The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127141 times)

Offline Kid Blaze

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • You sure about this?
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: I have black going down my back and dark silver down my front.
  • Height: 5'9''
  • Weight: 169
  • Build: slender, with slight muscles
  • Currently: Roleplaying
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #735 on: February 10, 2013, 03:47:39 AM »
My story is quite long but its rather simple. In summary I was a Pokemon fan (still am) and I had a friend named Scarlet. He made avatars of anthro-Pokemon and I asked him what they were. He replied they were furries and taught me all about them. Now I am a full fledged Furry all thanks to Scarlet Flame.

Made by me

Offline JYNXthefox

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm watching you....from way over here
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: white and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Build: average
  • Currently: @_@ can't sleep
« Reply #736 on: February 10, 2013, 06:43:27 PM »
i dont know really i'll tell all these stories saing this or that but as far as i remember ive been a fur dont know how or when it started.

we fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

make tails not war

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis awesomicus
  • Currently: Being lazy :3
« Reply #737 on: February 10, 2013, 09:27:07 PM »
So I suppose I'm a furry now :3

I don't know exactly when I first heard of furries, but I'm therian/otherkin, apparently so I think this attracts me to it quite a lot.
I've always preferred non-human characters in cartoons, games and animation, plus talking (and some non-talking, as well, but I don't see many films exactly oriented around that) animals in live action film if it fits the film's story, of course. I also used to occasionally collect stuff like dragons, don't even know where most of that stuff went, or may be I was dreaming a bit of how much I had.

I started browsing more different sites by the age of 15, so I think I started to discover things like fan art of the animations, sparkledogs, comics that I now hear is furry, furry art in general (also those endless old werewolf vs vampire debates, I wouldn't call furry but I found attention to it).
I'm also an animal lover in general, from about the age of 12 and up, my parents obtained a fair range of different species, like a chameleon (RIP), corn snakes (RIP 2/3, the 3rd went wild :P), chinchillas (RIP), bearded dragon, african grey (RIP, early death, asthma causes, apparently, it's odd because usually it's the humans that get asthma from the birds not the other way around...), finches/canaries/budgies/love-birds/cockatiel/budgies (RIP), 3 x persian cats, golden retriever (more closer to yellowish-white) and uhm... a Chilean rose tarantula (I'm arachnophobia so I keep away  :S ) oh and my sister has pets, too. I've also always dreamt of having a pokemon/digimon or dragon as a pet, so I kind of like that stuff, too, but I kind of drifted away from, say, the pokemon games, but I've always loved the characters.

I'm starting to learn to draw, but I find myself enjoying it so learning realism first, because my interests in furry art won't die out any soon, would be more confident if I knew where goes where when I draw, but I think if I went into art, I'd work more towards stylized furry art and some more epic-y stuff with fantasy / sci-fi theme, because I really quite like that type as art as well. Furries + epic environment, that pretty much seems utopian to me :3 That want jumped to me the moment I found furry related stuff, but my interests around furry seem pretty diverse, some may argue some of it as not-so-furry but hey, I just like a bit of variation ^^

<(ಠ_ಠ)> I am an angel, fear me.

Therian/otherkin and furry.

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #738 on: February 10, 2013, 10:55:50 PM »
Kio, all those pets sound amazing!  XD  I must admit I'm kinda jealous  X3

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #739 on: February 10, 2013, 11:09:09 PM »
Kio, all those pets sound amazing!  XD  I must admit I'm kinda jealous  X3

Yeah, they are pretty cool, home would feel so empty without them, although they do take quite a bit of looking after.
Btw, note the RIP, some are dead, thus, and whenever that happens, even for a small pet the whole house seems more empty. I mean I used to hear the sounds of chirping, which tbh can be sometimes annoying when you're studying but it's like when you can't hear them anymore, it's like there's less of sense of spirit, like taking the colors out of a painting. My parents' had another dog that went viscous once so she had to go to a shelter, I mean she was really out of control and we didn't want to kill her, but then our retriever was still young so it was probably for the best because she could of hurt him, it was kind of sad, I hope she's still alive and alright ;_;

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #740 on: February 10, 2013, 11:13:25 PM »
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean in regards to that empty feeling, as I've had pets all my life as well, though not to the degree that you have. I think they may have been a factor in me becoming a furry myself, since I've grown up having such a close and constant relationship with animals. I do hope that that dog is alright too, I believe that all dogs should be given a chance like that instead of just rejected or put down.

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #741 on: February 10, 2013, 11:36:06 PM »
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean in regards to that empty feeling, as I've had pets all my life as well, though not to the degree that you have. I think they may have been a factor in me becoming a furry myself, since I've grown up having such a close and constant relationship with animals. I do hope that that dog is alright too, I believe that all dogs should be given a chance like that instead of just rejected or put down.

"I believe that all dogs should be given a chance like that instead of just rejected or put down. "
That.

Even if it didn't directly lend to being a furry, I'm sure having pets would a bit indirectly, at least I can say for me :P
From that age (12) and up, though (when the uhm... "collection"  ;) [size=78%] began), I was actually home-schooled, so I've always felt more interested in other species, besides the closest members of my family.[/size]
[size=78%]Also, this text looks smaller doesn't it? But nvm.[/size]

Offline MatchCense

• Avid Aardvark
  • I have teeth, I will bite....
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxy Kitty
  • Coloring: Fox- Undercoat white tipped with gray and baby blue, white tummy, teal stripes. Orange red eyes Cat- Black, bluish purple stripes, white tummy
  • Currently: Frisky.
« Reply #742 on: February 12, 2013, 10:26:45 AM »
I always loved animals :3 I would picture myself as one as I would sit there as I stared off into space. I would think about being an animal experiment in my dreams as I rested to go to bed. I thought I was the only who thought like this but more and more I looked I Noticed there are others like myself...
  • Signature art by: Me

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #743 on: February 13, 2013, 02:28:56 AM »
that thing about look for something that doesnt fit in, i was like
         XD AMEN!  and that that is totally what happened to ME! ^_^
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline MatchCense

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Fox- Undercoat white tipped with gray and baby blue, white tummy, teal stripes. Orange red eyes Cat- Black, bluish purple stripes, white tummy
« Reply #744 on: February 13, 2013, 04:03:35 AM »
Hahah thanks it is my signature :3

that thing about look for something that doesnt fit in, i was like
         XD AMEN!  and that that is totally what happened to ME! ^_^

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
« Reply #745 on: February 13, 2013, 01:27:51 PM »
Best signature I have seen yet! :) I'm not kidding! Hey is it all right if I buddy you?
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline MatchCense

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #746 on: February 13, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »
Well sure, I do not mind, reason why I came here was to meet new fuzzy bunz.  ^_^

Best signature I have seen yet! :) I'm not kidding! Hey is it all right if I buddy you?

Offline Tofi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Ocelot
  • Coloring: white fur,typical ocelot stripes and hot pink pads on paws
  • Height: Like me 165cm
  • Weight: Also like me 54kg
« Reply #747 on: February 17, 2013, 11:44:14 PM »
Since I was little I had problems with lucid dreams,lots of times I didnt know if I am awake or not.As I was growing up I've learned to make the difference between dreams and reality.Even though my dreams were very realsitic I could never see my self in mirrors until one night when I found myself in a oval room with a big mirror,first I couldn't see anything,it was very cold and misty,suddenly the mist disappeared,that was the first time I saw myself.My skin started to burn and itch,the next moment I looked up there she was,I've transformed in a big white cat,I was serious but the reflection was smiling I was scared first but then I realize that I like it and I liked it very much.From that night I couldn't stop thinkig about me in that form,my great-grandmother made me my first furry and that was it ,I felt perfect.

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
« Reply #748 on: February 18, 2013, 12:43:35 AM »
I'm jealous for you man. So drawling jealous.

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
« Reply #749 on: February 28, 2013, 07:43:20 PM »
It's been a while now, I got interested into animal traits when I was about 10, when I played Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. As some of you may know, Fire Emblem features Laguz, people that can transform into animals on will, be it either cats/lions/hawks/ravens/dragons. The dragons were always depicted as the rare ones, as they were very seclusive, but they were damn awesome. Over the time, movies and games got me more interested, and by the time I read Dreamkeepers, a furry comic series which is just amazing, I really considered myself a Furry as well. I've had a hard time going open about it though, as I was rather depressed at the time, it was about 1.5 year ago.
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!