The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171375 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #2490 on: December 13, 2014, 08:17:20 PM »
Damn everything.

Alright, I'm gonna be careful about how much I reveal here, for it's personal.
Long story short, my stay here has run out by agreement, and I need a certain someone to pick me up by 5 PM (it's 2 PM at the moment). That someone, who had many chances to pick me up this week, isn't even answering now. The drive to here and back is 4 hours total, and they have work at 5 PM. SOOOO... Unless the planets align, I'm screwed. The head of the household understands that it's not my fault, but doesn't want to give any more leniency. I've already stayed over twice as long as I planned. They offered to take me to an inn, but I really can't afford that. I'm just going to wait outside somewhere until certain someone gets here, which, if they are not on their way now, will be at 2 AM at the very earliest.

I don't know how I feel right now. My emotions are so mixed. It's like this certain someone doesn't give a rat's ass anymore. It's not like them. I don't understand.

So yeah, if you guys don't see me on for a bit, you know why.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #2491 on: December 14, 2014, 02:02:37 AM »
Well, somehow, all because of a faulty graphics card, my computer is exploded. Now I have to RMA the card, my external drive that had *all* my collections of things, and reinstall my OS without actually having the proper disc.

There goes what was supposed to be an awesome, game filled weekend, which I haven't had in ages .w.

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 6'2"
« Reply #2492 on: December 14, 2014, 02:57:32 AM »
The struggle is real. T-T
And your problem is mine how?...

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2493 on: December 14, 2014, 04:40:46 AM »
Looks like I'm gonna be homeless for a while.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2494 on: December 14, 2014, 05:10:58 AM »

That's unacceptable D:

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 6'2"
« Reply #2495 on: December 14, 2014, 05:14:49 AM »
Damn, that's rough. That's rougher than rough
And your problem is mine how?...

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #2496 on: December 14, 2014, 05:41:55 AM »
great just friggen great my pair of gunnars that i now need have been taken again i leave them on the kitchen bench so i can make coffee and now they have been stolen looks like i have to buy a new pair and get them expressed to me just so i dont get sore eyes
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Honey Bun

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Bunny
  • Coloring: White fur with brown patches and a few patches of light brown spots on her thighs.
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 200lbs.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: I am bunny- watch me hop. *floofy hopping*
« Reply #2497 on: December 14, 2014, 06:03:32 AM »

I've been there. I wish I could help. D:

Stay strong, you got this buddy. *hugs*
*hops away*

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #2498 on: December 14, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »

Ugh... Hopefully you can have as much luck as I did in my own time of homelessness. My heart's out for you, Evna...

I was going to say something really simple, but I think hearing THAT is enough to account for my vent. That is the worst **censor** thing...

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #2499 on: December 14, 2014, 05:37:56 PM »
So, the certain someone was hesitant to pick me up because they didn't tell me everything that happened. The owner of the apartment they were trying to get for us both wants to charge the full rent price for each roommate. If we were to take it, I would spend pretty much all of the money I have left on one month. As for the backup plan, one we had before all this bullshit, the people we'd both be staying with are still against the idea of me staying due to misunderstandings. But if I have to be homeless, I'd rather be in that city than here because it seems to have more things available for help, so I still need to be picked up. I told the owner of the house, they are letting me stay until noon. Of course even getting picked up in time couldn't work out. Certain someone's truck needs a new essential part, so they can't pick me up until they get it fixed. So, combine getting the new part, going to work (until midnight), putting in the new part, any other inevitable delays that will for sure come, THEN the two hour drive here. I'm gonna be out on the street until morning. And once I do get picked up, where do I go? Back on the street, most likely.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #2500 on: December 14, 2014, 07:32:56 PM »
So I finally get home, after this miserable weekend, ready to spend the rest of the day doing nothing but fixing things. I tell my dad that "I need the laptop, the windows install was corrupt for whatever reason." Knowing the miserable weekend I've had, his response was;

"Saying "I need" something is a really rude way to ask to use something, so try and remember that next time, M'kay?"

Seriously? Gonna be snarky with me, knowing how things have been going? I swear to god, sometimes people have no understanding of the term "Adding fuel to the fire" :V

Offline Anzia

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Just be yourself, everyone else is taken :)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver, Blue, White and Black
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Playful
« Reply #2501 on: December 14, 2014, 10:23:45 PM »
I tell my cousin that I'm sorry, but i wasnt able to get the time off to do the party that we were planning. She then tells me that by adding a " =\ " face, i have "made light" of the situation. But she's not mad at me. And then proceeds to chew me out for the entire thing, and caps it all off with "Stop giving me attitude."
I"m sorry what?
/I'm/ the one giving attitude?

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2502 on: December 15, 2014, 05:09:02 AM »
Well today my "crippled" father had a psychopathic fit because I wouldn't let my dog out in FRONT yard because  our horses were out there and they don't get along. (By crippled I mean he has a broken arm and acts like he's dying and won't let anyone go 2 seconds without reminding them about it.
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #2503 on: December 15, 2014, 09:14:53 AM »
Yesterday I was approached by a Christian missionary on my beach.  He was from Colorado, so I didn't go looking for him he found me.  Anyway he asked if I had a personal relationship with Jesus and have I ever thought about God.

I said I didn't have such a relationship and I had thought quite a lot about God but that I had questions, basic questions, which so far nobody could answer.  After some talk, it was clear to me he could not answer any of my questions and then after a little more it was clear to him too that he was completely out of his depth.

Anyway he offered to pray for me and I accepted.

It was all very civil.  But it still annoys me, because he's traveled halfway round the world to take up my time trying to convince me of something that he knows SO little about.  I mean he really was astoundingly ignorant and also had a few standard line that he whipped out like "you sound like you've been hurt" *facepaw*  Yes, everyone has been hurt, but I wasn't especially hurt anything to do with church, so it really wasn't relevant.

Just can't let it go.  I've gone out of my way to avoid these disappointing discussions, if I wanted to have them the internet is full of opportunities.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:49:35 AM by Trixsie Vixen »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #2504 on: December 15, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »
You handled that situation well, Trixsie. Even my cousin who is Christian can't stand talking to those people and messes with them.

So, I have the plan of the certain someone picking me up or I'm going back to IL by train. I gave them the choice, and they are not sure and still thinking. But I feel the signs point to the train. Looks like I might be going with my old moving-out plan. At least I will have family and a new furry friend close by.