The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127080 times)

Offline Bueller

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: A ferret by the name of Bueller, or a white-tailed deer who goes by Mute.
  • Coloring: white(ferret), brown with white underfur(deer)
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 165 lbs.
  • Build: Average
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2009, 12:31:36 AM »
I was always into anthro and animalistic art and the like. I even bought anthro art at the renfaire and got many anthro and wolf/deer figurines. I read all the Redwall series, played Sonic, watched Pokemon and Digimon, and wrote about and drew anthro characters. A few years ago while looking at GoldenWolf's art I stumbles upon a furry naughty site and the people called furries. Ever since then I have developed my own fursona and have been a proud fur.

Offline Wolface

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2009, 11:12:22 AM »
It might sound like Zoophile but it's not :umm:
It all start with my display picture that's preaw(It's a Thai name)
I just wanna be like her lol. and also I want to know what she's talking about all day.
So, my fursona is kind of like the real dog more than werewolf :-*
well... my reason is different from most of the ppl here.

ps. I'm new here, so if any1 have any suggestions please feel free to suggest me.

Any comments are welcome

sawasdee krub

Ode
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:15:21 AM by flyingace17 »
Proud to be Furryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Fur Code = FCW6a>CW6a~CW6a A C- D H+++ M- P++ R+ T+++ W Z Sm++ RLMH a- cn++ d- e- f++ h* iw+++ j p* sm
http://winterwolf.co.uk/furcode

Offline Gáire

• Eager Elephant
  • Saver of the Humens
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Reddish-brown
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 119
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2009, 12:33:58 AM »
Weeell.... I've always drawn animals my entire life. My favorite ones to draw were wolves, and eventually I started drawing anthro wolves. Also, I've always had dreams that I could control... And I loved turning into a wolf.

So, right now I'm thinking I might be a wolf furry... But I'm not sure. I'm still a new furry and unsure if everone would be like "Well, you just DECIDED to be one, then? That means you're really NOT one!"... So yeah. But I'm pretty sure I'm a furry.  :)

Pet's name: Xeintal
Adopt your own!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2009, 12:37:14 AM »
I had started acting like an animal, sometimes out of boredom, and other times just to roleplay as a wolf or dragon...and my size made it look a bit silly, but I got exposed to the "dark side" of furry art during middle-school, and that just finished it...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2009, 04:35:50 AM »
Well... I don't really know when I "became" a furry, more like I've always been one actually  =s. I've always loved antromorphic figures, mostly vixen, canine, and felines. I also consider myself therian and otherkin for other reasons. I'm also a big shapeshifter researcher *I have my reasons* but I deem it completely possible from the things I have found and the people I have met. I have a lot of stories behind me in my journey on this research, if anyone is interested I will gladly share my stories. I feel better about being myself, for a long time I was bound to christianity and now I have never felt better in my life  :th_Pyong-1:
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Parsifal23

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolverine
  • Coloring: chocolate brown with white chest stripe
  • Height: 6"3'
  • Weight: 220
  • Build: heavy set and musculer
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2009, 06:59:06 PM »
I always liked Animals as a kid bugs, dinosaurs, various dog and cat breeds. Animals always seemed more relatable then people to me. I also live a lot in my own head books, movies, and music. I also used to study a lot on Shamanism, Totemism, and Vision Quests. As far as how I “became” a furry it’s really just learning that the community has many sides to it that caused me to become a furry because prior to discovering things like Wikifur or the forums here my only exposure was to the worst aspects of Furry Fandom. I didn’t want to be associated with something that at the time I thought seemed to be just another prurient subculture. I now know better and it’s that knowledge that has caused me to embrace being a furry.
The Age of Reason Has No Need of Unicorns

Offline RosiWolf

• Dancing Dragon
    • Roslin's Bowl
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycan Wolf
  • Coloring: Color Varies: Brown/White/Black
  • Height: 3'7'' Shoulder
  • Build: Lean and muscular
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2009, 06:18:26 AM »
Warning, this is a long story.

Really everything started to piece together when I was seven and I first became aware of the existance of wolves and werewolves. I strove to draw wolves and master drawing/painting them-sadly I haven't completed this-and I found myself growing to love them more and more each day. As I grew more and more obsessed with wolves, I found myself venturing out more and more into the woods, avoiding being inside as much as possible. It's only been up until about 6 or 7 years ago that I truly began to act differently than I used to. Instead of obsessing over wolves and lycans, I began acting like one, in the manner of showing my teeth when I was angry, something I did often, and staring at the moon for long periods of time. About 2 years ago was when I first had thoughts of actually WANTING to howl or whimper at the moon, something that truly scared me. I believed that if people found out about my 'little secret' I would be shunned and pushed away. I still think of whimpering to the moon, but I try to avoid it because usually when I get the chance, there's always someone around or I would rather stare than whimper. Anywho, I became depressed for a short while. My mentality was 'Why couldn't I have been born a wolf?' But I  soon got over it. I met a friend who was just as obsessed with animals as I was, though she loved tigers. She was in a similar situation with her 'tigerness' and we became close friends. This led to me recovering from my depression and I began the new mentality 'If I can't have a tail and ears, I'll imagine it.' This is self explanitory...Then one day while I was watching Animal Planet's 'Most Extreme' I watched a guy explain about his being a furry and I began to wonder about myself and others like me. I was in denial, thinking I was a freak or that something was wrong with my head. Then, believe it or not, it was the New Moon trailer that really made me think, 'Am I a furry?' I was in a denial the whole afternoon as I studied and read up, but by the end of the day, I had calmed my fears, knowing I probably was a furry, and joined FF. Now here I am, still trying to convince myself entierly about this whole furry thing...

Kinda long, I know, but it's an elaborate story and this goes back a LONG way. Like 10 years back long.

Offline Wolface

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2009, 09:29:17 AM »
you have a good story Rosi  :D
Proud to be Furryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Fur Code = FCW6a>CW6a~CW6a A C- D H+++ M- P++ R+ T+++ W Z Sm++ RLMH a- cn++ d- e- f++ h* iw+++ j p* sm
http://winterwolf.co.uk/furcode

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2009, 04:54:52 PM »
Weeell.... I've always drawn animals my entire life. My favorite ones to draw were wolves, and eventually I started drawing anthro wolves. Also, I've always had dreams that I could control... And I loved turning into a wolf.

So, right now I'm thinking I might be a wolf furry... But I'm not sure. I'm still a new furry and unsure if everone would be like "Well, you just DECIDED to be one, then? That means you're really NOT one!"... So yeah. But I'm pretty sure I'm a furry.  :)

that's just the thing, for as far as i know; being a furry is mostly as simple as having a interest in anthropomorphic animals, or simply relating to animals in some cases. loads of people in the fandom switch around their fursona until they find one that they find fitting.

Offline Jacen the Folf

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox-Wolf
  • Coloring: Orange-Brown Fur, Cream chest and jaw, black paws and forearms
  • Height: 5"11
  • Weight: 130
  • Build: Lean, thin, and slightly muscular
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2009, 05:51:58 PM »
It really started because of my expirences on Xbox Live.

Through a Halo 3 clan I joined I was introduced to two very good friends of mine. It turns out they were both Furrys. Curious as to what a "Furry" was I asked them and they told me. Admittedly at first I thought that the whole idea was wierd and it kinda creeped me out and I thought no more of it for a long time.

Fast forward to a Month ago where I had a project for my English class. In it our teacher asked us several questions in order to find out who we were. One of the questions he asked us was what would be our Spirit Animal. I had never thought of that before. Thinking through all the animals I knew of and their characteristics I found a Fox fit me the best for their cleverness, intellegence, and for relative lack of physical strength.

As I got home that day I couldn't get the idea of relating to a fox out of my mind. It reminded me so much about what my friends told me about being a furry. The weird thing for me was that I liked the idea! Doing a little more research I found a lot of things that I had in common with other furrys.

In the end I decided to join the Furry Fandom and my fursona changed into a Folf to match my mixed heritage......

Pet's name: Jacen
Adopt your own!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2009, 04:37:41 PM »
I probably found out I was a furry when I was 6 or 7...maybe younger. I was really into werewolves, foxes, sharks, etc. I would always write about them, and wondered how awesome it would be to really be one. So I came here. :D

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2009, 05:35:55 PM »
Ha!... read my signature......  :D ........... Ive always loved the idea of being able to change into an animal or antropomorphic character......... (just read my signature)
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Silver

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dusty silver all over with black paws
  • Height: 6'3
  • Weight: Light, never actually thought about it
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2009, 01:19:47 AM »
I guess it started with being able to control my dreams, i had been drawn to wolves and canines all my life, then when i could control my dreams changing into one and running free just seemed perfect to me
I do not seek, i find!

Offline Moonraiser

• The Nightwalker
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Werewolf
  • Coloring: Black fur
  • Height: 6 Feet
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: lean
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2009, 07:26:53 AM »
well mine took a while to develop. As a kid i really liked animals but i never could decide which one was my favorite til about highschool where I took a huge fancy to the wolf. such great creatures i thought, they really fascinated me. For about a year or so i became a really big wolf fan, and before i knew it I started to want to be just like them. Also on top of that i have always had a big fascination of wererwolves, which drived my feelings forward. for a while i had to keep these feelings and fantasys a secret in fear that people would think of me as crazy. It wasn't until about a couple days ago i found out that there are many people just like me that also want to be like an animal of some sort. And so that is my story on how I became a furry.

Offline RosiWolf

• Dancing Dragon
    • Roslin's Bowl
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycan Wolf
  • Coloring: Color Varies: Brown/White/Black
  • Height: 3'7'' Shoulder
  • Build: Lean and muscular
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2009, 02:33:05 AM »
Same here, same here...I just always had a fascination with werewolves, but I found myself disgusted by the cruel, red eyed demonic werewolves I saw on Google images and Photobucket. I always thought 'Werewolves should be shown as majestic, beautiful creatures; not these slavering, cruel animals.'