The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Katie's Scribblings  (Read 16624 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
Katie's Scribblings
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:59:16 PM »
I don't have much right now, and these were done awhile back. I'm better at drawing now, but still not pro or anything.... o.O ...Since these are old, I'm not nessacarily looking for crit, but I will take any if you have it.  :*

This is a semi-furry dude, actually, all he has is the ears, but still.... 0:) I need to do some more work with the colored pencils to make him look solid and eliminate white spots. 
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/darkangelofsadnesskayley/scan0001-1.jpg
The inked cover to a manga I was working on years ago. I just dug it out yesterday! The cover is followed by the first four pages. At the bottom of my post is a script, because my handwriting is terrible and you probably can't read the word balloons.  :S In the third page, the third panel, the guy's face is insanely distorted. *le sigh* In fact, I could come up with a million crits for my old work, but I don't feel like it right now.Click the links to see the pictures! Please enlarge them, if you don't they will look VERY grainy!!!
SCRIPT
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/darkangelofsadnesskayley/scan0002-1.jpg
Title page: Extreme close up of a gal named Sandy.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/darkangelofsadnesskayley/scan0004.jpg
Pin-Up Page: The main character, Courtney. To the right is her friend, the kind goblin named Kyle. Above her are the villians, Courtney's mother Minerva and the after-life diezen Sang.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/darkangelofsadnesskayley/scan0005.jpg
Page 1: Twelve year old run-away Courtney is in a resturant booth with a random guy who picked her up off the street.

Guy: So, how much are you selling for? Come on, little girl, out with it.
Court: *blushing* FIVE HUNDRED dollars.
Page 2:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/darkangelofsadnesskayley/scan0006.jpg
Guy: *is shocked* Don't joke with me. No one would pay you that much if you were Miley Cirus. Now, you pretty young thing, how much rea~
Court:....*interupts* Nine hundred. Not going for any less.
Guy: NINE NOW?
Court: Yep.
Page 3:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/darkangelofsadnesskayley/scan0007.jpg
Court: You're lucky I even let you pick me up, freakin' perv....I'm just a runaway desperate for food! *waahhh waahhh* *shrug* I know the ropes, but I'd NEVER sell myself. Find some other girl, ok?
*pause*
Guy: *grab*

..........And so on! Though it seems kind of dirty, there is NOTHING obscene about the comic, in fact, it's intended for ages 10+. She ends up kicking his sorry butt and getting away, so yah...

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:24:14 AM by Katie~ »
x

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: my....art...or what you may call "art"
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:37:48 PM »
nice work  :3

if you just do what ya said and really go for it with the pencils it should look great!  :*

i'd love to see more of your work when you put it up  :3
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 10:56:37 PM »
Well, you can draw hands better than I. And you have some story writing prowess. It's all pretty good.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 11:05:16 PM »
Thanks Kitt! Knew I could count on you to come over here...And, yes, I shall work more on my CP skillz.

AsiaBunny: Really? Seriously? No crit? And I draw hands better than you????  o.O I thought you were like THE professional on this site. Hahahaha.  ^_^ Thanks though. I appreciate it. And my story prowess? With words like *waaahhh waaah* in the script I thought it was little more than elementary. Guess I'm better than I thought. *blash*
x

Offline Vver

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • All around nice guy
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: White and grey
  • Height: average
  • Weight: average
  • Build: average
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 11:14:50 PM »
:o Wowie. You're REALLY good. You've got a cute style. :3

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 11:21:27 PM »
:o Wowie. You're REALLY good. You've got a cute style. :3

Thanks! May be the tenth time I've said thanks today but I mean it!  ;)
x

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 11:23:42 PM »
AsiaBunny: Really? Seriously? No crit? And I draw hands better than you????  o.O I thought you were like THE professional on this site. Hahahaha.  ^_^ Thanks though. I appreciate it. And my story prowess? With words like *waaahhh waaah* in the script I thought it was little more than elementary. Guess I'm better than I thought. *blash*
 I'm no artistic expert. I'm the last person you want criticising you on art. Also, don't go thinking I dont have anything to criticize, but I only criticise what I think the person can fix quite quickly. The only way you yourself can improve this stuff is through hard graft.
As for your story, there's not much to make a solid opinion on, but you have some good ideas on character and you have quite a cinematic view and pace to the work. As for the waah waah, I didnt really notice that much on the page. It's negligible. Though that said, if I will nitpick, the last page is a bit clumsy, especially the emphaticness of the shrug, it's too big with those wavy lines. Also "Too slow" is a cliché.
but these are small things.

you're good at what you're doing.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 03:04:40 AM »
 I'm no artistic expert. I'm the last person you want criticising you on art. Also, don't go thinking I dont have anything to criticize, but I only criticise what I think the person can fix quite quickly. The only way you yourself can improve this stuff is through hard graft.
As for your story, there's not much to make a solid opinion on, but you have some good ideas on character and you have quite a cinematic view and pace to the work. As for the waah waah, I didnt really notice that much on the page. It's negligible. Though that said, if I will nitpick, the last page is a bit clumsy, especially the emphaticness of the shrug, it's too big with those wavy lines. Also "Too slow" is a cliché.
but these are small things.

you're good at what you're doing.

Kay! Thanks for pointing those things out to me. The story (called "Suicide Lollipop" for obvious reasons later) is intended to be darkly comedic in an insane way, that is, normally sad things are portrayed humorously and with lots of chibis----> *points at last page* My inent was to show that Courtney didn't really CARE that she was seated in front of a perv by her shrugging so dramatically with big eyes. Lolz. But, yes, I admit I don't have a knack for effects, as I lack tone sheets and other professional media thereof. Do you think it would be better if I took out the wavy lines and left the background blank? Or something?

Here is another pic! This is my furry persona, Sasha. Normally Sasha the albino chinchilla has grey tufts of fur, but here I drew them brown for some reason. And, to Kitt, I TRIED to go heavy with my pencils. I TRIED I tell you. Lol. This is in reality a doodle, only took me twenty minutes, and my rush shows- there's a drop of punch splashed in the corner and a blue smudge from my dirty fingers! There's also eraser crumbs that magically somehow got stuck to the scanner screen! Bad me! *hibernates in embarassment of how badly she treats her art*

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/darkangelofsadnesskayley/fursona0001.jpg
x

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 11:35:07 AM »
And, to Kitt, I TRIED to go heavy with my pencils. I TRIED I tell you.

*giggles* ya i see ya did  :3

and it looks really good, the colours are nice n' vibrant! keep up the good work and keep practicing  ;)
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »
Kay! Thanks for pointing those things out to me. The story (called "Suicide Lollipop" for obvious reasons later) is intended to be darkly comedic in an insane way, that is, normally sad things are portrayed humorously and with lots of chibis----> *points at last page* My inent was to show that Courtney didn't really CARE that she was seated in front of a perv by her shrugging so dramatically with big eyes. Lolz. But, yes, I admit I don't have a knack for effects, as I lack tone sheets and other professional media thereof. Do you think it would be better if I took out the wavy lines and left the background blank? Or something?

Yup, take away the wavy lines. I think if you want to make a dark insanity comedy, dont just throw a weird situation at the audience. You need normality as setup. It can be as small as half a page, just the smallest of scene setting, to lull people into a certain set of expectations, before throwing them over a cliff. What kind of things inspire you in this genre? What shows, films?

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »
Ugh. Work overload. Anyway, thought I'd post all of my new avvie for you...I originally did this for White Wolf Guardian.  :D So, technically, it belongs to him.

It has a weird title that I kind of need to explain: its basically a protest against all the people who get mad at me for using a child avatar on Second Life. I'm sick of people getting all fired up just cause I  sl rp play as a 12-year-old Moon or 9-year-old Rana....Before now, I've always just wanted to roleplay and have a good time with my young avvie's. But enough abuse just for doing what I'm supposed to (it's all cub racism) is enough!!!!

I decided to switch my avvie up and design something all the haters will LOVE to hate more than they had before- a child avatar that is a Nazi and has "Such a sweet little Hitler Jugend girl..." floating over her head. I've attached myself to the WW2 rps and am having a blast taking out allies with headshots. (Not that I've had that many, but a five foot tall girl does what she can with a T3 rifle when she's being stalked by S.S. who keep trying to initate her.) Take that! You want bad child avatar, well, I'll GIVE you an EVIL child avatar.

Umm...yeah...sorry for ranting....>.<...Other than that, its' an excuse to have an avvie that I actually drew myself.

Here is das link: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3490319/#cid:25921376
x

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 09:44:13 PM »
I still love it, whether it be here or on FA. It still looks awesome XD, definitely not what I was thinking about when you said you'd surprise me but that is soooo cool <3.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Nyyrikkia Anikeria

• The light in the shadows
  • Handsome Horse
  • Terror of the night.
    • Awards
  • Species: Shadow dragoness
  • Coloring: Inky black with a deep red underbelly, blood red on the undersides of wings and ice blue eyes that turn blood red when using shadow powers. (see the wonderful avatar made by Niala)
  • Height: 3.2 meters tall
  • Weight: 750 kg
  • Build: Strong and agile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 09:57:23 AM »
*falls over* your awesome!

Offline Niala Ornitier

• Liquid Crystal Queen
  • Handsome Horse
  • I feel primitive XD
    • Awards
  • Species: Lavender Tigrepard (just a tiger with a snow leopard's tail)
  • Coloring: Different shades of subtle purple
  • Height: 6 foot
  • Weight: 116 kg
  • Build: A normal build of fluffy and agile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 10:55:37 AM »
Dawww i love the magarie shtylez :D so coot :3

Never look at your life as something insignificant. Never forget those friends of yours that you loved. - Natsu Dragneel

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 02:23:20 PM »
Awww thanks you guyyyys! *does the truffle shuffle- super skinny nerd girl style*
x