concentration of something like 16 percent, and I can't imagine that poptards can hold a lot of it, volume wise. Not enough to kill a person anyway.
Third, bleach is actually pretty bad at killing people, as in it's not very lethal at all. If you were to actually drink litres of the stuff in liquid form, it can mess up your digestive tract, upto your stomach, and cause internal bleeding, but even then, nothing that timely medical assistance can't fix...

Once again, don't me wrong. That is, indeed, something that's pretty messed up, and, yes, you wouldn't be wrong to start talking to people, like your boss, or even to the police, about this!

But, Romulan... If anyone really wanted to kill you...

You can somewhat rest ashured in knowing that that person is as dim as a cow's ass...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:53:05 PM by A brisky little challenger »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7131 on: October 09, 2017, 06:43:37 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcoDco8VkD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OKdTyCLK68

umm bleach is a strong base that will really mess with your stomach.

Depending on the brand it could be bad or worse,  better be safe than sorry.

Everyone whose gone through a basic chemistry class knows that when an acid meets a Base it becomes neutral, well  your stomach acid meeting bleach should have the same effect so.

Reguarless if this was an accident or intentional it's very serious that somebody would even do that or be careless enough to not tell him.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:01:39 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7132 on: October 09, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »
Well, from what I understood, (correct me if I'm wrong) the individuel actually removed the poptards from the box, soaked them in bleech, and then put them back in.

If they were accidently dropped in a bucket of bleach (somehow) then, the box would de damped, and discolourated as well, even if the individual, somehow, only dropped the poptards in, nobody would be dumb enough to actually but their hands in it, and just throw it straight back in the box...

Soo, yeah, I figure "accident" is a rather minimal chance...

And, err...

umm bleach is a strong base that >will really mess with your stomach.<

Everyone whose gone through a basic chemistry class knows that when an acid meets a Base it becomes >neutral<, well  your stomach acid meeting bleach should have the same effect so.

Kinda contradicting terms, there. Could you elaborate?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:26:15 PM by A brisky little challenger »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7133 on: October 09, 2017, 07:42:37 PM »
Well, from what I understood, (correct me if I'm wrong) the individuel actually removed the poptards from the box, soaked them in bleech, and then put them back in.

If they were accidently dropped in a bucket of bleach (somehow) then, the box would de damped, and discolourated as well, even if the individual, somehow, only dropped the poptards in, nobody would be dumb enough to actually but their hands in it, and just throw it straight back in the box...

Soo, yeah, I figure "accident" is a rather minimal chance...

And, err...

umm bleach is a strong base that >will really mess with your stomach.<

Everyone whose gone through a basic chemistry class knows that when an acid meets a Base it becomes >neutral<, well  your stomach acid meeting bleach should have the same effect so.

Kinda contradicting terms, there. Could you elaborate?
The stomach of a mammal has an acid that  breaks apart food, if  an acid is added to a base the PH level (what determines a base or an acid) becomes 0 or neutral meaning it is neither a base nor an acid, so what happens when your stomach acid becomes not an acid? You cannot digest food.

Did you watch any of the videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeuyc55LqiY

Look i'm not gonna get into a whole biology/chemistry lesson here so I apologize ,but that's all your gonna get from me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:55:04 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7134 on: October 09, 2017, 07:52:23 PM »
The toxicity of Bleach is not the point here. The point is, someone tried to poison me. Whether this was an attempted murder that was not very well thought out, or just some dickweed's version of a prank, is currently undetermined. I don't much care who did this, I just want to know why. If that was supposed to be a joke, it was in very poor taste, and I got enough of that s*** growing up. I don't need it at work. Whoever did this better pray I never find out the person behind this.

And if my boss can't keep his employees in line, if he's so fixated on this damn remodeling project of his that he's letting complete anarchy take hold in his restaurant, he has no business being the owner. I have seen this kind of incompetence before. And it sickens me that I had to experience it again.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7135 on: October 09, 2017, 07:59:18 PM »
Once again, I really hear ya, fella... Noone should have to go to work, checking if anyone has put cleaning agents, or any other chemical in one's lunch for today...

Soo, what are you thinking of doing about it, if I may ask? Go to the police/super, or just find a new job and hope it sticks?

@Ls

Aw, no, I didn't watch them, kinda missed the links...

But hey! Not being capable of digesting food sounds a hell of a lot better than having your stomach dissolved, doesn't it?

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7136 on: October 09, 2017, 08:08:42 PM »
If and when I see the b*****d again, I'm gonna bring this up and give Miller one chance to make this right. ONE. If he refuses to lift a finger, I'll take this issue to the police, health department... anyone who'd be interested to know that Miller's an incompetent d*** who did nothing when one of his employees was nearly poisoned. I am NOT gonna stand around and take it up the *** because one of my coworkers has a twisted sense of humor.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #7137 on: October 09, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »
To most, it probably looks like I'm having another honeymoon with Skyrim.
In truth, it's more like some kind of a rather bad coping method.
I don't feel good at all for a lot of reasons and wish I could go hibernate for the next six months or so.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7138 on: October 09, 2017, 08:41:10 PM »
@Rn

That sounds like a good plan!

Just, please don't forget to calm down a little bit, before going to bed, or that potential muder-attempt may no longer be an attempt if you die from an anger induced heart attack...

And, we wouldn't want that to happen... :I

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7139 on: October 09, 2017, 08:51:59 PM »
I wish I had more Willpower. For the past month I've tried to lose weight, starting slow with walking more often, eating less in general, and drinking more water. I've seen limited success, the main issue is I get bad food cravings that for the most part I can't resist. I always end up justifying eating six packs of sunflower seeds by telling myself that "these are fine. I've been being good all week!" then whatever I lost I end up getting back.