The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171336 times)

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3960 on: October 20, 2015, 03:15:14 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say just stick him with a bayonet. Then they wouldn't have anyone to compare you too. I joke I joke I kid I kid

It doesn't like your situation is going to change tbh. I mean families usually don't change until after a few generations.

Pretty much. After I graduate highschool I'm leaving xD
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline Bembix

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • BURGER TIME
  • Species: Bembix americana
  • Coloring: Mostly yellow & black chitin, blue-and-black striped abdomen.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 112 lbs
  • Build: Slight, and hunched over.
  • Currently: Convulsing
« Reply #3961 on: October 20, 2015, 03:48:49 PM »
I can't eat any food in the morning without getting violently ill 20 minutes later, so I always end up having to wait until after I've finished school for the day to eat anything at all. It's really hard to learn when the only though on your mind is "GO GET FOOD"

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3962 on: October 20, 2015, 07:57:30 PM »
To add to all the stupid little mistakes I kept making today, I've hit my last straw.

Once again, the Drama Director decided to address me in a condescending tone, in a manor that she'd usually talk to a student, and after dealing with that BS all last year, this is it. She doesn't seem to comprehend that my job description literally entails "Running/Supervising Technology for Events." Any time I put in outside of the moment of the events, is a courtesy on my part, considering I'm neither paid for it nor expected to put in that time.

Christ this is when I wish for more job security e.e

Offline Traum

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Currently: Tickle me!
« Reply #3963 on: October 20, 2015, 08:19:24 PM »
There is no Halloween where I live. dammit

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #3964 on: October 20, 2015, 08:20:15 PM »
There is no Halloween where I live. dammit
I'm actually happy about it.

Offline Traum

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Currently: Tickle me!
« Reply #3965 on: October 20, 2015, 08:22:09 PM »
americans make it sound so fun

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
« Reply #3966 on: October 20, 2015, 08:37:01 PM »

Well to be honest, with all the safety freaks in this country, you can't really enjoy it anymore. Someone is always scared that someone is going to put poison or metal in the candy. I would say just take an effing chance, and have fun with it.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3967 on: October 20, 2015, 09:11:44 PM »

Well to be honest, with all the safety freaks in this country, you can't really enjoy it anymore. Someone is always scared that someone is going to put poison or metal in the candy. I would say just take an effing chance, and have fun with it.

I've actually had an experience with the over-protectiveness of parents on Halloween. http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=23601.0

I miss being able to get into character on Halloween. I just haven't been in the mood for it the past couple years. :I

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
« Reply #3968 on: October 20, 2015, 09:22:16 PM »

I've actually had an experience with the over-protectiveness of parents on Halloween. http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=23601.0

I miss being able to get into character on Halloween. I just haven't been in the mood for it the past couple years. :I

You're right Evna. If you don't want your kids to be scared, don't take them. Isn't that the whole point of Halloween? I swear, safety Nazi's get on my nerves sometimes.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3969 on: October 21, 2015, 01:51:07 AM »
I hate people that disrespect the police, swat, ect like they're the bad guys honestly my dad leaves for weeks and I don't know if he will come back or be in the hospital with bullet wounds, or in a concussion. Makes me want to snap, he helps others... They're just following orders, I **censor** swear why do they even risk their lives for ungrateful people in this world.

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure-blooded)
  • Coloring: Pure white, with a gray tail tip. One yellow and one blue eye.
  • Height: 5'7 in anthro form
  • Weight: A healthy 107 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
  • Currently: Feeling a lot better. ^-^
« Reply #3970 on: October 21, 2015, 02:03:27 AM »
I think what your father does is very noble and deserves respect, Zaida. My friend's father is the sheriff and he works sleepless nights and tiring mornings nearly every day, making sure everything is as it should be in my town.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #3971 on: October 21, 2015, 02:11:23 AM »
Some people may have had bad experiences with police. I myself don't trust police officers because of terrible events in my past that has involved them, but I DO understand that there are some people in the force that are very brave and respectable. Honestly i think it's always a background type of thing when a person says shit like "Cops man, I can't stand any of em!" Plus, the news doesn't really do officers any justice, so that too has to be taken into consideration.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #3972 on: October 21, 2015, 02:34:21 AM »
Mind games are **censor** disgusting. Especially from abusers who think they're totally justified or try to turn things around like the person they abused was at fault. Like... The hell? Why? It's just disgusting to sit here and have to listen to that type of bullshit all the damn time.

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure-blooded)
  • Coloring: Pure white, with a gray tail tip. One yellow and one blue eye.
  • Height: 5'7 in anthro form
  • Weight: A healthy 107 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
  • Currently: Feeling a lot better. ^-^
« Reply #3973 on: October 21, 2015, 02:38:28 AM »
I hate New Age bullshit.

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #3974 on: October 22, 2015, 01:45:42 AM »
Another sleepless night