The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127115 times)

Offline Grimlock0302

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • "Well, what about aggressively nice people?"
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: Around 5'9"
  • Weight: Around 120 lbs
  • Build: Slim guy. A little effeminate.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Livin' life to the furriest!
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #1065 on: August 11, 2015, 06:47:13 PM »
Renamon. Nuff' said.
I see beauty in everything...man or woman ;)

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
« Reply #1066 on: August 15, 2015, 05:03:03 PM »
Never grew out of humanoid animals from a young age, it was predestined :P
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline Teanup

• Boisterous Bear
  • Probably wants to hug you right now
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Normal fox colors.
  • Height: 1.5 meters
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Sorta skinny. Again: sorta
  • Currently: Being a furry... and stuff. Yeah.
« Reply #1067 on: August 16, 2015, 07:19:51 PM »
Can you please put "a" in the space between become and furry? My inner grammar nazi disapproves.
I'm a fox who just likes to derp around.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline KayaTheBandit

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Banded Mongoose
  • Coloring: Icey blue, royal blue, and steel grey.
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: Curvy but skinny
  • Currently: Sleepy~
« Reply #1068 on: August 18, 2015, 05:38:19 PM »
I was watching tv at home one weekend and Tosh.0 came on. He had a web redemption of this furry guy freaking out on his webcam about furry haters and they did a skit of everyone in poorly made mascot suits. And Tosh was making fun of the guy and the whole fandom horribly. But I got curious about what the furry fandom was and I found out what it was really about and became a fur :) a bit strange xD

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Work Until Your Idols Become Your Rivals
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a light tan underbelly, dark brown hair that hangs over her right eye, has blue eyes
  • Height: about 5 feet
  • Weight: 106.9
  • Build: thin, female build
  • Currently: meh
« Reply #1069 on: August 21, 2015, 07:30:05 PM »
Well, I always enjoyed games and movies with anthros in them. At first when I was younger I would be stunned at how cool they looked. I would draw them (and failed) I would pretend to be animals and walk on two legs.  When I was around 11-12 I started looking up how to draw them, at the time I didn't know they were called furries and very popular. In the midst of my search I discovered a wiki that told me about furries and all about the fandom, I was shocked and rather happy that there was a fandom dedicated to my liking in anthros. So at 12 I became a furry. I was shy about it and when I noticed all the hate this fandom got, it crushed my hopes and I slowly drifted from the fandom. But later I decided it was silly and got back into the fandom. At 13 (now) I started looking for a forum and making my fursona. I chose a wolf as my fursona and named her Topaz. I soon started drawing and practicing how to draw furs as well. Now I'm happy to be a part of this fandom and I will defend it from hate!

(Holy cow this was long! Sorry)
  • Avatar by: lineart by Rits-Blitz
"we do have a lot in common.
The same earth, the same air, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... Well, who knows." - Meowth

Offline Aldebar

• Avid Aardvark
  • Shag Carpet
    • DeviantArt
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: Bovine (Yak/Bison)
  • Coloring: Blacks, dark browns, white outline around ice blue eyes.
  • Height: 7'6"
  • Build: Stocky, a bit thick
  • Currently: Staying strong.
« Reply #1070 on: August 22, 2015, 12:17:18 AM »
Like others, I've just always loved animals. When I was very young I loved dogs and would draw dog-people on skateboards and whatnot, and in elementary school I was often making up my own creatures and was a huge fan of both Pokemon and Digimon. I joined an online board centered around Super Smash Bros for the N64 where I represented myself with a rusty red fox character.

When I got a little older, I got into the Redwall books and joined a Redwall message board, where I learned what role-playing was and how to write with others. On a board dedicated to the Star Fox games, I finally learned what furries were. Somehow I ended up on another board about werewolves, on which I met someone who encouraged me to come to BigFurs with him. I then spent years frequenting furry IRC channels and it kind of carried on from there.

For me, furry is an interest I talk about online and I've always been too shy to bring it into my online life. Admittedly, I consider myself a role-player and a fan of fantasy first and foremost, and my current alter-ego is a bit more beastly than your average anthro.

Offline DarkWolf0626

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Gray Wolf
  • Coloring: Black and Grey
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 180
  • Build: Strong
  • Currently: Happy :3
« Reply #1071 on: August 22, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »
Well I use to hate furries and despise them. So I decided to join a furry kik chat and try to steal a account. I stole one then I looked back on my decision and thought furries are nice. So I made a sona and join this forums and so far that's it.
Hello :3

Offline SuperSimoholic

• Vibrating Furby
  • Susim the House Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Exotic Shortair
  • Coloring: Chinchilla
  • Build: Round and squishy
« Reply #1072 on: August 26, 2015, 02:46:20 PM »
I always liked anthros, since I was a kid. I used to draw (mostly) cat people when I was very young, and much more recently I made a race of amphibious people that are like frogs with rabbit ears, and they have long tails that are like horse tails and long hair coming from the tips of their ears... I call them 'Amanians'.
A friend from school told me, when I was like 13, about an online social game called Furcadia and I've been playing on and off ever since. I never really admitted that I was furry until recently, but now I see it was kind of super obvious.

I think the thing that pushed me into thinking "Ok, there's no denying it, I'm furry" is when I decided I wanted a fursuit. I want to make one, and go to conventions, and meet people and all that good stuff.

Offline Thompson Foxworth

• Avid Aardvark
  • Well isn't this a pickle...
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Marble Fox/Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: White fur, black inner ear and pads, black tipped tail. Black foots and paws. Shortened muzzle. The black and white parts of my fur are separate by red fur
  • Height: 5, 10
  • Weight: 111 lbs
  • Build: Tall and Lean.
  • Currently: Assassinating
« Reply #1073 on: August 29, 2015, 09:53:05 PM »
I was just curious about the fandom and I checked out a forum, this is the first one that popped up, now Thompson Foxworth exists, the end.

Offline warfox

• Avid Aardvark
  • lead me through each gentle step by step
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: lean,somewhat muscular
  • Currently: feeling lonely,bored, insane
« Reply #1074 on: August 30, 2015, 10:38:02 PM »
im almost positive its in my blood ^_^
stay low, move fast, shoot first, die last,one shot, one kill,no luck,pure skill

if death strikes before I prove my blood, I swear ill kill him

heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags

Offline L4BY_

• Maze Designer // DDR Player // Coaster Enthusiast
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver fox
  • Coloring: Grey and dark grey fur, white on some areas, green eyes.
  • Height: Slightly smaller than the average size
  • Build: Average // Can be feral or anthro
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Probably in some arcade right now playing DDR
« Reply #1075 on: September 05, 2015, 10:52:22 PM »
I've always been a fan of foxes, and used to often have dreams as a kid where I saw myself progressing in an environment as that animal. That got me liking transformations, wondering what it would be like to live as another specie, gender or person.

Two years and a half ago, I was really depressed and felt like my life was useless and was going nowhere. I imagined a different life where I'd be an animal and life would be a lot more peaceful and have more sense to me. I also played a lot of Minecraft at the time, so in April 2013 I changed my MC skin to a fox and created some kind of fox ego on the forums I used to go on attached to the servers I played.

In the summer, a group of people also possessing animal characters invited me to join me. We were the CraftedFurs of CraftedMovie. The founder, Lupi, told me more about his characted and said it was more feral than furry. I asked him what's the meaning of "furry" and he showed me stuff about the fandom.

In September, I moved to a new school and tried right on the first day to make friends. The first guy I spoke to played Minecraft and we had a lot in common like art and gaming. So we had a walk in a park next door and I told him more about myself, stuff I like and told him about my passion for anthros.

He replied : Me too! So the first guy I meet, the first ever friend I've made is a furry. So together we learned stuff about the fandom (we both discovered the fandom in the summer but been liking anthros for a pretty long time) and from that we started creating our fursonas and officially calling ourselves furries.

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #1076 on: September 06, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »
 I was kind of always surrounded by the furry culture, because in Japan, furry characters in anime movies are a bit of a norm. I truly discovered it when I ran across something on the internet. I don't really remember. I just seem to remember discovering there was a whole community out there and saying this looks like fun. I want to join. And then joining another furry forum, then coming here.
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Karric

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: husky
  • Coloring: electric blue and white
  • Height: 5foot 10
  • Build: muscular
  • Currently: bored
« Reply #1077 on: September 06, 2015, 07:42:49 PM »
yeah we never just stumble across other furs in England

Offline HarleyFox

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Currently: Looking at the Sky and Smiling
« Reply #1078 on: September 08, 2015, 05:44:07 AM »
Sonic the Hedgehog. I used to be a massive fan of his games. I played all of them dozens of times but once i met Tails, everything changed. I literally fell in love with that little cute fox. His personality, his cuteness, his passion for planes and technology, it was like a kick in my chest hehe.

One day, i was looking for pics on Google and the word "Furry" came up. Damn! How could i miss this for so long! A few years later, i'm here  ^_^
You're a half a world away
But in my mind I whisper every single word you say.
And before you sleep at night
You pray to me, your lucky star, your singing satellite.

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Work Until Your Idols Become Your Rivals
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a light tan underbelly, dark brown hair that hangs over her right eye, has blue eyes
  • Height: about 5 feet
  • Weight: 106.9
  • Build: thin, female build
  • Currently: meh
« Reply #1079 on: September 08, 2015, 08:07:34 PM »
Sonic the Hedgehog. I used to be a massive fan of his games. I played all of them dozens of times but once i met Tails, everything changed. I literally fell in love with that little cute fox. His personality, his cuteness, his passion for planes and technology, it was like a kick in my chest hehe.

One day, i was looking for pics on Google and the word "Furry" came up. Damn! How could i miss this for so long! A few years later, i'm here  ^_^

Man, I love sonic the hedgehog, and the other characters. My childhood game series!
  • Avatar by: lineart by Rits-Blitz
"we do have a lot in common.
The same earth, the same air, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... Well, who knows." - Meowth