The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171415 times)

Offline Aldebar

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Shag Carpet
    • DeviantArt
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: Bovine (Yak/Bison)
  • Coloring: Blacks, dark browns, white outline around ice blue eyes.
  • Height: 7'6"
  • Build: Stocky, a bit thick
  • Currently: Staying strong.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3690 on: August 29, 2015, 11:19:38 PM »
Definitely tell an adult, the adults at your school are there to help after all. Even if they turn out to be unhelpful, you at least can't say you didn't try, right?

You'll deal with that kind of pettiness from people your whole life, but I think it's definitely worse in grade school. (Side note: Giving this kind of advice makes me feel approximately a million years old.)

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #3691 on: August 30, 2015, 12:44:43 AM »
I just wanna standmin a crowded place and scream at the top of my lung. I hate depressions and whats worse is I take it out on the people I care about. Ive made an appointment for monday with someone who can help but im scared until then.
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline CrazyCat

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic Cat
  • Coloring: gray fur with white belly, chest, and paws.Tip of the tail is also white. Has green eyes.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: A Nervous Wreck
« Reply #3692 on: August 30, 2015, 01:05:35 AM »
I just wanna standmin a crowded place and scream at the top of my lung. I hate depressions and whats worse is I take it out on the people I care about. Ive made an appointment for monday with someone who can help but im scared until then.

As someone who's been in treatment for depression for 5+ years, I can tell you there's nothing to be afraid of. Therapy, it's mostly just talking about your feelings, thoughts, what's bothering you and finding coping strategies. If you're getting meds, then it's not too bad either. Side effects aren't too serious with SSRIs. Just don't expect miracles out of them. They're NOT happy pills. They just make you feel less miserable so you can function more normally and it's easier take steps to improve your life. Either way, it's gonna take a long time, so have patience.

P.S. thanks to everyone for their concern about my mysterious headache :3
There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's
There's no right way to eat a Rhesus

Offline kalan

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
« Reply #3693 on: August 30, 2015, 01:09:16 AM »

As someone who's been in treatment for depression for 5+ years, I can tell you there's nothing to be afraid of. Therapy, it's mostly just talking about your feelings, thoughts, what's bothering you and finding coping strategies. If you're getting meds, then it's not too bad either. Side effects aren't too serious with SSRIs. Just don't expect miracles out of them. They're NOT happy pills. They just make you feel less miserable so you can function more normally and it's easier take steps to improve your life. Either way, it's gonna take a long time, so have patience.

Thats not what im afraid of, im afraid im not gonna make it to monday
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

Offline CrazyCat

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic Cat
  • Coloring: gray fur with white belly, chest, and paws.Tip of the tail is also white. Has green eyes.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: A Nervous Wreck
« Reply #3694 on: August 30, 2015, 02:28:38 AM »

Ohhh. This is serious.
Going to ER is always an option if you feel you can't take it anymore. Or calling a suicide hotline. Those guys are really helpful. Here's the number (USA only unfortunately don't know any for those not in Burgeristan) 1 (800) 273-8255 just in case shit gets real serious and you can't find anyone who'll listen. They'll help you hang on til monday.
There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's
There's no right way to eat a Rhesus

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3695 on: August 30, 2015, 05:22:39 AM »

Ohhh. This is serious.
Going to ER is always an option if you feel you can't take it anymore. Or calling a suicide hotline. Those guys are really helpful. Here's the number (USA only unfortunately don't know any for those not in Burgeristan) 1 (800) 273-8255 just in case shit gets real serious and you can't find anyone who'll listen. They'll help you hang on til monday.

Seriously, keep these options on the ready. They can help you, one way or another, but nobody can help you if you're already gone.

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #3696 on: August 30, 2015, 06:03:01 AM »

I left the pills, because they caused constant headaches and migraines, which next caused my sleeping habits to get completely **censor** up.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #3697 on: August 30, 2015, 06:43:15 AM »

This weird pain in my head is starting to worry me.
It feels like a migraine, but at the same time it doesn't.
Other than the pain, my arms, hands and legs feel "disconnected" (like as if they're not mine but still somehow do what I want them to do), moving my head around too quickly causes me to feel nauseous, bright lights, most sounds and strong smells makes things feel worse, standing up makes me feel extremely dizzy and also makes the pain in my head/eyes stronger, I feel sleepy even tho I've slept enough for sure, my eyes feel like I've been crying a lot, and I have a hard time focusing them on stuff so everything looks more or less blurry, I'm shaking, the whole world feels like it's spinning, and I feel like I could just sit (or lie) and stare out into nothing for hours without caring.

It's probably just a monster-monster-migraine or something, but it's never been like this before (I've had confirmed migraines for 5-6 years now) so that's why it's worrying me x-x

Offline kalan

• Velvety Vole
    • Awards
« Reply #3698 on: September 01, 2015, 10:42:44 AM »
Omfg I was supposed to go do some work for a buddy today. I get over to pickup the guy thats supposed to be working for me today and he says I dont wanna work today. Are you freaking kidding me so now I get to make phone calls and find someone else. Damn it I hate unreliable people.
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #3699 on: September 01, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »

This is my rant for today.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #3700 on: September 01, 2015, 01:46:09 PM »

This is my rant for today.

^That guy... **censor** that guy.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #3701 on: September 01, 2015, 01:48:53 PM »
I mean, why? The question was tolerable. I would have let it go, but then calling transgender and femboys lost and wrong minded? Excuse me? That's just not okay.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3702 on: September 01, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »
What an asshole.  It's sad the world is filled with people like him.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #3703 on: September 01, 2015, 01:56:25 PM »
I mean, why? The question was tolerable. I would have let it go, but then calling transgender and femboys lost and wrong minded? Excuse me? That's just not okay.
Guys, guys. Let's focus on the bigger issue here. That guy is SHIT at English. It aggravates me.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #3704 on: September 01, 2015, 02:00:48 PM »

Guys, guys. Let's focus on the bigger issue here. That guy is SHIT at English. It aggravates me.

I second this. XD I messed up at the beginning there, though. So I suppose I can't talk, but still XD