The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame OOC (Finished)  (Read 20360 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Everflame OOC
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 02:40:31 PM »
then post yours and i'll mod mine

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 07:06:42 PM »
three stories at once, this is cool, complex for me but cool. I still have to remember a bunch of stuff to throw in later on.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »
yea, and you have to be the one that posts the most, just so this RP continues.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »
well thank you for doing that Asia, i realise how hard it must be for you to keep this Rp going and post in accordance with 3 people...

so yeah, thank ye very much  :3
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 08:25:51 PM »
It's a good thing I absolutely love writing stories, and I love the stories I write. :P
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »
I love the stories that your write, Asia. Considering that I haven't gone to writers college yet, I won't be posting more stories, but your review on my other one made me realize some main errors. :P
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »
The only thing an education in writing does is create an environment for you to bounce around in. It can't be taught. You can only learn by constantly writing and constantly having that writing critiqued. Trial and Error, essentially.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2010, 09:38:41 PM »
Yes, I can understand that, but I want to be able to acquire specific techniques, and a writer's college should help me do that, or help me self teach them.

Post Merge: January 14, 2010, 09:50:01 PM
Anyway....should our stories merge at one point? I mean, they don't have to right away, but a bit farther into the story, we come together from random occurrences and what not. Of course, it can stay separate for as long as you like, I'm just throwing it in there.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:50:01 PM by HowlTheGrayWolf »
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 10:54:26 PM »
That's what I'm trying to pull together. It wont happen that quickly but it will happen in the build up and if all goes well, it should be pretty cool.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 01:00:38 AM »
HOwl, if you want to write better, expand your vocabulary. That is a major thing. Also, I'm not sure if this applies to everyone, and i'm sure it doesn't even work for those who it applies to, but growing up, I've learned how to mimic multiple personalities. To become someone and see everything in a different way. It's a good way to develop characters and the story as it progresses. No one wants to read a story where all the characters sound the same. A tip, read more and remember what you read. I have never been to writing college and the closest thing i have to a writing class is a creative writing class i took senior year of high school. I've been writing stories since 5th grade. Like Asia said, it's trial and error and a lot of critiquing. Though it'll take longer, always think about how it can be improved. My books, Kin Chronicles,  is written in four stages. This might help:
Stage 1: Story overlay (mapping. plot. subplot. characters, etc.)
Stage 2: Rough Draft
Stage 3: Final Draft
Stage 4: Final Print (typed up, all prior stages are and must be hand written.)

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 01:25:30 AM »
Thanks. Yea, I'm new to writing, so I've got A LOT of work to do, but if my good imagination serves me well, and good writers like you and Asia keep on critiquing me, soon I'll have improved my writing significantly.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 02:14:27 AM »
so just keep writing, man. Asia and I will back you up, and help you out.

Post Merge: January 15, 2010, 02:19:29 AM
"Lovely bit of J2O if you dont mind,"
lol. did you mean H2O?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:19:29 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 02:29:22 AM »
Stage 1: Story overlay (mapping. plot. subplot. characters, etc.)
Stage 2: Rough Draft
Stage 3: Final Draft
Stage 4: Final Print (typed up, all prior stages are and must be hand written.)
For me, stage 1 and 2 blend, and stage 4 doesnt exist. I barely ever write things on paper. It doesnt feel right, plus they get lost and crumpled and my handwriting is terrible.

"Lovely bit of J2O if you dont mind,"
lol. did you mean H2O?
Wrong thread, and I did mean J2O, as in:

It's juice.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 02:35:29 AM »
never heard of it, where's it from and who sells it?

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 02:50:50 AM »
According to wikipedia, Made by Britvic, sold in the UK and Ireland.... huh... I guess you wouldn't have heard of it then :P It's very popular over here.