The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame OOC (Finished)  (Read 20359 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Everflame OOC (Finished)
« on: January 13, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
Right then, i've participated in quite a few RPs, but this is my first one to instigate and control, hopefully I'll do a cracking job of it.

Everflame is a sci-fi RP in the same kind of thread as Firefly and things like that. The galaxy is under the rule of a single government of allied planets, with the headquarters situated on the Capital Sphere, a mega-ship housing millions in a utopian atmosphere. Even the space around the ship is filled with happiness. Any planet it is near finds increased public well-being, increased production and an explosion of creative endeavour, often kickstarting cultural and technological advancement. Many believe this is due to the impressive nature of the sphere and its people. They are a people to follow and listen to, because they have created such a beautiful society. There's almost a mythic quality surrounding it. Most planets find it hard to live up to that example, and the border worlds dont even try, existing as hives of slums and criminality.

There is a reason for the "too good to be true" nature of the capital sphere, and that is a small enigma known as the everflame. It is a ball of energy encased in glass imbued with a unique element referred to as Evdhemonite. Anyone within its proximity is filled with happiness, so the government placed under heavy protection within the capital sphere, using technology to spread its signal further to encompass the sphere with some less intense effects on nearby planets and craft, all in order to create this utopian society.

However, the Everflame isn't there anymore. It's been stolen by one of the guards and this has thrown the galaxy into chaos. The drop from a life of wonder to a life of reality was too sudden and too great. The spherites are freaking out causing skyrocketing suicide, theft, rape, murder and a climate of intense aggression has replaced the calm. They want to know what's going on, the government are blaming a contaminant purpotrated by the guard, so they are trawling the galaxy destroying everything to find him. Anyone in their way is killed without a second thought, under the force of their righteous fury.

The reason the government keep the everflame secret is so that the other worlds dont feel cheated by the sphere keeping it for themselves and so that there's no major effort from organisations or nations to steal it.

---------------------------------------

So that's the tale that has been told and you may create wherever in the universe you wish. I will do whatever I can to fill the world around you and give you interesting things to see and do no matter where you are or what you're doing.

The rules are the usual
-No God-modding
-Wait for others
-No tiny posts
-insta-kills are allowed but are extremely rare, need to be cleared by me first and must never cut someone out of the rp. The one dying needs to consent as well. (For the sake of an engaging tale, dont be afraid to lose a character or two)
-Follow the nature of the society you're in
-Dont be afraid to lose a battle or get arrested or anything like that. A good story needs highs and lows and who knows where those lows will take you.

You can be a citizen of the capital sphere but you must demonstrate the effect you have suffered from the loss of the Everflame.

Oh and you can give the main guy who stole the everflame absolute hell, but no matter what happens, he will be at the end of story and he will have the Everflame with him. That is the only thing that is certain in this tale.

So, character profiles go thusly:

Name:

Location: (Refers to location at the start of your entrance into the RP)
Occupation: (Should make sense according to the location, but doesnt have to.)

Weaponry: (Don't go crazy, make it realistic to the location, you're a lot less likely to be armed on the more developed worlds, and a lot less likely to have anything expensive on the border worlds. Capital sphere citizens have been allowed weapons for many years since the Everflame really demonstrated its power, but now that the everflame is gone, people are using the weapons on eachother and there is a major effort by the police force to remove and/or destroy them. The most powerful carryable weapons are all registered under a system that can disable them at any time. However due to lax security, it is surprisingly easy to acquire modified versions that bypass the database. These weapons are also biologically coded so only the owner may use it. Anyone else who tries gets an electric shock, though this can also be bypassed.
As for weapon types, Energy and Ballistic are perfectly acceptable though the likelihood of having these types of weapons depends on the location, e.g. Border Worlds mostly have basic ballistic weaponry.)

Biography: (Should make sense according to location, but doesnt have to.)
Appearance: (Should make sense according location but doesnt have to.)

Oh and remember people, this is a huge spread of planets with different cultures and different styles. Use your imagination.

Oh yeah and if you want, you can take over any character that I create (except the main guy)

--------------------------------------------------------

Name: Asia Kali
Species: Lapine

Weaponry: A15 E Assault, Miralan 350 E Blaster, Torren E Pistol A (E means these are Energy weapons, all of them are guard issue and have been modified to bypass the database)

Biography: His parents were scientists who travelled the galaxy. They travelled across the galaxy, mostly around the border worlds though their main home was back on the capital sphere. Asia never liked moving constantly so took a job in the Sphere Police Force. He quickly raised through the ranks, reaching the post of Guard of the Everflame. The difference between the Capital Sphere and the border worlds always irked him though the effect of the Everflame pushed it to the back of his mind. Recently however, his parents were killed on one of their expeditions by a local gang. This dragged those ideas of injustice in the galaxy right to the forefront of his mind, hatching a plan to steal the everflame. He was pleased with his plan, and the happiness effect merely boosted this confidence.

Appearance: White fur, long upward pointing ears, Civilian clothes, shirt, jeans, a brimmed hat, thick boots and a leather duster.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 02:38:07 PM by AsiaBunny »
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Everflame OOC
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 04:05:06 PM »
Name: Korius Lambent
Species: Black Wolf

Weaponry: Mainly carries and uses a katana vibro-blade. Carries an ancient, but restored and modified S&W M500 Magnum Revolver (Mod is that it's 8 shots instead of 5)

Biography: Was born without parents and always lived off the street. Committed his first crime at age 5 and arrested at age 10. Was raised by a mercenary since age 11. Always goes by the warrior code and a fan of classic weapons, hence the sword and millenium old pistol. A very solemn guy and somewhat short-tempered. Always wanted to make his way to the Sphere to get a happy life, but this dream is only second to his dream of more money, though he's already the most expensive mercenary in that side of the system. His honor is his life.

Appearance: Dresses in dark clothes like this:

Usually carrying the katana in left hand. Black fur (Obviously), neon-green feline eyes, scars on both eyes, showing that his originals had been cut off (no fur grows on the scars), and black hair with a long, thin pony tail that goes all the way down to his hip.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:21:27 PM »
Name: Kitt Szarda
Species: Feline

Weaponry:
Single barreled, large stock magazine fed, multiple ammo, 'Cleaver' class shotgun: designed to be used against triffids, the cleaver has several different ammo types including shrapnell and incendiery, but can also extend to such rarities as EMP shells and acid rounds.

Shock Baton: Again designed for triffid control the shock baton sends a large voltage charge into the target through the metal end of this metre long baton, such a large voltage output requires the baton to recharge for several seconds.

E-Magnum: the forever handy sidearm that never runs out of ammo, weak, innacurate, but with a power cell that recharges using an elctrostatic charge core, the last ditch backup weapon of the millenia.

Biography: Coloran was the planet where a brilliant discovery was made, a discovery that changed the surrounding system, the triffids.
Large plants around two metres high when fully grown, with a fast and lethal sting that can reach several metres, triffids are predatorial, and reproduce at an alarming rate. they are also, Coloran's saviours, and bringers of doom.
Coloran was suffering from lack of fossil fuels, almost all reserves of oil had been used and new supplies from neighbouring planets couldnt be afforded, a native plant species was discovered in the heart of Coloran's rainforest, that, after killing the whole team of scientists, was found to be a perfect source of Bio-fuel... The triffid was taken into captivity and bred asexually to produce generations of the plants, these where then kept in captivity and sapped of oils to be made into fuel...

hurrah! Coloran was saved, all thanks to the new company 'Trif-oil'... they produced bio-fuels for centuries to come, from a source hidden to the public, triffid enforcers where trained if ever there was to be a small outbreak, and the people of Coloran where forever thankfull, if suspiscious....

The came the day, that would change Coloran forever, the day the Everflame was stolen....

With the everflame gone a reporter sneaked into a triffid compound, past the triffid enforcers, to get the scoop of his lifetime.. for with the scource of the galaxy's happiness gone, the public where starting to question, to want to know... where did the fuel come from? he would find out....

That reporter died as soon as he opened the door to the 'breeding area'.... within hours the triffids where out, killing the unsuspecting scientists and triffid guards... the compound had been breached, and most of the guards ran that very moment, with the everflame gone they felt only dispair as they watched the triffids kill their comrades..... Soon the same was happening all over the planet, compunds where breached, either by reporters or angry mobs, only to find they had unleashed a horror of horrors....

Coloran is now overun with the plants, they reproduce so fast that by the time any counter offensive was launched they already outnumbered the Triffid guards by hundreds to one.... The government of the galaxy has issued a planet wide cordon, evacuation is not an option.... it so, that the Triffid guard enforcers now fight a guerilla war, seeking to protect the last remaining civilians, every day a fight for survival in what is quickly becoming a planet sized jungle, where the plants are always hungry....

Kitt is one such Triffid Guard, the last hope of the civilians of Coloran, every day is a struggle, to keep the last civilians and comrades alive...

Appearance: Brown striped fur, short and stocky stature, dark camouflaged kevlar body armour and visor, Triffids almost always aim for the eyes with their sting, so face masks or visors are a nececity....

triffid

((hows this Asia? ))
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »
Shinzuu, I love it, also the thing about his eyes is brilliant, start whenever.

Kitt... So you watched Day of the Triffids and loved it so much you applied it here? I love the idea of triffids and all that and I have some ideas of what I could throw at you. My only small problem is that you have nothing to do with the main story in any way, but that's only a small problem and can be circumnavigated, and so the triffids and your people can be a part of the bigger universe.
Start whenever.

I should say that I am looking for people to join with Asia, or atleast have some presence in Skeeva perhaps.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »
So you watched Day of the Triffids and loved it so much you applied it here?

hehe >.>

My only small problem is that you have nothing to do with the main story in any way,

i realised this, and that was the only problem i saw with my story, when you say we can circumnavigate it do you mean i wont be having anything to do with your character and will be doing a 'sidestory' ?

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 05:39:45 PM »
well pretty much anything that happens on your planet will be sidestory, until either you or the triffids or maybe both get off the planet. We'll see how it goes.

You could get another character who isnt on that planet if you want, so you would have 2 stories

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 05:43:12 PM »
maybe both get off the planet

<.<    >.>   mwahaha

i dunno about 2 characters though.... i'm not so great at doing multiple characters unfortunately...

anyway.... time to get posting  :3

oh, forgot to say, i probably cant post today due to revising for exams tomorrow... and i cant post tomorrow in the morning..... so i'l either post today if i find time... or tomorrow evening...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »
As long as you post then all is good

Post Merge: January 13, 2010, 06:58:49 PM
Just making sure that people know that most people dont know of the everflame's existence. Though it makes sense for Shinzuu to know, most people wont.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:58:49 PM by AsiaBunny »

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 08:22:23 PM »
Name: Howl

Species: Wolf

Fur color: A mixture of unique colors that form into a grayish tone

Weapons: Combat Knife and Modified Colt 1911a1 (The bullets do much more damage then the regular version, and the amount it holds is increased, all of which is possible by the works of futuristic technology)

Items: Cigs, lighter

Biography: Before the ever-flame was stolen, Howl had been a war veteran with plenty of combat experience, his rank being 1st Lieutenant, and he served as a business man for many companies. He still has his gun at home and keeps it locked up at all times. But after the ever-flame was stolen (He doesn't know of it's existence, but the effects of it is what I'm speaking off), things changed. He had to get his gun modified; kept it on personal lock and carries it for self-protection when he's not at work, when he is, he'll keep it in a secret compartment under his desk.

Appearance: A black suit with a white undershirt and red tie. Black pants and shoes.

(Just a little question, is the weapons ID thing from Metal Gear solid 4? Because I love that game. :3 )
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:13:08 PM by HowlTheGrayWolf »
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
yea, that is a good game, and no, it's not like the one from MGS 4. those just won't work, period if you're not id'd as the owner. The ones we have in this (as asia explained it anyways) it'll work, but it can be shut down at any time. I only chose the M500 cuz i figured it'd be an old ballistics gun from ancient times, considering the time-frame she's giving, and it's my fav gun next to the 98 berretta.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 08:38:11 PM »
Ah....I see. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Hehe, well I love the Beretta, so that's why I chose it. I guess you could say that this M9 is improved with some special bullets so that way it isn't too weak compared to other side-arms that they have in this time period.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 08:39:51 PM »
m9 is so 90's though, man. it's like a plastic dart shooter compared to the 98, and a wet firecracker compared to the m500 tanaka.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 09:56:40 PM »
Howly, nice character, glad to see it really embedded in the story.

considering the time-frame she's giving
*Looks down jeans*
 :o ... NOOOOOOooOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
xD Thanks Asia. :P

Well, I'm not a big fan of having to create new weapons and explaining the whole god-forsaken function of them, it's far too tedious.

But considering that I need to pack some more power, I guess the Colt 1911a1 would be a good choice. Plus, I'm a civilian now, so I can't get the really good pistols.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 10:15:53 PM »
point taken, now someone post!