The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear  (Read 19146 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear
« on: June 03, 2019, 04:31:01 AM »
(This begins the third installment of Coalition Operations. As with before, anyone looking to sign up now that this has started should apply here, provided the RP has not progressed too much: https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=40736.msg2235814#new )

*** Warship Draconis Furiam, En Route to LV-1201 ***

The wolf with the blue-glowing dragon eyes sat in the command chair of this warship, monitoring reports from all across the ship. So far, everything was performing as expected. He had his "hazard team" aboard, and was now heading for LV-1201 at Maximum Transwarp. But what Viktor about this op was that he was asked for by name. Just who the hell in UNSC Space knew him by his name? And why would they want his help? It didn't make sense. According to the contact, the requester was very insistent - uncharacteristic for him, also according to the contact. Something smelled off about it, but hey - an op was an op.

"Helm, ETA to AO?" Viktor requested.

"Thirty-two minutes to designated Area of Operation, Captain," the droid helmsman answered.

Viktor sat back in his seat, thinking, then made a decision. He accessed the ship's intercom and spoke, "All Hazard Team personnel, report to the bridge for briefing. Repeat, all Hazard Team Personnel report to the bridge for briefing." He then leaned back in his chair and waited.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 04:52:06 AM »
Valentine snapped awake as the announcement ended. She stood from the meditative position she had slept in, braced against her staff, and shuffled towards the bridge. Though her headware blocked her eyes, she could still sense her surroundings. Valentine chanted quietly as she shuffled through the halls, probably putting a few of the crew off.  When someone offered to guide her, Valentine snarled. The Awakening procedure, which brought her closer to her Lord Malgus, it put her in constant pain, which in turn made her a bit abrasive. She entered the bridge, stooped against her staff, and spoke. Her voice was uncontrolled, dipping between whispers and shouting, and strained.
“Captain...I was...summoned?”

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 08:48:19 AM »
As she said during a night with Viktor, Ori would follow him in any part of the Galaxy. She has been alone quite long alone and once she met the wolf (which for some reasons appeared to be already familiar), the female Orokin has ended her way as a part of UNSC (rescue team on planets with unstable elemental situations) and switched to Viktor' service. Yes, technically she was still a part of the UNSC with the difference, that Viktor now was her commander. And she liked it. That's why she was on this ship today and has been happy to arrive on the bridge personally, preferring to meet her love once again. Because the ship was the one which the couple had taken not long ago before the start of the operation (where Ori had effectively taken the role of the starship mechanic), finding a way to the bridge wasn't a difficult task. And so she appeared but without her armor, she wasn't a Mandalorian after all (Storm has known about their culture). There was no reason for wearing it here, knowing she was in safe here. The same was about her weapon - she was unarmed.

"Commander! Private Ori is ready to roll, sir". She said and saluted. Storm knows that she doesn't have to do that, but years of service to the UNSC had developed the habit. She also noted Valentine but being busy with the ship maintenance, she rarely had time to personally meet everyone on the ship. And so the galaxy-skinned female was hoping, that Viktor can introduce each other before the beginning of the operation.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 11:55:47 AM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »
A Red furred vixenwith a very striking resemblance to a known blue vixen stepped into the bridge, armored in a red Mjolnir gen3.2 set of armor, helmet in her hand the vixen grumbled as she   walked past the two already there, almost shoving valentine out of the way as she did. "This better be good, they didn't pay me to get up early..." The red vixen grumbled. "And the hazard pay better be good too." The Vixen grumbled, her actions and attitude throwing almost all speculation that this was the blue known vixen that looked very similar to her, straight out the airlock.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 11:28:11 PM »
In another section of the Draconis, Sohdakin was going over his gear, tweaking the BOSS as the last thing he needed was for it to malfunction during an operation.  At the moment, it was partially disassembled so he could check over various components to both inspect and clean them.  He was also adding some upgraded components that will help smooth out the initial recoil and target tracking.  He knew he was the new kid on the block, recently assigned to the Draconis as relations between the UNSC and the Rohkah Empire were growing but not quite there yet.  So, the empire sent one of their best to join the Draconis. For now, Sohdakin had kept to himself as he wanted to observe the rest of the team, see how they interacted with one another.  Rohkah society was centered around the military as everyone served the empire in one way or another.  They were in a constant war with an enemy of their own making.  So, being with others who had different social norms interested him and he hoped to fit in with the group.

When the call for the Hazard team came over the intercom, Sohdakin put down what he was working on and immediately went towards the Bridge.  Unlike Krystel, Sohdakin did not wear his armor all the time and could usually be found wearing his duty uniform, he just had to remember that he couldn't walk around armed, like he usually did around Rohkah ships.  Once he arrived at the bridge, he ducked his large frame through the door and stood back up before looking about to see just where everyone was gathered.  He overheard Krystel as he entered the bridge, which brought a soft chuckle from the Rohkah.

"Mmmmm, you get paid for this? How cute" he teased, pressing her buttons just a little "I fight for the greater good, I have no need for payment. Would you stop fighting if you were not getting paid?"

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »
"Alright - now that we're all here, we can get started," Viktor said. He inhaled deeply, and began, "Some time ago, the Weyland-Yutani Corporation lost contact with their facility on LV-1201; fast-forward a few weeks, and they receive a call from the mercenary general hired to look after the facility - General Vasili Rykov. He's the head of the mercenary group, the Iron Bears. Said the place was overrun by Xenomorphs, and he was requesting help. We were specifically requested for this op. That's why we're here. Our orders are to head in, clear out any Xenomorph infestation, take stock of the situation, and assist the survivors wherever and however possible." He tapped a few commands to the console next to his chair. This brought up a map of the AO. "Now, the facility is divided into two sections: The Primary Operations Complex and the Forward Observation Pods. The Pods are the likeliest place the survivors have pulled back to; unfortunately, it's situated in a box canyon and unsuitable for landing the Draconis Furiam. The POC, however, is just south in the canyon, but has one landing pad not far from it, at the canyon entrance that's large enough to drop the Gravity Lift. We need to, however, secure the area before landing the ship there. So, we are taking two drop ships in to clear out the area of any hostiles and restore power to the area. That should give us a beacon to fix on and land. Any questions?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 05:22:44 AM »
Valentine steadied herself after the red vixen’s shove, her head screaming in pain. She struck the bridge floor with her staff, anchoring her and preventing a fall. “These...xenomorphs. Are they organized? Civilized, maybe? Like the Bugmen on Mongdrigo. Or...are they more animalistic?” She half expected the former, losing a military outpost to animals seemed unlikely. If they were to Mongdrigan specifications, they’d still need clearance codes to bypass auto-turrets.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 09:30:49 AM »
"The only thing you need to know is that they are hostile and very vicious creatures. They were designed to be a biological weapon. Even though they're having an anthro appearance, their physiology is very different and as what I figured from the UNSC' database, they're very individualistic. They do work in groups, but they act very well even being alone. Besides, I'd like to add - their bodies are filled with an acid, so consider this when you decide to give them the business with a melee weapon. And they're very... tricky. The only question which I want to ask, as the person who was once a part of the UNSC emergency team for five years... does anyone knows where we're heading, except for this... Rykov?". Arashi asked, answering Valentine question at the same time. Ori has had vast experience at such kind of operations, so her question was very typical in given circumstances. She knew what Xenomorphs are, what is the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, but as she never was on LV-1201 and the facility down there, she couldn't be sure, that everything will go well as it should. The description of the operation sounds pretty good and with the abilities of the team, there shouldn't be any problem. Just land down there and kill everything that has a prolonged head. Hence provided, they'll be stuck on the planet without any means of planetside communication, the only people who know where Viktor is with his team gonna be their only chance. Several times during her careers it had happened, so the female Orokin knew what to ask.

Speaking about the team. Likewise, a galaxy-skinned girl wanted to ask something about the last transmissions from the facility, but then she noted a... dragon. Ori has seen reptile races over the Galaxy, Trandoshans and Tiss'shar were a bright example, but Sohdakin looked very different. Majestic, she would say and surely, wasn't a bounty hunter like the most of Trando's. Course, she failed to resist her urge to ask about this scaly teammate, it was her nature inherited by her Orokin' descent. Wild, furious desire to know everything. She is gonna work with him after all.

"I know about Sangheili but dragons... Where have you found him, Viktor? I thought, that his specimen has been wiped out thousands of years ago. Incredible. He is walking history I'd like to discover". Pointed on the Rokhah, Arashi asked. From every saurian race she has seen, one-the was the... distinct. And no doubt, she would enjoy her talk with the dragon. There were so many things to discuss.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:51:04 PM by XIII »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 01:06:18 PM »
"Dragons are not extinct at all." Krystel Grumbled "They just went into hiding." The Red vixen added , pretty much ignoring what was said otherwise, she didn't care about the rest. After all she was only here because no NCC operative would even want to be seen helping WY. The red vixen grumbled to herself as she scanned over the schematics of the base. "Why are we helping these people again, why can't they clean up their own mess?"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 04:37:53 AM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 04:32:02 AM »
Sohdakin sat taller when Viktor started his briefing, his eyes going between the others in the room as he tried to size each of them up.  He had read their files but what is on paper and who they are, are two completely different things.  He wasn't sure how much the others had fought together or were they all new as a team?  The large Rohkah remained quiet and listened to Viktor, he took mental notes of the facility as well as looking at the schematic for any potential choke points, areas ripe for ambush and most importantly, locations with plenty of egress points.  Getting backed into a corner is never good.

"I only need to know one thing, where.....they........are." he said when Viktor finished his briefing. He looked to Arashi with a squint of one eye as he made his remark while also acting as if he was using his talon'd hand as a gun and shot at an imaginary Xenomorph. He looked towards Valentine as she asked her question and was about to answer when Arashi spoke up before he could. 

After Arashi finished her explanation, he looked at the strange colored female with a raised brow and smirked "You do know that I can understand you" he said and shook his head slightly, chuckling at it all. "I would hope that I am not extinct, the Rohkah Empire is rather strong and far from being extinct." he said then paused, "We just lack a planet of our own....well, I mean a habitable planet at least"

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 11:02:00 PM »
"Are we done with the commentary?" Viktor stated officiously. "Only thing that matters is that the Xenomorphs will attack anyone - or anything - that isn't one of them. Those that aren't killed are dragged to their nest to be used as incubators for new Xenomorphs. We have three hours before we hit orbit; I would strongly recommend we study the profiles we were provided on the Xenomorphs. Soon as we hit orbit, everyone will muster in the hangar; from there, the Draconis Furiam will descend the atmosphere and head for the LZ, and we'll take drop ships in to secure the site. Once it's ready, we wave the flagship in. This ship will be our base of operations, and our ticket off this rock - hopefully, with a nice paycheck and good loot. Dismissed, everyone." Viktor looked to Ori. "Ori, please remain." His eyes would tell her what he would not say with words. A word in private.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 07:56:47 PM »
Valentine nodded, turned, and headed for her quarters. She needed to meditate, and possibly contact home. A planet like this would be an excellent addition to the Mongdrigan powers. The people were hardy enough to survive these xenomorph things. They sounded small, like ravagers, and probably didn’t breathe fire. She shuffled through the halls, gently rubbing her head, hoping to calm her pain.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 08:02:15 PM »
Krystel grumbled when 'ori' was mentioned but stepped off the bridge regardless of her feelings. As she left she let her mind reach out into teh ship trying to pick up anybodies thoughts she could find.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 11:00:31 PM »
"Yes, I do. Just like the Orokin. We're a nomadic nation now. But... I've studied Rohkah Empire history, so I'm pretty sure we have a lot of things to discuss... in spare time.". Ori said with a smile before Viktor had pronounced his speech. However, her smile was difficult to notice due to her skin which was a result of an experiment which went wrong, but luckily no one got hurt in the process. Sohdakin was an interesting person, no doubt. And in her spare time, she would surely enjoy a conversation with him. Meet anyone from his kind is a gift, which Ori don't want to ignore, even though she knew about the DMC and Dragon'taan. Because like in case of the Orokin Empire, the Galaxy might still hold the remains of Rohkah Empire begging to be discovered. And hence treasures.

"Sure." Course, she noted Krystel' grumble but Arashi assumed that's because Viktor didn't answer her question. Just like the Ori' one. But she could understand the wolf. Perhaps, he was too excited being overwhelmed by the mission importance. But in case the vixen was jealous... well, she could try to befriend with Sohdakin. Because who knows, maybe they're gonna be the love till death. And when Viktor and Ori were the only people on the bridge, the galaxy-skinned girl added. "Tell me the UNSC knows about the upcoming op. After the Solanae Dyson sphere, I'm trying to be always sure about that".

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2019, 05:06:03 AM »
Sohdakin raised a talon before they were dismissed "Do you have any ROE's (Rules of Engagement) for this op?  Weapon restrictions, no fire zones....things of that nature" He hoped that there were little to no ROE's as he would hate to leave his beloved BOSS Hoss in its storage container.  He had other weapons of course....but, when delicacy was not an option, go big or go home was his motto. His attention returned back to Arashi when she spoke up again, a curious brow raising as he was curious what exactly she wanted to discuss.  "Mmmmm, I will be at the range. Need to do an equipment check before we go planetside."

After everyone was dismissed from the briefing, he looked to Krystel with a confused look and was about to ask Valentine about the strange Vixen but it seemed the small Racoon had already left.  The moment that Krystel touched the Rohkah's mind she would feel it push back slightly 'Hey now, no peeking!  If you want to know, you better just come and ask me directly' Sohdakin's mind closed off after that and would not allow her to probe him further, yet.

The large Rohkah went back to the armory to finish tweaking his equipment, wanting to get it all ready before the muster call would sound.  If the Draconis had an indoor range, he would go there after putting his weapons back together to do some test shoots with each weapon in his arsenal.  The last thing he wanted was for him to bring a defective weapon on an important operation....that was one quick way to get you and your team killed.