The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear  (Read 20981 times)

Offline MintPlush

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Ram
  • Coloring: Mint/Green fur, Pale pink skin
  • Height: 5'0
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: Squishy
Re: Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2019, 06:44:15 PM »
The explosion was what alerted Minthe that others were there. She had spent the last several minutes after that trying to get the comm-link in the medic bay to at least pick up something. It had crossed her mind that these may be folks she didn't want to find, but she was low on supplies and the longer she stayed barricaded in this hellhole, the shorter her life expectancy got.

She decided that reaching out was probably her last option for getting out of here. After some time, she was able to pick up some chatter. The young medic couldn't make out a whole lot except one word here..another there..

Minthe's fingers typed deftly.  She began to pray to whatever god there might be..
"Medic Bay 104. Help. Medic Bay 104.." She typed in the coordinates to her position, took a deep breath, and sent the message. "Please, someone get it.." She put the message on loop and hoped it would come through to someone.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2019, 08:55:59 PM »
Sohdakin was standing outside the compound, waiting for Lacar to finish what he was doing when an alert popped up on his HUD, indicating that traffic was transiting the network that was not originating from any of them.  "Lacar, you getting this?" he said over the com channel and waited a few seconds before trying again "Lacar.....you there?" he said and just before he was about to check on him, he heard him respond to Ori and shrugged, figuring that the Shark was busy and pulled up the communication that appeared to be repeating over and over.

"Ori, going to check on that emergency call, may be a trap but cant leave someone behind if its not a trap.  Please keep others away till I can confirm....but stand by, just in case this is a trap" he said, chuckling darkly as he hoped he wasn't the trap magnet for this op. He was still irritated at the Orokin, but he wasn't going to let his personal issues interfere with the mission, nor put the team at risk cause the two had a bit of a tiff.   After confirming the location of the Medical bay on his updated map, he proceeded back into the complex.  He took it slow as he wasn't sure if there were other surprises to be had along the way. 

As Minthe waited in the med bay, she would, at first, feel the slight vibrations through the floor till the sound of heavy, metallic footfalls echoed in the hallways and got louder.  The large armored Rohkah was anything but silent and for this instance, silence wasn't exactly needed.  When Sohdakin got to the med bay, he paused and waited for K2 to access the security cameras in the med bay to confirm who or what was inside, hoping that the Yautja would not mess with the cameras. Once he had the feed up he banged on the door and took several steps back from the door.

"To the personnel inside, open the door, identify yourself, and slowly step out, one at a time, with your hands up, facing away from me" he shouted as he stood back from the door by several paces.  He turned on his flood lights  so that if it was a trap and those inside were going to ambush him, would come out to bright lights flooding their vision.  He wasn't taking any chances as he also had his rifle aimed at the doorway, waiting for whomever was in there to exit.

After Minthe exited the med bay and identified herself, Sohdakn would turn off his floodlights and lower his weapon "Are you or do you have injured?" he would ask and approach the med bay to peek inside.  Once he confirmed it was just her he took a step back "Get what you need, we need to head out to meet with the others.  Not sure how secure this building is.  Do you have any weapons training?" he would ask while waiting outside the med bay letting Minthe gathered what she needed.

"Ori, got another stowaway, she looks to be a medic, coming out to you in a minute" he said over the com line and when Minthe was ready to go he would start to head back down the hallway.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2019, 11:07:26 PM »
"Yeah. Well, someone here doesn't seem glad to see us here, and I do suspect who it might be. And that's someone going to be one of our enemies". Ori responded to Lithian observing the sky and trying to figure the position for her flying abilities. The previous security guard' question about making things quick sounded more like rhetorical to the Orokin, so she didn't respond. Because why? It was obvious that if he can fly, the process of getting to the complex could be faster. However, further events put the galaxy-skinned one in doubt once again. Firstly Lacar, then Sohdakin. Course, she couldn't ignore any of them, but she had her task which must be already completed and Ori didn't want to delay it anymore. When the shark mentioned Tal Shiar, the girl in waframe should inspect those files in the first instance. But... Viktor counts on her, so she can't fail. She has no right to. And besides, she is a UNSC operative with thirty years of experience. And she is going to prove it.

"Copy on that, Sohdakin. Lacar, if you're fine, set your course to the primary operation complex. Sohdakin, you too, along with the stowaway you have found. Lithian and I are going to examine the complex and bring the beacon online. Stay vigilant tho'". Upon those words, Ori charged her suit' energy into her air bending ability (the Gargoyle probably could hear a thud hum coming outside of her suit) and lifted into the air on ten meters. But as the territory was unknown for her, the first several seconds she was drifting in the air observing the surface, luckily the POC was large enough building to recognize.

However, when she attempted to move forward, Ori detected a couple of missiles heading right into her. And if she has had would turn her night vision off, the female Orokin has probably missed it and got exploded like those two guys on the bridge a ten minutes ago. It was a night (or typical planetside condition), so on its background, it would be hard to locate. And yet she was able to change missiles direction in the last moment by creating an air dome in front of her, knowing that Lithian was behind. And thus rockets had hit a mountain to her right side. Good thing, the explosion produced by the rockets wasn't strong enough to harm the couple mentioned above, but the fact of the attack has Ori alerted heavily. It was the first direct attack toward Viktor' team since their arrival.

"Hell... This is Ori. Got contact with an enemy next to the complex.". She reported over the comlink and attempted to shot an unknown hostile from her link gun as the distance between them was affordable for plasma-based weapons. As she saw, the shooter was on the top of the cliff and was about to launch one more missile, yet Ori' plasma shots were faster and reached the target before the Hunter could do anything. Even though shooting being in mid-air was challenging (because of drift), two of ten shots had hit the Yautja in his chest, and he fell behind the cliff. Ori wasn't sure if the hostile shooter got killed or it was a tactical move. But it was a sign, that landing beacon needed to be activated right now. Hence, she flew further once she gestured to Lithian. "Go, go, go!"

Meanwhile, a pair of eyes were observing the newcomers and planned his further actions. But even if his brother was dead, the plan must be implemented. So he was simply waiting in the shadow.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:09:14 PM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2019, 02:52:44 AM »
The comm chatter made Viktor increasingly worried. It was all he could do to not jump out of the dropship to assist Ori when she came under attack. When she nailed the assailant, Viktor made his voice known: "Alright, dropship is airborne, and flagship is inbound. Ground team, I hope to god you're still on track; take any survivors and make for the POC landing bay. Ori, Lacar, head down to the power station and restore power; Lithian, Sohdakin, make for the control room, and once power is restored, set the beacon. Minthe, if you can hear me, go with either group, but keep your head down. All of you, keep your eyes open for traps and your heads on a swivel; whatever that thing was that Ori nailed, there's bound to be more." Viktor then looked to Krystel. "Even a merc like you knows that when you get a job, you gotta make good, even in the worst circumstances." He then directed a question to Valentine: "Can you sense anything?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
  • Species: shark
  • Coloring: Mostly made up of light blue and light gray.my eyes and hair are a darker blue
  • Height: 7'4
  • Weight: 192lbs
  • Build: A thin,slightly muscular body
  • Currently: I'm good all around
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2019, 03:18:18 AM »
Lacar slowly stood to his feet only to fall to his knee. He twitched as he pushed himself to his feet walking out into the hall. His vision was hazed as his sight glitched and spazed out. "Affi.....fir.....firmative sir, will attempt to reboot pow....power.  "he voice was mechanical and stuttered in a laggy glitched matter. He left the barrack heading back to the main entrance him an Ori entered the out post from. As he stepped out of the Outpost be attempted to scan the area only for his vision to go static for a few seconds. He'd beat his own head a few times before shaking it his systems struggling to return to optimal functionality. "Ori, w....where....where are we go...go...going?"
Feeling fantastic and ready to go! I'm a lone wolf fighter cause don't like putting others in danger and would take a bullet for any friend who needs it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2019, 05:45:03 AM »
"If you say so are we leaving ,yet i'm getting bored." Krystel replied back listening to the radio chatter.

"What's the plan once we're back on the ship?" SHe asked.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2019, 05:32:42 PM »
Valentine bent her head against the icon, eyes closed though it mattered not. She reached out with the pseudo-Force power she had been given. Flits of something, though what, or who, it was wouldn’t come to her.
“Something is...wrong, Captain. I see something, yet the future is withheld. Someone or something is dampening my vision. It must be destroyed.”
She sighed, leaning back and wiping away the nosebleed that always accompanied straining her abilities. A side effect of artificially replicating Force sensitivity.

Offline MintPlush

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2019, 06:21:50 PM »
The heavy sound of someone..or something..huge set her teeth on edge. Minthe hid behind a toppled over table and held her onto her handmade shock weapon tightly. She about jumped right out of her skin when he banged on the door.

Slowly and with some unease the little ram opened the door, as she did she turned around away from him, her crude weapon clutched in her hands in front of her because she had forgotten to put up her hands and couldn't bring herself to let go of the one thing that had kept her alive this whole time. When the lights came on and she wasn't immediately taken or shot she sighed and let the electric pipe fall to the floor to her side.

A short statured Ram Anthro stood before the huge dragon. She had on a basic defensive power suite, her helmet wasn't up at the time so that he could see her face and know that she was not a bad guy. Huge curling horns of a leafy green color framed her face. Her ears were down and pulled back, still unsure about how 'good' this guy actually was and a bit uneasy without her weapon in hand.

"No. I..I couldn't save anyone, but I'm not hurt." As soon as he let her go back and grab what she needed she took no time to race back in and grab her pack which already held all the medical supplies she could carry plus some as well as she weapon she'd made herself.

"I was trained to shoot a basic plasma gun, but that doesn't kill the monsters here. So I made this.." She held up a long metal pipe with a grizzly sharp end, the handle was wrapped with some sort of medical grade rubber casing that she'd melded onto it. Wires and a battery pack were crudely strapped to the side and when she squeezed the end a dangerous arc of electricity erupted with a sizzle at the end. There may have been some dried blood and skin attached to the end if he could see well enough.

She followed him, connecting her comm-link to the rest of the team's in time to receive the message from Viktor. "Yes, sir." She complied. She just decided to stay with the one who'd come and got her.

Offline Weaver

• Local Moderator
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: White
  • Weight: 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Procrastinating
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2019, 05:21:22 AM »
Lithian didn't hear what Viktor had to say. His comms weren't synced with anyone else's, and he was nowhere near Ori to listen when the plasma bolts were spotted. He did what any ace flyer would do when approached by ordinance. He did a aileron barrel roll. From there and without a word, he headed directly to where the bolts were fired from. He may have not been able to see who fired them, but he did know where those shots came from. He certainly saw the downed hunter.

Making the assumption that the hunter who was shot was at least out of combat for the next precious few seconds, Lithian slammed into the ground next to where the shots first came from. With his wings fanned out around himself, he activated his stasis mode, supercharging his shields, and electrifying everything and everyone around him. Lithian didn't know if there was more than just the one, but if there were, it wouldn't matter if they were invisible. The discharge was indiscriminate. Collateral damage was a guarantee. Any form of reprisal would be met with an extremely resilient energy shield. Of course, the one big downside to this was that Lithian was immobile as long as stasis was active.

The stasis would last only for a few seconds, provided that no form of counter-attack was made against Lithian. If clear, Lithian would deactivate stasis, approach the side of the cliff where the hunter was downed, and if he saw the beast, blast it with his shotgun regardless of its vitals.

"And that's for stringing up my friends!"

Lithian then pulled out his motion tracker, watching for any kind of activity.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2019, 08:05:31 PM »
If stories told anyone anything it was to always watch for the cute ones.  Sure Minthe was a cute female Ram, but cute and innocent was what they WANTED you to think so you would let your guard down and pounce when you least expect it to.  Still, if Sohdakin were to fall prey to the cute little Ram, he wouldn't complain.  Once she got her supplies and ran out to meet him, he nodded his head "We will get you a proper weapon as going hand-to-hand is not the best idea with these bugs. They will swarm you quickly if you let them get too close"

When he heard Ori's call about enemy contact he picked up his pace "Stay behind me, lets get a move on!" he would call out towards Minthe.  The large armored dragon thundered down the hallway and emerged from the complex in time to witness Ori take out the unknown shooter.  "Roger that Viktor, its probably best she stay with me for now, Ori and Lacar need to remain mobile as much as possible." he said, figuring that Ori and Lacar had already come to that conclusion themselves but wanted to say it so everyone was on the same page.  He would look back at Minthe and hope she wouldn't mind that decision.  "Come here, lets see if you have any anchor points on that armor as I have an idea"

Sohdakin looked her over and when he found some points on her armor for attaching various things he would set his weapon down and pull out some clips and cabling "Stand still and I apologize for any inappropriate touching.  I promise, I am not trying to cop a feel but, cant have you falling off to your death" he would say as he looped the high strength cabling through some of her armor's rescue handles and made sure that it would not only hold but be able to release her quickly should they get into trouble and she need to get away from him and find cover.  Once that was complete he knelt down and motioned for her to face away from him before he clipped her into place and stood up with her now dangling from his chest. He was glad she couldn't see his blush, though Viktor might see the Rohkah's heartbeat increase slightly. "Umm, ok....hang on tight" he said clearing his throat and swallowing the lump in his throat before he went to pick up his rifle and opened his wings.  In a few hard pushes and some assistance from his armor, they were airborne and on their way to the POC and the beacon.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2019, 11:33:53 PM »
Everything went smooth so far, much better than Ori anticipated. The way of how her winged ally handled the threat even has impressed her for a little as when Lithian has executed his attack; the gargoyle could hear a roar. A sound, which Yautja produce when they're dying. Regardless of that, the Orokin had continued her way toward the complex, once she spotted Sohdakin flying to the POC location. Following by a powerful acceleration in the air, the galaxy-skinned girl has successfully bypassed the POC gates and landed on what's appears to be the landing platform. Course, it had no lights. Then a very strange, a spooky sound came from nowhere. It was a combination of thud clicking and hissing at the same time. Something the same Ori heard back on the security outpost, but now the sound was a bit louder. Still, it sounded like the source of it was everywhere. If those sounds had been hearing by local workers, the galaxy-skinned one felt sorry for them. And if she wasn't able to bypass POC' gates, the girl (or someone else) could find out some of the skinned off creatures, hanging on a wire up-side-down. It was a ritual performed by Yautja.

"Nice threat handling, Lithian. Wish I Weyland had more guys like you". The female said, once Lithian was around. Then continued to find a location of power generators according to the map of the facility which Sohdakin had retrieved at the security outpost. However, Ori had no confidence that she could fix them. Maybe Lacar or Lithian could do it. Even though she wasn't sure about the former one as he was a security guard. Or do Weyland combines multiple jobs into a single one? That wasn't documented. "As you're local worker, I assume you do know how to fix power generators?"

Predator' P.O.W.

Once the Prince witnessed Lithian' actions and heard the roar of his brother, along with an unknown two figures heading to the complex in the air, he went to the POC side, being in cloaking mode. Then he spotted a dropship in the sky and figured another plan. That one will probably a bit slower than he planned before but the amount of joy which it will bring... it was worth of efforts. It was a beautiful view from his current position on a cliff. From there Prince was observing the landing platform. Now he needs to wait. The Primal Hunt is about to continue.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:38:52 PM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2019, 01:03:18 AM »
"Ground teams, status report," Viktor requested. The dropship shuddered and groaned, causing Viktor to recoil a little. Looking to Krystel while waiting for the ground team to report in, he said, "Check around the ship, make sure everything's secure and there's nothing needing fixing." Looking to Valentine, he added, "See if you can help her. At the very least, make sure nothing's loose."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2019, 03:44:05 AM »
"You'd think you could hire a better Pilot/mechanic." Krystel grumbled as she pulled off a panel to check on things... "I don't sense any sort of distres the comm system appears to be fine this dropship, however" She shrugged as she looked behind the panel finding nothing loose, she moved to another part of the ship to check....
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline MintPlush

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2019, 07:00:38 AM »
She knew how dangerous of a situation she was in and she knew what risk this Rohka was taking to assist her escape, so she obeyed him as he checked her armor and hooked onto her anchor points. She merely nodded and said, "Okay, I won't fall."

Once she was clipped in and he stood she felt her feet lift off the ground. About the same moment she realized he was going to start flying she felt her stomach lurch forward and they were already lifting off the ground.
This was definitely not something she did everyday...or ever..and she was not that fond of dangling in midair dangerously. Out of sheer panic and unconsciously she gripped his arm tightly to her chest for dear life. "Don't drop me!"

They definitely had to live so she could talk to him later. Minthe refused to die here before properly talking to him.

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
  • Species: shark
  • Coloring: Mostly made up of light blue and light gray.my eyes and hair are a darker blue
  • Height: 7'4
  • Weight: 192lbs
  • Build: A thin,slightly muscular body
  • Currently: I'm good all around
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2019, 03:55:59 PM »
Lacar re-entered the security Outpost moving to one of the vehicles. Spotting a large transport that seemed functional he'd open up the driver door a body falling out. It had a large plasma burned hole in his chest. Lacar shrugged this off jumping into the vehicle. Though the windshield was destroyed along with the seat none of the vehicles systems were damaged. Lacar was happy to see the vehicle's keys were still there and ignited the vehicle's engine. He'd punch the gas quickly bolting from the facility as he drove at the transports top speed towards the POC. His stems were still malfunctioning making it semi-hard to navigate.
Feeling fantastic and ready to go! I'm a lone wolf fighter cause don't like putting others in danger and would take a bullet for any friend who needs it.