The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171210 times)

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #2940 on: March 12, 2015, 01:32:48 AM »
Yea. I've got a feeling once I turn 18 he's gonna want nothing to so with me. Cuz then his sooal security check is gonna drop a lot.
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2941 on: March 12, 2015, 06:18:43 AM »
It pisses me off that so many people give their friends free passes when they do something wrong, or even ENCOURAGE their wrong-doing. I understand you don't want to hurt your friend's feelings, but when something is up, you need to set that aside and do what's right. If they can't handle that, it's their fault, not yours.

For example, I had to warn my mate multiple times for what he said in the IRC, and I didn't just let it slide because we were going out. I gave him warnings, then personally told him "Nuh, don't do that again, hun. It's inappropriate, against the rules, etc." And he listened and understood. If your friend or mate or whoever has a bitchfit over you politely pointing out something wrong they did and asking them to stop, give them time to cool off and think. If they refuse to listen and stop being friends or block you, good riddance.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #2942 on: March 12, 2015, 09:55:22 AM »
I'm just so very tired.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #2943 on: March 12, 2015, 11:08:27 AM »
If my dad gets one more dog I'm gonna scream. I just got a brand new VERY expensive comforter set. Which is dry clean only. And his two hell hound/English bull terriers are f***ing ruining it. And I get to wake up to one of them jumping up and scratching my eye. Twice.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2944 on: March 12, 2015, 11:10:34 AM »
ARGH I suck at code interviews

While I'm at home and school I'm making a video game in C#, I made a dating website in CGI perl, I can do just about anything confidently with Linked lists, trees, graphs and the like.

But in a timed code interview when asked "reverse words in a string", I rush it, make small little mistakes I didn't check before submitting, and feel totally shit
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #2945 on: March 12, 2015, 11:28:56 AM »
All I want is for my Dad to accept me. I don't get why he has to be so weird about the things I like and are attracted to. It makes no sense to me.

He's already a very stressed person, so why on Earth does he make more things to stress him out?
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #2946 on: March 12, 2015, 03:37:10 PM »
Oh no... Terry Pratchett has died :'(

I know it has been coming for a while but it still is a terrible shock.  66 is too young.

A great author, thinker and human.  He set the bar high for anyone wanting to make the world a better place.

A great loss.

Offline Dr. Prower

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Fennec Time ^-^
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
  • Coloring: Baby blue fur with long red hair, white fur on muzzle, tip of tail, chest and tummy
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Currently: The Fluff Awakens!
« Reply #2947 on: March 12, 2015, 05:34:26 PM »
I'm just so very tired.
As am I. I haven't been full of energy for the last few days.

Offline TMAlt

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Coloring: Light Tan with white belly, fingers, and toes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 184 lbs
  • Build: Hourglass, chubby
« Reply #2948 on: March 13, 2015, 04:10:40 AM »
*sigh* I see someone who just started doing their own art who colored stuff for some well known artists able to start their bids at $50. All I can get out of mine is $15 and I've been working on it for years longer than they have.  :'(

I don't know what else to do. I'm on FA, DA, Weasyl, SoFurry, AND InkBunny and I've advertised on FA. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. I've tried making friends with popular artists, but I just don't know how to talk to people. Maybe this type of job isn't right for me after all....

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #2949 on: March 13, 2015, 04:13:49 AM »
*sigh* I see someone who just started doing their own art who colored stuff for some well known artists able to start their bids at $50. All I can get out of mine is $15 and I've been working on it for years longer than they have.  :'(

I don't know what else to do. I'm on FA, DA, Weasyl, SoFurry, AND InkBunny and I've advertised on FA. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. I've tried making friends with popular artists, but I just don't know how to talk to people. Maybe this type of job isn't right for me after all....
Have you tried getting people to shout you out? Or adding your art to groups?

Offline TMAlt

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Coloring: Light Tan with white belly, fingers, and toes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 184 lbs
  • Build: Hourglass, chubby
« Reply #2950 on: March 13, 2015, 04:20:18 AM »
I've tried something I call feature freebie friday, but the problem is most of my watchers don't have a lot of others watching them and one of my pieces spread through a ton of groups over on DA. Still nothing. I do the same for my fursuits, but I still don't get very far with it.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #2951 on: March 13, 2015, 04:31:08 AM »
I've tried something I call feature freebie friday, but the problem is most of my watchers don't have a lot of others watching them and one of my pieces spread through a ton of groups over on DA. Still nothing. I do the same for my fursuits, but I still don't get very far with it.
Oh I see. Hmm...

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #2952 on: March 13, 2015, 05:45:23 AM »
Decided to try and watch the the lord of the rings trilogy again.
Bad move.

Hardly made it past the first movies intro speech thing before I started to feel bad.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2953 on: March 13, 2015, 07:08:32 AM »
I never got into doing commissions. I've been dealing with terrible artist block due to personal issues the past few years. I would love to do them at some point, but I don't plan on trying to get a lot of money. And perhaps that's a good thing because I'd have to pay taxes if I get enough income with them, as far as I know. Paypal's fee is enough. :I

On-topic and related, it seems some artists charge a lot for very minimal, wonky artwork. I can understand investing in the artist and giving them practice so they can improve, but often I don't really see much change over time, and even with the "investment" take on it, they still charge a stupid amount. I'm surprised these people even get commissions.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
« Reply #2954 on: March 13, 2015, 11:11:56 AM »
Hurray. Another "you're a **censor** up" speech this morning. But this one was to the max. So now I'm hiding in the bathroom crying. God I feel like such a child.