The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New Style?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
New Style?
« on: May 18, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »
I've recently started to draw in a new art style and I'm wondering whether I should continue to draw like this...
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/flameshedgehog/NewStylePractice.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/flameshedgehog/EnergyAttack.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/flameshedgehog/RagingAura.jpg
I'm sorry to say that i still don't have a scanner, so I'm stuck using my lowish-quality camera...  :th_PyongLlora:
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: New Style?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:33:16 AM »
That's really your choice. What are you more comfortable with? That's the big thing. If you aren't comfortable with that style, you're more than likely to screw up a picture or get bored with it.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 12:56:48 PM »
That's really your choice. What are you more comfortable with? That's the big thing. If you aren't comfortable with that style, you're more than likely to screw up a picture or get bored with it.
I'm okay with all the styles I use, I just don't know which one is better artistically...
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »
Nothing wrong with any of them, they all still have your own artistic tint to them. Maybe you should think more about using a specific one on a specific picture then overall. For example, if its a fight scene use the one where he is gonna throw the energy ball. (Hadukin :P)

ephemral

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:16:34 PM »
Go ahead start using it...and what ever else.
Don't limit yourself too much. If you want, try sketching a work out in different styles.
This is a good way to gage or practice your basic art skills.