The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Blood Ties: Fall of Freedom OOC and Character Board  (Read 9128 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Blood Ties: Fall of Freedom OOC and Character Board
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:19:16 AM »
Ok First things first, the rules
1. Don't go too far in the rp, wait for the others to catch up to where you are at in the rp
2. no posting characters on the main forum unless I ok them (don't worry I'm usually on every day)
3. No god Modding (no being able to shoot fireballs that are the size of Canada in the beginning, or at all)
4. Have fun.
5. Have good Grammar Bad = "Lol look at t3h nub fur l3t's go kill him lawlzorz." it has to be understandable to the common reader.

This is how your character should be structured, and this board will also go into faction detail.
Name:
Clothing: (must include armor/fur)
Powers: (Furs only,  so no random teleportation)
Weaponry (Details further down into the board)
Personal Background: (like a bio just with a fancy name)

Now for the Factions

Bloodline: Technologically advanced, the Bloodline are probably the most feared of the Factions. Hailing from the Eastern half of the U.S. they came from seemingly nowhere. Completely made up of 'Pure Bloods' they treat 'Furs' as animals, seeing that their belief that the 'Furs' will be no more then animals. All their people are equipped in gas masks or Hazard suits (you need to include that in character sheet) so as to avoid mutation. They use traditional firearms and traditional knives.  (if your using a gun, say like the FAMAS or the .50 Desert Eagle or something.) Reference pic to show what i'm talking about
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/fear/images/e/eb/ATC_Heavy_Soldier.jpg -basic trooper
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fear/images/f/f0/Replica_Soldier.jpg - Officers

Furs: the most widespread of the factions. The furs are just your normal person trying to scrape by, and are the average mutant. Their weaponry consists of items scavenged from the dead, or created from the random junk lying around. Due to their mutated nature, they do not need to wear any sort of radiation protection, allowing for better mobility then the Bloodline. Recently discovered within the furry gene is the ability to control a specific element.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2786184- (just imagine these guys without the bandannas over their mouths)

Turncoats: The Furs who have betrayed their friends, families, acquaintances etc. to the Bloodline so they can avoid being experimented on. The Turncoats are granted citizenship within Bloodline controlled settlements and they serve as the front line scouts. Without the re breathers necessary for the other troops of the Bloodline, they are more agile, and capable of hit and run attacks. They can be armed like a normal Fur, or a Bloodline soldier. (the powers of Turncoats are dampened due to their traitorous nature to the other furs, they have little to no understanding of their powers. Reference pic for the Turncoats. http://gordonfreeguy.deviantart.com/art/The-Grunts-70884455 (ones with Red Berets are considered officers)

Outcasts: Humans who refused to leave their mutated brethren. They adopted the fighting style of the Furs, which are mostly hit and run based attacks, but they needing re breathers, are more suited to ambush tactics and assault. They primarily use armor scavenged or created. They view the Bloodline as monsters, and they refuse to even associate one bit with them. Need Gasmasks
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/fear/images/thumb/5/5e/ATC_Soldier.jpg/308px-ATC_Soldier.jpg - Outcast without gasmask

Locations will come later when i dont need to sleep
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:09:03 PM by Gabag »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Blood Ties: REVISITED! OOc and Character Board
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 02:39:48 AM »
Name: Kor Nikobi
Faction: Fur
Clothing: Black scales, with red underfur, wears a black trenchcoat over his fatigues.
Powers: Earth Control
Weaponry: 10'' combat knife (left by his father after being captured)
Personal Background: Son of the currently missing Drax Nikobi, Kor grew up knowing little of the Bloodline until his father gave him basic training. Although not nearly as effective as Drax gained, Kor had somewhat better endurance than most of his generation. However, his powers didn't manifest until three years after his father's disappearance, which made it hard for him to play catch-up with others his age, who already had their powers and got familiar with.

Kor was very proud of his father, which led to many conflicts when rumors of his father actually defecting rather than being captured began to spread...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 02:48:57 AM »
KEWL! Remakes! :D

Name: Spike Morgan
Faction: Furs
Clothing: Torn/ripped jeans, no upper body clothing. His fur is a red orange on his back and head. His belly and lower jaw is white. He wears a set of dog tags and an eye patch over his left eye after having cut it out with his own knife for "personal reasons"
Powers: Fire
Weaponry: Old hunting knife given to him from his grandfather
Personal Background: Spike grew up with his grandfather, his parents both executed by the Bloodline. His grandfather, a human, was part of the USMC before the nuclear holocaust and taught Spike eveything he knew before he hung himself. Fighting and hard labour was all Spike had done since being a young child, working on a farm for a living and he lived in a barn owned by humans who were sypathetic towards him before he was captured and put in a camp. Only until recently did he figure out he could burn things just by getting angry.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »
Name: Kitt Szabo
Species: Felis Silvestris Catus (wildcat)
Clothing: A young feline, Dark grey fur (im doing a new fursona pic ^^ ) with darker stripes, bears resemblance to "wildcats" of the old times.... has many cuts and scars including a bite out of one ear from a feral... His dark fur with striped makes him hard to see during the night, but stick out like a sore thumb during the day..
Powers: shadow
Weaponry: Two long, slender, Skinners knives bearing resemblance to old style european hunters knives...
Personal Background: Kitt is one of those who faced the wrath of the shortlived communism across europe... Farmland taken, families killed and enslaved... the communist regime in europe was settled quickly and shortly by the Bloodline who executed all coomunist leaders and swiftly enslaved the furs... A scoudral by nature Kitt became part of the small resistance against the ruthless bloodline, always alone he always ran... recently he has discovered he can use shadows and darkness to his advantage, these powers, after a near disastrous encounter during the day-time with the bloodline, have little use during daytime. For these reasons Kitt acts mostly in the night, where his feline instincts and natural night vision play into their own...

((Gabag, hope you dont mind the shortlived communist regime bit, just thought it added another little bit to your already great backstory... also tell me if anything is wrong with my character sheet))
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 07:15:51 PM »

4 things
1. your all in
2. communist backstory i may need to expand on
3  We need Bloodline/Turncoat people
4. Why is no one a human character? i mean not even one outcast

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 07:23:40 PM »
4 things
1. yay ^^
2. cool stuff...
3  yes we do!
4. No idea!

((looks cool so far though))

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 08:00:06 PM »
Name: Jay Larraby
Species: Snowshoe Hare (Rabbit)
Clothing: White fur, civilian clothing (cargo pants, tee-shirt)
Powers: Shape-shifting
Weaponry: 2 pre-war Colt .45’s
Personal Background: Jay lived alone in the countryside for most of his life and was generally unaware of the Bloodline until he decided that it was time to escape the backwater of his home and seek out the big cities in the books he had read. Though he owns two guns, which he found in a box under the floorboards marked ‘In case of emergency’, he has only ever used them to shoot cans as a pastime.
His powers became apparent one day at around 18, when passing a mirror in the small country house, the wolf in the mirror didn’t look anything like him but it made all the same movements he did. It took him a week to figure out how to change back to a rabbit. He spent the last six months before leaving his home trying to practice with his newfound powers.

[I know it's not elemental control, but is it okay?]

as long as you dont turn into a giant rock monster and kill everyone thats fine

now mah turn!
Name: Charles (no last name on this one)
Faction: Bloodline
Species: Human
Clothing, typical officer's reinforced heavy kevlar armor, orange goggles over his eyes, with urban cameo uniform underneath., Urban Cameo Hood lined with kevlar.
Weaponry:
Patten PK470 Assault Rifle
SHO Series-3 Combat Shotgun
Personal Background: Childhood friend of John Shepard, Charles would do anything for his friends, so when John joined the military branch, so did Charles, He has an immense disdain for Furs and Turncoats alike. At the age of 21, he killed his first Fur, and felt good doing it, he is 23 now, with over 50 recorded kills when resisted, numerous others without resistance.
To add a bit of ironoy he likes 'Im a Scatman' By Scatman John, which promotes equality, which he doesnt believe in for the Furs

Also kitt this takes place in America so pretend you took a ship to the west!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 09:25:58 PM by Gabag »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 08:02:15 PM »
Also kitt this takes place in America so pretend you took a ship to the west!

im ALWAYS the immigrant in the rp's   ;)... sure will do  ^_^

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
Location Location Location, faction territories, no mans land, and towns

BloodLine Territory is a heavily guarded area of land thats unified under one central rule, their towns include
The Maw- Recently established metal mine
New Haven- Residential area and commercial hub, set near the ruins of Boston
Fort Ticonderoga- remolded to fit the Bloodline's needs, Central Military Command and primary training facility.
Prison Camps Widespread throughout the Bloodline's control zone, built to demoralize and ensure absolute control
New York City- reconstructed city, capital of the Bloodline, and one of the few purified zones, no Furs or Turncoats allowed because of this.
New Jersey- State dedicated to the training of soldiers, secondary training facility and source of the most loyal soldiers
Washington D.C.- Seat of the Bloodline's most fortified area, seat of government and the spread of the Bloodline religion.

now for the No Mans land
No mans land has buildings and cities in ruin, and members from both sides wish to reap the rewards, Colonies have been set up, but its a dangerous treasure hunt, most areas have blood thirsty mutants that attack on sight

the Fur's territory, otherwise known as the Wasteland, has been built over the ruins of the former world
California: Seat of the Fur's Democratic Union, with President Dakori presiding over the legislature
Temple of the Elements: Stationed in Utah, this temple provides training for the mystical arts, and physical training
Texas: It's harsh climate, increased by the radiation and dangerous mutants, has produced only the strongest of the strong, source of the Rangers
Little Moonshine: Residential center and commercial hub
Big Moonshine: source of the Fur's mystical energies due to a large undetonated, but dismantled nuclear bomb, Furs only, no Humans can survive the radiation.

There are various little towns scattered in both territories and in the No Mans Land
some will be loyal to the cause, others want to be left alone
like in California theres various towns now rebuilt in it etc.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 01:40:26 AM »
Gabag wants me to have two characters,

Name: Frank Keegan
Faction: Outcast
Clothing: WWII US Army combat uniform, made out of lighter, modern materials like kevlar.
Weaponry: An M1 Garand Rifle for sharpshooting, an M50 Reising Submachine gun for general-purpose combat, and an M1911 Pistol for backup.
Background: In RP

Name: Hans Wuppertal
Faction: Bloodline
Clothing: WWII German Heer combat uniform, made out of stronger, modern materials like permasteel.
Weaponry: A Gewehr 41 Rifle for sharpshooting, an MP-40 Submachine gun for general-purpose combat, and a Walther P38 Pistol for backup.
Background: In RP
2 things
1 its the future, where are you going to find WW2 weapons in working order
2. Why World War 2 Stuff, this is 2101
im sorry, but really

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 01:50:10 AM »
They're using modern equipment in the style of WWII equipment, simple as that.
so your saying they are using a bolt action rifle in the age of automatic rifles?
two who has the time to make a model of a World War 2 Gun in working order in a future where stockpiles of weapons were either stolen or destroyed, possibly sold

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 01:56:54 AM »
The M1 Garand and the Gewehr 41 are semi-automatic rifles, Gabag. If I chose bolt-action, I would go with an M1903 Springfield for Frank, and a Karabiner 98 Kurz for Hans.
let me rephrase that
you'd rather go into war with replica weaponry then modern equipment?

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 02:08:58 AM »
im not trying to yank your chain and deny whatever you want but
in an age where furs have elemental abilities, and people have heavy suits of Kevlar,
what are outdated rifles going to do to them?
they are using old weaponry, mainly due to the fact that most of the rifles they found happened to have a semi auto/auto setting on them, but your guns are considered ancient
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 02:10:54 AM by Gabag »

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 02:13:09 AM »
They're using modern equipment in the style of WWII equipment, simple as that.
whatever im not going to argue with you anymore

Camouflage it, make it fit in a post nuclear war setting, make it fit in the Bloodline's regime for Hans
your in
BUT
the two of them need gasmasks or rebreathers, or they can't leave a purified zone
Regular Humans can't survive in that radiation without dying or getting mutated
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 02:16:32 AM by Gabag »

Offline Lumi

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Lumi <-- Kazu <-- Grimsy
    • Awards
  • Species: Weird Glowing Stoat
  • Coloring: See picture above
  • Height: not too tall
  • Weight: not much
  • Build: agile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 07:28:41 PM »
Name:Xavier
Faction: turncoat
Clothing: black and white fur + a lightly armored camo suit
Powers: none
Weaponry: RAAB KM50 Sniper Rifle, Seegert ACM46 Pistol and a combat knife
Personal Background: having to betray his family and friends to escape experimentation he no longer feels any emotion. For him there is only him and his next target

gotta go for today but I'll post some stuff tomorrow if approved