The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Place where the Heavens break.....  (Read 8299 times)

scarypuppy

The Place where the Heavens break.....
« on: April 14, 2008, 02:32:18 AM »
"The sky.....bled......a deeper red than anything I had ever seen."

the skies of Vertist are a deep shade of gray, stemming from the thick layers of clouds that cover the entire planet. Little to no life is present in most areas, with the few hospitable lands being crowded to the brim with beings searching for refuge.....

but...as life bustles, expands, creates, within the dark reaches of the planet's "Dead Zones" something dwells, something that snatches people from their homes, or more recently, makes entire towns become empty, barren husks of buildings, their inhabitant's fate left to the ugliest of minds.

Yerko, a small settlement within a dead zone is beginning to expand, more and more of the gnarled Goor trees being cleared, more and more people filing into it, trying to leave the crowded slums of the metropolices.
The beings not of the dark of this planet have no knowledge of the beings outside the walls of their cities or towns.......

that is soon to change.....

Im not revealing any more of the story till people join.

it will basically have no central point or plot, just disjointed quests and missions.
the start point is Yerko, about the size of San Diego, California, small compared to a city such as LA or New York

Drop of Descriptions and your current status:

Name:
Species:
Worker Class: (Ex. Factory worker, business man, woodsman, so on so forth)
Quirks:
Special Abilities:

*Note, the only established military force is the Colonial Defense Guard, so if you want to be a soldier, list yourself as either a Foot soldier, Steam Soldier, Officer.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Re: The Place where the Heavens break.....
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 04:30:17 AM »
What kinda timeline we looking at, Middle ages, presant, future ect.

Name: Tezztor
Species: Raptor
Military Class: Officer
Quirks: Values honor, Not extremely friendly, very moral and rigid in his ways.
Special Abilities: Melee Combat Master with tooth, claw and tail. Good marksman. magically resistant and Immune to mind tampering.

Tezztor stands firm in a room filled with the sound of bleeps and bloops from many military screens and equipment. The room was lit with resemblance of a neon nightclub. In the center a few great minds beamed over a table computer.

"Very little is known about the invaders sir, all attempts to study or capture a specimen have failed." The lead scientist explained to Tezztor

"We need to get some kind of data on thesse creatures. The citizens of thiss city are disappearing and the military is being called in to handle the problem. But I don't fancy ssending in my boys till I know what we are up against." Tezztor said, obviously concerned by the lack of recon.

The Mayor turned to Tezztor a bit fustrated with the situation. "All do respect general, I wish you all would be a bit more quick to get in there and stop whatever is killing my citizens. Also we got Yerko, a growing settlement outside of the city, we don't want whatever is in there to spread to it."

"Ssending troops in there without proper intel isn't going to help mayor. We'd jusst be adding more MIA to the list" Tezztor said sternly

Offline XXxMaximuMXXx

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • ~Playtime~*paw print*
    • Awards
  • Species: waolf < wolf fox cat
  • Coloring: black with white tips on ears and paws, tail slightly a dark musty red/black. tattos are dark blue and her eyes are deep blue unless she goes into a trance which means they go blue and red.
  • Height: 5ft.6
  • Weight: 7 1/2 stone
  • Build: slim,stubborn and feisty! <for fun
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 01:40:04 PM »
((may i join in))

Name:Molly
Species:wolf
Worker Class: (Ex maid,nurse and vetetarian)
Quirks:very honourable, great confidence and cares about most things but can be stubborn
Special Abilities:see the future and can shapeshift,telekinesis

scarypuppy

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 09:00:18 PM »
time range is dystopian future, kind of how you described it

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
Name: Arke
Species: Coyote
Worker Class: Agricultural worker, but is doing volunteer time with the CDG.
Quirks: Loyal to those he trusts, cold to those he doesn't. He is usually quite gently but does have a bit of a short fuse.
Special abilities: Frighteningly accurate with his rifle, a bolt action weapon which he uses without a scope out of personal preference.

Arke sits in a makeshift guard tower that looked as if it might have been an old radio tower. Looking down at the area, he couldn't help but think of the book he was reading, about a world that had moved on. Of course he had yet to meet a gun-toting savior with a troubled past, so the book did him little good now. He adjusted his helmet, which was big on him and probably useless against whatever was out there, and made sure his rifle was in firing order.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 10:01:04 PM »
Name: Ceri
Species: Wolf
Worker Class: Woodsman (or woodswoman. whichever)
Quirks: Short tempered, easy to trust, usually acts indifferent to thnigshappening around while paying close attention, stubborn
Special Abilities: can shift into a horse, feline, or canine. Accurate in chopping someones head off :) (lol)

Ceri strolled along a narrow path in the woods, looking for a tree to chop down. Her quota for the day was almost finished. Then she could retire to her lodge in the heart of the woods. "I should go in town and see what's going on. I'm in need of suppiles anyway." She chuckled darkly, setting her sights on a wispy pine tree a meter or two from the clearing up ahead. Her eyes narrowed as a jay called from above her head.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

scarypuppy

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 11:52:34 PM »
the darkness shrouded peace surrounding the outskirts of yerko hissed in an awful silence, wisps of fog trailing and curling like fingers, enticing any near the edge of the woods.

A broken electrical fence stands gaping open, a few shreds of flesh the only indication of forced entry....suddenly....the massive roaring generators shreik and shut down, casting the city into enveloping darkness......and that is when the baying of the beasts began....

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 12:02:44 AM »
The lights of the briefing room flickered and went out, causing a few curious gasps from the inhabitants of the room. Seconds later the room lit up with the glow of red.

"Lookss like they are at it again. Sound the alarmss get all available personnel at the ready. " Tezztor ordered to the Lt in the room as he walked torwards, then out of the door. He made his way outside, scientist and the mayor in tow as well as two guards. "Seal the gatess, if anything tries to get in, kill it."

"General! What about the civilians inside and those in the town?" the Mayor asked frantically.

"Get the civilians in the bunker. Those outside will have to fend for themselvess" he replied with a stern voice.

"But..." the Mayor tried to say before being interupted

"Mayor I can undersstand your concern but we musst maintain a base of operations in the area or we will be of no help to anybody in the city." Tezztor explained.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 12:06:27 AM »
He curses as the floodlights of his guard tower go out, leaving him in the darkness until his eyes can adjust. He grabs his handheld radio, hoping he was in range of someone who knew what was going on. "This is Yerko watchtower four, I've got a problem with my floodlights. Anyone know what's going on? Over." His other hand is tight on his rifle, eyes scanning the land below. And then he heard them... "Watchtower four, there's something out here. Can I get some reinforcements, over?"

scarypuppy

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 12:08:54 AM »
Loud Baying erupted from the smaller outposts on the city's right flank, frantic radio calls being sent through on the emergency line, calls for support, Ammunition, medical equipment, weapons, all were clogging the systems at main central control. Within minutes, the calls became silenced, one, by one, by one. Soon, the smaller last defence posts were filling in the void, calling about rapidly moving targets, swarm attacks, where when one fell three took its place.

one call shreiked louder than the others, coming from the main defence corridor, "We have a break in the line, withdrawing to last stand positions, Over."

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 12:13:34 AM »
Yells and orders can be heard echoing through the dimly lit base, soldiers running here and there around them. Trucks lights being turned on the give light in the absense of power. A request for reinforcements comes through the radio

"I'll send two squads and a engineer your way tower four, keep me appraised of your sstatus over." Tezztor barked through the radio, trying to overdo the sound of the helicopter in the background taking off to give searchlight support.

"Sir we don't know for sure if our weapons will effect them" the scientist said worried.

"Pray they do" Tezztor replied unsure.

scarypuppy

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 12:19:00 AM »
Shreiks, shouts, gunfire and explosions can be heard ripping through the smaller outposts, a few city blocks erupting into urban combat zones, bodies of civillians, soldiers and the beasts themselves litter the streets. "Sir, our weapons are effective, I repeat, effective, but their numbers are too great, we need to initiate The Arc's Light, I Repeat, Initiate The Arc's Light on sector 4 through 7." the call came from a wounded but still fighting major on the city's blazing flank, motioning for his remaining troops to withdraw, "dont be within the blast radius."

Note: the Arc's Light is a massive anti-Freak weapon that basically vaporizes any and all living things within a certain range, scarring buildings while leaving them relatively intact, it is a last resort weapon, discharge time.....5 seconds.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 12:19:52 AM »
Arke had abandoned his tower almost immediately after he had requested reinforcements. Now, he was frantically trying to hot wire a jeep. "Negative! Negative! Don't send anyone out here! Gods, they just keep coming! I'm falling back, and I recommend everyone else in the area do the same! These things-" His voice drops from the radio, the only audible sounds some kind of grunting. A shot is heard, followed by more grunting. "I... I don't know what they are, but there are too many of them." He sounds out of breath now. "I'm falling back to the wall. Tower four out."

scarypuppy

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 12:22:27 AM »
the beasts bayed louder and louder, their forms hidden by the dark, they quickly took advantage of the empty defence post and pushed into the city, eying the only moving vehicle in the sector.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 12:30:18 AM »
Sounds of gunfire can be heard off in the distance, the crackling of heavy weapons fire amongst the darkness of the night.

"We have recieved reports of outposts falling all over the area. We can not rissk a breach. Captian, order heavy artillery to bombard each hotzone." He said in earnest as he turned to the scientist. "If you have any ideas now would be the time to mention them."

"We just don't have the data s...sir" the scientist said wearily noticing the spotlights of the bases NE watchtower light up

Around the outpost being of unnatural origin raced torward the lines. Bullets flying through them, cutting them down in waves. But as each fell more came. The sound of heavy artillery can be heard booming in the background.

"They are here already! Prep the choppers get the civs out of here. All available personnel to the lines, we gotta protect the artillery, buy us ssome time" he yelled as he made his way to one of the defensive bunkers

Soldiers all around ran to the defensive positions, and the deafening fire of heavy support weapons could be heard. The general grabbed his pistol out of its holster and fired at the incomming assailants.