The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame OOC (Finished)  (Read 20425 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Everflame OOC
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2010, 01:43:50 AM »
Think about the life that he's lived, and how he should react and learn from that. He should be so scared about hearing about people dying in the snow, even I wouldnt be phased by that. How does he feel going back into a fight? Scared of the fight itself? Hungry for blood? Jaded and dead inside? Think about his life, how has he grown and how does that make him react now?
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2010, 01:45:33 AM »
Ah....yea, I get it. Thank you. :P

A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2010, 01:54:12 AM »
Really? because i was thinking about having it shot and completely trashed at the next sortie near my ship. I know it's very powerful, and the reason I thought of it in the first place was to emphasize what kind of life Korius came from. I created it with the full intention of destroying it. don't worry about it. before we're off planet, it'll be gone.

The actual PDA doesnt matter. He'd still have the influence and ability to access government secrets. He could get another pda, or access a console. I mean, the kind of life he lives, it would seem strange that losing one PDA means that he's completely locked out. That thing could have been shot at any time. What, so he doesnt have a back-up, he doesnt have any sort of contingency plan. That's one major set back. I dont think it makes sense to the character.

You'll find out what i'm talking about when you see it. And notice how I still don't know any government secrets, just a police database. What i'm trying to say is, that that PDA's access is all on a particular code given only by the government. but like i said, you'll understand once I post it. It'll only sound like a cliche for someone who doesn't really read it.

Post Merge: January 16, 2010, 06:57:10 AM
Howl, like we told you before, you have to think what's logical, not worrying about cliche's and whatnot. however, don't forget that your character was created by YOU and has a UNIQUE characteristic that puts him apart from normal cliche's. try thinking about that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:57:33 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2010, 02:00:26 AM »
Hmm...I'll certainly have to think about all of this on my next couple of posts, because my character is going to have to talk a lot soon. So it's good to get all this information before I truly develop his personality. Thanks again for the critiquing and advice.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2010, 02:15:42 AM »
no prob, i just got a lot of talking done on my last post.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2010, 08:57:45 AM »
back guys!  :3

i took a load of cold-medicine stuff and im feelin' almost perfect after one night of sleep  ^_^

also about being overpowered, all Triffid enforcers wear armour, this armour is light and flexible and designed to stop Triffid attacks (vines, visor to stop the sting etc) but gives little to no defence against bullets or energy shots (they give some protection against the flak shell from the cleaver shotguns but other than that nothing)

The cleaver shotgun again is designed for 'enforcing' Triffids, the solid shells could deal good damage against another target, but the flak and shrapnell and inciendary shells really are only powerfull against Triffids or very 'soft' targets....

And also some of the team members carry short range, short burst, flamethrowers for mass Triffid enforcement (but only a few, they are rare)

An image i found that could resemble Triffid enforcer armour and shotguns  :?
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2010, 07:43:35 PM »
You'll find out what i'm talking about when you see it. And notice how I still don't know any government secrets, just a police database. What i'm trying to say is, that that PDA's access is all on a particular code given only by the government. but like i said, you'll understand once I post it. It'll only sound like a cliche for someone who doesn't really read it.
you know what.... your post actually makes some good sense. Nice.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2010, 08:14:47 PM »
told ya.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2010, 02:41:55 AM »
Actually, when I was thinking up Vega 12 I thought that the gloves and hat are purely to protect from the radiation. The plants feed on it, though many die due to atmospheric fluxuations or simply too much or too little of the radiation gathering chemical, that's why they're sporadically placed. This protective wear is used to cover exposed areas during very short-term trips out onto the surface. A full body-suit version is used for longer excursions. They cant just have everyone wear them in fear of exhausting resources, and enforced growth invariably produces an inferior plant which has led to major health issues causing a ban on this sort of farming. The threshold of radiation intake between too little and too much, varies from plant to plant and they have yet to discover what determines that. so they have to rely on nature to find that balance, and so the plants are picked wild. Simply breeding a more durable plant or manipulating the genes to create that plant has led to a series of failures as the plants experience rapid growth and die from the lack of radiation. Finding the key is still a mystery, and the one who figures it out will be rich.

When cut from the main plant, leaves have been known to maintain their radiation aborbing properties for a month, but most shrivel up within a week. There are studies that suggest that the more radiation these leaves recieve, the longer they last.

---------

It's all probably hideously scientifically ridiculous, but that's what I was thinking with the planet.

but anyway, we'll go with triffid killing Kung Fu pandas. It's a cool idea.
And I'll post tomorrow when I wake up

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2010, 03:01:09 AM »
lol, i totally didn't catch that. Kung fu pandas. XD

Post Merge: January 18, 2010, 03:01:49 AM
and i thought triffids were plants, too. well, at least according to kitt's pic on the ooc.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2010, 09:49:12 AM »
They are plants. I just didnt think to put them on Vega, I had other ideas. Doesnt matter now though.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2010, 01:48:48 PM »
I never said there were triffids on Vega 12.

Post Merge: January 18, 2010, 01:56:26 PM
WHAT THE CRAP IS A STAMP IN WHICH YOU MENTION!?  IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:56:26 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »
well... like an indent into the ground. like someone had stamp into the ground, leaving a building looking up out of the indent. I really coulda worded it better... but meh...

Last night, I didnt sleep because of bedbugs, but I did manage to figure out how everything ties together in the big finale. Oh and I may PM some people about important things I want from their character. You'll probably enjoy them quite a bit.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 05:17:03 PM by AsiaBunny »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2010, 07:55:08 PM »
kewl. Oh, and Howl, please put your personal stuff on here. That's what the OOC is for.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »
Right, sorry 'bout that.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.