The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furries at war?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Furries at war?
« on: September 30, 2009, 01:49:43 AM »
So I had yet another idea for an RP. Furries based during WW2 on European/Japanese battle fields OR modern day warefare in the middle east? Anyone can belong to either side of the fighting and at any rank (SAS, USMC, Wehrmacht, Taliban, etc.). For this RP I don't think special "abilities" will be allowed unless someone can convince me otherwise BUT under NO circumstances will I allow magic.  I know this sounds real brief and not thought out entirely but at this point I wondering if anyone's interested enough for me to bother with it. I just want to know if you guys are interested in joining or have any suggestions/comments/questions.

Offline JellyMuffins

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowshoe Hare (Bunny)
Re: Furries at war?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 01:55:54 AM »
Sounds like fun, having an RP in a realistic (and possibly modern) setting would be a nice change of pace, I would gladly participate (SAS Bunny ^_^)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 02:05:31 AM »
Ok cool, thats one for modern warefare. I think we can also do the Soviet Russia thing too. Hey, even vietnam? ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh. me personally, WWII. I'm just a fan of that battle syle. :P

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 02:12:00 AM »
Ok cool, thats one for modern warefare. I think we can also do the Soviet Russia thing too. Hey, even vietnam? ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh. me personally, WWII. I'm just a fan of that battle syle. :P
I cast my vote for WW2

Wehrmacht Sniper (they liked to train snipers, what can I say?)

Offline JellyMuffins

• Yellow Yak
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 02:15:05 AM »
You know what, I'm up for a WWII RP aswell

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 02:20:49 AM »
Though the idea is good in my eyes, I'd have to decline on joining this one.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 02:27:01 AM »
Alright maybe next time, Vosur.

So WWII it is then. I'll get on the story and what not. I'll probably be with the Wehrmacht on this one too. I'll make the character sheets. In the meantime, I'd like to know if any of you are okay with starting off at boot camp. Let me know.

Offline JellyMuffins

• Yellow Yak
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 02:28:32 AM »
...sure, I guess I could start at boot camp

<--- does this innocent face look like a war veteran to you? ^_^

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 02:29:39 AM »
...sure, I guess I could start at boot camp

<--- does this innocent face look like a war veteran to you? ^_^
actually yes

the quiet innocent ones get ya the most

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 09:45:55 AM »
Personally I would prefer WWI but then you cant have everything. I would like to see the story before I state any sort of commitment.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
WW2? YAY!!!  ^_^

awesome, havnt seen this kinda setting for a rp before... count me in!

((slovakian tank commander here  :3 ))

but yes, we need to get a story in line here... we could actually modify real life history from world war 2 with some tweaks n stuff to make more playable?

also, what nationalities would you be able to play as?

((random questions ))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 03:32:28 PM by Kitt »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline JellyMuffins

• Yellow Yak
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 03:36:20 PM »
Also, we have to keep in mind that with a WORLD WAR and lots of countries fighting with individual but massive armies, character interaction between players actually seems quite unlikely. We need a story that will throw the characters into the same situation, whether thay are on the same side or against each other. But somehow, in this war on a global scale, the characters need to meet. It is a puzzling conundrum.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 03:40:07 PM »
I dont think we need to alter history at all... we can add some things to accomodate people from different armies coming across eachother in a non-aggressive fashion but we dont need to change what's already there. You know what, I would love to be Goebbels. The guy was a nutjob, but he could make some brilliant films. Plus, an insane crippled evil dude is fun.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
we dont need to change much... however, we need people to be able to meet unhostily, as Asia said, and we also need to encompass the vastness of the war.... maybe if we use a world/europe map? could help?
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »
it would have to be a world map, because the majority of French and British soldiers were not european, and many many battles were fought outside of europe.