The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127049 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2009, 09:04:11 PM »
Try to stay on topic.
Remember that this is about how you became a furry, not if you know any near you.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2009, 10:08:40 PM »
Sorry, umm, i've always loved anime and that stuff, and then one day i found out about something called "furry fandom" and then not too long ago i decided to become a furry (more detailed version can be found in an earlier post in this thread)
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Rock Python

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Me in non anthro form
    • Awards
  • Species: anthro dragon
  • Coloring: black and blue
  • Height: 6ft 7in
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: thin
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2009, 02:36:48 PM »
well i guess i just started seeing furry art last year and got interested in it and now here i am!

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2009, 04:10:16 PM »
well hello there!

hope you have a good time on these here forums  ^_^ ... dont worry most of use dont bite...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2009, 04:32:43 PM »
well hello there!

hope you have a good time on these here forums  ^_^ ... dont worry most of use dont bite...
Yeah, hey!
Umm, no dont worry, most of us dont bite (exept for when we must :3)
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Zinc

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'll walk this path ahead treaded by the forgotten
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Snow white fur, tainted to ivory at ends
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 154lbs
  • Build: athletic with supernaturaI agilty.
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »
I always loved dpawing and showing off my art. My art started out as anime, then I started putting animal noses on them. As time pasted I became better and my drawings became a mixture of manga and anthropomorphs. I guess I'm only a furry in the way of my art, but in time I would love to experience more of the furry life... ya know in time.   :S

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2009, 03:26:15 PM »
i grew up against furries, actually, because all i knew were furf*gs so i was against. but then my mate opened my eyes to it, and that's how i started. i've done anime drawings up until this year, when i started furry sketching in march....... i think.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2009, 03:30:41 PM »
Yes...I converted my boyfriend. :3

You all should know by now why I'm one. I've loved animals my whole life and wondered what it would be like to be one. I found this forum through somebody on IMVU and yeah...that's the jist of it.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
yeppers!!!! 1

Offline Shadowhallow

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-demon
  • Coloring: Dark grey fur, black at shoulders, red at tail
  • Height: Short
  • Weight: Light
  • Build: Thinnn
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2009, 03:23:14 PM »
Let's see.... heuh...

I've always liked wolves, for as long as I remember. It really elevated at the beginning of last year, when I started looking at pictures of wolves and writing stories about them.

Then... I saw it. One of my friends on deviantART linked to a Fur Affinity page in their journal, and when I saw one piece of artwork... dang.

That all happened a year ago. I've been a furry for not very long... I don't think anyone in my family knows.  ;)

Pet's name: Icho

Offline Death Voices

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: 5"9'
  • Weight: 156lbs
  • Build: Average
« Reply #205 on: August 28, 2009, 06:27:32 PM »
All I ever heard about furries were the bad stuff. CSI came up a lot (and even to this day, I still haven't seen that episode). I was reluctant to believe what I figured was obvious exaggeration, so I went on to find out for myself. So I started digging around, just checking out all the different aspects of the fandom as a whole. In a way, I was fascinated by the culture; I wanted to understand what it was about.

I found a Team Fortress 2 server for furries (The Furry Pound), and after playing with them for a while, I started thinking "Hey, these guys aren't so bad, it's actually nice playing here." Every other server I played on was rather... strict, y'know? Like, it was always like "KEEEL OTHER TEAM, CAP INTEL GOGOGO", and the Furry Pound was just a lot more relaxed. Just a load of people having a laugh. I liked that.

I like the art, and I'd like to get to know the community better. I don't know if that alone makes me a furry, but that's why I'm here.

As far as fursonas go, I've got a rough idea of one in my head, but a fursona is something I don't quite understand yet. That's something that'll likely develop over time.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2009, 08:29:52 PM »
All I ever heard about furries were the bad stuff. CSI came up a lot (and even to this day, I still haven't seen that episode). I was reluctant to believe what I figured was obvious exaggeration, so I went on to find out for myself. So I started digging around, just checking out all the different aspects of the fandom as a whole. In a way, I was fascinated by the culture; I wanted to understand what it was about.

I found a Team Fortress 2 server for furries (The Furry Pound), and after playing with them for a while, I started thinking "Hey, these guys aren't so bad, it's actually nice playing here." Every other server I played on was rather... strict, y'know? Like, it was always like "KEEEL OTHER TEAM, CAP INTEL GOGOGO", and the Furry Pound was just a lot more relaxed. Just a load of people having a laugh. I liked that.

I like the art, and I'd like to get to know the community better. I don't know if that alone makes me a furry, but that's why I'm here.

As far as fursonas go, I've got a rough idea of one in my head, but a fursona is something I don't quite understand yet. That's something that'll likely develop over time.
Umm, if you want to learn more about the furry fandom, do as i did and read This Page You can also look around Here for further information about furries.

Thats what i did when i had just joined the furry fandom ^_^
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Death Voices

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: 5"9'
  • Weight: 156lbs
  • Build: Average
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2009, 09:09:23 PM »
Umm, if you want to learn more about the furry fandom, do as i did and read This Page You can also look around Here for further information about furries.

Thats what i did when i had just joined the furry fandom ^_^
Yeah, wikipedia and wikifur is something I look at every now and then.
But, there's only so much there I can understand. It's kinda hard to explain, but, to use an odd analogy, it's like learning an instrument; somebody could tell you how to play it, but until you've held the instrument and experimented with it, you won't truly understand it.
Which is why I'm here.  :)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2009, 09:31:22 PM »
well welcome! hope you learn more about the fandom... of which im still actually a newbie, ive been a furry for what, a few months... and seriously im still sometimes in over my head!... just be yourself!  ^_^

and dont worry, most of us dont bite!

also you may want to post in the meet and greet thread, tell people a bit about yourself... people are always happy to greet new-comers!  :3
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:33:01 PM by Kitt - Once known as Kitteh »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline JellyMuffins

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowshoe Hare (Bunny)
« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »
Okay, time for a really long story:
*gasp*
I picked up a copy of PC Gamer magazine for the first time a few years ago, read it through, thought it was awesome. Got more, started listening to the podcasts.
At one point in the podcasts, they mention Manhunt 2 being banned left and right (and given the AO rating in the US).
Curious as to how violent such a game would have to be, I looked up 'Manhunt 2' on YouTube.
After watching a few crappy videos about the game, I came across a rant by Ember Komodog [who, it turns out, was a fur] about Manhunt 2 (in which he mentions how Mario's a pretty bad influence on kids too, as it tells them the take 'shrooms and stomp turtles)
Subscribed to his rants, thoroughly entertained.
A bunch of time he mentions something about 'furries', 'baby furs' (and his distaste of them), 'fur suits' - all that stuff. I, of course, had no idea what he was talking about.
From there I went looking for more rants, and inevitably stumbled across 2 the Ranting Gryphon's video rants.
I later discover that he has a podcast (2 Sense, to which I am now somewhat addicted  ^_^)
He talks about furries all the time on the show, I didn't understand for a long time, until a letter was sent in asking what exactly a furry was.
He explains.
I got curious and looked around online.
Now I've always liked animals and stuff, and the fandom seemed like a cool place.
So I chose to stay.  :P

And there you have it, the round-about and twisted tale of how I picked up a PC Gamer magazine one day and ended up a furry.