The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations IV: Monsters of the Past  (Read 13261 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Coalition Operations IV: Monsters of the Past
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2020, 07:50:05 AM »
Blaze and Shiela followed along for the small walk, it was very uneventful for them, though Blaze wondered, how long this settlement had been here and where all the resources to build the buildings had come from.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:04:10 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2020, 06:49:25 PM »
Ara took point and ran ahead to the church. He stopped in front of it to get a better look at the building. His mind ran, just like Zuka's. He reasoned, If these creatures have been here so long without detection... I wonder. Did this "Illuminated One" bring them here? Was this some sort of genetic experiment? Did this person, or whatever else, build this civilisation? Only one way to find out...
Cautiously, he stepped inside as he let his eyes wander across the room.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2020, 05:48:17 AM »
The inside of the church was starkly opposite to the village. Beautiful metal lined the walls and floor, etched and scratched with odd, misspelled phrases and pictographs. The little blue folk in here were dressed in robes, kept their heads bowed, and muttered nonsensical phrases under their breath. At the far end of the church sat what appeared to be a steel statue, the head illuminated with a blue light. To the Bohrar’s, it was the face of their prophet. The Illuminated One. However, the little metal orb was, to those with the knowledge, a Monitor. It’s gaze, denoted by the blue beam of light sweeping the floor, rested upon the visitors.
“Leave us,” a voice boomed. “I must judge these visitors.”
The Bohrar priests gasped and shuffled out quickly, making sure to scatter any peeping toms. Once the Bohrars dispersed, and with a little bit of effort, the Monitor dislodged itself from the statue.
“Thank the Forerunners you’re here. I couldn’t stand listening to those-those...simpletons! I cannot hold even a phantom of a complex discussion with them before they hit the dirt. Welcome! Welcome to Installation 07. And just in time, too.”

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2020, 06:03:26 PM »
"Am I the only one seeing this?" Shiela asked looking around the 'Church/Temple'
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2020, 09:21:24 PM »
"No, you're not the only one seeing this... my father often spoke of these Monitors, but to see them for myself..." Zuko paused. "... you, Monitor - first, I need your name, and second, what do you mean we're 'just in time'?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2020, 12:31:46 PM »
Ara couldn't believe it. The "Illuminated One", a monitor? And what was this "Installation 07" supposed to mean? He stood still, pondering the purpose and reason. It would appear this race was some sort of secret project after all. But, he could not think of a single reason for it. Not to mention why it was here, of all places. He added, "Not to mention, third: what's with this 'Installation 07' business?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2020, 02:05:00 AM »
“My designation is 07-117649,” the Monitor began, excitement almost tangible in its voice. “I wasn’t given a title. Installation 07 is, well, the seventh installation in the Array. But, from what little I could receive, it sounds like the UNSC have all but destroyed the Array. Installation 07’s second purpose, the brainchild of Builder Arch-of-Change. He believed there was a way to counter the Gravemind without destroying all life in the galaxy. And so, working with Lifeshaper Tu’um-Shaddak, created...those.” The silver bauble nodded towards the church door. “A brilliant idea, a creature that cannot be corrupted by the Gravemind, yet fully capable of fighting its offspring.” The Monitor stared toward the door for more than a few moments before shuddering. “Right! You’re just in time! The Iron Bears Mercenary Company has, from what I gather, started looking for either the control spire on this installation, or where the Flood are held.”

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2020, 02:55:39 AM »
Sheila thought for a moment "No, the UNSC Decommissioned the Array." She explained "Why do these people..." She paused looking around. "Worship you? Why are you here of all places, Are there any Flood on this installation?" the large pinke wolf in a set of armor that made her look like a giant bull with a skull for a head asked.

Blaze looked around the room. "Did these creatures build this place?" The nine tailed vixen asked.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2020, 05:07:57 PM »
07 bobbed in a sort of nod. “The Flood are here, yes. Locked behind a secret, secure vault. However, as is their nature, the Iron Bears seem to control this installation, be it an attempt to restore the array or, unlikely as it is, release the Flood. They are still secure, but they’re very close to the control spire. A misplaced explosive of enough yield could free the Gravemind‘s offspring.”

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2020, 12:49:47 PM »
Ara realised this was trouble. He had heard the stories. They were terrifying enough, but seeing them confirmed between the lines was worse. He shook his head. "Well! If you ask me, we don't want either scenario to happen. I'd say we get to the control spire pronto if we want to prevent disaster. Which way do we go?"