The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furries at war?  (Read 3090 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Furries at war?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 05:03:42 PM »
actually... an idea im just gonna throw out here i just thought of... two sides on this ww2 style rp? the allies and the axis.... that would mean mixed bootcamps? and so we could have people from different nations, but in the same allied bootcamp for instance? so basicaclly ww2, but with a slight twist so that we can have some more sociable parts during the rp? i dunno, just an idea that came to me...  ^_^
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 10:13:35 PM »
So far (for the plot) I have Nazi Germany having taken control of Europe. It's 1944 and all historical aspects of that time have and are taking place. The story is, Nazi Germany has taken control of Soviet Russia and is now planning to enter North America. A group of the Wehrmacht along with some others from another army (whether they be french, British, American) have plans for an assasination attempt on Hitler, not wanting Nazi Germany to take over the entire world based off of what Hitler had been doing with jews, gays, gypsies, POWs,  etc. what do you guys think?

The Axis powers (in accordance with the plot) include: Italy, Germany, Hugary, Bulgaria, Japan, Vietnam, Slovakia, Serbia, France, Soviet Russia and Spain.

The Allies (in accordance with plot) include: America, Canada, UK, Austrailia, New Zealand, Poland, and China.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:22:17 PM by Spike Vicious »

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 10:34:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Nazi's didnt conquer Russia. They were beaten back in one of the most epic and brutal counterattacks I've ever heard of.

And as for the story, We're basically gonna do one of the hitler assassination attempts?
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 10:35:54 PM »
I'm aware of that. I've changed history so there's a real plot and so we can fit everyone together.

And yes, we will try to kill Hitler...and succeed.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 10:58:40 PM »
I'm aware of that. I've changed history so there's a real plot and so we can fit everyone together.

will there be players opposing the assassination attempts due to being in an army of an opposing nation?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:01:03 PM by Gabag »

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 11:04:53 PM »

Ah, well that sucks. Having it so that we/you are most assuredly going to kill Adolf Hitler makes it one sided for the Allies.

Offline JellyMuffins

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowshoe Hare (Bunny)
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 01:44:07 AM »
I think it would be hard to incorporate a Hitler asssassination attempt into the story if you also want a character or two to start in boot camp. Personally, in this alternate timeline, it would make sense if after the whole boot-camp phase and training and getting ready, etc. the Nazis make their first push into the US - thus it would make some sense that all the characters ended up in the same skirmish.
Hence it would be possible to get the whole WWII feel and it wouldn't be one-sided for the Allies (of course, the atom bombs would still be in production and the Nazis would be in a hurry to take down the US before they can finish producing their first nuclear weapons.)
Thus, despite their new resources from conquering the Soviet Union, they won't be able to bring their full force to bear as the command would be rushing the campaign.

That looks even enough to me, anyone else want to add to that?

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 01:53:29 AM »
Not necessarily. Once the soviets are crushed, they wouldnt rush to america. They would focus on Britain first and foremost because they are still a massive problem for the Nazis. Only afterwards do they get over the atlantic. That'll probably be around the time that the US is counterattacking Japan, so both sides are rather stretched.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline JellyMuffins

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowshoe Hare (Bunny)
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 01:58:27 AM »
Then the joint battleground could be Britain. With Germany still trying to clean up resistance in the Soviet Union (of which there would be A LOT), they wouldn't be able to focus their forces on Britain, but neither would the allies because of the concurrent fight with Japan. Hence we get relatively even fights.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 02:24:03 AM »
Ok...so we're not killing hitler or maybe we will, I don't know. It's up to you guys in the RP. If the assasination attempt(s) fail, then the Germans will make their way into the states leaving an even bigger plot possibly. If you guys succeed, then order is restored...hmm.

Ah, well that sucks. Having it so that we/you are most assuredly going to kill Adolf Hitler makes it one sided for the Allies.

I didn't mean it like that. I only said that because that's what my character plans on doing. If you want to change that up a bit then by all means go ahead. It's anybody's battle even I don't know what will happen. I only laid out a goal for my character (and anyone else who cares to join me on this conquest). You can try to stop me if you'd like, whatever. It's not my story, it's yours too. You play in it, you have a say.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:05:56 AM by Spike Vicious »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 03:16:18 PM »
cool stuff, and its seems pretty accurate (while keeping it more open for rping)

sooo, i guess we need ta start on character sheets.... great stuff guys, and great idea Spike  ^_^
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 01:39:09 AM »
FURS AT WAR IS UP AND RUNNING!