The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Blood Ties OOC and Characters  (Read 10757 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Blood Ties OOC and Characters
« on: April 16, 2009, 05:16:36 AM »
Ok First things first, the rules
1. Don't go too far in the rp, wait for the others to catch up to where you are at in the rp
2. no posting characters on the main forum unless I ok them (don't worry I'm usually on every day)
3. No god Modding (no being able to shoot fireballs that are the size of Canada in the beginning, or at all)
4. Have fun.
5. Have good Grammar Bad = "Lol look at t3h nub fur l3t's go kill him lawlzorz." it has to be understandable to the common reader.

This is how your character should be structured, and this board will also go into faction detail.
Name:
Clothing: (must include armor/fur)
Powers: (Furs only, elemental powers only, so no random teleportation)
Weaponry (Details further down into the board)
Personal Background: (like a bio just with a fancy name)

Now for the Factions

Bloodline: Technologically advanced, the Bloodline are probably the most feared of the Factions. Hailing from the Eastern half of the U.S. they came from seemingly nowhere. Completely made up of 'Pure Bloods' they treat 'Furs' as animals, seeing that their belief that the 'Furs' will be no more then animals. All their people are equipped in gas masks or Hazard suits (you need to include that in character sheet) so as to avoid mutation. They use traditional firearms and traditional knives.  (if your using a gun, say like the FAMAS or the .50 Desert Eagle or something.) Reference pic to show what i'm talking about

Furs: the most widespread of the factions. The furs are just your normal person trying to scrape by, and are the average mutant. Their weaponry consists of items scavenged from the dead, or created from the random junk lying around. Due to their mutated nature, they do not need to wear any sort of radiation protection, allowing for better mobility then the Bloodline. Recently discovered within the furry gene is the ability to control a specific element.

Turncoats: The Furs who have betrayed their friends, families, acquaintances etc. to the Bloodline so they can avoid being experimented on. The Turncoats are granted citizenship within Bloodline controlled settlements and they serve as the front line scouts. Without the re breathers necessary for the other troops of the Bloodline, they are more agile, and capable of hit and run attacks. They can be armed like a normal Fur, or a Bloodline soldier. (the powers of Turncoats are dampened due to their traitorous nature to the other furs, they have little to no understanding of their powers. Reference pic for the Turncoats. http://gordonfreeguy.deviantart.com/art/The-Grunts-70884455 (ones with Red Berets are considered officers)

Outcasts: Humans who refused to leave their mutated brethren. They adopted the fighting style of the Furs, which are mostly hit and run based attacks, but they needing re breathers, are more suited to ambush tactics and assault. They primarily use armor scavenged or created. They view the Bloodline as monsters, and they refuse to even associate one bit with them. They don't wear gas masks, but their re breathers has the symbol for the Greek Letter 'Alpha' on their clothing.

And there you have it

Post Merge: April 16, 2009, 05:42:17 AM
Settlements i almost forgot

Bloodline/ Turncoat towns
New Hope town: central residential center and trading hub
Facility # 0100: primary recruitment and training facility
The Maw: Recently established mining colony under siege by nearby Feral infestations.
Washington D.C.: Bloodline H.Q.
Experimentation camps #'s 1-10: the experimentation camps where furs are prisoners and subject to experimentation

Fur/Outcast towns
New Gunevia: Central residential center and trading hub
Temples of Elements: Elemental training facility and central recruiting area.
Hell's Corridor: Only accessible to 'Furs'  Humans, Bloodline or not are shot on sight.
The land of the Damned (Rhyme!): City of inhabitants who have given up all hope, have a special fuel which they will not trade which keeps the Ferals 'tame' (no you can't have a mount, it just keeps the Ferals from eating people's faces)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 05:42:17 AM by Gabag »

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
Re: Blood Ties OOC and Characters
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »
Name: Arke Bowman
Faction: Turncoat, Overwatch (Golden Retriever)
Clothing: Golden fur, 'Raven' tactical vest, Urban camo BDU shirt and cargo pants, crimson beret, fingerless gloves, Turncoat collar
Powers: Very weak fire
Weapons: AUG A3 marksman rifle, Colt .45 handgun
Personal Background: Arke was a fairly successful trader before the Bloodlines captured him. Joining them seemed the only sane option, and he quickly rose to the rank of second lieutenant. His squad was almost entirely pureblood, and while they followed their lieutenants orders they resented being ranked below a mutant.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:40:56 PM by Arke the Light »

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 04:46:39 PM »
Ok Arke i say your in

on  an unrelated note going to sleep sucks (and sleeping late)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 03:33:42 AM by Gabag »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
Name: Drax Nikobi
Faction: Fur, Former Bloodline
Clothing: Onyx fur with red underbelly, Tattered urban camo baggy cargo pants, Dog tag of his former self.
Powers: Earth manipulation (metals not included, nor gems)
Weapons: 10'' combat knife
Personal Background: During his first assignment, before turncoats appeared, was scouting out nearby villages, as he got closer to the first village, a nearby branch of torn metal yanked the safety pin of his flashbang, which was on the back of his belt...the furs that saw the flash almost became feral as they knocked him down and tore his armor, mask, and other equipment off. But they regained their senses before he died, so they carried him off into their village, but keeping his guns and knife hidden from him...(more to explain in rp)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:25:41 AM by Chrono-Dragon »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 05:07:44 PM »
So reforming bloodline eh? sounds fun, your in, and about the metal part, i say..... no because then it would be like you can stop bullets in midair like Neo.

Almost forgot to mention again
Only 3 Officers for the Bloodline/Turncoat people
And 3 Pack leaders (if your one you need to wear a certain arm band blue in color) for Furs/ Outcasts
Also if your a fur/turncoat you need to specify what type of animal you resemble

Post Merge: April 16, 2009, 05:46:02 PM
Name: John Shepard
Faction: Bloodline, Overwatch
Clothing: Experimental Type 1 PCV (powered combat vest) full body urban camo, fingerless gloves, Non-Standard Type III Metal Stahlhelm, MF12 Type Gas Mask, badge that says "Overwatch"
Weapons: XM-8 Assault rifle, PX-4 Storm sidearm, Bowie Knife close combat weapon. Special occasions will be issued with tear gas grenades, and frag grenades.
Personal Background: one of the grand children of the original 'Pure Bloods' to go on the Exodus. John strictly follows the Bloodline's policies and code to the letter. Loyal to the cause till death, he signed up for the military at age 17. After graduating the military academy at Facility # 100, he was assigned to the Overwatch (the guard detail) of Experimentation Camp # 1.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:20:06 AM by Gabag »

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 09:46:46 PM »
(Seems to me your character resembles a certain other Shepherd in terms of his equipment, Gabag. Would his grandfather be one Adrian Shepherd, by any chance?)

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 09:49:30 PM »
(maybe..... I ran out of naming ideas that weren't totally ridiculous, and i couldn't go with Carmine cause i always use Carmine, if it'll be an issue i'll change the name)

Post Merge: April 16, 2009, 09:52:15 PM
(i kinda wanted to base the Bloodline off the HECU because it's such a good template for gas masked soldiers)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:52:15 PM by Gabag »

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 09:54:39 PM »
(No issue, just thought I'd kick off the OOC-ing. Adrian and I went through alot together in Black Mesa (lol), and I just wanted to know if it was intentional. Or if you watch Stargate: Atlantis, 'cause there's a John Shephard in that too.)

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 09:56:20 PM »
(Good times in Black Mesa,  i want to get the original half life and the expansion again from the VALVe store just to kick some ass. The HECU will forever belong in my circle of favorite enemies.)

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 10:01:41 PM »
(Or Allies, as in Opposing Force. If you have your old CD keys, you can use them to get the Steam versions free. And yeah, the HECU deserve their #3 place with the Combine and the Enclave. I put the Covenant at a close #4. On a more RP directed note, when are you planning on officially kicking this off? Just waiting for a few more good guys?)

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 10:03:09 PM »
( just waiting for good guys, and i never really got to play Half life and Opposing Force, only Blue Shift, but i did hear some good acclaim for both of them)

Post Merge: April 16, 2009, 10:04:22 PM
(although if you want we could begin a little introduction)

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 10:07:33 PM »
(Just curiosity. And I definitely recommend Half-Life and Opposing Force, they're both [in my opinion] even better than Blue-Shift)

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 10:09:33 PM »
( I'll just probably buy the half life one complete pack for 15.00$, pretty cheap for 3 games)

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 10:41:24 PM »
Name: Nairobi Grace
Faction: Fur (Egyptian lynx)
Clothing: gray-black spotted fur, blue band with Overwatch scribbled in neat cursive around bicep, green dress, bare-footed.
Powers: fire
Weaponry: Longsword
Personal Background: n/a (for now)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:45:36 PM by King of the Shattered »
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »
Well the Overwatch is really only Turncoats and Bloodlines, but you can be 'undercover'