The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171215 times)

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #6510 on: September 19, 2016, 06:48:40 AM »
This ordeal  with my cat haso me sick to my stomach. And ito got be thinking about sone personal things that have me questioning a lot. I'm so depressed now and I dont know what to do
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #6511 on: September 19, 2016, 06:53:04 AM »

I'm so depressed now
Hey, a screwed buddy. Now we can be miserable together

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #6512 on: September 19, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »
-Everyone and their mothers tells me I need to go out and get a second job. As if I don't know I can't live "comfortably" with the one I have.
-Finally randomly decides to apply for a new job. Come to find out it's exactly what I've always wanted to do (kinda).
-Everyone says they hope the interview goes good.
-Go to interview, it goes exceedingly well, looks like I have a real chance at getting this job. Also might be good enough that I can quit my other job because this one will actually give me great pay and full time.

-Everyone and their mothers proceed to then complain to me that I shouldn't have bothered and that I can't quit my other job because of the *one* benefit that I get from it, and that I don't know what I'm doing.

Like, ***** ******* ******. If I didn't know any better, I wouldn't think I'm almost 24. I'd think I'm 18 again.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #6513 on: September 19, 2016, 10:37:03 PM »
-Everyone and their mothers tells me I need to go out and get a second job. As if I don't know I can't live "comfortably" with the one I have.
-Finally randomly decides to apply for a new job. Come to find out it's exactly what I've always wanted to do (kinda).
-Everyone says they hope the interview goes good.
-Go to interview, it goes exceedingly well, looks like I have a real chance at getting this job. Also might be good enough that I can quit my other job because this one will actually give me great pay and full time.

-Everyone and their mothers proceed to then complain to me that I shouldn't have bothered and that I can't quit my other job because of the *one* benefit that I get from it, and that I don't know what I'm doing.

Like, ***** ******* ******. If I didn't know any better, I wouldn't think I'm almost 24. I'd think I'm 18 again.

Take the opportunity that's better for you, and don't worry what other people say. This year I got my first job, and then quit it about two weeks later. Reason was I got an offer for an interview at another job that I'm still working at a few months later. Sure, it's still a basic retail job and some might call my choice selfish but I enjoy it immensely better than the old one and I'm glad I took the opportunity.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #6514 on: September 20, 2016, 02:45:07 AM »
Why can't a week just go by where it doesn't feel like my whole world is **censor** crumbling. Every day I never feel like enough and it's proven time and time again. I'm a worthless student, I'm a worthless son, and I'm a worthless person.

I feel likeep I've been hit by a train. I hAve no drive to do anything. I don't even know how im goNna wake up for school tomorrow
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 02:59:04 AM by Dax Declan »

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #6515 on: September 20, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »
Now my father is really just making me angry. He says I shouldn't get a part time job, a college student, and instead be working on making t-shirts on teespring...  Today? Apparently he ranted to my mother about finding a part time job. And we argued about this twice already earlier this month. In fact second time he told me I should at least wait until I see what college is like and I said alright then, give it a month! We still have 10 more days to go! And he's the one who was 'Suggesting' I shouldn't get one. ( Designing shirts is REALLY not my thing. Not to mention that unless it's really clever and what I'd like to say is winning the lottery you won't sell well on Teespring. I Actually already started but nothing I do sells >.> and I'm trying to keep it simple too. Although most of the shirts are crappy, one of them was okay.) Not to mention my dad is telling me to do Teespring, refuses to supply me with money for Facebook Ads that a lot of the best selling teespring artists say you NEED.
 And when I say suggesting this is basically it, if I said, 'Alright if you're suggesting, then I can still go apply.' My dad doesn't give me a clear answer and gets angry at me rants, tells me that's not the point, e.t.c.. and says that in that case I'll stop paying for college. (EVEN THOUGH we had this conversation 10 minutes before that we were talking on these lines 'Son, I only 'suggested' last time that you don't get a job, you can still totally get one.' And I said 'Well if I disobey you, you could stop paying for my college or kick me out.' And his reaction is something along the lines of, 'what I wouldn't do that. You're lying for thinking I would do that and you're making excuses'.) WELLL! WELL!! WELL!!! Was my prediction right on the spot? Not to mention when I brought that up, he's like you're simply being hard and crazy knock it off. And if I ask him, 'IF You're 'suggesting' and I tell you to leave me alone about it because I won't take  you're suggestion unless it's a direct order,' He gets angry and tells me 'That's not the point. *Rant*'
 Even if it weren't the point, why can he not answer it? It's a simple question and we EASILY fight for two hours per fight, like once a week or a little more, and it's a simple answer right? Unless there's some long Metal Gear solid long plot behind it, which would still mean there's a plot against me.  He asks me tons and tons of questions and each time and I give him an answer he just calls bullcrap on it despite it being the truth and then marks me a liar and tells me I can't do crap and I'm useless and e.t.c. Not to mention he ignores any questions I have until I get angry enough to say something that doesn't make sense.
( I JUST LOVE THE FACT THAT HE CALLS ME USELESS Despite mowing down my art class with skill to the point the teacher was like, You're a level ahead. My designer class? I think I can safely say just from how much I covered and how complicated everyone was going that I might be the best artist in their too!) Still not enough. My dad is never content. Until I become a picasso at the age of 19 he won't be content. Man sometimes I want to just hit my head against a wall out of my frustration (I never will. The landlord will kill me if I damaged the wall XD .)
I don't get it. What is his problem. Now that I say this, that's my dad on EVERYTHING. Let's say it's his birthday, it's true he's dieting, but my mom wanted to be nice and he buys him cake sounds like a nice thing to do right? Two complaints, one it's a pile of sugar and I'm dieting e.t.c. Two, It's not Ice cream cake e.t.c. Alright next time we don't buy cake, he complains we didn't. (He's still on that diet btw). And even though he complains about the cake, he still eats it. And the next day we bought him a cake when he complained that he didn't get any cake and probably he complained that we bought him. I think I can safely say my dad is just, not right. If I do one thing, he complains and tells me not to do it, if I do the other choice he gets angry and tells me not to do it. And if I do neither, he gets angry and tells me to choose one. I am really unsure, how one deals with this. I mean. Like. I should record these conversations and send them to a psychiatrist or something XD That's the best I can do at this point. Cause something is wrong here. A guy can't complain about EVERY POSSIBLE DECISION. Not to mention his 'I'm only suggesting' even though it was practically a demand.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:36:02 PM by Ori »
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #6516 on: September 20, 2016, 04:05:29 PM »
Hey Ori, my dad is like that too, just worse if you can believe it. I'm surviving, just keep on fighting and you'll do well too.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #6517 on: September 20, 2016, 08:51:35 PM »
I feel like absolute shit, and the worst part is I can't even identify why. It just kinda happened. I feel almost no drive to do anything, and it honestly scares me how long I have felt like this. Its not even like I am upset or unhappy, I just have real trouble caring about my life.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #6518 on: September 21, 2016, 05:06:10 AM »
I've been really pissed off. The simplest things are getting to me. Then it drags on until I'm depressed and feel like absolute shit.
Plus I have no friends, it just hit me today of how **censor** lonely I feel.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #6519 on: September 21, 2016, 02:40:25 PM »
Once again, more uneasy dreams waking me up during the night. I don't know what's up with me lately.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #6520 on: September 21, 2016, 03:02:56 PM »
Quick rundown of my day so far.
Woke up late. Missed the bUS. Got my typical verbal abuse in the car. Got depressed and did nothing in 2nd hour. Started crony in study hall. And it's only 10 am

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #6521 on: September 21, 2016, 07:09:43 PM »
I have officially lost any respect I had for Adam Conover.

Just reccently I watched his Adam Ruins Animals episode, and I went in with an open mind. He explained how purebred dogs are unhealthy genetic mutants. Okay, fine. He explained how feral cats are overpopulated and have killed off species of birds. Okay, fine. (Although I'm kind of getting sick of everyone pushing spaying and neutering around as if we have to do it to every single cat and dog on the planet) But then he had the ****ING GALL to defend TROPHY HUNTING! He went into this bull**** about how it generates oh-so much money and how there's so totally no other way to help these creatures without HYPOCRITICALLY SLAUGHTERING THEM TO MAGICALLY HELP THEM all while our OWN SPECIES is allowed to breed out of control, overpopulate, and destroy every ****ING THING ON THE PLANET! By the time we've made ANY sort of money from Trophy Hunting, guess what will happen to the endangered animals? They will be GONE! EXTINCT! A MEMORY! A GRAVESTONE IN THE ANIMAL KINGDOM ALL BECAUSE WE KILL AND SLAUGHTER THE VERY ANIMALS WE'RE TRYING TO "PROTECT!!!"We kill those animals, less animals will be alive to breed, animals can't get back their footing, THEY DIE! That money we raised to help them? FOR NOTHING! You can't use money to protect and preserve GHOSTS, dumb****! Not to mention it has TOTALLY been helping the rhinos, who have seen MANY subspecies go kaput already! Heck, are any species actually BENEFITING from this excruciatingly hypocritical practice? NO! Animal numbers CONTINUE going down, animals are being lost, NOTHING IS BEING HELPED BY TROPHY HUNTING!!!

Humans are ****ing pond scum! I am sick of seeing humans degenerate into these evil, narcissistic creatures who only exist to destroy. If we truly wanted to help these animals, what we should do is cut down on OUR OWN population! Give back some of the land we stole to them! Stop pretending we're such a stable species! Stop pretending we're perfect! STOP PRETENDING THAT HUNTING HELPS ANIMALS JUST SO WE GET TO TEST HOW BIG OUR ****ING **** IS!!!There was a point where I was honestly against culling our own population to cut down, and I supported controlling our breeding practices, now I'm not sure anymore. If people seem to think the only way to help dying species is to kill them, then maybe the only to help our own, overpopulated as HELL species, is to cull ourselves. That might just be the anger talking, but at this point I don't have any respect left for my own species. Sure, there are good people out there, but they're slowly being turned to scum by people like Adam Conover, FelIsTipsy and Sulfide using seductive reasoning to justify murdering animals. Pretty soon, good people will be a thing of the past, and all that will be left is narcisistic, death-loving parasites that make up what used to be called the human race.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #6522 on: September 21, 2016, 07:42:21 PM »
On this topic I find this quote basically sums up my views.

"I don’t understand the desire to kill a magnificent animal for sport, even if the individual is an older non-breeding male. The sale of the right to kill an animal for a trophy surely reflects the value that animal lives hold in at least some corners of our society: that killing an animal for fun isn’t wrong, as long as you can afford it. It is right to worry about the sort of message that sends."

There is an economic rationale to trophy hunting for conservation but even if you can save 100 animals habitat by sacrificing one there are other facets to the issue beyond economics.

I feel sorry for conservation parks who have to make these sort of decisions because auctioning hunting licenses is the only way they can raise the type of money they need.  I would not want to characterise them as evil when they are actually out there actually saving actual animals.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #6523 on: September 21, 2016, 10:25:33 PM »
Overall it's the poachers that kill more animals.

On another note, I don't like hunting at all,even for animals I don't like or even strongly dislke, I doubt i'd ever go hunting.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #6524 on: September 22, 2016, 12:46:05 AM »
Overall it's the poachers that kill more animals.

On another note, I don't like hunting at all,even for animals I don't like or even strongly dislke, I doubt i'd ever go hunting.

Honestly, I think poaching and trophy hunting is exactly the same thing. In the end, an animal needlessly loses its life. The only difference is one's illegal, the other is allowed.