The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame OOC (Finished)  (Read 20361 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: Everflame OOC
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 11:16:22 PM »
Right then, i've participated in quite a few RPs, but this is my first one to instigate and control, hopefully I'll do a cracking job of it.

Everflame is a sci-fi RP in the same kind of thread as Firefly and things like that. The galaxy is under the rule of a single government of allied planets, with the headquarters situated on the Capital Sphere, a mega-ship housing millions in a utopian atmosphere. Even the space around the ship is filled with happiness. Any planet it is near finds increased public well-being, increased production and an explosion of creative endeavour, often kickstarting cultural and technological advancement. Many believe this is due to the impressive nature of the sphere and its people. They are a people to follow and listen to, because they have created such a beautiful society. There's almost a mythic quality surrounding it. Most planets find it hard to live up to that example, and the border worlds dont even try, existing as hives of slums and criminality.

There is a reason for the "too good to be true" nature of the capital sphere, and that is a small enigma known as the everflame. It is a ball of energy encased in glass imbued with a unique element referred to as Evdhemonite. Anyone within its proximity is filled with happiness, so the government placed under heavy protection within the capital sphere, using technology to spread its signal further to encompass the sphere with some less intense effects on nearby planets and craft, all in order to create this utopian society.

However, the Everflame isn't there anymore. It's been stolen by one of the guards and this has thrown the galaxy into chaos. The drop from a life of wonder to a life of reality was too sudden and too great. The spherites are freaking out causing skyrocketing suicide, theft, rape, murder and a climate of intense aggression has replaced the calm. They want to know what's going on, the government are blaming a contaminant purpotrated by the guard, so they are trawling the galaxy destroying everything to find him. Anyone in their way is killed without a second thought, under the force of their righteous fury.

The reason the government keep the everflame secret is so that the other worlds dont feel cheated by the sphere keeping it for themselves and so that there's no major effort from organisations or nations to steal it.

---------------------------------------

So that's the tale that has been told and you may create wherever in the universe you wish. I will do whatever I can to fill the world around you and give you interesting things to see and do no matter where you are or what you're doing.

The rules are the usual
-No God-modding
-Wait for others
-No tiny posts
-insta-kills are allowed but are extremely rare, need to be cleared by me first and must never cut someone out of the rp. The one dying needs to consent as well. (For the sake of an engaging tale, dont be afraid to lose a character or two)
-Follow the nature of the society you're in
-Dont be afraid to lose a battle or get arrested or anything like that. A good story needs highs and lows and who knows where those lows will take you.

You can be a citizen of the capital sphere but you must demonstrate the effect you have suffered from the loss of the Everflame.

Oh and you can give the main guy who stole the everflame absolute hell, but no matter what happens, he will be at the end of story and he will have the Everflame with him. That is the only thing that is certain in this tale.

So, character profiles go thusly:

Name:

Location: (Refers to location at the start of your entrance into the RP)
Occupation: (Should make sense according to the location, but doesnt have to.)

Weaponry: (Don't go crazy, make it realistic to the location, you're a lot less likely to be armed on the more developed worlds, and a lot less likely to have anything expensive on the border worlds. Capital sphere citizens have been allowed weapons for many years since the Everflame really demonstrated its power, but now that the everflame is gone, people are using the weapons on eachother and there is a major effort by the police force to remove and/or destroy them. The most powerful carryable weapons are all registered under a system that can disable them at any time. However due to lax security, it is surprisingly easy to acquire modified versions that bypass the database. These weapons are also biologically coded so only the owner may use it. Anyone else who tries gets an electric shock, though this can also be bypassed.
As for weapon types, Energy and Ballistic are perfectly acceptable though the likelihood of having these types of weapons depends on the location, e.g. Border Worlds mostly have basic ballistic weaponry.)

Biography: (Should make sense according to location, but doesnt have to.)
Appearance: (Should make sense according location but doesnt have to.)

Oh and remember people, this is a huge spread of planets with different cultures and different styles. Use your imagination.

Oh yeah and if you want, you can take over any character that I create (except the main guy)

--------------------------------------------------------

Name: Asia Kali
Species: Lapine

Weaponry: A15 E Assault, Miralan 350 E Blaster, Torren E Pistol A (E means these are Energy weapons, all of them are guard issue and have been modified to bypass the database)

Biography: His parents were scientists who travelled the galaxy. They travelled across the galaxy, mostly around the border worlds though their main home was back on the capital sphere. Asia never liked moving constantly so took a job in the Sphere Police Force. He quickly raised through the ranks, reaching the post of Guard of the Everflame. The difference between the Capital Sphere and the border worlds always irked him though the effect of the Everflame pushed it to the back of his mind. Recently however, his parents were killed on one of their expeditions by a local gang. This dragged those ideas of injustice in the galaxy right to the forefront of his mind, hatching a plan to steal the everflame. He was pleased with his plan, and the happiness effect merely boosted this confidence.

Appearance: White fur, long upward pointing ears, Civilian clothes, shirt, jeans, a brimmed hat, thick boots and a leather duster.

uhhmmm I never watched Firefly, so how's this work with being close to your character
an associate, hunter?

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 11:19:39 PM »
idk, i never seen firefly either, so, watevs.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 11:26:03 PM »
Howl, there arent exactly slums on the capital sphere. The most slummy of areas are kinda nice. You're not gonna be finding drug dealers or pimps or gangs or anything like that. Just more agitated people in smaller houses with less amenities. There is still serious crime going on, and more reason to commit these crimes in these worse off areas, but you wont see a massive difference.

uhhmmm I never watched Firefly, so how's this work with being close to your character
an associate, hunter?
The only major thing connected to Firefly is the politics and the atmosphere. People act like people and have realistic lives. Basically, just treat it realistically, just like in the modern world... except in space.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 11:30:43 PM »
lolzers. i guess that's  a good way to look at this.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 12:19:17 AM »
Ok howl, I think you're getting a bit confused in terms of space. I'm guessing your latest post refers to you entering the bar that Asia and Korius are in... if so then well.. basically we're halfway across the galaxy from you on a border world. You're on the capital sphere, which is a spaceship, millions of lightyears away... or atleast I thought you were.

If I'm the one confused then say so.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 12:30:23 AM »
may i be an associate of the renegade guardsman?

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 12:32:41 AM »
you talkin about asia's charat?

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 12:36:24 AM »
Ofcourse you can. I would never have been able to steal such a thing on my own. :D Plus there had to a be a reason to come to such a backwater planet. There's plans to be enacting.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 02:17:46 AM »
Ok howl, I think you're getting a bit confused in terms of space. I'm guessing your latest post refers to you entering the bar that Asia and Korius are in... if so then well.. basically we're halfway across the galaxy from you on a border world. You're on the capital sphere, which is a spaceship, millions of lightyears away... or atleast I thought you were.

Oh, I thought we were all on the same planet. Woops. xD Well, I think there would be some type of city in that area even if it's under-developed, unless it's REALLY low.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 02:18:59 AM »
Well then, enact them. I wanna post some more. :P

Post Merge: January 14, 2010, 02:19:22 AM

Oh, I thought we were all on the same planet. Woops. xD Well, I think there would be some type of city in that area even if it's under-developed, unless it's REALLY low.

We're in the outer slums, think about it.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 02:31:05 AM »
There's the initial settlement that still has the original colony ship that first landed over four centuries ago. It isn't an incredible place, just a hub of trade and a moderate residential area. The moons surrounding the planet often have people travelling to it with wares to sell. Other than that, there's a few small towns and a lot of barren desert.

Well then, enact them. I wanna post some more
howl needs to sort himself out. If he's on Skeeva then he needs to do react to the situation. If he's on the capital sphere then I can say what I was gonna say, and continue his story where he is.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 02:36:40 AM »
There's the initial settlement that still has the original colony ship that first landed over four centuries ago. It isn't an incredible place, just a hub of trade and a moderate residential area. The moons surrounding the planet often have people travelling to it with wares to sell. Other than that, there's a few small towns and a lot of barren desert.

Well then, enact them. I wanna post some more
howl needs to sort himself out. If he's on Skeeva then he needs to do react to the situation. If he's on the capital sphere then I can say what I was gonna say, and continue his story where he is.

unfortunately, I've already confirmed his presence with us. we can say that he left the planet and that his previous posts are pretenses.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 03:07:53 AM »
Or you could just modify your post depending on Howl's decision. He needn't ever exist in that bar. ;)

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 03:35:49 AM »
k, but that's up to him.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:54 AM »
Well, I wasn't sure if there was an "outer slums" of where we were on the planet. But either way...I guess I should meet up with you guys later, I'll make it a different place I stop at.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.