The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171268 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #1905 on: December 08, 2013, 06:19:34 AM »
On Pokemon X, I bred a Ditto with a few of my Pokemon. I hatched a Bulbasaur, a Zorua, and a Froakie. Then I began EV training the Bulbasaur, messed up, then turned off my 3DS to redo it. Turns out I forgot to save that entire time, the last save being right after I caught the Ditto. Ragequit.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #1906 on: December 09, 2013, 06:58:22 PM »
My cat of 21 died earlier this morning, in her sleep.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #1907 on: December 10, 2013, 05:37:30 AM »
21 is a long time for a cat, at least she lived a happy life and went out peacefully.  :) (But of course it's never easy)
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #1908 on: December 10, 2013, 05:41:38 AM »
how does one reconcile atheism and death?
I don't want to be gone forever.
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #1909 on: December 10, 2013, 08:45:48 AM »
Well, Drake, you won't know you're gone forever since you're, well, gone. So it's really nothing to worry about. Death is just the final chapter of life for everyone. Best not worry about it and simply make the most out of the life you have.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1910 on: December 10, 2013, 09:09:27 AM »
Well, Drake, you won't know you're gone forever since you're, well, gone. So it's really nothing to worry about. Death is just the final chapter of life for everyone. Best not worry about it and simply make the most out of the life you have.
it can happen at any time and it's really scary if I haven't accomplished the stuff I want to in life.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1911 on: December 10, 2013, 09:11:21 AM »
All I can say is that when it happens, it happens. No need to constantly worry about it. It will just take up the time you have to live.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #1912 on: December 11, 2013, 06:26:06 AM »
it can happen at any time and it's really scary if I haven't accomplished the stuff I want to in life.

Life after death is like life before birth, you've been "not-born" for at least thirteen billion years and it's felt like nothing ever happened and the same will happen with after death. You will never know of death, if you're dead there is no looking back, forward or anything, there is no looking, no thinking, no time or comprehension. Because of this, there is no POINT thinking about when you're gonna die, you could of died 5 seconds ago and now are just suddenly reborn as an exact copy, there is no way to really tell.

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #1913 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:11 AM »
It it WAY too cold outside to do anything. There's some snow falling (and by falling I mean a violent tornado of blinding ice and dirt that flies straight in your eyes) but it doesn't feel like Christmas yet.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1914 on: December 11, 2013, 07:03:04 PM »

Life after death is like life before birth, you've been "not-born" for at least thirteen billion years and it's felt like nothing ever happened and the same will happen with after death. You will never know of death, if you're dead there is no looking back, forward or anything, there is no looking, no thinking, no time or comprehension. Because of this, there is no POINT thinking about when you're gonna die, you could of died 5 seconds ago and now are just suddenly reborn as an exact copy, there is no way to really tell.

after experiencing life though I don't think I'd be okay with that same kind of oblivion. it's kind of like giving a child a shiny new toy and then cruelly snatching it away after only five minutes.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:10:10 AM by anoni »

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #1915 on: December 11, 2013, 10:19:03 PM »
after experiencing life though I don't think I'd be okay with that same kind of oblivion. it's kind of like giving a child a shiny new toy and then cruelly snatching it away after only five minutes.

When you're old, nothing on your body works the way it used to. No one calls you anymore and all your friends are dead and usually so is your significant other and everything is physically painful and difficult to do. Life definitely seems a lot less colorful. I know a lot of old people who used to tell me how much they've lived a great life and wish us all the best in the future, but it's because they know this world is going down the toilet.

Tbh, I think I see a lot of old people WAITING to die and accepting it, rather than being afraid of something that could likely occur within the hour. Your age puts a HUGE perspective weight on the concept of death that self-preservation would never allow it. When you're old there's not a lot left to preserve especially when catching a bad flu could mean the end.

What scares me the most about death is the lead up to it. I've seen people die from cancer, disease, and old age and I don't intend to die that way if I have anything to do with it. People who die in accidents and violent altercations are the ones who die unexpectedly while suicidal people only WANT to not exist. Because really, once it happens, it doesn't matter if you like it or not. Are they lucky in a sense? I can't say. It's here nor there.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:31:45 PM by Spike_ »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1916 on: December 11, 2013, 10:26:14 PM »
But the point is that you won't even know it because you won't be capable of knowing, even existing. There's really not much else to say. As a non-religious atheist, one needs to accept the inescapable sad parts of life, including death, and not just "believe" in a cuddly afterlife just because it feels good. Just don't let it bother you. All it does is waste the time you have left.

Also, I agree with Spike entirely with the age thing.

Anyway, I need to return some manga I borrowed from a friend several months ago. I woke up late and I smell and feel like crap, and I'm afraid she'll be driving over here to pick them up. I don't want anyone anywhere near me right now, so I'm gonna pretend I'm not home since my dad's out working. I'll feel like an ass, but it's better than acting awkward as hell.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:31:01 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1917 on: December 12, 2013, 02:11:48 AM »

It's nothing like that example you gave, it'd be more like giving a child a toy, then taking the toy away and having the child instantly forget he ever had a toy in the first place. Remember, when you're dead you can't perceive things, there is no consciousness, so you can't "look back" to life and miss life, because you're dead and can't perceive anything.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1918 on: December 12, 2013, 02:17:10 AM »

It's nothing like that example you gave, it'd be more like giving a child a toy, then taking the toy away and having the child instantly forget he ever had a toy in the first place. Remember, when you're dead you can't perceive things, there is no consciousness, so you can't "look back" to life and miss life, because you're dead and can't perceive anything.
well that's not absolutely certain, hell it could just be floating around in oblivion by yourself for eternity x.x

----------------------------
I just can't shake the paranoid delusion that everybody secretly hates me.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:19:19 AM by KangaDrake »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1919 on: December 12, 2013, 02:48:50 AM »
Yeah, I get that too.