The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171408 times)

Offline TMAlt

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Coloring: Light Tan with white belly, fingers, and toes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 184 lbs
  • Build: Hourglass, chubby
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #2925 on: March 12, 2015, 12:28:55 AM »
May not stay here long especially if tracing is advocated. Stand up for the artists who's stuff is being traced and I get attacked. BS

Tracing is not at all advocated here. On many occasions, people have had their content removed due to such things occurring. In fact, on those occasions, I have gone out of my way to state that tracing is "not something to be showcased publicly."

I brought it up in one of the art topics and I got crap from everyone and White doesn't seem to think it's bad either as I've seen his responses there. I decided instead to inform the artists who's work is being traced and let them tell this person how they feel. I as an artist wouldn't want to see my work traced. I worked really hard to get where I am without tracing and so have many other artists.

*sigh* I just feel discouraged from sharing my work when I get attacked for standing up for other artists against tracing. Sure this person shows what they traced, but it's still wrong unless the artist says otherwise. I personally learned from referencing and studying. No reason they can't.

[Edit] By the way, thank you for standing up and saying something. Sure I may not be able to word things correctly at points, but at least I try.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:33:58 AM by Zahrah »

Offline Dr. Prower

• Eager Elephant
  • Fennec Time ^-^
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
  • Coloring: Baby blue fur with long red hair, white fur on muzzle, tip of tail, chest and tummy
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: The Fluff Awakens!
« Reply #2926 on: March 12, 2015, 12:33:17 AM »
So I drew a paw print on the back of my left hand today. Thought it would look cute. Little did I know that it would cause one of my friends to go "Dude, don't tell me you're a furry, like one of those weirdos on TV or something." I never expected to experience furry hate...

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #2927 on: March 12, 2015, 12:35:21 AM »
Yes but sometimes the work isnt worth it,people have opinions and opinions easily change the flow of the emotional river and can upset people easily,see ,if the person  has un fairly criticised your art,bombs away if you didn't do something to deserve it
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline TMAlt

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2928 on: March 12, 2015, 12:43:21 AM »
So I drew a paw print on the back of my left hand today. Thought it would look cute. Little did I know that it would cause one of my friends to go "Dude, don't tell me you're a furry, like one of those weirdos on TV or something." I never expected to experience furry hate...

They just don't know what a true furry is. Just explain to them what furries are actually like and mention that just because it's on TV, doesn't make it true.

My next rant is sport hunting. I don't thank I have to say much about especially to furries. But it's just sickening.

Yes but sometimes the work isnt worth it,people have opinions and opinions easily change the flow of the emotional river and can upset people easily,see ,if the person  has un fairly criticised your art,bombs away if you didn't do something to deserve it

So saying what most artist's say about tracing is unfair criticism now? "His" art. He only drew over a picture and colored it. That doesn't make it his. He didn't do the work of sketching the picture, of improving it until it looked good, of spending the years to get to that level. Anyway, it's already been dealt with and very well explained in my opinion. Go read what Sytex said.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #2929 on: March 12, 2015, 12:49:45 AM »
May not stay here long especially if tracing is advocated. Stand up for the artists who's stuff is being traced and I get attacked. BS

Tracing is not at all advocated here. On many occasions, people have had their content removed due to such things occurring. In fact, on those occasions, I have gone out of my way to state that tracing is "not something to be showcased publicly."

I brought it up in one of the art topics and I got crap from everyone and White doesn't seem to think it's bad either as I've seen his responses there. I decided instead to inform the artists who's work is being traced and let them tell this person how they feel. I as an artist wouldn't want to see my work traced. I worked really hard to get where I am without tracing and so have many other artists.

*sigh* I just feel discouraged from sharing my work when I get attacked for standing up for other artists against tracing. Sure this person shows what they traced, but it's still wrong unless the artist says otherwise. I personally learned from referencing and studying. No reason they can't.

[Edit] By the way, thank you for standing up and saying something. Sure I may not be able to word things correctly at points, but at least I try.

White is actually the one who brought the problems to our attention. He's the main reason the whole situation was handled when it was, because I was just browsing all of the topics overall and would have only stumbled across it near the end, since that seems to be how it likes to work. >.=.> Now please, let's all leave the topic in the dust and let it simmer down, the debate is over, so everybody relax. Please.

On topic, my grandparents had no idea one could volunteer on the internet. Gotta love the scoff they give at something I've been doing for nearly four years and have spoken to them about frequently.

Offline TMAlt

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2930 on: March 12, 2015, 12:53:01 AM »
Oh okay. Guess he just didn't notice before?

Sorry White if you're reading. :)

Next rant: Bass heads in apartments. Hate them. No respect for those around them.

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2931 on: March 12, 2015, 12:55:58 AM »
The fact that the internet trolls use 'Cancer' as a word relating with hate
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #2932 on: March 12, 2015, 12:56:17 AM »
Before I start, I know Zahrah has used the word "attacked" twice just above, but this in no way is directed toward her.

I was on YouTube today, havin a blast reading the ridiculous comment fights no one has the strength to get away from, until I noticed something. Something that made me laugh out loud. You wanna know what I noticed? No one knew how to use the word "attack".

Dun dun duh!

Seriously though, It seemed everyone on YouTube thought attack meant "when a group of people don't agree with you till hell and high water."

I mean... you got one man who refuses to believe that feeding a cow corn is bad for it because it eats through the animal's stomach. Then, you got three other people who know for a fact that it is and even provided detailed articles and great sources to back up their claims. Reading through a whole two months worth of comments, I did not see one malicious word or phrase towards the man. In fact, he was the only one throwing insults and even told them to go kill themselves! O_O

Anyways, at the end of the fight, the man gave up and said "You know what, I don't need this shit! I don't need to be so viciously attacked!" Only he said it in all caps and with a lot of exclamation points.

-sigh- Come one, kiddies. Let's learn what words mean before we go throwing them around to make our arguments valid.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #2933 on: March 12, 2015, 12:59:16 AM »
Before I start, I know Zahrah has used the word "attacked" twice just above, but this in no way is directed toward her.

I was on YouTube today, havin a blast reading the ridiculous comment fights no one has the strength to get away from, until I noticed something. Something that made me laugh out loud. You wanna know what I noticed? No one knew how to use the word "attack".

Dun dun duh!

Seriously though, It seemed everyone on YouTube thought attack meant "when a group of people don't agree with you till hell and high water."

I mean... you got one man who refuses to believe that feeding a cow corn is bad for it because it eats through the animal's stomach. Then, you got three other people who know for a fact that it is and even provided detailed articles and great sources to back up their claims. Reading through a whole two months worth of comments, I did not see one malicious word or phrase towards the man. In fact, he was the only one throwing insults and even told them to go kill themselves! O_O

Anyways, at the end of the fight, the man gave up and said "You know what, I don't need this shit! I don't need to be so viciously attacked!" Only he said it in all caps and with a lot of exclamation points.

-sigh- Come one, kiddies. Let's learn what words mean before we go throwing them around to make our arguments valid.

haha nothing beats one about a steam train tho

im so sick of those who cant follow a thing i say you lvl 6 in gta you dont have the gear to handle others when i say get the car i friggen mean it not play super hero and make us fail the heist  T_T
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2934 on: March 12, 2015, 01:04:52 AM »
He kept goddamn leaving when i was trying to rack up flare gun kills

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #2935 on: March 12, 2015, 01:08:21 AM »
I hate hate HATE IT when I'm coloring something and a little bit of the color gets into a part of the picture I don't want it in. I don't care if I spend hours drawing it or if it's a really nice page in a coloring book, it's getting thrown out and I'm starting over. -_-

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #2936 on: March 12, 2015, 01:08:58 AM »

Dun dun duh!

It's the way people are taught, sadly... Read into Deborah Tannen's "The Argument Culture" for more information. I can't quite remember the whole deal. However, that situation on line is a fairly good example of how agonism is deeply rooted in our society. (Again, please read the book, my mind cannot remember everything. Basically, people sorta treat every little argument like a massive war that needs to be won or something. The book tells it better.)

Long story short, the corporations are destroying the world.

How those connect, I'm not sure. I'm still working on wording the connection. But there's a definite connection. It has to do with corporations and society and agonism and the argument culture. My brain's just not that good at connecting words... it takes time.

But anyway. Patience and an open mind are two great things to have in the world.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
« Reply #2937 on: March 12, 2015, 01:17:33 AM »
I'm about done even being near my dad. He sat there bashing on a show I enjoy and he ended it with berating me. "Shut the **** up you stupid f****** ***hole. You don't f****** know anything. " and me telling him he doesn't have to talk to me like that ended with " Shut up you little b****. "
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #2938 on: March 12, 2015, 01:21:32 AM »
I quite dislike not being able to find the right words. Also, it is hard to break out of being passive-aggressive.

And also, it's hard to convince a person that they're worth something when they're convinced they're worthless.

Also, please remember that your dad probably went through the 12-year wringer, which kinda brainwashes everyone into being a total bint if they take the wrong classes. Pardons can be made.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline TMAlt

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2939 on: March 12, 2015, 01:29:19 AM »

Dun dun duh!

No offense taken whatsoever. Being called a hater however is definitely an insult in my opinion. I just can't stand when people gang up just to call someone a hater when they're pointing out something that bothers others especially when they're given another way to go about things. I don't know. I guess it's mostly the way it's worded that can make it look like an attack rather than a criticism. I for one word things badly way too often despite trying to point in a better direction. xD

Cifero:
I'm definitely in the same position. I will try to keep things civil, but when people take it the wrong way or twist it, it gets a little out of hand. I've learned to control it mostly, but it's still a pain keeping it back.

Dax:
I'm with you there. I don't care what a dad's gone through, he should not be talking to his child that way. My dad may support me, but he's a selfish, egotistical, unfaithful, ***hole. Cheated on my mom. My elder sister may have succeeded in breaking them up with her messes that get blamed on my mom.