The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I Can't Think, His Words Still Echo Decide for Yourself (T/F?)  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Events from the past escalated into what you will read here, a true or false story of a girl. You decide if I tell myth or reality.

Since the day my father and I got into a fight, we've been slowly falling apart and fighting more. He snapped at me and we butted heads, unwilling to give any ground... I saw him try to hit my mother and I screamed at him to stop. It hurt to watch my family be torn apart like this. But now that it's over, I am still shaking and can still hear his screams and jeers echoing in my head. As I lay here, I feel worthless and the feeling magnifies as he pretends nothing happened. Alone in my room, the tears slide down my face, dripping onto my shivering knees. My fears are around me and inside me. When he jeers at us and blames my mom for taking sides, I feel so used and unworthy. His affections aren’t there anymore and I wish life could return to where it'd been... I am afraid of what he'll do to my mother and little brother when I'm away...

I cry silently, face buried, trying to hide the fear, the anger, the hatred boiling out of my body towards a man I've lived with all my life. He scares me beyond all reason, a primal fear driving me to hide from him. I live in the illusion and put out the notion that my family is just fine. My father has raised his hand on me too many times to count and I let it go. He won't, WILL NOT EVER, harm my little brother the way he has done me....

He's never hit us before, not like this... I curse him, my only father and provider. A man I should never have met, nor been forced to live around. He forced me into who I am; a beater, abuser of those I love. A sharp word, a sting of flesh on flesh and I know how he feels about me. I am his unwanted daughter, his only daughter and he has made it clear I'm not wanted here. I should leave tonight but I refuse to let him win against my will. My brother and mother mean more than his imposing figure and stinging slaps do.

As I lay on my cold bed, thinking about what he's said, I can see now why he's been so frigid. His fears are showing and he needs to be strong. His hands around my neck made me struggle for air but this is a past experience and I will not hold it against him, my blood. The love I had for him in my naivety has long since dried up; replaced by a burning hunger to destroy the being that stole my role model and made him into the monster I hide in fear of. His eyes are no longer human, nor are the sharp words he spits at us. I come home from school and hole up in my sanctuary, afraid he will strike me again...

Even though by outside appearances he is still my father, inside he is nothing more than another demon taking over my life, twisting it inside out so that I fall into turmoil and break. My spirit hurts, bleeding all alone in the creeping darkness, unable to hold the hand of the one I once adored. His harsh tones hurt my ears and his cold looks drive icy hot blades in my skin, ripping my heart into a thousand pieces. I want us to go back to being happy...

He split my brother's image of him as an angel into fragments, tearing apart the innocence I fought so fiercely to protect. My little brother is now turning into my father; he idolizes that man. And he can't see how it hurts to watch him, hunting for someone to hurt, to tear apart... His aura is black with sins and hatred, staining those around him. I fear the day he is turned loose to terrorize someone else. I only hope that when it comes time for him to settle in, my brother remembers who our father was and decides to be better than that...

One could only hope and fight to preserve the innocent, after all....

I try, and he pushes me away. As do my mother and everyone else I fall to, struggling to find someone to help me. The ones I lean on are too weak to rely on so I must don the mantle of peace-keeper and hide how I feel: the strongest one of my broken home.

For now my tears have stopped, replaced by a numb emptiness I fear departing of. A new scar, this time on my hand, marks the twenty-third attempt at reaching someone. My desk is covered with the silent cries for help, only answered by the flicker of a flame and the few drops of blood I share with no one. The crimson reminder of what I endure.

The drops fall in darkness only I can see. Held back from dealing the final blow, the fear and hatred in me continues to grow, blossoming and ripping at the cage it remains in. My cold words are little different than his, but mine are meant to isolate myself. So that when the final straw breaks my back, I can leave this place with peace, knowing I did all I could to fix what damage I done to them, those that stood beside me without falter, with strength enough for three. I will miss those I loved, then and now. I am going to be free of the monster who's ruled my life soon and when I leave, I'll expect not to be missed. After all, I was only a fifteen year old child who had no idea what she was getting into when she stood in front of her weeping brother, taking the blow that would have killed him...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:41:21 PM by Aurore Noëlle »
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Creeping Death

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycan
  • Coloring: Blood red with black tail tip, ears, paws, and stomach
  • Height: 5'10
  • Weight: 125
  • Build: Unknown for now
Re: I Can't Think, His Words Still Echo 1/7/09 6pm. (True statements)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 11:25:43 PM »
A dad should never do that. I'm sorry you've had to put up with that for all these years. I'm sure you'll be glad to get out of the house as soon as possible.
Today:15
Total:15

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:28:59 PM »
Maybe... I guess you could say everything's been building up to this. My little brother is a baby but he shouldn't have been treated the way he was...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:20:09 AM by ~Twisted Roses~ »
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Creeping Death

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:34:41 PM »
What happened?

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 11:43:48 PM »
He screwed up my little brother.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:20:26 AM by ~Twisted Roses~ »
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Creeping Death

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 11:46:43 PM »
It's not too late to save your brother he's still young and can be molded to learn that his farther isn't acting right. You just have to find a way to show him.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 11:51:31 PM »
I try, and he pushes me away.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:20:33 AM by ~Twisted Roses~ »
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Creeping Death

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 11:58:03 PM »
I guess you don't lean on me at all for support then.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 12:00:55 AM »
Not rightly. Since you're busy with Katie, I'd prefer not to impose and have you handicapped with me.. >.>
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:20:40 AM by ~Twisted Roses~ »
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Creeping Death

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 12:03:52 AM »
I can talk with you and Katie. You won't handicap me.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 12:09:21 AM »
Explain. That makes no sense what-so-ever.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:20:57 AM by ~Twisted Roses~ »
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Creeping Death

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 12:16:39 AM »
I mean that talking with you will in no way mess up or hinder my relationship with Katie.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 12:17:29 AM »
Im sorry to hear of these troubles, no child should ever receive such scorn from their parents. No good parent ever strikes their child in such a harsh way as there is quite a difference between discipline and anger.

Now as far as expressing these on the forum I feel you should be careful, some of these feelings are very personal and emotional. I know your looking for help and I know I want you to get it, but I will monitor this thread if it becomes a bit too personal for the means of this forum. This is after all a Literature section

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 12:22:42 AM »
It is and I agree. This thread will no more be a true thing than my others. Only select few will see that it's true (if at all). I do not seek help from those on the forums, I just feel some should know why I am sometimes so cold and unapproachable. (Which oddly enough is rare on its own)
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Creeping Death

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 12:24:43 AM »
Everyone loves you still Twisted Roses. =D