The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
Hello!
« on: December 06, 2023, 01:34:58 PM »
Hello everyone :3 I hope you're doing well.

I've been drawn to this fandom for a long time and finally thought I'd join a forum to meet and chat with the people who make it all happen (and fans too!).

I'm sadly not a talented artist, but I do enjoy making music.

Offline Weaver

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: White
  • Weight: 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Procrastinating
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 05:58:44 PM »
Hello there! Welcome aboard.

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 06:34:15 PM »
Thank you Weaver for your kind Greetings ^_^

Offline Firox

• I is very friendly! No worries
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (still reply to my other sonas, in signature)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox *Flareon*
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
  • Height: 3ft / 91 cm, lenght: 3ft 6in / 106cm, tail: 3ft 6in / 105cm
  • Weight: 38 lbs / 17kg
  • Build: playful, caring, competitive
  • Currently: friendly and full of fun - love chocolate chip cookies!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 04:33:54 AM »
Greetings and welcome there Wuff Wuff, hopefully I spelled it right, with low to not much vision left, going with what I hear on the screen reader.  Been this way since January of 2022.
Doesn't  prevent me from having such a good time with everyone here.

We would love to have new members that will be active as well, expect the forums for now to be quiet and somewhat 'lonely' or non replying for days, hopefully it does pick up soon.
I used to draw, not very well but good enough until my vision started to deteriorate. Now I can't even see my own writing, much less drawing.  Still have my Deviant Art link where all my drawings had been posted too.
As you can probably see from my avatar I drew myself, I'm a Pokemon fur, or here PokeFur.  I still love lots of of other animes, and real life species too.
Even if my avatar sona is based on a red fox, I do kind of have a slight preference to cats, as I do have 3 that I help to take care of. With almost no vision is so hard to take care of them, or do they help take care of me. *giggles*

My only instrument experience was in 2013 when I played with a full set of Tama Drums.

Sorry on so long - Welcome to TFF
Info on my sona
Vay, female, Vaporeon, New York CIty, New York
Joseph, male, Jolteon, Kansas City, Missouri
Aaron, male, Flareon, McMinnville, Oregon
Arval, male, Umbreon,  San Francisco, California
Jyo, male, Espeon, Seattle, Washington
Linette, female, Leafeon, Biloxi, Mississippi
Grace, female, Glaceon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sherrie, female, Sylveon, Las Vegas, Nevada

8 opposite gender mates:
Leonardo, male, Vaporeon, Venice, Italy
Robyn, female, Jolteon, Bridgetown, Barbados
Fleur, female, Flareon, Marseille, France
Aycan, female, Umbreon, Istanbul, turkey
Elise, female, Espeon, Basseterre, St. Kitts-Nevis
Zoran, male, Leafeon, Velez, North Macedonia
Florian, male, Glaceon, Craiova, Romania
Seth, male, Sylveon, Ashgabath, Turkmenistan

My other supporting sonas:
Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 05:11:53 AM »
Thanks Firox  :) I appreciate your warm welcoming words!

I'm amazed how well you've been able to adapt regarding your vision. As I gathered from the "counting" thread you're also a writer. Is there no way to fix it though  :( ?

I'll do my best  ^_^ I don't intend to just leave again. It can be a bit scary joining such a well established forum in which the core members have long since crystallized, but you've all been very welcoming  :3
I'm quite new to the fandom, well, in an active fashion at least. I've enjoyed the art style for a long time, but never had a sona. One day a very close friend of mine gave me the nick name "Wuff-Wuff" and that somehow stuck with me in a special way. A sort of inner picture of a friendly, kind and uplifting cute dog. A fantasy character I could escape to when I was feeling down.

I must say, ever since I looked after a friends cats while she was on holiday, I can understand anyones love for those little cute rascals  XP foxes are wonderful too!

Also, I'm not sure if it counts as furry, but Pokémon was an important franchise regarding my introduction to the fandom  ^_^ your sona is really cute!

Drums are great  :) the heart beat of a song

Offline Firox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 07:47:59 AM »
That's a fun nickname for sure, must bring you good memories.
My mane sona has two 'names' the first one is Aaron which I came  up with very recently,  inspiration from Aaron Sanchez, a celebrity chef of Mexican origin, the 'O' has that acute accent which I don't know how to type with the English keyboard.
The other common nickname I use a lot another friend who started the topic 'The Snack Den' came up with the combination of 'fire' and 'fox' the name Firox just stood with me, they came up with it almost when I joined in 2015.
I'll reply to any of those nicknames.  My other sona is Jyo the feline Pokemon known as Espeon.
I do have a few others all in my signature, but I keep them only in the topic 'The Snack Den', everywhere else on TFF just Firox to keep it easy.

No vision or commonly called blindness might have been shocking and frightening at first, getting used to it, and learning so much about it.  I'm also going to a place where I live in Seattle called DSB, or Department of Services for the Blind, where I'm learning just about everything, including my favorite part technology of how to use cell phones and laptop without the aide of vision. It's how I'm able to reply, once in a while you might notice a silly but simple mistake as in spelling a word wrong.
Hardest part was on Discord to be honest, nothing with me but with other friends who before would share drawings they found or made and wanted my opinion, then I had to let them know I wouldn't be able to see them.
At the moment I only have about one percent of vision left, maybe less, slight blurry dot  on the right side of my left eye, so not much. Everything else kind of like a bright light that overtakes the entire vision, kind of 'flash' that never goes away, but not outside the eye, but behind it so even if I blink or close eyes, that 'flash' never goes away.  It kind of does for me when I'm in deep sleep and dreaming, but as soon as I wake up, it returns again.
Doctor says it's permanent retinal damage due to complications of diabetes. 
Sorry on that long history part of me.

Happy funny moment.
I been a furry for years, likely since very little age, didn't know the word 'Furry' existed at all, learned about it almost when I joined in 2015.   I always loved cartoon animals since I was little, and  furry I just called them simply 'cartoons. until I learned the term 'furry'

Cats are so fun and interesting, and mysterious.
Aside from cats, also had  dogs mainly Chihuahuas, parrots, rats, guinea pigs, and even ferrets in the past.  My uncle had 3 scorpions at one time.

even if I don't play much instruments, I still kind of do that 'air guitar or air drumming when I listen to songs I love, and sometimes air-instruments used in songs.
Even if Metal s my main genre, I do listen to a bit of everything. If a song sounds good, no matter the genre, I'll listen to it.  Metal band 'Slayer' and 'Megadeth' are the two which I always have in my number one favorite spot, likely will always remain my top favorite.   The least known band that I enjoy lots of songs from is Carnival  Art, they only released three albums in the early 90s, never got popular aside from their only hit 'Mr. Blue Veins'.

My avatar was actually kind of inspired by my other friend here on TFF known simply as ? on the snack den,  where they gave me some funny ideas  for a Holiday related art, and I loved how it turned out, and  my Eevee ? friend suggested the colors for the present, box, and background.  Too bad I never got the chance to learn shading before my vision went bad.
Info on my sona

8 opposite gender mates:

Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 10:29:00 AM »
 ^_^ yeah, some days you just want to be the personification of a cute little furrball and it's so nice when someone else accepts that in a kind fashion.

Ah I see what you mean, an o with a dash going upwards. Do you enjoy cooking Firox  :)?
There's something so comforting when someone sees a certain aspect of you and gives it an endearing name. It's a very nice name I think  :D

:( oh man, I'm glad you're finding ways to live with it, without having to miss out on the things you enjoy like writing. It's inspiring to hear that. Perhaps it's not as romantic as I think, especially when it comes to trying to sleep, but that flash means you're always engulfed by light and not plundged into darkness~

Me too! I mean the idea has been around since forever now that I think about it  ^_^ fairy tales used animals a lot too.

Woah! Thats awesome  :D a real knack for care giving I see!

Well seeing as you're in Seattle, the birthplace of Jimi Hendrix, I'm not surprised that you've got a lively passion for music  :D I play guitar, bass, ukulele and sing. Been trying cajon and piano recently too.
Even after all these years I've yet to find a band as heavy as Slayer. The energy that they put into their music together with their brutality is crazy! As for Carnival Art; I have to give them a listen  :)

Ah man  :( you would've excelled in it, I'm sure. Still, I'm grateful theres still art out there you made  :)

Offline Firox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 02:08:12 PM »
Will reply in a PM so others can leave you welcoming messages if they ever do. Giggles*
Info on my sona

8 opposite gender mates:

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: isopod
  • Coloring: Green
  • Build: Cuddly
  • Currently: Chilling
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 04:03:03 PM »
Welcome to the forums Wuff Wuff! Hope you have a nice time here  ^_^

Would love to hear some of your music sometime  :D I’m more an artist myself- love music but don’t quite have the ear for making it hehe
  • Signature art by: me :)
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Sonas: Lumi - teal house cat | Beepy/Beewee - black house cat | Iso - green isopod | Juniper - blond house cat (it’s a little crowded in here isn’t it)

"Look at you. Sailing through the air majestically. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp." - GLaDOS (Portal 2)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2023, 05:34:59 PM »
Hi Ves  ^_^ thanks for welcoming me too!

I have some recordings which I"ve done with the band if you're interested  :)
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCI8y-ra-yOYOPl8gB6VaUVQ

Oh, and do you have a deviantart account as well Ves  :D? I love Art but my hands aren't all that crafty and I tend to expect way too much from myself (should stop doing that)

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: isopod
  • Coloring: Green
  • Build: Cuddly
  • Currently: Chilling
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2023, 08:34:21 PM »
Ooo just had a listen to some of your stuff - sounds great!  :D
  • Signature art by: me :)
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Sonas: Lumi - teal house cat | Beepy/Beewee - black house cat | Iso - green isopod | Juniper - blond house cat (it’s a little crowded in here isn’t it)

"Look at you. Sailing through the air majestically. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp." - GLaDOS (Portal 2)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2023, 03:42:55 PM »
 ^_^ thanks Ves, I'm glad the old recordings are appreciated.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2024, 11:09:35 AM »
Hey there nice to see new faces!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2024, 01:38:04 PM »
Hey Anoni  :D thanks for your warm welcome

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2024, 11:12:35 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Wuff-wuff! So glad to see fresh names!  XP :3 ;)

ZARA-RA!!