The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 40K Rp  (Read 3905 times)

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure Wolf
  • Coloring: credit to wallace on deviantart for this nifty avi
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: is almost 200lb
  • Build: Pretty masculine
Re: 40K Rp
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 02:42:29 AM »
Name: Artemis Linkovacght
Race: Human
Personality:  Very very serious in combat, but in a normal conversation he will place a joke here and there.  Not only this, but he is a very proud, and honorable person whom will keep his word even if it leads him to death.  This pride, of course, is also his greatest weakness, and will not stand for a challenge that he believes either insults his integrity, intelligence, etc., or a combination of those. You get the basic idea.

Appearance:   Looks like the basic White Templar at first glance, but wears a pitch black robe, and on both his knees he has the roman numeral III.  Also on the middle of his robe he has a custom design, of a strange symbol with only meaning to him.  Also his shoulder armor (or whatever it's called) are white, while his arms are black.  Everything else is pretty much the same.  The Imperial Eagle on his breastplate signifying that he is a traitor to the Imperium.  On another note, the symbol of the Tau is painted on the front of his robe.

Personal History:  Was born on Krieg after the planet finally returned to Imperial Rule, and because he felt it was his duty, he joined the Death Korps of Krieg.  He fought in the Third Armageddon war with the Orks.  He was greatly outnumbered by Ork elites, but through sheer luck and willpower he managed to rise to the top.  Afterwords the White Templars decided to go over his service record, and eventually decide to take him in as one of them.  After rigorous tests of fighting off impossible odds, he passes, and gets the gene-seed implanted within him, and he begins his space marine hood as a scout marine.  After a rather uneventful scouting hood he retrieved his power armor becoming a true marine.  Later on he was ordered to slaughter many innocent civilians on some back water planet, and he refused.  His master then took his gun, and shot them down.  Artemis then lashed out, stabbing him with his sword.  Within less than a day he was branded traitor, and turned to the only people that could take him in, the Tau.  With the Tau he acts as a mercenary being at the forefront of melee combat engagements.

Equipment: The usual beginning assault marine equipment.  A chain sword, pistol, pack, etc.

Affiliation: Tau Empire

(beware i don't know much about 40k)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:30:56 PM by Artemis »
The kind of people who take the lead, are the ones who die most famously.
Those who follow, die in peace.
Which one would you prefer?

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 02:12:22 AM »
(if no one else will join i guess i'll start us off, assuming more people come in and assuming we have more tau then just Artemis)

Post Merge: March 11, 2009, 02:21:10 AM
As I stood staring across the embarkation deck, waiting for Storm Birds to be prepped sooner, I impatiently started pacing back and forth. It wasn't even my second week in being in the Sword Brethren, one of the highest honors a Black Templar can aspire to, and already I get to prove myself in the fires of war. The briefing with Lord Commander Tarkus of the Imperial Army had been breif. He told us about the Tau incursion and the traitor forces who allied themselves with the xenos. There's even a rumor going around of a renegade Astartes among their ranks, such thing could be considered heresy, but the xenos haven't been pushed back so far so maybe it's true. I wondered if i would survive the next drop in, my Storm Bird was to the first to enter atmosphere and to land just before the battle at the Omega Forward Command post. I picked up my Bolt pistol and my Chainsword and I said a quick prayer in the Emperor's name to allow me to deliver swift death to the traitors and xenos. As I boarded the Storm Bird, I noticed the detachment of Black Dragon marines and one of them was walking towards the dropship. He was wearing one of the older Mark IV Helmets and had visible protrusions coming from his head. I walked up to him asking "Ready to repay the xeno's existence in full with their blood, and to deliver the traitors swift retribution?"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 02:21:10 AM by Gabag »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »
man....why is it when they only send one soldier from the Black Dragons, nine times out of ten they pick me?! I thought as I was walking towards the Storm Birds, not even giving a care for who I'm being dropped with. The breifing wasn't even a few minutes, then I get picked for the only assignment that only allows one person. I quickly pushed it out of my mind as I reached and boarded the Storm Bird. Then, a marine from Sword Brethren, veteran soldiers I think, and after I hear his question...I was lost halfway through it. "Uh....sure..." I said with barely a third of one of my two hearts, then got in my seat, leaned forward, and rested my head on my bolter as I dozed off...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 08:55:54 PM »
As his casual dismissal of my question, i was disappointed to see he was my drop mate. After seeing him sleeping i think to myself "Young bloods, these days, no respect for the veterans but that must mean Im a young blood too because I just joined the veterans" After holtering my pistol and seathing my blade and i get in my seat and nudge the Black Dragon asking "Whats your name?"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 09:01:18 PM »
The nudge regretably woke me up, I looked at him...and blunty replied "Chrono...now unless you have something else to ask...let me get some moments of peice before we're dropped off into hell...". Then I leaned on my bolter again and dozed off once more...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 09:03:20 PM »
"Alright we're heading to surface, leaving the deck in 5..4..3..2..1 lift off" Said the Imperial Pilot of the stormbird after a lengthy flight he said "We're entering atmosphere now, Omega Post in sight" I nudged the Black Dragon again "Well CHrono i guess heading to surface counts as a reason to wake you, by the way, Im Kalus."

Post Merge: March 11, 2009, 09:05:13 PM
(Schneer we'll find you already on the surface ok, cause you're apart of  the Planatery Defense Force)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:11:04 PM by Gabag »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 09:08:41 PM »
I look at him, and put my bolter on my lap. "You need to experience other chapters for once..." was all they told me when I was also assigned to the only Bird accepting Black Dragons. I lie still and don't respond as I wait for the eventual landing...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:12:21 PM by Chrono-Dragon »

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 09:16:03 PM »
As we entered the atmosphere I looked out the viewports to see our destination, "Hell's Corridor" they called it, it looked like Hell alright. The land was scorched and burnt, especially around the center, but around it was a lush green world on both sides of the continent, with bright blue seas reflecting a hazy yellow morning sun. "We're hitting atmosphere is 5........" the pilot said, and after that it was a quiet flight on the way down, surprisingly no anti aircraft fire came to meet us. "Ok we're nearing ground, prepare to quick drop in" as soon as he got a reasonable distance down he opened the hatch in midair and I jumped out and landed with a grunt.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »
In a fluid motion, I got up, put my bolter on my shoulder, and yelled "Gentlemen, welcome to hell, population decreasing as I speak" before leaping out and landing without a grunt...

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
"Chrono the battle didnt even start, the artillery didn't even start its usual barrage, a waste of ammo i say" As I said that i sprinted towards the trench closet to the middle line and waited for the inevitable order to charge.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 09:28:12 PM »
I look at him, and follow him into the trench saying "Okay...so I was a bit early saying it...woah....look up". I point at the sky, and theres several unknown ships among the rest of the Imperium fleet
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:31:11 PM by Chrono-Dragon, Reason: I\'m sorry if we took up the entire 2nd page, we got kinda carried away xP »

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 09:29:45 PM »
As I look up at the ships, i realize i am too far away to recognize any of the designs "Could be those blasted Orks or worse, Tyranids....."

Offline Crass1905

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Shas'ui Dal'yth Aloh Kauyon Monat.
    • Awards
  • Species: Tau.
  • Coloring: Blue-gray leathery skin.
  • Height: 5'8''
  • Weight: 180lbs
  • Build: Stocky.
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 03:04:53 AM »
Lazarus hummed gently as he sat on the muddy trench redoubt.. He glances at his watch before bringing up binoculars up to his eyes. “30 seconds boys” he says calmly to the men who are huddled around him in the trench. Lazs squad is nothing special, it has nine infantry men armed with LasRifles and a 2 man heavybolter team, and is simply one out of millions and millions of other squads that make up the core of 141st Steel Legion. His squad is simply one of the thousands that make up the front line. He lowered his binoculars and checked his watch again. “10 seconds” Up the binoculars went. Laz focus was off in the distance, not at any particular target but at the land in general at the end of no mans land. His men stirred, some ducked down, others watched lazily, heads propped up on the trench redoubt, as there was no immediate threat of Tau. “5...4....3...” with his free hand he gripped the prefab trench wall. And suddenly the ground shook as ungodly thunder began far behind them, Laz held tight as he was jostled about by the unison barrage of every artillery piece on the planet firing at once. He kept the binoculars up to his face, fighting to keep them level and in focus. The thunder behind them was soon drowned out by a demonic shrieking as the shells went over head, and he smiled. He binoculars were soon filed with flashes and explosions far off in the distance, the artillery started up again in the distance, firing at will now, thus causing the air to be thick with noise and the ground to buzz and vibrate disconcertingly.

Lazarus sighed happily and handed his binoculars down to his corporal. “Well they are getting it now boys,” he said with a grin “That should grind up that dang Tau armor” He turned to his men, most of them were green, and this annoyed Laz. Though they had seen combat a few times before, most had never seen Tau. They only heard stories and read their 'IMPERIAL INFANTRYMANS UPLIFTING PRIMER' which was, well trash. Laz though for a second on it ”The Tau are little better then beasts...you have nothing to fear from such a pitiful species..” He chuckled to him self and shook his head before addressing his men. “OK listen up!” Laz yells over the artillery, as he hops off the trench redoubt “the Tau are SOBs, forget what your primer says, these guys are serious business. There railguns can shoot right through your helmet so keep those heads down, the Tau are excellent at range so try to get in close, engage them at close combat and if you can bayonet them, just watch out for Kroot at close ranges, you'll all do fine, with the Spirit of the emperor we will all do fine.” With that Laz turned back towards nomans land and the falling artillery, unholstered his plasma pistol and silently recited one of the many imperial guard oaths to him self “My armor is contempt.My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name... let none survive...”
"For every prohibition you create you also create an underground." - Jello Biafra

Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Terror must be broken by Terror.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »
As the hellish artillery barrage began, many of the guardsman were grasping the walls of the trench because the Basilisk's Earth Shaker Cannons were so powerful. The other Astartes in the trench didn't have to hold on too much, but still we were shaken around violently at the shockwaves. I recited one of the many prayers of the Black Templar's. "We shall destroy the xenos and traitors, the former through sword, and the latter through sword and faith" The firing stopped, and then the order "FIRE AT WILL" was roared and the artillery crews reloaded and fired again bombarding the tau front lines with devastating ordnance. Soon after the thundering stopped, nothing happened, a deathly silence has fallen upon the field as neither side made a move. Maybe the tau were hit harder by the Basilisks then previously thought, or maybe they were regrouping, but none of the Guardsmen Commissars or Colonel's seemed willing to initiate the charge. Hoping to draw the noose quickly on the tau before they could set up their heavier weapons I jumped up out of the trench with mere ease and shouted as loud as i could over both vox and the field "GLORY TO THE GOD EMPEROR AND STRIKE DOWN HIS FOES!" and alone I started charging the tau lines, and soon was followed by a storm of Astartes and Guardsmen as they took up the call to the Emperor. Soon a hailstorm of pulse blasts and rail shots met up to meet the forces of the Imperium, but the majority either slightly burned my armor or missed completely. Just before i was within a leaps reach of the tau trenches, I hit the activation stud on my chainsword. (i think we should rp the charge, then wait for artemis to come back from wherever and do his part.)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 11:28:46 PM »
As I heard the call to charge, I vault out of the trench, and take pot-shots at the tau as they rushed the front-line soldiers, advancing a step for every soldier I kill. After I advance about twenty-seven steps, I was grazed in the shoulder by a pulse blast, and staggered, before getting back up and killing two more tau before advancing again...