The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I've started a comic  (Read 9325 times)

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
Re: I've started a comic
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2009, 03:33:59 PM »
First two will be explained in the story. The next chapter youll see why the crazy katana girl appeared, but the powers gaining you might have to hold off from knowing for a bit!

Sapphire made her outfit herself, because she oves dressing up (she got the fish net under-dress from a lolita/goth shop and I think Amethyst got hers off ebay; she typed in 'stupid nightclub outfits' (she has no tolerance for Sapphire's requirements!).

Is that okay? :3

Also in this chapter i'm doing, Ao's and Josaline's work and reasons for being there will be told too :3
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2009, 09:04:09 PM »
It's not stuff like that that's confusing. It's things like, what company is this? what do they do? what is their interest in terrorist actions? I dont know their relation to any governmental organisation. why were they tracking a strip club owner? why does such a high ranking member as Amethyst not know about such massive details about the case she's on? Why are they dressed like that when they just walk up to the owner who instantly knows that they're from that organisation? I thought they were supposed to be undercover.
I dont know why some strip club owner has the money or influence to be anywhere near capable to fund a nuclear terrorist threat. If she actually isnt the funding party and it's all a trick, what makes the real culprit think that some random strip club owner would be a sensible choice to pin this on?

What is the history of Ao or Josaline, what's ao's rank? what has josaline been doing before joining this non-descript company? If Ao knew working there was so dangerous, why is Josaline going too? What's her job, are all the employees agents? how is this organisation set up? what's the heirarchy?

There just doesnt seem to be a structure behind the words.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2009, 10:05:32 PM »
Admittedly at the moment I can't help but take that with a sting, it makes me feel like i'm doing nothing right.

In this chapter, and others; the company will be explained, allow me some time (but hey, I shouldn't be saying this right?)

If you noticed on the first chapter, he has his rank band on (they tend to be lazy with their rank bands, and only really wear them if they're going into the building to show their status to the receptionist and to log them in, or if they're aware a rank III or over is coming to visit.
   The ranks go like this:
Rank I 3rd, Rank I 2nd, Rank I *
Rank II 2nd, Rank II*
Rank III 2nd, Rank III*
Rank IV
...maybe others.
   Ao is a Rank I 2nd and Josaline is a Rank I 3rd; they're not considered agents as such until they're 2nd rank, but I cant say more than that unless you'd prefer me to tell you the entire story before i've drawn it.

Same goes with the whole night club thing, the majority of it will be explained in the next chapter, the undercover was to not gain any suspicion from the crowd in the nightclub, or the dancers (the organisation is not well known for its terrorist policing, or anything of that calibre.)
   Viper knows them on viewing because she's been visited by the corp's rank III officers, and as she practically owns over half the city in one way or another, she's bound to have heard rumours of the IV ranks. I'll explain this in more detail in the story also; but like I said I can't go on about it or I might as well give up the whole plot.

Thanks for pointing it out anyway Asia,

I've decided to take a break for a week or two, and reconsider if I have the time or passion to do this anymore.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »
sorry for pointing out these things, since all i was saying was all negative. I do think you have the right head for writing and the mistakes you make are mistakes I've seen a million times before and that I've done plenty of times. Even professionals do these types of things (look at plenty of CSI episodes, or particularly Merlin.) I think you just need to make things more concrete in your own head. You've got all these big ideas, but everything around it is very loose. Think about what these people do in their spare time, think about all the different employees this company would employ, including the cleaners, think about whether these people like cheese. You focus so much on dynamic personalities and high drama, that everything else kinda blurs out in the background. I just think things need to be more solid.

Plus, this is just my opinion, Tweak obviously doesnt see these problems, and as is with almost all stories, 80% of people will find a problem with it. If everyone stopped writing because one random person saw some problems then there would never be any stories written. It's hard to deal with that much criticism but that's just the way it is. You gotta trust that you're imagination is good enough. Personally I've always enjoyed the ideas you've had.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »
Urgh.

Who wants to know the answer to everything right at the start? These questions and the fact we don't know as much makes me want to read it so much more. I have limited time and won't read anything regularly unless I find it entertaining and it catches hold of me, Troubled Eyes has done this, not much does.

The questions which arise from it makes it so you have to continue reading, the story is perfectly concrete in her mind, I've discussed it with her and everything that is happening through the comic, every single question Xleena has planned out to make it that way, this isn't a flimsy amateur story.

The issue with all the criticism is the constant bombarding with it, yes, nobody is perfect and a hole can be picked in anything but you needn't state every issue you have with it, it's not a professional release, it's done for fun. People just need to think when they criticise, sometimes it isn't want to be heard constantly, belittling every little issue is undermining and for those of us who get very little recognition for our hard work find it very difficult to find the point.

Personally, Xleena, if you stop working on it, I will have no choice but to come visit you and poke you until you carry on. Keep it up, even with problems, over time they will clear up anyway.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2009, 05:46:38 PM »
The issue with all the criticism is the constant bombarding with it, yes, nobody is perfect and a hole can be picked in anything but you needn't state every issue you have with it, it's not a professional release, it's done for fun. People just need to think when they criticise, sometimes it isn't want to be heard constantly, belittling every little issue is undermining and for those of us who get very little recognition for our hard work find it very difficult to find the point.

^ This.

There will always be room for improvement in anything anyone does, and it's not bad to give suggestions now and then about how to improve, but give her a break.

Don't give up on your story, Xleena. I still look forward to seeing the new pages.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN....!

Guess whos back!

UPDATE!!!
What Josaline and Ao do is a bit more explained in this chapter I do believe! (Well I was gonna do that anyways, but I thought of a few more ideas whilst on my break!)

Us artists always need a refresh ey? xxx

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2010, 08:20:02 PM »
Yay, I do enjoy your comic

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2010, 09:18:38 PM »
The update mentioned above has now been uploaded, unfortunately Xleena has not been able to get it to me before now. Enjoy!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2010, 11:58:36 PM »
Moar updates!

*pokes Xleena*

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2010, 07:38:34 PM »
Nyaaah! I'll try; the past months been a bit hectic for me! :D xxx