The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear  (Read 19201 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2019, 05:53:54 PM »
Almost as though on cue, the Draconis Furiam seemingly descended from the sky, and the gravity lift anchored onto the landing pad. Almost immediately after, BX-Series Commando Droids armed with Disruptor Auto Rifles began descending from the ship, down the lift, and onto the landing pad, and engaged the Xenomorphs. Xenos would have difficulty fighting the droids, as they were armored with an acid-resistant Durasteel/Cortosis/Beskar Triple Alloy plating, and the Disruptors would cut through their shells with ease. The droids would come down the lift and into the facility, as Viktor came over the radio, "Someone call for reinforcements?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2019, 12:36:50 AM »
In a room on board the ship Krystel had taken control of the commander BX-Droid  using a sort of VR helmet and  in a way her own telepathic powers to finely control the droid boosting it's  effectiveness, by remotly controlling the droid.  Her remote controled droid ripped through a Xeno with it's disruptor before  stabbing another with it's wrist mounted vibroblades.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2019, 05:34:00 PM »
Behind the droids, but over their heads, the icon of Malgus seemed to move of its own volition, Valentine obscured by the war machines. When they parted, leaving enough room for the raccoon girl to operate, she did. Bolts of blue lightning lanced from her palm, striking xenomorphs down without mercy. When one of the black creatures was struck, the unexpended energy jumped to those nearby, injuring or killing them haphazardly.

Offline Weaver

• Local Moderator
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: White
  • Weight: 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Procrastinating
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2019, 05:23:54 AM »
Lithian fired a few more rounds into the crowd of aliens, backing up as he did so. He could hear more creatures coming up from behind him. Lithian considered using his stasis mode again, but friendly fire was an issue with Ori coming back to help. That, and if he didn't escape now, he'd just be buried with the endless onslaught after his stasis ran out. At last with the flames and screeches of fear, Ori came to the rescue.

"Panicked? No. I stopped for a second and they tore the doors down!" Lithian glanced behind him, "Only shield damage taken. We need to get back to the others. There's a lot more excitement to be had." Speaking of excitement, combat droids were just deployed outside the facility at the landing pad. Lithian then turned to Ori, "Okay, do we want to regroup with the others, or head outside and help secure the landing pad? I'll follow your lead." He was more inclined to head to the pad. The big dragon could probably handle himself, and Lithian wasn't all that inclined to help him either. Still, leaving someone behind was a jerk move, and Lithian wasn't the one calling the shots anyway.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2019, 04:20:41 AM »
Sohdakin kept a steady stream of 10mm rounds down the hallway, blasting apart any Xenos that poked its ugly head through the breech in the door.  Unlike standard issue Pulse rifles, Sohdakin's rifle could keep sustained fire and not be restricted to short bursts.  While he was able to keep the Xenos at bay...mostly, their acidic blood was slowly melting a larger hole in the door so that more of them could push through.  The large Rohkah looked to Ori when she inquired if he could breath fire and while he could, now was not the time for a demonstration as his fire breath was short ranged, 10 feet at the most which against Xenos could spell death.  He did, however, have some other items in his arsenal that would work quite nicely.  "Go! Get Lithian, I got this!" he grunted and pulled out a large canister from his hip. "Fire in the hole!" he shouted, the only warning that Minthe and Ori would get before he chucked the canister like device down the hallway.  It spun through the air and at a pre-determined distance it began to release a fine mist cloud of gas that hung in the air like an eerie green fog while the canister continued to travel down the hallway.  It would ricochet off the wall and bounce through the open door.  Once it passed through he door and just as a Xenos broke through the green cloud, Sohdakin would lean forward as a port on his helmet would open briefly. A stream of fire erupted suddenly from the Rohkah, roasting the closest Xeno before it touched the gas and immediately all the gas ignited rapidly.  As Ori left the room she would feel all the air rush past her as the ensuing fireball sucked all the oxygen towards it, creating a vacuum to which it would pull any Xenos nearby towards the fireball, consuming all within in a fiery blaze.

Of course, the explosion and ensuing fireball caused the fire suppression systems to kick in and doused the area with a steady stream of liquid.  "We have incoming!" Sohdakin growled as the explosion did seem to push the Xenos back briefly, it did not deter them for long and it seemed they were now charging down he hallway en-mass. He began to fire his Heavy Pulse rifle at the incoming swarm, all the while he was yelling obscenities in the ancient Rohkah language.  While it may seem as though the large Rohkah was enjoying himself, he was constantly checking the map to see if Ori and Lithian were on their way back as he could really use some extra firepower.  When he was about to inquire as to when the two would arrive, he heard Viktor's message just as droids arrived to push the horde back.  "About time! I was getting close to needing a reload" he chuckled as he looked back at Minthe to make sure she was ok.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2019, 11:47:51 AM »
Before Ori could say anything, a Xenomorph jumped on top of her, effectively pinning her down. With almost no resistance, the vicious creature started to hit Ori' in the head. Luckily, her warframe was sturdy enough to mitigate the bug' attack, leaving nothing more but scratches on the suit' surface. The female Orokin knew that slamming the Xenomorph against the wall with her would surely cover her in acid. And as a result, it would mean her death. So she decided to use a tactic which Ori will use a little later. By using the air bending, she quickly got up, and then by spinning fast around her axis, so even Lithian could feel it, the Xenomorph has been thrown into a wall with high speed, forcing him to lose a concentration for a while. Its had provided enough time for Ori to finish the bug with a beam of dense flame before it did anything. Course, it was doable to prevent such situation if Lithian shoot the Xeno once it appeared. But luckily for him, Ori' reaction and actions were faster.

"Don't worry. I'm okay. Now, we should regroup with Sohdakin. Don't fall behind, please.". Ori said, and proceeded into the room with Sohdakin and Minthe, noticing droids deployment on the landing pad through the window. And she was right about her choice, hoping that Lithian was alongside with her. Truth told it was strange how none of the deadly beetles figured out to break the glass. And the girl hoped they wouldn't. The fire support was needed indeed, and this is what she was about to provide literally. Using her fire control abilities, she produced a generous portion of flame (similar to napalm) in the hallway, creating a wall of fire, which now separates the rescue team from the rushing Xenos. And Ori hoped it would give the team enough time to get out of here safely. That is why she continued to maintain the wall because of the fire suppression systems. As there was no time to search for a switch, which could turn off the system. The burning fire wouldn't let Xenos approach any further anyway. Hence her next speech, Ori has directed to Viktor. "Hey Wolfy, are you going to stay on the dropship for the rest of the mission? We need you here."
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2019, 07:54:57 PM »
Almost on cue, Viktor appeared with a fire team of the Commando Droids, all of them armed with Disruptor Auto Rifles. The lot of them fired full auto on the Xenos, and slaughtered that particular group. Viktor looked at the others, giving a respectful nod. The Xenomorphs, apparently not sure what to make of the commando droids, chose that moment to retreat. Their screeches echoed, but faded, until they were gone entirely. Viktor looked to Ori. "Status report," he requested.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2019, 10:17:02 PM »
 The commando droid Krystel was controlling walked up to Viktor "Minimal losses of droids ,but i don't exactly like how they pulled back." Cam krystel's voice from the commanding commando droid. "I recommend pulling out ASAp the monsters are likely regrouping for another attack or something more sinister." She finished as she checked the status of other droids via her  link with the command droid.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Weaver

• Local Moderator
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2019, 12:04:32 AM »
Lithian was caught off-guard by Ori's attacker, knocking him off balance for a split second, but that was all the time Ori needed. Before he knew it, the xeno was dispatched. Giving Ori a nod, he followed her back to where the rest were held up.

The gargoyle lowered his gun, watching the droids repel and clean up the massive swarm. It would have helpful if the group started with the droids going in, but there were no casualties that he knew of, so he couldn't complain too much. He turned to look at what he assumed to be Viktor, before shooting the drone that Krystel was commanding a dirty look, as Lithian recognized the voice.

He'd let the two discuss the situation. Lithian took a look at his motion sensor, though it didn't have any helpful information with all the droids mucking about.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2019, 05:27:41 AM »
Valentine, after the xenos had run off, gripped the shoulder of the nearest commando droid and steadied herself. Her vision swam, her nose bled, and the world wouldn’t stop spinning. She over exerted her abilities, and they took their toll. Valentine slowly lowered herself to the ground and sat upon a long-forgotten power bank, dabbing her nose to staunch the bleeding. She would need a few minutes before moving.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2019, 10:09:31 PM »
The large Rohkah stepped up to Lithian as the Gargoyle milled about the room and gave him a firm pat on the shoulder "Eh, Glad you could join us.  Did you get yourself a proper rifle yet?" he asked and motioned to the gun locker with a few Pulse Rifles still inside.  "Stock up, no telling how many of these buggers are still out there" Sohdakin would give Lithian another pat on the shoulder before moving over to where Valentine now sat, his large form moving to squat infront of her so she didnt have to crane her neck so much to speak to him. "You're one of those telepaths aren't you?" he asked as he was not privy to the personell files for everyone in the team but seeing how she lacked a decent weapon, save the pistol, he figured she had some other job in the group.  "If you need a meat shield, stick with me, I will do what I can to keep them away from you." he hummed then chuckled "Just hope you do not mind the noise" he teased as he gave oversized rifle a few pats and winked at her.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2019, 08:45:09 AM »
"So far, so good. No casualties amongst survivors, so I think we're free to go. As I said before, there an APC in the hangar next to the pad. I'll suggest to use it, and provided it's still working, move on further until Xenomorphs didn't return. Me, Lithian and Sohdakin will provide aerial support. Unless you want to continue the trip on the dropship. Krystel remained on the ship as I see.". Ori added right after Krystel's droid and started waiting for other instructions from Viktor. He could note scratches on her helm tho.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:55:10 PM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2019, 09:56:09 PM »
"I would advise using the APC - and I'm bringing escorts down, too; but no airial recon" Viktor said. He motioned his head for Ori to walk with him. His face said what his words did not: We need to talk. In private - just you and me. No one else.

Elsewhere in the facility, the Xenomorphs were in a fighting retreat; these ones were smart. They knew the enemies they currently faced were not normal, and were very hard to dismember. They would have to regroup - and were putting distance between them and these machines.

Offline Weaver

• Local Moderator
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2019, 11:55:40 PM »
"A proper rifle? Excuse me?" Lithian said with a bit of hostility, "What is that supposed to mean? This shotgun has gotten me out of more jams than I can count. The only reason I got pincered was because some of us can't fly and needed help. I'll stick with this thank-you-very-much." He did walk over to the gun locker however, if only to waste time. Lithian wasn't inclined to talk to the telepath, and Ori was busy with a conversation. He wasn't sure what the group was planning to do afterwards, but he suspected that they still might need him, seeing as he was one of the only living staff members left.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2019, 04:03:01 AM »
Valentine looked up at the Rohkah, a knowing grin on her face. She dabbed the last of her nosebleed away. “If I am in need of a shield, friend, I’ll borrow one of the bugs. Though I’d like to say I’m like someone like her,” she motioned at the lead commando droid. “But, she is connected to the universe through the Force. I, however, was not born as such. And due to this, I assume, the planet is muddying my foresight.” She sighed and massaged her shoulder. “I’m seeing...something. A Hunter. A clash of future and past. These insects are simple. Savage yet organized. But this other thing is...devious. Employ detection systems if you’re equipped. I fear of traps “