The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hope Dies Slowly OOC and Character board  (Read 9216 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Hope Dies Slowly OOC and Character board
« on: July 14, 2009, 07:16:23 AM »
Hope Dies Slowly OOC:

ok, the format for this rp, is that your trying to survive on a harsh and unforgiving world, relying on each other, your instincts, and luck.

Stress wil ultimately play a factor with the survivors, which may end up in betrayal, so be ready for anything.
here are the rules:
1. no special abilities or powers, this is possibly a real life situation, and we all know you cant shoot lightning
2.Personality plays a big part in keeping people sane
3. you CAN get hurt from something besides the monsters, break a leg, create a little drama
4. what you can scavenge from the vessel, is what little technology you can get, although crashed vessels provide the precious metal
5. you need food, water to survive, and you cant rely solely on the vessel's meager emergency supplies, if you do, you die
6. there is no allying with an alien species, to them, your food, nothing more... nothing less...
7. Dont travel alone, especially at night..
8. you have limited ammo, so dont waste it shooting rocks

now for characters

Name:
Personality:
Profession: (can come in handy!)
Starting Equipment- essentially what you can scavenge
Species:

Offline Vixin Grimstone

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • love is not a loss unless your forget it
    • Awards
  • Species: vampiric white wolf
  • Coloring: Black and green and purple and white
  • Height: 5 5
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: slim but powerful
Re: Hope Dies Slowly OOC and Character board
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 07:47:05 AM »
Name: Punk
Personality: strong minded,street smart,and agressive.
Profession:PHD, prainormal in festigater and black belt
Starting Equipment- Satanic dagger, desert eagle, and rope
Blood Type:slim but is built
Species:wolf/vamp

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:50:37 AM »
Name: Rowan
Personality: Strong, independent, leader, kind, warm, can be aggressive
Profession: (can come in handy!) retired Chemist, develops weapons for military(like tony stark)
Starting Equipment- essentially what you can scavenge: Laptop, 2 desert eagles and a dagger
Blood Type: (you need to be specific with this... do you mean Body type?) Slim, Fit, agile.
Species: Wolf
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »
First off, nice choice on the luxury cruise vessel. Less chance of double deagle weilding, karate kicking, super scientists... oh wait. (Come on people, have some imagination)

Name: Asia "Bunny" Kali
Personality: Sensible but sheltered, naive to the troubles ahead. Intelligent and tactical, he likes his war-games though has no knowledge of its reality. Though generally fit, he's not gonna be taking down vogs with his bare hands any time soon; however, he is rather fast due to him being a rabbit and all.
Profession: Aristocrat, writer of memoirs and novellas
Starting Equipment: Broom handle, kitchen knife, Parker Pen, stack of sticky notes, notebook, collection of miniature organic carrots
Blood Type: ABCD.... or if you meant body type, slim but toned, a bit wiry
Species: RRRRRABBIT
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 02:46:36 PM »
 >:( (You seem to criticize a lot... And the reason I chose my career's the way I did, is because they both fascinate me. Someone has to develop new weapons in the world, and chemist's are very helpful to society.)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
Sorry, I know i do criticise way too much. It's one of my many not so delightful flaws. I just think there are way too many serious rp's that are full of people making themselves into these superbeings. I mean, so far we have tony stark and a high-kicking paranormal PhD. There's nothing normal about that and it seems to me that this rp is about clinging to survival, not cobbling together a megaweapon, macguyver style, from bits of the ship. That said, this is just my opinion about storytelling and i really dont want to offend people. I know i do offend people but I'd rather point things out than let them slide.

I dont wanna step on your fun, but i am a bit of a stickler about characters
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:57:17 PM by AsiaBunny »
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 03:51:04 PM »
Name: Kistrev Szabo
Personality: Stubborn, shy... has limited english...
Profession: Immigrant, was hiding out on the luxury cruise vessel secretly.... Is very skillfull with surviving in the wilds, no other proffession..
Starting Equipment: A large knife.... food and water in small supply for while he was hiding on the vessel... dark blue tattered three quarter length jeans....
Blood Type: Short, stocky... well bult from a harsh lifetime...
Species:Cat with some fox relations.... (look at my avatar)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:08:01 PM by Kitteh (known as cat) »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »
Name: jenna "ghost" wilson
Personality: stoic, stand offish, dosen't like following order's from people she dosen't respect. can take care of herself. has a low tolerance for silly friviolous people.
Profession: fire fighter, but on her off days she is an avid hiker and camper, knows how to survive in the wilderness.
Starting Equipment: pocket knife, multi tool (regular husky variety) matches and a strike box with back up lighter. (yes, this is realistic, i always carry some matches when i leave my home town) a gray old hoodie. bandanna/neckerchief (two of those)
Blood Type: o negative.
Species: kodiak bear.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:26:42 PM by PhantomStone »

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 06:33:49 PM »
you know
Asiabunny DOES have a point
I mean your on a luxury cruise ship why would you have high powered pistols, the most you would have for guns is a semi low caliber survival rifle at the most
the point of this rp is to drag out the creative essence in people, i understand how a dagger could be some antique passed down in the family or something, but come on they'd never let you on the ship with Deagles.. too dangerous if you decided to go Pirate on everyone

I know desert eagles are fun, but please get rid of them.... a laptop could be your own personal journal.. nothing more, nothing less (im rather fond of that saying)
if you make something out in the wilds, it's not going to be 100 percent perfect, and the prescious metal part is like to make spear points or arrow heads
also we can't have a master in black belts... I mean if there's something that can tear your face off being able to kick doesnt seem too useful..

You can keep the PhD (after all your on the cruise and your either a stow away, a rich person, or someone with a promising future) but making guns wont help, after all twigs and rocks do not equal assault rifles, but Phantom, go into a little more of what this multi tool is for me..

This has been a message brought to you by the gm, who will only be narrating, not actually in the rp..
(like what animals you find and stuffs....)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »
is my character ok then? the knife would be herited from family.... i tried to do what you said and went  for the opposite of a superhuman, so far opposite in fact that im an illegal immgrant/stowaway...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 06:52:33 PM »
is my character ok then? the knife would be herited from family.... i tried to do what you said and went  for the opposite of a superhuman, so far opposite in fact that im an illegal immgrant/stowaway...
yea your fine...

Offline Aqua Wolf

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Lebeskian Wolf
  • Coloring: blue and white
  • Weight: 170
  • Build: slightly athletic
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 07:06:07 PM »
Name: Evendrae Retaw
Personality: strong willed, shy, and helpful
Profession: (can come in handy!) apprentice blacksmith(makes hand made swords)
Starting Equipment- essentially what you can scavenge: few of his blacksmith tools(just the hammer, and prongs(to hold metal)), leather apron, black t-shirt, and blue jeans, survival knife
Blood Type: B

I hope this is ok
"Just remember your unique just like everyone else.............. wait?...what?..."

this is a quote my friend(HealyHQ as he is known on deviant art) uses all the time.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 07:06:43 PM »
'tis fine

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 08:56:58 PM »
fine... i'll fix it.

Name: Rowan
Personality: Strong, independent, leader, kind, warm, aggressive
Profession: (can come in handy!) Army soldier
Starting Equipment- essentially what you can scavenge: Laptop, desert eagle, crowbar.
Blood Type: O+, or Slim, Fit, agile.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 11:25:14 PM »
This rp will begin, people begin posting! (dont go too far without me though or anyone else)