The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Petrified of going to work  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
Petrified of going to work
« on: April 07, 2009, 04:37:54 AM »
Well. here's the story as it goes..

My boss..he decided to bring in Airsoft guns to work...we thought it'd be fun....turns out. it wasn't. everyday that he's come into work..he's fired on us with them..and they're not the cheap plastic ones neither..they break the skin and hurt like heck...

and he leaves them at work everyday sitting on a table in the shop...

what can I/We do? It's more then jsut me at work complaining about it...my one co-worker siad "I don't need t otake this kind of abuse. if he keeps up any longer i'm gone"

so we're both kind of petrified on getting shot repeatedly every time we go to work...and there's nothing we can do about it...once he's empty he just reloads it

...we need help..or advice on how to solve this...and we tell him to stop but he doesn't..he doesn't listen to anybody..even the secretary is afraid of being shot

I've got small welts all over my body because of it especially on my hands..and my one hand hurts slightly just to type with it

i dunno what my boss's problem is...he "enjoys" torturing  us..<_<

so please. some help?

Online WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Petrified of going to work
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 04:39:44 AM »
Does he have a boss you could talk to?

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 04:42:52 AM »
Nope...he's the top guy...as well as owner of the company..no one else

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »
hm... You said he leaves them on a table when he leaves work? Take them away and lock them up, then sit down with him and explain what's going on. Have some of the employees show him the marks he's leaving and if he refuses to see the light, distribute the guns among the employees and catch him off guard. He doesn't want to play nice, fine. Rough house with him and see how he likes it.

I can almost guarantee he'll quit or at least be less go-go on the issue.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 02:19:49 PM »
Maybe you should report him to the proper authorities?

No, wait, calling the Police would be irresponsible.

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 02:28:46 AM »
Well he took them back to his house now...and we worked there for the day as well...

he unloaded 500+ paintballs one one co-worker today. shot me with one in the chest and one point blank in the hand on another co-worker...he was still hurting after work finished..ended up working till 7pm tonight..and we're back to work at he shop tommorow...

we did manage to hide the ammo in the shop somewhere...

AND to make matters worse...he's been planning on shooting us with RIOT balls...for paintball guns..(normally used for riot/crowd control...used in SWAT and special police forces..they're paintball size hard plastic balls...about 1/2 inch dia (14mm roughly)..and  they're known to break bone...so he's got ALL the guns at his house..and we never know when he comes to the shop...so we're pretty much defenseless...we TRY to come prepared for it...like wearing extra clothing and heavy stuff...but it doesn't help much...only safe haven really is co-workers car....that or the office...but he's even shot in there..so we don't know

..and we don't wanna get the cops involved in this....we'd all be out of a job for sure because all our parents would force us to quit...but there's no jobs out there...that's the only reason we're all staying...we don't have anyplace to go for a job

Offline Umber

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Sciurus niger aka Fox Squirrel
  • Coloring: cream belly, grey overall, dark chocolate/black markings
  • Height: 5'4&quot;
  • Weight: 140lbs/changes
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 02:36:50 AM »
What is the company that you work for, like what do you make or do that allows him to do such things.

Take pictures of all your wounds, bruises, etc and make a scrap book or post them in his office to show the abuse you are taking.

It sounds like something happened in his life to cause him to "snap" and his only outlet is the workers. You could sue him technically for abuse, each of you leave a note or letter about how you are terrified of getting shot at, that it makes you feel unsafe to come to work, that you like working there but getting shot at causes the safety levels to drop severely and makes you afraid of him in the abusive way. Show what hes done, shooting back at him with may cause you to lose the job rather than keep it.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 02:41:57 AM »
I understand that you don't want to lose your job, especially since work is so hard to find anywhere these days, but you need to tell the authorities.
It's a dangerous work environment and he's injuring all of his employees, which is against the law.
None of you should have to put up with that kind of crud and that sadastic son of a female dog (to word it properly for those who are younger).
TELL SOMEONE because if you fought back (in a literal way, not with words) he'd probably just fire you or get the cops involved saying that his employees are abusing him.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 03:12:38 AM »
Honestly, I can understand your situation, been in a situation like that myself.  Perhaps not in such a manner as of yours but I confronted my boss and told him what was going on and he stopped, apologized and life went on.  It was something to do with me being a temp but none the less.  I say you should confront him about it, if not gather evidence and take him to court.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 04:21:21 AM »
Well it's not really him "snapping" He's an Ex-Marine from the gulf war...so i think that has something to do with it..along with obsession with guns..and him being a complete racist ****

and we are gonna confront him...tomorrow at work. (that's if he shows up...sometimes he doesn't show up at work.).co-workers and I are gonna tell him..and more then likely the secretary will be with us on this as well...because quite frankly me and co-workers are seriously thinking of quitting because of it if it doesn't stop...

and if you want to know what we do...we build and manufacture CNC Routers....

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 10:58:53 AM »
its very simple
report the dude to the authorities, get him arrested. what he is doing is illegal and dangerous.
the fact that he used to be a marine only serves to make it worse. he of all people should know better!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 04:46:31 PM by [D.E.M] zetsumei »

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 12:58:15 PM »
I hope it's turned out well or will turn out well, Debonis...

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 02:26:34 PM »
That is inappropriate and completely ridiculous. Just became he's a Marine gives him no right to open fire. He must not have been that good of a Marine if he will shoot civilians. He needs a once over mental check... no, make it three. And bipolar medication. My pop's a marine and a racist man but he doesn't act like that.... It's kind of scary to think there are people like that out there...
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 03:59:01 AM »
he's definitely got a mental issue of some sort...

he's told us stories as well when he was in service. that he shot any arabian armed or not. "only good Iraqi is a dead one" is his motto x3

Offline Eurydice

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Brown, tan, white, olive green
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 01:00:34 AM »
Man, he does seem like a chauvanist prick.

What he's doing is harassment. Like others have said, take this to the authorities.

I know you're concerned about your job, but I'd be more concerned about the intentions of this guy.

He's got every potential to become a murderer. He's hurting you and your fellow employees with zero regard to your feelings. He was a Marine so he's killed before, and he claims that he'll kill people of a certain race. This is NOT the kind of person who should have a gun. The more you and the other employees let him terrorise you, the more desensitised he'll become.