The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171213 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5685 on: May 30, 2016, 05:13:04 PM »
Possibly. If she is, she's going about it in the wrong way.

You don't forget people who have passed, you move on. There's a huge difference. My father was a great man, he truly cared about all of us. "Replacing" my father won't make her any happier, I can tell you that. She just wants his money.
Okay I used the wrong words ,but I also  have to say You can't "replace" Someone, ever. there will always be a hole there. You can never perfectly replaces someone, the robot may do the same job ,but the person that was there had their own 'charm' to them and stuff.

Sigh I wish I could help you, I really do, but what can I do but listen and try my best to comfort you?
My dad needs to chill. He's been acting nasty to both myself and my mother for a good 6 years now. Whenever I say I can do something differently than he does, (like when we left for our trip two days ago, I know I have to lift the gate up so the clip doesn't break; I can and have lifted it with one arm, the other arm holding my dog, for a good 3 years. When he came around, he shoved me out of the way and split my elbow again, against the house, and yelled at me saying even he can't lift the gate with one arm. When I offered to show him how I did it, he walked off, interrupting me with 'no you don't', not letting me explain or apologize).
I don't know anymore, my mom says she's going to talk to him about how he's been treating us both like we're dumb, shoving his ideas down our throats, and his opinion is the only good one because he's the 'man' of the house. Whenever we talk to him about something, he says to read the bible and we should respect him. ... not the bible I read but w/e.
My mother said she'd talk to him.. I think 4 years ago now. I have 7 more months until I can move out and move in with my brother, but I'm expecting a fight, saying that I know nothing about the real world or something. Plus he has a real problem with my brother being gay, and he's not even going to go to his own sons' wedding. Even just stopping by. Nothing. My mother doesn't agree with it, but at least she doesn't say so every 10 minutes, and she's still going to go and support him, because he's her son. T_T
I'm working four part-time jobs, and worked three when I was still in school. I'm paying 2/3 of their bills, and figured out how I'd pay for a car and a camper when I was 12, with interest, payments, insurance and all that. I keep trying to show him that maybe I'm not a little kid anymore and that I can learn things on my own, without getting pushed around. But I guess we won't be able to go through his thick head.
It's just getting ridiculous and suffocating. I visit my brother whenever I can, but I still need to stay around where my jobs are. I'm tired of being called an idiot when I didn't hear a part of what someone was saying. I never heard of 'fry sauce' before we went to Sonic yesterday, and he called me an idiot when I asked, 'Whutsauce?'. (if anyone knows what it is, I'd like to know!) And I'm tired of trying to push what he says about 'new world order' and 'government takeover' out of my head every evening at the dinner table. I've had anxiety, life crisis and spurts of time where I feel like I've jumped into cold water, because he talks about the end of the world, FEMA camps, and everyone killing each other, ever since he discovered Alex Jones when I was 8. My posture is horrendous, hunched over all the time, because even though people say how much they like hanging around me, I still have his nagging voice in the back of my head calling me an idiot and unable to contribute to society. I know it's dumb to fuss over, but it just really bothers me.

....ah... if I should move this to its own thread.. I didn't realize how long it was. O_o
Your dad needs to sit down and think about what he's really doing. I don't think it needs to be moved this is the 'Venting' topic so I don' think it matters. I'm pretty certain the closest thing that I  can think of that the bible says is: honor thy father and mother... but to what point I always ask. Should you honor your parents by telling them what they are doing wrong so that they may... be better parents??? WHat is the Definition of  Honor in the bible? Gah there I go again.

I'm totally against homosexuality ,but I love people, this is also what the bible says to do.... and  a hard thing it is..

If I could I'd go totally Yoda on your father...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:21:26 PM by Alex »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5686 on: May 30, 2016, 06:25:38 PM »
Nori, I think your father needs to read the Bible again. The Bible tells us to love each other and to care for each other. From what I understand from your story is that your father is being unreasonable. It could be he points to a few verses in the Bible to 'prove' he's right, but then I'd pity him for his misunderstanding. Yes, the Bible mentions the father is the head of the family, but that doesn't mean he's the boss over everyone. He needs to see his actions destroyed more than they created.
The 'head' of the family doesn't always mean he 'lords' over everyone else.

*Prepares for the hate*

Colossians 3:21     
     Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-ephesians-6-4.htm

Stickith this into ye Father's face XD (not literally.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:27:20 PM by Alex »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Anubian (closed species)
  • Coloring: black/gold/red
  • Currently: Kal kek m'al shol'va!
« Reply #5687 on: May 30, 2016, 06:36:47 PM »
Honestly Noritake he is the kind that my clan would slaughter years ago. He is a typical "Christian" who is as hypocritical as he is ignorant. Just remember that you out live him and when you move out let it be known that you will have nothing to do with his ignorance and harsh treatment. And if he wants any bs, tell him that he matters not.
Mak tal shree! Lok tak. Mekta satak Styxx! Mok tal Styxx kree!
(I am the great and powerful Styxx)

"I wade through the fields of punishment; the wretched faces of the damned reflect in the shadows of the folds, as if their very souls were stitched within the fabric of my black robes. Though I come from darkness, and the riches beneath the world are mine to bestow, I still begin my day with the splendor of this little… roasted… bean."

Lord Frosty Butt

:^3

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5688 on: May 30, 2016, 06:45:11 PM »
Being the head of the family also refers to having resposibilities in the family. I'd be pretty sad if he overlooked that.
I my opnion, michen, he's already blown that out of the water.

Don't you think that's a little Harsh Styxx?

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #5689 on: May 30, 2016, 06:47:10 PM »
I feel really angry at the moment, you know the kind of angry where you would have a gun you would do a lot of stupid things (which persons better not to)
simply because he did not do his job, his one simple job he had to do

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5690 on: May 30, 2016, 06:49:01 PM »
I feel really angry at the moment, you know the kind of angry where you would have a gun you would do a lot of stupid things (which persons better not to)
simply because he did not do his job, his one simple job he had to do
hmm? What?

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #5691 on: May 30, 2016, 06:50:46 PM »
He simply had to do one reservation and get some payment done.
He did not do the payment nor the reservation meaning the meeting planned for then is cancelled.
His explenation: "Well, you had to do it. Telling me I had to do something is not enough, it's your fault"

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5692 on: May 30, 2016, 06:53:25 PM »
He simply had to do one reservation and get some payment done.
He did not do the payment nor the reservation meaning the meeting planned for then is cancelled.
His explenation: "Well, you had to do it. Telling me I had to do something is not enough, it's your fault"
HUUUH!???  I don't understand..

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #5693 on: May 30, 2016, 06:54:54 PM »
His job: he had to do a reservation
He did not do it => result: meeting cancelled
this was a really important meeting

and now he is trying to blame me

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5694 on: May 30, 2016, 06:55:56 PM »
His job: he had to do a reservation
He did not do it => result: meeting cancelled
this was a really important meeting

and now he is trying to blame me
and his explanation makes no sense....

You should say "You had to do it or your fired , so your fired.
 his/her reply.Well, you had to do it. Telling me I had to do something is not enough, it's your fault"

see where I'm going with this???
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:57:29 PM by Alex »

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #5695 on: May 30, 2016, 06:57:12 PM »
exactly, no idea how I am going to handle this

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5696 on: May 30, 2016, 06:59:17 PM »
exactly, no idea how I am going to handle this
If that was his explanation I think just   saying what he said to you would suffice.

I mean if the boss tells him to do something and he says that... yeah

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #5697 on: May 30, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »
It just pisses me off, he knew it was an important meeting

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5698 on: May 30, 2016, 07:13:49 PM »
It just pisses me off, he knew it was an important meeting
Then if it is truley his fault he should pay for the mistake in some way.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #5699 on: May 30, 2016, 07:17:32 PM »
Probably yes, but the problem is he is backed