The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 40K Rp  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
40K Rp
« on: March 08, 2009, 03:51:21 AM »
In the Meridian Sector of Imperial space, the Tau have landed an expedition force onto the planet Sititanaria, and the cause is the northen half of the main continent has sided with the Tau, while the southern side remains in the Imperiums control. The only land access of the two sides is Hell's Corridor, both sides having numerous trenches and forward bases constructed. Numerous Warp signatures are detected as both Imperial and unknown ships enter the sector to join the battle over Meridian and to drop off troops, with the Tau expeditionary fleet already doing so. You are one of the Tau or Imperial soldiers in the reinforcement drop wave, or are you part of the unknown warp signature?

Post Merge: March 08, 2009, 04:03:33 AM
First things first, the rules
1. no trolling.
2. no having unlimited power, or having the best tech, or having a large army, you start as someone who is killable, and as such you feel pain and or can die.
3. If you ask politely if you die in the rp, you may be given control of an NPC
4. At the start you either are a Sergent with a small squad of common soldiers, or one of the common soldiers.
5. Only 3 Space marines characters, including myself, they dont need to belong in the same chapter.
Character Sheet time:
Name: (can be full or short)
Race: (humans can be with the tau)
Personality:
Appearance: (includes in and out of battle)
Personal History: (like a backstory)
Equipment: (ex: Imperial Guardsman with the flak jacket, the lasgun, etc.)
Rank: (such as assault marine or a fire warrior, or a stealth unit)
Affiliation: (Imperium, Tau Empire, Chaos, etc.)

P.S. The unknown warp signature isnt part of the rp till later, and those who spefically request to be apart of that force still have to make a character, but that character will die once the unknown force finally reveals itself, also let's pretend furs or scalies are allowed into the Imperium for rp's sake.

Post Merge: March 08, 2009, 04:14:15 AM
Name: Kalus

Race: Human (Astartes)

Personality: Would do anything to serve the Imperium, his Chapter, and most importantly the Emperor. He is a zealous soldier, but gradually develops into a gruff soldier.

Appearance: Standard Color Scheme of the Black Templar Chapter, with his helmet painted like it was a skull, with a black stripe going through it with a skull motif on it, he uses the newer Mark VII armor, he wears a loincloth with a tabred over the armor with the Black Templar's symbol on it, his Shoulder Pauldrons alternate between white and black trim, with the left shoulder having black trim and the main shoulder being white, and the right shoulder has white trim, and the main color of it is black. Outside of battle he wears a cloak with the Chapter symbol on it along with the symbol of the veterans

Personal History: He grew up in the Meridian Sector, and after proving himself to the Black Templar's stationed there for his daring feats during the 11th Black Crusade, in which he was almost killed by a chaos champion, who for one instant let his guard down, and Kalus took that opening and grabbed a fallen power sword, and stabbed it into the champions head, ending his life. He was taken in as a Neophyte and began to train in the Black Templar's ways eventually becoming an Initiate, after which he joined Crusades against Greenskins and the Tau. After leading a small troop of initiates against an onslaught of greenskins and holding a fortress until reinforcements arrived, he was promoted to become one of the Sword Brethren.

Equipment:  power armor,  chainsword, bolt pistol, but if needed will use the boltgun essentially becoming a tactical marine,, will switch to power/plasma and terminator armor sometimes has the banner pole on his backpack and sometimes wields a lightning shield along with his chainsword/ power sword.

Affiliation: Imperium, specifically the Black Templar's Chapter

Post Merge: March 08, 2009, 11:44:15 PM
now i'll (hopefully) start the rp after i have 3 imperials and 3 Tau.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:27:09 PM by Gabag »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: 40K Rp
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 01:25:20 AM »
Name: Cyrus (Chrono) Jackson

Race: Human (originally)

Personality: He doesn't like the reasons for the war, but doesn't mind as long as he gets to fight. usually aims for the top and is depressed when reaching 2nd place or lower, sometimes shows off. He also has a sort-of 6th sense about how to upgrade his equipment, but he rarely gets enough time to do it properly.

Appearance: His gene-seed changed his body further than most of the Black Dragon soldiers ever predicted, his face now resembling a half-dragon's, a snout sticking out 8 inches, meaning his helmet was changed to the beak helmet to accomodate the snout. and his face covered in black scales, along with the Black Dragon's infamous protrusions on the head and elbows(elbow protrusions retractable. his eyes also resemble a snakes, being slim diamonds instead of circular like most of the "human" marines.

Personal History: Born on Cadia in Kasr Gallen, and into a high class family Cyrus was taught from age 5-14 on how to cut down orks and chaos soldiers with ruthless efficency with chain/power sword(the power/chain sword passed down from father to son). Two years before being conscripted, his parents got him a bolter and his father showed him how to fire the bolter, and had him in the family firing range almost every day on max speed moving targets. When he reached 14, he was conscripted as a shock trooper for the Whiteshields. He was scouted out for valient service during the 13th black crusade by the Black Dragon Chapter at 15, after cutting down a chaos champion of Khorne by sheer luck. Then the Black Dragons made him perform a rigorous trial, in which he completed with the ruthless killing of a fellow initiate. It is said that the gene-seed he gained was never used on anyone else, and thus there was a small chance of survival, all at the age of 15. [Error: file corruption unable to read further] (current age: ~18)

Equipment: Power Armor, Boltgun, Powersword

Affiliation: Imperium, Black Dragon Chapter
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:13:49 AM by Chrono-Dragon, Reason: I felt like embelishing on my character :p »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 01:30:50 AM »
Accepted  welcome to the rp :)

Offline Crass1905

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Shas'ui Dal'yth Aloh Kauyon Monat.
    • Awards
  • Species: Tau.
  • Coloring: Blue-gray leathery skin.
  • Height: 5'8''
  • Weight: 180lbs
  • Build: Stocky.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 04:23:32 PM »
Name: Lazarus 'Laz' Jurgen

Race: Human

Personality: Lazarus is calm and level headed in combat as he is in most situations, this may be a result of the fact that he is a Blank. Blanks, also known as Untouchables, are able to block out psychic effects within a certain area. This "field" also projects a sense of fear or revulsion towards the Blank on anyone close enough to be affected. A Blank often may not be aware of their own powers and may not be able to control them, as is the case with Laz.

Personal History: Laz was born in 'Hive Tartarus' On Armageddon. He grew up in this scarred and war torn city and as a teen witnessed and survived the Third war for Armageddon. During which serving as a conscript for the Death Korps of Krieg who were stationed in his Hive. After the war his conscription over, Laz joined the Imperial Guard permanently, enlisting in the Armageddon 141st Steel Legion. After several years of distinguished combat Laz has been promoted to Sargent and is in command of his own squad.

Equipment: Mustard yellow great coat, over black fatigues. He wears Black boots, gloves and a black gas mask as well as a black rounded bowel helmet.  Laz is armed with a Chainsword and a Plasma Pistol, which he recovered off the body of a dead Death Korps of Krieg Colonel during the Third war for Armageddon. He keeps it in good working condition, but in the back of his head is that itching worry that it will  overheat one day and explode.

Affiliation: Imperium, Armageddon 141st  Steel Legion
"For every prohibition you create you also create an underground." - Jello Biafra

Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Terror must be broken by Terror.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 06:55:42 PM »
i'd say accepted, but are you like a squad commander for a heavy weapons squad, a normal squad, or what? Sorry for being a stickler, but i like to know what type of squad people are in so its not like one min they are an assault marine, then the next one a devastator.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:57:28 PM by Gabag »

Offline Crass1905

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 08:29:58 PM »
An Infantry squad, the IG is rather straight froward as apposed to the SMs. The Imperial guard does not have squads like devastator squads or assault squads. Heavy weapon teams, individual heavy weapons, are tacked on to infantry squads and designated heavy weapons 'squads' are attached directly to the Command HQ (basically the command platoon.) and aren't really there own individual units. Same goes for Elite Squads like Ratlings or Ogryns

Huzzah for playing WH40k table top for 7 years. ;P though my codex is 3 prints out of date x_x
"For every prohibition you create you also create an underground." - Jello Biafra

Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 08:53:05 PM »
i know but Steel Legion is known for being mechanized infantry, such as Chimeras break in, then deploy troops, or since you were conscripted by the Death Korps are you a trench fighter?

Offline Crass1905

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
The death korps are just back story and really will not be related to your rp. I thought it would add some nice details,

My character is with the Steel legion, his squad could be a mechanized 'armored fist' squad if a Chimera is available.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 09:02:37 PM »
Cool, also the steel legion and the death korps get the cool gas masks

Offline Crass1905

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 09:10:26 PM »
I know :3 thought they are two different armies.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 09:24:34 PM »
the death korps are different, with the death korps being ruthlessly efficient and unflinchlingly loyal and loving trenches, while the steel legion loves to tank rush.

Post Merge: March 09, 2009, 09:49:34 PM
and now all we need are the tau, and mabye some other people to be the last two space marines, and possibly some more guardsmen.

Post Merge: March 09, 2009, 09:50:16 PM
If you want to be Tau you can be any of the races associated with them, like the Kroot and Vespid and the humans who surrendered to them.

Post Merge: March 10, 2009, 12:11:51 AM
Name: Lazarus 'Laz' Jurgen

Race: Human

Personality: Lazarus is calm and level headed in combat as he is in most situations, this may be a result of the fact that he is a Blank. Blanks, also known as Untouchables, are able to block out psychic effects within a certain area. This "field" also projects a sense of fear or revulsion towards the Blank on anyone close enough to be affected. A Blank often may not be aware of their own powers and may not be able to control them, as is the case with Laz.

Personal History: Laz was born in 'Hive Tartarus' On Armageddon. He grew up in this scarred and war torn city and as a teen witnessed and survived the Third war for Armageddon. During which serving as a conscript for the Death Korps of Krieg who were stationed in his Hive. After the war his conscription over, Laz joined the Imperial Guard permanently, enlisting in the Armageddon 141st Steel Legion. After several years of distinguished combat Laz has been promoted to Sargent and is in command of his own squad.

Equipment: Mustard yellow great coat, over black fatigues. He wears Black boots, gloves and a black gas mask as well as a black rounded bowel helmet.  Laz is armed with a Chainsword and a Plasma Pistol, which he recovered off the body of a dead Death Korps of Krieg Colonel during the Third war for Armageddon. He keeps it in good working condition, but in the back of his head is that itching worry that it will  overheat one day and explode.

Affiliation: Imperium, Armageddon 141st  Steel Legion
you dont need to post appearance cause your equipment speaks for itself.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:11:51 AM by Gabag »

Offline Crass1905

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 12:52:02 AM »
the death korps are different, with the death korps being ruthlessly efficient and unflinchlingly loyal and loving trenches, while the steel legion loves to tank rush.

Yes I know that, but the only reason I brought them up is that the Death Korps were present on Armageddon during the third war. Its simply a detail for the background.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:41 AM »
i know just wanted to be a nerd for abit   :D, but seriously invite people PEOPLE and dangit we need tau.

Offline Crass1905

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 12:55:39 AM »
Being a nerd is fine, its hard to find 40k fans today :P

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 12:56:47 AM »
i know i kinda hate having to teach people, cause its hard to explain  >:|