The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127090 times)

Offline Heartandsoul

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Currently: happy
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #1050 on: July 06, 2015, 08:26:15 PM »
ive always been attuned to animals, they seem to automatically love me no matter their personalities even really aggressive animals will let me stroke them they will curl up on my lap or at my feet haha and ive always preffered animals to humans for company although i do have the exeption of my boyfriend Wes. ive also always had an obsession with werewolves, they seem so cool to me, I (and from my profile pick you might guess) like worgens the most as they wear armor and weapons and i always thought it was soo cool and they are adorable (cataclysm was dream expansion) then i started to look at anthropomorphic art and I found I really liked it and its a dream of mine to be able to draw it to a great standard someday!. thats how it started and since this obsession my favourite animal is Wolf, wolf for life haha. my favorite character? Wolf O'donnel

oh I also played sly cooper, star fox and ratchet and clank when I was a kid
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:30:43 PM by Heartandsoul »
  • Avatar by: me using ancient and advanced print screen and crop techniques
hello, by reading this you are officially awesome, I decree it so! nobody can say it otherwise you are officially awesome

Offline Henri

• Avid Aardvark
  • Your normal every day furry
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Draconequus
  • Coloring: black, white, yellow, red, orange, green, blue, brown.
  • Height: 6.3
  • Weight: 155 lbs
  • Build: Light athletic but strongly built.
  • Currently: So-so
« Reply #1051 on: July 06, 2015, 08:40:29 PM »
I became a furry pretty much the fist time a layed my eyes on a photo of a furry, which was when I was twelve or so (I grew up on a farm or several farms growing up and never really new of the Internet till I was twelve). I really enjoy being a furry as the people/furries are all so nice and really encuraged and gave life to the little social life that I had then I'm now sixteen and really want to go to anthrocon but can as my family doesn't know, and I don't know of any in the Toronto area.
Just you average every day furry

Offline FizzyPaws

• Vibrating Furby
  • Your blue Malahuskolf friend.
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan Malamute, Siberian Husky, Wolf mix
  • Coloring: Cobalt
  • Height: 5'7''
  • Weight: Noneyabusiness
  • Build: Tall, curvy
  • Currently: Excited
« Reply #1052 on: July 06, 2015, 10:36:11 PM »
When I was about 4-5, I found about Sonic through two old toys that were my sister's; they were a plastic bendy Sonic and Amy. My dad then bought me my first Sonic game, which was Sonic '06 (a lot of people don't like that one, but that game was my childhood). I then started drawing Sonic characters all the time, and eventually, I wanted to be like Sonic. I even had my own Sonicsona (or whatever you'd call it). I got into Digimon at around the age of 9-10, and there are quite a few anthropomorphic Digimon. I then discovered fursuits by accident while looking at pictures of Digimon: it was a Renamon fursuit. For a while I wanted one, and I didn't know you could make them on your own, so I felt hopeless at getting one (because ya' know, they're like $2000). Later that year, I made my very first fursona (that wasn't my Animal Jam Arctic Wolf), and she was a white wolf named Rupa. I then went on a trip to Micheals with my step-dad, and I saw this amazing book: Draw More Furries. I instantly loved the animal characters featured in it. I couldn't get it, but I looked up how to draw furries, and stuff like that, and started drawing them more and more. In 2013, I got my step-dad to make me an Anubis costume, because I was obsessed with Kane Chronicles, and so that's technically my first fursuit. It's made of cardboard, duct tape, spray paint, and features LED eyes (which the battery is now dead for one of them) and was worn like a hat, rather than a mask (so I could wear it to school). It still holds up well today, and it's water proof, so cardboard isn't all that bad of a material if you do it right. The summer of 2014, I figured out what a fursuit was, thanks to this website: http://www.matrices.net/ and I've wanted to make one ever since. I will finally be starting on my first one soon! That's pretty much my furry life up until this point. (sorry it's so long)
  • Signature art by: Rebecca Sugar

Offline Erasmuth

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Chrysocyon brachyurus
  • Currently: Woof is back!
« Reply #1053 on: July 07, 2015, 03:36:49 AM »
Well, I always loved animals and the like, but that's not really what got me into being a furry.  Really, it was furry music videos x3  Particularly the furry music vids made by wolfknight1990 on youtube. 

Believe it or not, at first I was one of those normies that thought furries were weird... not to the point of bigotry mind you, but I had a little misunderstanding about what being a furry was.  But by watching his videos day after day, I started liking the art more.  Then I got started watching how one makes a fur suit by his incomplete "How to make a head" vid.  Then con vids, which I found hilarious! (2 & kage 4 evar!  :* ).

So, through the constant exposure and desire to learn more about furries, I eventually ended up making my own fursona and mingling in the fandom as a fully fledged fuzzbutt ^^

Offline Radio

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Lonely
    • www.furrypile.co.uk
    • Awards
« Reply #1054 on: July 13, 2015, 09:04:13 PM »
I've always been interested in animals as beauteous creatures that seem to have life figured out more so than humans do. My mind always imagined alternative realities where these creatures were actually able to communicate with us as to how they live their lives. Eventually, I began to create a world in my mind where i would be one of these creatures. Namely a canine. I specified more as i came to see how nice wild dogs looked in general before having a definite mindset of how my character at this point would look. Then the internet happened...
Would like very much to become a mod one day!

Offline tengu42

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: American Shorthair Cat
  • Coloring: Two-tone Grey and White
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Blasie, hanging out waiting for Tuesday.
« Reply #1055 on: July 18, 2015, 07:39:30 PM »
I've felt an innate connection will felines for a long time, but I wouldn't have identified as a furry until about 12 years ago. Prior to that I really hadn't come across the term furry, or the fandom. I've always enjoyed and prefered and enjoyed anthrocentric entertainment, but didn't really have a fursona as such until highschool. Thats about when I started using the internet to search out content, and stumbled across the fandom. I finally had a concept which I could identify with. Been with the fandom ever since.
  • Avatar by: You caught me. I did it.

Offline Teanup

• Boisterous Bear
  • Probably wants to hug you right now
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Normal fox colors.
  • Height: 1.5 meters
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Sorta skinny. Again: sorta
  • Currently: Being a furry... and stuff. Yeah.
« Reply #1056 on: July 23, 2015, 06:28:43 PM »
I've always been interested in animals as beauteous creatures that seem to have life figured out more so than humans do. My mind always imagined alternative realities where these creatures were actually able to communicate with us as to how they live their lives. Eventually, I began to create a world in my mind where i would be one of these creatures. Namely a canine. I specified more as i came to see how nice wild dogs looked in general before having a definite mindset of how my character at this point would look. Then the internet happened...

The internet both accepts and denies you, enlightens and leaves you for naught. It is everything, it is nothing. It is the mush and muck of the combined subconscious, the one entity, and the diverse millions.

Before I was a furry, I had a subconscious enjoyment for this sort of thing. I guess it was so insignificant my brain didn't point it out. I heard about it from a first-negative standpoint, and believed it at the time, but didn't bother thinking about it. As my interactions in the MLP fandom grew, I started hearing more, and figured that the negativity I hear so much about was probably a minority. It got on my brain so much (for no reason at all) that I looked up the history, and some stuff, and some more stuff, and then I signed up for the forums...
I'm a fox who just likes to derp around.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Dr. Grismond

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Opossum
  • Coloring: Dark grey/white
  • Height: 4ft 8in
  • Weight: 180 pounds
  • Build: Slightly overweight, bent over a walking stick
  • Currently: Inquisitive
« Reply #1057 on: July 23, 2015, 08:52:16 PM »
I suppose I have been a furry most of my life, just without knowing it. When I was little I played a lot of outdoor games that involved being an animal and I have always found an attraction to games or cartoons with a anthropomorphic animal as a protagonist. However it wasn't until I watched one of the Nostalgia Critic's old videos about a year ago that he used the word furry to describe a group of people I haven't heard of before. So, naturally curious, I looked up what a furry was and I found that it may be something I could fit right into. I have cycled through some fursonas and read webcomics like TwoKinds but it wasn't until around now that I wanted to be involved more directly in the community.

I suppose speed running Sonic 3 all day as a kid finally paid off somehow  XP

Offline Reckless

• The Wicked Reck
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White She Wolf
  • Currently: I wanna be someone's girlfriend. Like...seriously.
« Reply #1058 on: July 30, 2015, 12:45:28 PM »
Since the first day i saw animal planet
 B)
MOOD/STATUS: I'm Back

Offline Teanup

• Boisterous Bear
  • Probably wants to hug you right now
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Normal fox colors.
  • Height: 1.5 meters
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Sorta skinny. Again: sorta
  • Currently: Being a furry... and stuff. Yeah.
« Reply #1059 on: July 30, 2015, 05:42:24 PM »
I suppose I have been a furry most of my life, just without knowing it. When I was little I played a lot of outdoor games that involved being an animal and I have always found an attraction to games or cartoons with a anthropomorphic animal as a protagonist. However it wasn't until I watched one of the Nostalgia Critic's old videos about a year ago that he used the word furry to describe a group of people I haven't heard of before. So, naturally curious, I looked up what a furry was and I found that it may be something I could fit right into. I have cycled through some fursonas and read webcomics like TwoKinds but it wasn't until around now that I wanted to be involved more directly in the community.

I suppose speed running Sonic 3 all day as a kid finally paid off somehow  XP

Why am I the one with such a s**ty childhood?
I'm a fox who just likes to derp around.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Golden Lucario

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Pokemon
  • Coloring: Gold / Black / White / Grey
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 185 lbs
  • Build: Fit
  • Currently: Golden Text! x3
« Reply #1060 on: July 31, 2015, 02:38:22 PM »
My mom and dad had sex and boom, thus I was created!

@.@
Yes.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #1061 on: July 31, 2015, 02:43:53 PM »
That  XD XD XD

So much funny
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Radio

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Lonely
    • www.furrypile.co.uk
    • Awards
« Reply #1062 on: July 31, 2015, 03:07:03 PM »
Lol.
Wasn't expecting that.
Would like very much to become a mod one day!

Offline Reckless

• The Wicked Reck
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White She Wolf
  • Currently: I wanna be someone's girlfriend. Like...seriously.
« Reply #1063 on: July 31, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »
I've seen better.
MOOD/STATUS: I'm Back

Offline jinrui gaku

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Coloring: Light brown, dark purple, light purple.
  • Height: 6,2
  • Weight: 183 lbs
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: polishing surgical equipment.
« Reply #1064 on: August 04, 2015, 07:32:41 PM »
Werewolves, wolves, dogs and cats were a big thing for me. Ever since i was little i had always been delighted to watch movies or read books that had, anthropomorphic, feral animals within. However i had only recently discovered the term furry a few years or so back.
~
Jinrui
Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love ~ Rumi