The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear (Sign-Up & OOC)  (Read 5931 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
/// Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear \\\

With the mess of events on New Colorado, the Weyland-Yutani Corporation has been blindsided yet again. While cleaning up the after-effects of their mess, they lost contact with one of their worlds in UNSC Space - LV-1201. This particular world was one of the few authorized in UNSC Space to study a Xenomorph Hive, under tight, controlled conditions. However, six weeks after the disaster at New Colorado, which required them to call for help from the UNSC and ONI, LV-1201 seemingly dropped off all comms. With UNSC forces busy and Weyland-Yutani vessels not equipped for anything more than resupply and cargo transportation operations, the Corporation worries something had happened, and is leery of sending in their own personnel until they know more.

Then, seven days after the loss of contact, the Iron Bears - the mercenary group that was contracted to defend WY interests and assets on LV-1201 - and their leader, General Vasili Rykov, sent out a transmission stating that LV-1201 was in danger of being overrun by rampant Xenomorphs - apparently having been driven to this by a ship that had crashed some time after New Colorado was hit - and requesting outside assistance from a top-notch mercenary group. It was a strange request, and hardly one that the famed General Rykov would ever even consider making, but given the gravity of their situation and the assets invested in LV-1201, the Weyland-Yutani Corporation felt they had no choice but to comply. This is where you come in. You are part of the mercenary team put together to head for LV-1201. Your orders are to travel to LV-1201, make contact with the survivors of LV-12101, assess the situation, and do anything you can to save the facility and its remaining personnel. Weyland-Yutani Corporation's research on LV-1201 cannot be jeopardized.

Dismissed.

/// RULES \\\
Standard RP rules apply. If you don't know what those rules are, go read them before joining this RP. Apart from that:

No overpowered weapons.

No overpowered armor. Armor similar to Mjolnir armor is acceptable at max.

Work as a team, do not antagonize each other. More of a suggestion than a rule.

Posting order will be such that you can post anytime, but not until everyone else has posted that's still involved. Exceptions are when either another player hasn't posted in 48 hours or if they leave.

/// CHARACTER SHEET \\\
Name: (Self-explanatory)
Species: (Self-explanatory)
Attire: (What you're wearing. Armor recommended.)
Weapons: (What weapons you brought with you, if any. As long as it conforms to the rules, it's fine.)
Position on Team: (What role do you fill? Medic, Fire Support, Heavy Gunner, etc.)
Bio: (A little background info. No need to make it extensive unless you really want to.)

/// NOTES \\\

I will be providing the ship the team goes to and leaves LV-1201 on, so no need to post your own ship. I do this for a reason.

The RP Description is misleading. I did so intentionally, so as not to give away what the plot really is about, which is made clearer as the story goes on. If you want a hint, think on the title of the RP. That being said, keep your eyes open, as I will be dropping hints on what's coming as the RP progresses.

This is MY RP, but I cannot be in front of my computer all the time. So, assuming they join, I will have two good friends acting as my Executive Officers. If I am not here, what they say, goes (within reason).

Now, for my character (and the ship he's using):

/// Viktor Horgus \\\
Name: Viktor Horgus
Age: Unknown (assumed to be somewhere between 300 and 400)
Species: Wolf/Dragon-Shifter
Attire: Energy-Shielded ODST Armor , but without the helmet.
Weapons: Twin Lightsabers (Imperial Crimson Blade on both), Customized Disruptor Auto Rifle
Position on Team: Team Commander, Captain of the Warship Draconis Furiam
Bio: Hailing from the Tyheir home world in DMC Space, Viktor Horgus is an ancient man with a dark past and countless battles under his belt. Few know the full details of his history, but those that do swear that he's the most resilient warrior alive. After a series of events that landed him with his ship and his father's lightsabers, while at the same time coming to grips with the knowledge of his power in the Force and his Dragon-Shifter origins, Viktor has wandered the galaxy trying to make any difference he can. He despises corruption and tyranny, and he especially hates being used and manipulated. But the one thing that will have him rampaging across the galaxy is when he's trying to protect those he loves - something many doubt he actually has.

/// Warship Draconis Furiam \\\

Heavily-modified, upgraded, and up-sized RCS-class Armored Cruiser. Multiple Disruptor arrays, Turbolaser Turrets, Missile Pods, Plasma Torpedo Silos, and Torpedo Launchers (which can fire Photon, Quantum, Transphasic and Gravimetric torpedoes). Energy Projector converted to a Tachyon Inversion Beam. Ship powered by Upgraded Tritium Plasma Reactor supported by two Miniaturized Hypermatter Reactors and multiple redundant Transwarp Coils installed all over the ship. Defense utilizes Point-Defense system, Adapted Borg Shields, and emergency Ablative Armor. Hull Plating comprised of a Durasteel/Cortosis/Beskar Triple Alloy. Crew consists of BX-Series Commando Droids and Blue-Striped B1 Battle Droids.

Now that all that's done, any takers?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 12:31:14 PM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
// CHARACTER SHEET \\\
Name: Krystel Rubeli
Species: Cerinian
Attire: Mjolnir  gen 3.1, jet pack addon(thrusters) allowing limited flight and hover(think jet clone troopers from battlefront2,)
Weapons:  Attica full auto bolt throwing cross bow Ammtypes: plasma encase bolts or pure, s plasma.  Modified DC-17 heavy commando pistol. Staff weapon with various 'powers' BR-95 Battle rifle.
Position on Team: Fire support, Telepath.
Bio: A supposedly evil clone of Krystal with Red fur instead of Blue.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:44:06 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
Name: Ori Arashi (Storm)
Species: Orokin (galaxy-skinned human-like specimen with pinpointed ears)
Physical appearance: 6', 155 lbs, galaxy skin
Attire: A warframe which is capable to control fire, water, air, and earth, providing good defensive and offensive opportunities. Vastly situative as it heavily depends on the environment and has limited resources (but being out of resources, still performs the role of a normal armor).
Weapons: Ori' warframe is the weapon itself, dealing elemental damage mostly. For dealing kinetic damage, Ori is always keeping with her the link gun and collapsible staff for better control of warframe' skills.
Position on Team: Fire support, engineer (using the warframe abilities).
Bio: Three hundred years ago, there was a civilization called Orokin. They were banished from the Earth for their attempts to create an aggressive, self-developing artificial intelligence despite many warning from the Earth government. They were managed to achieve their goal by turning living creatures into machines called Cephalons, however, they did this being separated completely from the Solar system in the dimension called The Void, being cut off by a wormhole. It has been destroyed one hundred and fifty years ago for their selfish, greedy goals by warframe users. And even though Ori has never been one of them, being a warframe' constructor, she turned against her own race once the war against Sentients has begun. And after she helped in the wiping out Orokin, Ori has erased her memory about these events and traveled beyond her home. Hiding her real identity, she has joined the UNSC as a mercenary and helped them with varieties of activities across their controlled territories. Everything has changed once she met Viktor and he was the only one, who knew Ori' real identity (and Spyra later). Since then, Ori and Viktor almost never were separated from each other, always together, no matter how difficult the challenges they faced with. And being aware of the crimes of her civilization, Storm tries to help the people that were victims of Orokin once. The cruelty of their experiments is still echoing through the Solar system.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:03:19 PM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Good, good... that's three people (including me) in this. If we can get one or two more, we'll be in great shape.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Re: Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear (Sign-Up & OOC)
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 03:39:16 AM »
Name: Sohdakin
Species: Rohkah (Dragon)
Attire: Rohkah powered combat armor, has shield emitters that attempt to deflect rather than absorb to conserve energy.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XH2FjnNnvlSzZQUC1jVTZkNGNaUFlocGF3SjlESy1fVzA0/view?usp=sharing
Weapons:
A 5 Barrel .50 Cal Borsin Ordinance Siege System (BOSS) Gattling cannon, aka "The latest in diplomatic communications" Fires a .50 Calibur caseless explosive tipped tungsten carbide armor piercing round at over 3000 rounds per minute. Ammunition is kept in a large backpack and fed via a belt feeding system.
A 1 Gauge Pump Action Shotgun that he likes to keep handy for "Close encounters"
When he isnt fielding the BOSS, he carries a Heavy Ion Pulse Rifle.
Position on Team: Heavy Gunner
Bio: Sohdakin or Soda by his squadmates, is the very definition of a professional soldier.  Trained since birth, he quickly showed an aptitude for sharp shooting and could accurately fire anything he got his talons on.  As a high ranking soldier in the Rohkah military, he often finds himself as part of many special operation assignments or tasked to a foreign entity to aid elite units through the galaxy.  His stalwart attitude has earned him great respect among his peers both in the Rohkah Empire and allied factions.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 06:29:07 PM »
Alright, that makes for sufficient players for this RP. I'll hold off for a day or two before I start this RP in earnest, see if anyone else joins.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 12:05:31 AM »
Name: Valentine Blackburn
Species: Mongdrigan Raccoon
Attire: Robes bearing the emblem of Malgus, the ruler of her planet. A large, eye-covering helmet, designed to limit psychic input and maximize the wearer's output.
Weapon(s):
Heavy staff, topped with an effigy in the fashion of Darth Malgus's emblem, at the time of his rule on Mongdrigo
E11 Blaster Rifle
Position on Team: Psyker, Seer.
Bio: Valentine had, at one point, been a well known scientist in the Mongdrigan research divisions. However, once Great Leader had fallen, and Darth Malgus (now Lord Malgus), had taken control, the young scientist became fascinated by Malgus and his acolytes, specifically their Force sensitivity. Mongdrigans, due to the nature of Mongdrigo itself, were void of the Force, and could not effect or be effected by it. Valentine threw herself to research, eventually developing a pseudo-Force ability. Unfortunately, the process, referred to as Awakening, left the patient in near-constant pain, blind, and incoherent. Yet, in all tests, the subjects were still devoted to Lord Malgus. Valentine left Mongdrigo to ascertain both solve the encroaching Brottleheim problem, and to field test her new abilities.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
  • Species: shark
  • Coloring: Mostly made up of light blue and light gray.my eyes and hair are a darker blue
  • Height: 7'4
  • Weight: 192lbs
  • Build: A thin,slightly muscular body
  • Currently: I'm good all around
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 07:19:37 AM »
Hey! It's me again. I'm back after a very rough time with school and work. If you'll let me I'd love to join this rp.
Feeling fantastic and ready to go! I'm a lone wolf fighter cause don't like putting others in danger and would take a bullet for any friend who needs it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 07:38:21 AM »
I’m not in charge, but seeing that we haven’t left the starting location, I’m sure you’re good to join.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 09:17:23 AM »
Indeed. We have a little time before the main events of the RP going to occur, thus... hop in. :)
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 01:22:56 PM »
Well, well... look what the cat dragged in! XIII is correct - the main events of the RP have yet to commence. Feel free to hop in, but please post a character profile before you do so.

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Mostly made up of light blue and light gray.my eyes and hair are a darker blue
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 06:23:48 PM »
Name: Lacar Lacrest
Species: Shark

Attire: Full body nano suit with Ballistics shielding and strength enhancing nano fibers, High power micro chip implant within my brain and eyes granting me digital access without a helmet or visor. Nano vest can change color even cloaking. Nano-tech combat boots and utility vest with belt.

Weapons: CQC training with a black lightsaber/machete. Right arm is a moldable nano tech prosthetic with high power strength enhancement and energy based projectile weapons system. A Kinetic based Rifle with EMP and stun settings alon with a wide arangment of attachments. Finally a self adaptive pistol able to adjust itself depending on the current setting. Pistol settings include Electric shock, ballistics, plasma, and Laser.

Position on Team: Combat Engineer and Pilot

Bio: Abandoned at birth I was adopted at the age of 16 by a Mercenary monster hunter. He raised me to be a hunter instilling a passion for adventure and danger in me. At the age of 25 my adoptive father was killed while we were trying to exterminate a Xenomorph infestation, this was also the day I lost my arm. I confined my fathers wishes and hunted the scariest beast across several galaxies until I started to grow board and went on a search for a greater challenge which is where i found myself working on the Draconis Furiam.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 06:47:20 PM by Lacar Lacrest »
Feeling fantastic and ready to go! I'm a lone wolf fighter cause don't like putting others in danger and would take a bullet for any friend who needs it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 10:38:51 PM »
Name: Lacar Lacrest
Species: Shark

Attire: Full body nano suit with Ballistics shielding and strength enhancing nano fibers, High power micro chip implant within my brain and eyes granting me digital access without a helmet or visor. Nano vest can change color even cloaking. Nano-tech combat boots and utility vest with belt.

Weapons: CQC training with a black lightsaber/machete. Right arm is a moldable nano tech prosthetic with high power strength enhancement and energy based projectile weapons system. A Kinetic based Rifle with EMP and stun settings alon with a wide arangment of attachments. Finally a self adaptive pistol able to adjust itself depending on the current setting. Pistol settings include Electric shock, ballistics, plasma, and Laser.

Position on Team: Combat Engineer and Pilot

Bio: Abandoned at birth I was adopted at the age of 16 by a Mercenary monster hunter. He raised me to be a hunter instilling a passion for adventure and danger in me. At the age of 25 my adoptive father was killed while we were trying to exterminate a Xenomorph infestation, this was also the day I lost my arm. I confined my fathers wishes and hunted the scariest beast across several galaxies until I started to grow board and went on a search for a greater challenge which is where i found myself working on the Draconis Furiam.
Pro Tip: WHen you go to post try to refer to your character in third person...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 05:06:57 AM »
Noted, so am I good?