The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171202 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #7020 on: July 30, 2017, 05:52:50 PM »
I know that feeling all too well, Trixsie, I've been kinda stuck on my sprites for several weeks now. No new ideas, not really much motivation in them either.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #7021 on: July 30, 2017, 06:19:06 PM »
Getting so tired of the recruiter(s) and dad both **censor** me. Might have even been able to avoid this if I had, oh, IDK, had someone there helping me through it when I was first doing it

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #7022 on: July 30, 2017, 11:25:25 PM »
Don't speak to me on planes if you're sitting next to me, I will just pretend to speak some obscure language and not understand you. And I really don't care that you're getting up to use the toilet, why are you telling me this again ??

Oh and also, person in the middle seat gets both armrests; end of story XD
[/URL]

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #7023 on: August 01, 2017, 09:38:45 PM »
Today was a day that could have turned everyone into an homicidal maniac  ^_^
So, what happened you may ask? Let me tell you  :)

This afternoon I was at a train museum in Treignes, me being careful about my planning decided to leave early. I grabbed the steamtrain of 15.30 to be sure I wouldn't be too late in Mariembourg to grab my train to Charleroi. However due to the fun incident where cows ended up on the track the train got a delay of 10 minutes which got cut down to 5 when we arrived. A bit too late since I saw my train rolling into the station, I decided to run for it. Yes, running with a recovering sprained ankle... for one km in less than 5 minutes. Yet my effort wasn't enough because when I got ont he platform I saw my train leaving.
Result? I had to wait for 1 hour and 20 minutes for the next train.

Got this train, luckily, and arrived at 55 in Charleroi, but my train to Brussels left at 54.... luckily I had a train in 25 minutes. Total delay already: 1 hour and 45 minutes.

In Brussels I arrived at 15 and decided to run again to grab my connection to home. As I was running up the stairs I shouted at someone "PLEASE, HOLD THAT TRAIN!", he nodded... but didn't do anything. I got on the platform and acces was denied due to the fact the departure procedure was already put in motion. The guy that I shoutingly asked to stop the train said to me "you should have been earlier"... at this point my blood was boiling and this is probably the moment I could have changed into a maniac, yet I decided to go for an hamburger... feeling completely defeated. But for some fun reason a bit of karma happened. The douche that didn't hold the train walked down the stairs whilst suddenly his suitcase falls down the stairs and got smashed into pieces....  :P

At the hamburgerstand I sat down at a table whilst waiting for my burger, when this family arrived with 2 kids that were probably an express delivery from hell. Shouting and screaming seemed to be the only vocabulary those kids had... and the adults with them? They started laughing and ignoring them when they were screaming, I'm not talking about a small babyscreem but an 8-year-old-kid-that-doesn't-get-what-it-wants-scream, multiple of these screams ofcourse to keep the moral high  ^_^

After having this "interesting" dinner I decided to take the metro to the Brussels North station since there I could see some trains passing (around 2 trains every minute). Ofcourse after drinking alot of water today I had to go to the toilets, to then find out they closed at 21.00 whilst I arrived at 21.02. Acces denied, except if you were the lady behind me. Then you were allowed to go to the toilets  :D

After waiting for 40 minutes in Brussels North station (waited around 20 minutes in Brussels south) my total delay already became 2 hours and 45 minutes.
But it wouldn't have been a real train journey if the train I was on didn't got delayed. Arrived at my hometown with a total delay of 2 hours and 56 minutes, a record I could fit in my top 5 delays  :)

You thought it was over yet? Not yet! I got my bike and as I cycled for 5 meters my front headlight stopped working, I did put my high visibility jacket on but being extremely annoyed by my fun travel I smacked the light. Which in my full surprise actually fixed it  :o

As you can see... F U N, I had absolute fun  :)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #7024 on: August 04, 2017, 04:09:43 PM »
I'm getting so sick and tired of my **censor** dad trying to screw me over because he wants to keep control of me. Why can't he **censor** let me do what I want for once in my life

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #7025 on: August 04, 2017, 11:51:59 PM »
Not coping.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #7026 on: August 04, 2017, 11:53:59 PM »
I don't know if it's a rant or not, but I just looked back at the posts back from september 2016 and it gets me melancholic to see all these people who're gone now

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #7027 on: August 05, 2017, 10:49:24 PM »
Back from the annual tramfestival, saw a friend back.
I don't know how to feel about it, the cancer he has is wrecking him.
Not again, I don't want to lose someone again.

Last year I saw a friend there for the last time before he died, I don't want it to happen again

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #7028 on: August 06, 2017, 11:13:05 PM »
can you say

Inadequate?

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #7029 on: August 09, 2017, 02:43:39 AM »
I can no longer play Minecraft without feeling ill from all the motion. I can play other first person games just fine. I'm not sure why it's only Minecraft that does it for me.

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #7030 on: August 09, 2017, 05:27:46 PM »
All my life. I thought my mother didn't like me all that much. She's been ignoring me, cutting me off when I'm talking to people, and doing all kinds of things to tick me off. Turns out I can blame half of that on the fact she's deaf. That's right. 15 years. And for my father probably like 23-25 years? And that's after me arguing with her about how she's ignoring everyone, especially me and asking her, "Are you deaf?" Like four times. Yeah I feel bad that she's deaf. But you know that's like 15 years of her ignoring me, never telling me why and her thinking she hated me didn't really care for me and thought of me as just an accessory. (What else am I supposed to think when I tell her something I accomplished, and she barely says a nice or a congrats. Texts all her friends about my accomplishment. Then whenever she wants she just takes pictures of me  texting her friends, "look how handsome my son is," and sending it to her friends? Even though I don't want my pictures taken. She doesn't even send those pictures to me. I feel like just a trophy, polish it up and when you're done showing it to people you put it away and forget about it.)  She doesn't even apologize. I'm breaking down in tears, because how else am I supposed to react? I've been frustrated for all my life about this, and now suddenly turns out my mother's deaf?
How is this even fair? She messed with me for 15 years. And not even a, I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was deaf. You know. If she had done that, I'd be just about ready to forgive her for it, because I don't want to hate both my parents. I get jealous when I see a father and his son buying ice cream together and just laughing about silly stuff. I get jealous when a mother and her son are going around buying stuff being happy. There's a part of me that irks every time I see it cause it's something I wanted and just barely have. And I'm sure maybe I'm being jealous and it's not right there's people that have none of that. I know that I might be in the wrong here because I ignored her for ignoring me, got angry at her for each time she cut me off, and got ticked off for each time she made me go talk to people even though they spoke her language and I could barely speak her language. But understand this was because she did it to me first thinking she did it to me on purpose.
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #7031 on: August 10, 2017, 03:53:16 PM »
Looks like the Marines are giving me a lesson in "Be careful what you wish for"

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #7032 on: August 10, 2017, 03:57:33 PM »
Lol.  I am excited for you Rocco and I hope it goes great, but I couldn't think of anything I rather do less XD

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #7033 on: August 10, 2017, 03:58:16 PM »
Looks like the Marines are giving me a lesson in "Be careful what you wish for"
Explain that to us

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #7034 on: August 10, 2017, 04:28:03 PM »
As I was enlisting, I made sure my recruiter knew about any and all injuries I had, ESPECIALLY my ankle and wrist and how I was in a wheelchair/crutches for months twice. Signed papers about them and gave him medical documents. Morning I was supposed to go to MEPS, they had me redo the paperwork to say nothing about either. It was early morning, so I just kinda moved along and did it because I wasn't fully awake and they said they literally never send paperwork to MEPS about sprains because no bones are broken. When I was supposed to speak with the guy in charge down there, I tried to bring it up, he pretty much talked over me, so I dropped it. At the end, he made sure to let me know if I told MEPS anything, it'd delay me shipping by many months and he'd make sure my life was hell while here.
When at MEPS for medical early next day, my brain wasn't fully awake so it followed the orders I had been given, I didn't tell anyone about my ankle (wrist isn't a big deal and can be overlooked). Even later when they gave multiple chances for people to say anything that they hadn't told their recruiters or that they were witholding. I was fighting WWIII on the inside. I wanted to be honest, but with my dad, I needed to ship out ASAP. And I had enough fun at home, didn't need the guy in charge down there holding a grudge on me. I was still debating when the time to speak up passed.
I was hoping I'd be able to later let my ankle get on record. Then dad came along and caused trouble  T_T Though he kinda got it on record
All said and done, MEPS was pretty fun though. I wished I'd get to go back up sometime. I also wished to get ankle on record and cleared by doctors. I get my MEPS wish and, if I choose it, I might get the evaluation wish......though it seems like recruiter sent up the paperwork to get it evaled and if I speak up at MEPS Saturday (Yup, going back up for something called "The Moment of Truth" ie. say anything you've lied about or your recruiter told you to withhold or you're **censor**) then it might delay me months (I'm scheduled to ship Sept 11) AND the guy in charge down here and ALL the recruiters might hold that grudge AND the people up there will roast me for what they see as lying last time...and trust me, you do NOT want to get roasted by one angry gunnery sergeant, let alone up to three of them *gulp*