The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Commission (OOC: Discussion and Characters - OPEN)  (Read 13443 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
The Commission (OOC: Discussion and Characters - OPEN)
« on: August 11, 2009, 04:19:37 AM »
 It is the year of 1946 and New York City's crime rates have been the highest in decades. The as the years go by, the city is overrun by the Five Organized crime Families; Bianchi, Lambardi, Marino, Romano, and Moretti. The Five Families each have their own connections in order to remain "untouchable" by the authorities and for this purpose have allied together to form the strong bond held called The Commission. Each one of the families has their own system of heirachy which is in order of the associates, soldiers, captain, consigliere, the underboss, and the don (KING). But there has been talk of which family is ultimately superior and is entitled to run the city. The Commission is beginning to crumble. Vendettas, arsons, murders, drug trafficking and extortion has caused massive friction between the families as they battle eacther in the struggle for control over the entire city. As New York's finest has run clean out of leads and are facing the struggle to take down the familes for good, furs and humans alike work on both sides. Police have sent in spies, wire taps, and are still searching for loop holes around the legal system to finally make an arrest on the Dons of New York City. As the good citizens of New York scramble for fear that the city is no longer safe, most choose to stay and struggle with the pressure of the crime syndicates. It is up to you to help decide what happens in this epic struggle for control over the city.

The Families:

Bianchi - The Bianchi family is very large in the contruction business as well as drug trafficking, racketeering, and contract killings. They control Greenwhich Village located in the lower half of Manhattan. They are in violation of contruction codes, by-laws, and restrictions.

Lombardi - Own and control the disposal of waste in New York. They run Brooklyn and like the other families, extort store owners for protection money, conrol rackets, illegal gambling rings, contract killings, drug trafficking.

Marino - Own Little Italy and have numerous members inside law enforcement and also carry out the extortion of store owners for protection money, conrol rackets, illegal gambling rings, contract killings, drug trafficking.

Romano - Control New Jersey and have ties in the business of money laundering. They work the harbours and are associated with pier thefts, human cargo, and illegal importing.

Moretti - Are in control of the Bronx. They are in the business foucusing on sweatshops and labour rackets. They too, carry out murder for hire, counterfeiting, assault, drug trafficking, etc.

RULES: Read these if you want to participate.

1. No godmodding. Period. Sometimes your characters are faced with disadvantages. Deal with it.

2. No magic. No exceptions.

3. ALL OOC CHAT SHOULD BE IN THIS THREAD AND THIS THREAD ONLY

4. Please write in past tense like a story to continue the flow of the story. No *actions* please.

5. Stick to the plot. Don't stray. If you've got a back story with your character, incorporate it with the plot. Don't make it more important than that.

6. All types of characters are encouraged. You can be a human in here!

7. This is a serious roleplay. There will be no leaving anyone behind, and you need to be reasonable with your posts. If you pass out, chances are you're not going to post actually being conscience for a bit. You know how to use your common sense so do it.

8. Any breaking of the rules will result in you respectfully leaving the roleplay with an exit post. After you've read all this put an * next to your character's name so that I know you've read the rules.

9. NO ONE LINERS. Put thought into your posts.

10. Have fun, and remember all forum rules still apply here.

Post your character sheet and wait for my approval. DO NOT POST UNTIL I HAVE APPROVED YOUR PROFILE.
Feel free to add any other information about your character that you'd like or think we may need to understand them better so add a bio if you'd like. I only require that you have those five fields for your profile. ALSO: You may be ANYONE (police, mafia, store owner, house wife, etc.) AS LONG AS you contribute equal imortance to the story as any other character. This means no BS, keep flow with the storyline.

NOTE: If you are police or part of a crime family, please be sure to post your rank of authority. Yes, you may be a don or head of investigation, go crazy but don't do anything rediculous.

Name:
Appearance:

Alright, here's mine:

Name: Spike Gambino
Species: Fox
Appearance: Usually seen wearing a black pinstripe suit with a matching fedora. He wears black leather gloves when not at home in the Brooklyn Compund.

Bio: He is one of the oldest friends and associate to the Lombardi don. Since he was a young child, Spike was looked after by the powerful crime family after his father murdered his mother over an arguement during a divorce. He's supervises most operations for the Lombardi don and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He's good with a knife and loyal to his friends as he respects those who respect him.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:42:44 AM by Spike »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The Commission (OOC: Discussion and Characters)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »
this looks like it'l be pretty awesome....

Name: Kistrev Szabo   *
Species: Cat
Status: Dockside Trafficker... smuggles in drugs, especially nip as felines in the city will pay extortionate prices
Appearance: most often seen on the dockside wearing a bandanna or flatcap, unbuttoned jacket of a thick canvas material which is more protective than it looks and three quarter length jeans...

Bio: Kistrev is an illegal immigrant, this means he jumped aboard the ship, Marian Queen and hid down between two cargo crates to jump back out at New York city several weeks later... a young unprotected feline he was taken by a group from the Romano family, he grew up learning the trade of trafficking on the docks, and now that hes turned 18 Ditch and Jake have decided he can be put to work on some minor buisiness... For the crime he is involved in as well as his life story he is a very cheerfull character and a sleeze at cards, having gained a reputation for being the most tricksome out of all the dockside Romano's when playing any kind of card or betting games... He was taken in by Ditch and Jake, a Wolf and human, who treated him as a younger Romano brother and decided he could help them Dockside..

((sorry for the long bio and everything... if any of that is not to your liking just say and i'l change it  ^_^ ))
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 03:07:40 PM »
Good stuff, Cat. Go ahead and post.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »
do you mind if i use this as a basis for a story... i have terrible writers block and this kinda thing helps  ^_^

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »
nope, go ahead.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:27:00 AM by Spike_Vicious »

Offline Scautty

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Echelon - This Is War
    • YouTube (TheNepEcChannel)
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Red and black, white
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 250lbs.
  • Build: Towering, average build
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:02:58 AM »
Name: Escaut Gersemen
Species: Wolf
Appearance: Changes when in character, but normal apparell consists of dark shirts and pants with light black tennis jacket. See avi for features.

Bio: Wife and children died under a minor gang membership, so as revenge takes out planners of similar crimes or crimes affecting his status on his own or through other minor gangs or groups. Known to be hardcore drinker, and high IQ. Cons include his soft side for children or women, and sometimes runs slow.

Sorry for jumping the gun.  :$
This shall pass... Megalomania... Congratulations on mutilation for life.

UPDATE: Almost done with the mask!! Furred it all but the eye area, just gotta get to that and details like the nose and teeth. Now writing for new album!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 05:04:44 AM »
No problem, happened to me too. :)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 11:08:01 AM »
hey spike, in the rp what day of the week is it?

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 02:45:07 PM »
good question. I'll say it's a Tuesday. Sound good?

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 03:33:34 PM »
yeah, sounds good.... hmmm... how about at the top of each post you write~~~

the day, eg tuesday:

and then your post so that people know when it is?  ^_^

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 05:02:54 AM »
Yeah I could do that. I'll post it at the top if the day changes.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 04:15:42 AM »
Just a heads up: I'll be leaving for a week and will not be returning until next monday...so...see you guys monday. XD

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 06:42:17 AM »
well im gonna be gone over this weekend.... see ya cliff hiking! XD

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »
hey spike!.... for my english gcse im using the basics of this rp for part of my coursework... i mean just the names of the gangs... and the generall idea... i think it is most likely different characters cos its only a short part of a novel... that ok with you?  :?

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 04:45:38 PM »
I have no problem with that at all Kitt. In fact, it's based off a real life crime syndicate called the Five Families. You can find out more about it if you like.