The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171225 times)

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5895 on: June 26, 2016, 11:21:52 AM »
The truth of the matter is: It doesn't matter how we got here. All that matters is that we're here and that we do what we can to make this world a better place.
So many people take so many trivial issues and turn them into the biggest controversies on the planet. The thing with evolution is that it's one of those big arguments that I prefer not to take part in - because I know that I have no way of finding any proof, so there's no point in pursuing it.
I know that I'm here, and I know that I'm not doing what I can to make my part of the world a better place. I should be, but I'm blaming so many of my own issues that, when looking at others and their troubles, don't actually seem that valid. Which... is probably why I'm so depressed all the time.
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
  • Earlier known as Ulvus Lumia
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown fox
  • Coloring: Brown, dark brown, grey, beige
  • Height: 1m 73cm (5'8")
  • Weight: 53 kg. (117 lb.)
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: *Browsing memes*
« Reply #5896 on: June 26, 2016, 12:21:20 PM »
When people use the "If we evolved from apes, then why are there still monkeys" Arguement when "Debunking" evolution, I can easily explain this an I'M 14.

The short of it is, Humans did not DIRECTLY evolve froms apes, as the common evolutionary misconception is, We actually evolved from A common Ancestor,  A precursor to both humans and apes. Which Humans (Early forms atleast) where "made" by, Apes and humans continued down different evolutionary paths, still keeping close DNA relations, But changing physically and metally, Much like lizards and snakes, the evolved from the same precursor, But evolved to better suit their needs

Also, Conspiracy theorists!...

Because the world needed more Stupidity...I can't even make A point on the internet without being flooded by people telling me I'm "A Brainwashed sheep"

So... basically in this post, you just described evolution, and then just vented in the last line?

Please check out my DeviantArt page!
I would greatly appreciate it.

Reference sheet by myself!

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #5897 on: June 26, 2016, 08:17:00 PM »
When people use the "If we evolved from apes, then why are there still monkeys" Arguement when "Debunking" evolution, I can easily explain this an I'M 14.

The short of it is, Humans did not DIRECTLY evolve froms apes, as the common evolutionary misconception is, We actually evolved from A common Ancestor,  A precursor to both humans and apes. Which Humans (Early forms atleast) where "made" by, Apes and humans continued down different evolutionary paths, still keeping close DNA relations, But changing physically and metally, Much like lizards and snakes, the evolved from the same precursor, But evolved to better suit their needs

Also, Conspiracy theorists!...

Because the world needed more Stupidity...I can't even make A point on the internet without being flooded by people telling me I'm "A Brainwashed sheep"

So... basically in this post, you just described evolution, and then just vented in the last line?

Yes, Although... Both counted as Venting to me, Both where supressed angers I felt, and I needed to describe it, since people would just say "TLDR"
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5898 on: June 26, 2016, 11:19:06 PM »
I want to stay on the forums and post, but I also want to play some DotA. Decisions, decisions...
The killer in life.
Decisions
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #5899 on: June 27, 2016, 03:06:17 AM »
I want to stay on the forums and post, but I also want to play some DotA. Decisions, decisions...
The killer in life.
Decisions

Sometimes literally. But then again, death isn't the absolute worst anyway.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5900 on: June 27, 2016, 04:15:01 AM »
The killer in life.
Decisions

Metaphorically speaking
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5901 on: June 27, 2016, 04:19:39 AM »

The killer in life.
Decisions

Metaphorically speaking
Not me. I'll spare the speech

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #5902 on: June 27, 2016, 05:32:43 AM »
SO, I leave for work and have my computer set in sleep mode, as I usually do. I come home, flick the trackball on my mouse aaaanndd...nothing. I push the power button. NOTHING! The light on the motherboard  is lit, nothing was moved out of place, and yet the computer will not even turn on. At all. So, on top of having to have gotten my car replaced which has tacked on a good $250 a month including the increase to my car insurance, an increase to my rent upon renewal, NOW I have to see if I can get my computer fixed! And I need to fix this because my visual novel is on the hard drive!

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
« Reply #5903 on: June 28, 2016, 07:59:38 AM »
Every time I talk to my dad, my depression gets triggered...
I feel that it's going to be particularly bad tonight because there isn't a game of soccer to distract me this week
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #5904 on: June 28, 2016, 05:51:45 PM »
And now for the salt and boiling acid on my wound. What happened was the power supply itself crapped out and shot into my hard drive, rendering it stone cold dead and unrecoverable. All of my visual novel progress? Gone. With the exception of a bit I worked on ahead of time on my thumb drive, it's all gone. I have to start over from scratch.

I think what I will do is start up a patreon. I can use the money I get from that to commission art for the VN a bit at a time, and use the extra to help pay off some of my debts, because between having to get a new car, rent increase, insurance increase, I've got $20 for gas and $20 for food each week.

Offline Jane

• Foxy Fox
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Magenta Fur with raspberry colored hair /deeper shade of magenta
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 110 pounds
  • Currently: glad i got work done.
« Reply #5905 on: June 28, 2016, 07:49:51 PM »
Trying to put my work out by offering commissions but it seems I'm recognized.by hardly anyone and have had little to no business. Most of my earnings are going to my fursuit, I hope I'll get a stroke of good luck eventually..
I DO NOT take trades or do requests, sorry.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5906 on: June 28, 2016, 11:35:16 PM »
And now for the salt and boiling acid on my wound. What happened was the power supply itself crapped out and shot into my hard drive, rendering it stone cold dead and unrecoverable. All of my visual novel progress? Gone. With the exception of a bit I worked on ahead of time on my thumb drive, it's all gone. I have to start over from scratch.

I think what I will do is start up a patreon. I can use the money I get from that to commission art for the VN a bit at a time, and use the extra to help pay off some of my debts, because between having to get a new car, rent increase, insurance increase, I've got $20 for gas and $20 for food each week.
Don't throw out your harddrive, there are ways to recover it, as long as the magnetic plates are alright it should still be on there.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #5907 on: June 29, 2016, 03:12:09 AM »
dad's in a fine mood for the second straight day. And the Marine recruiter got relocated from my town to one half an hour away.

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Xceptional Xenops
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
« Reply #5908 on: June 30, 2016, 01:39:52 PM »
I'm conflicted in multiple ways...
First off - I'm really enjoying this new fursona, but 'my' mate isn't too happy about it. He's missing my original and I don't know what to do...
Secondly - My dad's decided to finally start saying things to me that aren't incredibly harsh, but I don't know if I can face him without feeling awkward, angry or depressed. He's telling me that he's missing me, but then I talk to him and he tells me how I am pretty much the lowest of the low in society... and he doesn't seem to be entirely willing to help me in the ways that I want help.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5909 on: June 30, 2016, 03:04:05 PM »
I'm conflicted in multiple ways...
First off - I'm really enjoying this new fursona, but 'my' mate isn't too happy about it. He's missing my original and I don't know what to do...
Secondly - My dad's decided to finally start saying things to me that aren't incredibly harsh, but I don't know if I can face him without feeling awkward, angry or depressed. He's telling me that he's missing me, but then I talk to him and he tells me how I am pretty much the lowest of the low in society... and he doesn't seem to be entirely willing to help me in the ways that I want help.
1. Fursona is your opinion, if your mate doesn't like it well, tell him it's a secondary fursona....
2.Do what you feel is best for yourself if you feel your father is not best for you then so be it, i know it sounds selfish ,but sometimes things have to be done.