The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171380 times)

Offline Dr. Prower

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Fennec Time ^-^
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
  • Coloring: Baby blue fur with long red hair, white fur on muzzle, tip of tail, chest and tummy
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: The Fluff Awakens!
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3330 on: May 30, 2015, 03:55:04 PM »
Damn.... This world seems cruel. Have problems of my own but I'd like to keep them low profile, but wow. People punching dogs, body-builder rapists, people ganging up on others, and a bear who's being ignored. War, war never changes..
It took me a few minutes to realize my problem was referenced lol

Also I have no clean clothes, and Jehovah's Witnesses are at my door.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #3331 on: May 30, 2015, 04:03:29 PM »
Teiko you're absoulutley right. There's a lady here that had a puppy mill, she had 130 dogs in kennel some were in 5 foot by 5 foot kennels with 2-3 other dogs and no water or food the dogs that did have water had mold and dead mice in their buckets and none had shelter from the cold and heat. The dog were seized and given to the humane society, happy ending right wrong. The 17 severely malnourished horses she has never left the property. She got a $50 fine for everything and not a day in jail. She kept her breeders license never even had it suspended and she got the kennels full of dogs agains. The police are supposed to be checking on her but their not cause that would cut into the time they have for crooked stuff. So teiko is right humans are pure evil this is just one of many cases where human system failed. I wish the humans would just destroy themselves already
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #3332 on: May 30, 2015, 04:11:31 PM »
This whole "humans are evil" thing is stupid. One of my best friends called Ele is THE nicest human I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She's a star.

My headteacher in my primary school always outdid himself in making sure all his students were well looked after.

Mrs. Jarman, the late lovely lady who took care of children would go above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy and healthy.

My PLA (Personal Learning Assistant) has over a hundred students to look after. She works without slacking to make sure they get the best out of their education.

My old doctor was really nice too. Saved my mother's life even though he risked ruining his career.

I wish people would realise that there is alot of humans on this Earth. 8 billion of them in fact and that it's impossible to say that they are entirely good or evil. They're just very diverse. They're not perfect, neither are we, but at least they're working to become better.

Right, now for a slightly pettier vent:

I lost my USB. Again.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #3333 on: May 30, 2015, 04:13:45 PM »
That's why I backup mine

Offline Seko

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Panda
  • Coloring: Blue eyes, default red panda colours
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 70kg
  • Build: Average with massive hands
« Reply #3334 on: May 30, 2015, 04:15:26 PM »
Stuff

Stuff

Not all humans are like this. Humanity is crazy moral in comparison to other stuff. Compared to animals we are crazy smart and complex, and the idea of any empathy at all is a really really amazing things for humans to have. We are the only species with high-species to low-species empathy or recognition of other viewpoints of life at all.

So yeah, people do terrible stuff sometimes. We also do some good things, and given how intelligent and viciously dominant a species we are, we should be proud we don't do a lot more evil stuff.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:39:54 PM by Seko »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3335 on: May 30, 2015, 04:15:44 PM »
One must acknowledge the countless HUMANS that actually attempt to SAVE abused animals and people and put the wrong-doers in their place. THAT is not a "rare exception". THAT is actually very common. But you know how negativity hits harder than good deeds.

That said, it's best to continue this discussion in a thread of its own.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:19:28 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #3336 on: May 30, 2015, 04:25:25 PM »

All humans R bad because I saw some stuff on the internet

Teiko you're absoulutley right. I have literally one other example I saw one time

Not all humans are like this. Humanity is crazy moral in comparison to other stuff. Compared to animals we are crazy smart and complex, and the idea of any empathy at all is a really really amazing things for humans to have. We are the only species with high-species to low-species empathy or recognition of other viewpoints of life at all.

So yeah, people do terrible stuff sometimes. We also do some good things, and given how intelligent and viciously dominant a species we are, we should be proud we don't do a lot more evil stuff.

I'm sorry, but I'd just like to slip in that belittling someone else's point like that is not at all fair in an argument.

Anyways! I don't wanna ever go back to Lock Haven Pennsylvania. That was a terrible night last night and I want nothing more to do with that place if those two terrible people are there. Ugh!

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #3337 on: May 30, 2015, 04:56:55 PM »
Stuff

Stuff

Hold on I would like to point out that this was used to defend humanity's empathy and good nature. If you look youll even see intelligence in there. And seriously the it could be worse mentaility
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3338 on: May 30, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »
All I'm gonna say is that Seko should have quoted them properly.

OT: I went to the store once I got home and argued with a cashier for ten minutes about whether or not dollar coins exist. -_-
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:02:33 PM by Aconitum Lovien »

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #3339 on: May 30, 2015, 07:54:55 PM »
Humanity is not evil, there are just evil humans. Yeah, I see things that people do that enrage me to no damn end and I want to just rid the world of those types... but without evil, there'd be no good. We'd all just be. Funnily enough, learning something as evil/cruel/mean/whatever, teaches us how to actually be good. Likewise, being good teaches people how to be evil. To claim the whole of a species should disappear due to one's own preconceived notions is as ignorant as the people killing things in such unnecessarily gruesome ways, if not more ignorant, even.

The human mind retains all negative thoughts more strongly than positive ones, specifically for the purpose of teaching you what to stay away from. But with the evolution of human intellectuality, it also has come to be the vessel that teaches us wherein our morals exist, and it's now a vessel we can adapt based on acquired information.

So in short, to claim that a group of individual organisms are all the same or can all be lumped into one group beyond their scientific divisions is the most asinine rejection of common sense and akin to noticing everything but the elephant in the room.

And yes, this is my vent because I am so sick and disgusted by how prevalent this "I HATE HUMANS/humans should disappear" mindset is. Saying that is as much of an insult to one's friends to the man who just got done rescuing a puppy from a burning house. Humans have just as much of a capacity for good as they do for evil. I don't hate people, I hate bad people.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #3340 on: May 30, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »
What is with all the sexual harassment lately? I don't understand how a man can see a young woman on the street and feel the need to come up behind her and smack her butt. Like... Eww.

Offline Dr. Prower

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Fennec Time ^-^
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
  • Coloring: Baby blue fur with long red hair, white fur on muzzle, tip of tail, chest and tummy
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: The Fluff Awakens!
« Reply #3341 on: May 30, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »
The sad thing is, the pit bull example actually does happen. A few bad pit bulls have caused the entire breed to become illegal in certain states, and in some cases, it was the owner who trained to dog to act vicious.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3342 on: May 30, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »
Humanity is not evil, there are just evil humans. . .in short, to claim that a group of individual organisms are all the same or can all be lumped into one group beyond their scientific divisions is the most asinine rejection of common sense and akin to noticing everything but the elephant in the room.

And yes, this is my vent because I am so sick and disgusted by how prevalent this "I HATE HUMANS/humans should disappear" mindset is. Saying that is as much of an insult to one's friends to the man who just got done rescuing a puppy from a burning house. Humans have just as much of a capacity for good as they do for evil. I don't hate people, I hate bad people.

And this is my rant too. It's getting goddam annoying how it's "cool" to hate on the human race now. I bet if people started bashing dolphins all the time, these haters would get all offended and whatnot.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #3343 on: May 30, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »
The human hate shit is getting annoying as hell. I suggest making a new thread because we've gotten in trouble for this crap before.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3344 on: May 30, 2015, 09:41:21 PM »
Yep. As I said, we need to go back on topic and move the discussion over to a new thread.

In other news, I don't like how a certain family member thinks I'm taking things on the internet too seriously when I'm just trying to have a discussion. Having a discussion doesn't mean I'm taking it too seriously. I just feel like talking about something on my mind...