The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127064 times)

Offline Halopromise

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Some people pursue happiness, others create it.~
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Gem chimera (cheetah, liger, eastern dragon)
  • Coloring: Halo's pelt is a solid ivory white; the svelte fur covers nearly every subtle curve of her body besides a few.
  • Height: 7 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Halo is a lissome female; her slender body and a broad chest, normally conveying a captivatingly regal and elegant figure, which is fitting for her role.
  • Reference: [link]
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #375 on: September 27, 2010, 12:23:56 AM »
Well depends. I didn't know what a furry was till I had gotten the internet, which was about 2 years ago. But, I have been drawing anthro since 3-4 and still am. I began to role play ferals, like on WQ or IT. I love movies and games to do with animals, for example: lion king, balto, felidae, wolfs rain, sonic, star fox, spyro etc etc. I've always studied animals and I am owner of a cat and many reptiles. After I got youtube, is actually when I heard of furries, thats when I searched it up, in several places, and I fit the bill I guess.
|| Digital artist || Therian || Furry || Fursuiter || Mascot/fursuit creator || Writer || Animator

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Bunbun! Bunbun! Yes I am!
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Brown Fur, BBrown Hair.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 119 lbs.
  • Build: Medium
« Reply #376 on: September 28, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »
What's felidae? Just asking.

and wolf's rain is absolutely LOVELY!
I'm a devil, but I'm not bad most of the time. Okay I'm only bad some of the time. Okay maybe I'm bad all of the time. ;D

I heart Girls Generation! <3

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Height: 5'11&quot;
« Reply #377 on: September 28, 2010, 11:22:35 PM »
what? i dont get it.
I'm a devil, but I'm not bad most of the time. Okay I'm only bad some of the time. Okay maybe I'm bad all of the time. ;D

Offline Halopromise

• Avid Aardvark
  • Some people pursue happiness, others create it.~
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Gem chimera (cheetah, liger, eastern dragon)
  • Coloring: Halo's pelt is a solid ivory white; the svelte fur covers nearly every subtle curve of her body besides a few.
  • Height: 7 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Halo is a lissome female; her slender body and a broad chest, normally conveying a captivatingly regal and elegant figure, which is fitting for her role.
« Reply #378 on: September 29, 2010, 03:54:24 PM »
Felidae is a really gorey cat movie XD It's good though
|| Digital artist || Therian || Furry || Fursuiter || Mascot/fursuit creator || Writer || Animator

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Herbivorous Lion
« Reply #379 on: September 29, 2010, 09:01:05 PM »
wow... i haven't replied here?  :? fairy-nuff... no better time that the present.

throughout my entire life i've loved both animals and fantasy (not fantasy as in the image of dragons and knights and dark dungeons filled with hoards of gold... fantasy as in non-reality), and so when i was 12 and nintendo (or rather rare) released "starfox adventures", a game where these two elements were fused (along with a neon blue vixen wearing very little... enough to entice any 12 year old who's beginning to discover his own sexuality). obviously when you google "krystal" (with the word starfox... just krystal on it's own will get you similar results, just with real people), you get a few slightly raunchy things which made me realise that i wasn't the only one. which was fairly comforting as a 12 year old, now however i sometimes wish i am the only one... but that's another topic.

obviously that lead into the furry fandom as a whole, and then obviously that lead me to my lion. since those times i've calmed down on the raunchy side of life now (at least a bit), and i'm now much more interested in the social perspective of the fandom. though a fur-con isn't my scene, i still aim to go to one while i'm still of somewhat average age for a fur, but i do attend whatever meets i can around my area, and have drunk with many a fur one-2-one.

it really is a good life, and a real nice place to be.
The further on I go, all the less i know.
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline Flyin'

• The Dark Angel
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • ...Why am I a horse now?
    • Awards
  • Species: Sandy-Orange Equine
  • Coloring: Orange, white
  • Height: 5 foot 9
  • Weight: 8 stone
  • Build: Skinny
  • Currently: Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #380 on: September 30, 2010, 04:35:11 PM »
I've always loved animals, and anthro's seem to have always been with me, I had my first fursona at 9, and it sort of evolved from there.

Realising I am a furry has made me feel more content with who and what I am, and has helped stabilize what has been a very hectic life up to now...
Am I back? Quite possibly.

Offline Takoto

• Vibrating Furby
  • not as furry as most.
    • Awards
  • Species: Shorthair Cat
  • Coloring: Tabby
  • Height: 5'2
  • Weight: idk
« Reply #381 on: October 03, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »
Well, I've always been into Pokémon since I was young, and... a few years back I started looking at some quite questionable Pokémon art... hah, it was about the same time I was dating my current best friend (she was my girlfriend for like a year~) and she is a furry... I told her about liking Pokémon and she introduced me into the furry community (read: FurAffinity xD) and I got into it all, "created" my fursona (though really it's just me as a cat) and started hanging out on a furry sub-section of another forum- and that's pretty much the whole of it~

Offline Redclaw

• Avid Aardvark
  • Pix! Pix! Vul-pix!
    • The Forest of Less Lust
    • Awards
  • Species: Vulpix!
  • Coloring: Orange fur, tan belly, and brown paws.
  • Height: 2'00''
  • Weight: 21.8 lbs
  • Build: I'm smaller than most, but this gives me speed and agility to make up for what I lack in strength.
« Reply #382 on: October 16, 2010, 06:12:40 AM »
Ever since I saw the first few pictures floating around the internet, I wondered about these mysterious "furries". I've always really liked animals, and used to pretend to be one all the time. I think it mainly started when I joined a... shall we say, "naughty" roleplay site about 2 years ago. The site involved RPing as wolves and I met some friends on there that I still have today.

The prospect of being an animal though fascinated me. I always admired animals for their innate senses, and incredible complexity, and I've always found myself not really fitting in with humans. Sure I had/have friends, but as far as modern society goes (Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber, rap in general, the whole "bad boy" thing) I never really liked it.

Then I read a wikipedia article about furries and the thought occupied my mind for a long time. Could I really be one of these great people? A group where hate and dominance isn't as important as fun and expressing yourself. I was very interested, and did some digging to find a forum that would let me get to meet other furries. I still wasn't 100% sure what a furry was, but as far as I was concerned I was one. Ever since I finally figured out that, yes, I am in fact a furry, (My definition being 1. someone who actually feels they are an animal trapped inside a human body. 2, someone who feels a strong connection to nature and the animal world around them, or what I was, 3, someone who just really wanted to be an animal! I am now a bit of all three of these.)

So yeah, bout a week ago I found this site and the rest is yet to come!

Hope you enjoyed getting to know a bit more about me!

-Redclaw
Thank you to all the great furries I've met so far! I've never felt more at home...

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
  • I Find Some Of You Very Creepy
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: normal
« Reply #383 on: October 17, 2010, 05:09:55 AM »
college years in the UK,  came across it after awesome party that had just ended, some guys were fooling around with some costumes and it look sort of fun, they explained it to me and showed me some of there art work (i was very very buzzed after the party, so just about everything was awesome to me) that morning i started to look up everything i could about the fur fandom, just couldn't get it out of my head, the art work and costumes just looks so fun.

Pet's name: Lucky

Offline Hiiro

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark Green, blue forked tounge, black claws
  • Height: 9 feet when on haunches, very long snake-like tail of 40 ft
  • Weight: idk
  • Build: Slender and serpentine, with long spines, covered in smooth scales. Also cold-blooded.
« Reply #384 on: October 29, 2010, 12:44:21 AM »
 I've been a scalie long as I remember, but I didn't know there was a name for it, or other people who were like me until I was about 11. (I'm 16 now)

Since I was 4, I would collect all sorts of shiny objects, like bottlecaps, plastic jewlery, old coins, ect, and put em all in a bag and hide it in mah closet. This was before I knew dragons had hoards, and it didn't occur to me until a long time later.

Whenever I watched cartoons or movies that had reptiles, especially dragons, I felt a wierd feeling, like a wierd envy. Then I figured out that I really wanted to be one.

Since then I been a scalie   ^_^
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@!@@!!!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #385 on: October 29, 2010, 04:30:18 AM »
I was always that "different" child and my favourite movies were always the ones with talking animals/any other kinds of anthros. I also live in a community full of foxes, coyotes, the likes, so I feel an affinity with how they think/feel and admire them. I need a way to express my secret self and here it is. Now I'm more content with who I am and like Hiiro said, I feel a weird envy for anthros:)
And trust me, that myth that Disney movies being shown to children create furries is bull....I think...
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #386 on: October 29, 2010, 05:03:26 AM »
And trust me, that myth that Disney movies being shown to children create furries is bull....I think...

Not true. I got interested also because of Disney.

of course, I apologize:)
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #387 on: November 02, 2010, 12:24:39 PM »
I wouldn't say they create, probably just manerate

And hiiro, preparing for fallout? Lol
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Height: 5'11&quot;
« Reply #388 on: November 02, 2010, 06:30:19 PM »
Man.Er.Ate.
Okay first I mispronounced that Marinate.

Manerate.

MAAAAANEEEEEERAAAAAAATE.

what does that mean?

Offline Dessum

• Friendly Flying Wolsky!
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Expect the worst and hope for the best.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My IMVU Homepage!
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolsky (wolf-husky) with white feathered wings
  • Coloring: Different shades of grey, black hair, red eyes, wings are white
  • Height: Approx. 180cm
  • Weight: Approx. 11 stone
  • Build: Strong, quite muscular, nifty wings
« Reply #389 on: November 04, 2010, 11:23:06 AM »