The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 27764 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Ray looked wholly lost. Tristan’s words proved quite the stumbling block. What had his father said, the young raccoon wondered. He stared at the ground a moment before speaking. “G-Gaia never shows her face. S-She is the wind. T-The sun, her love. The moon, her knowledge. She loves all, but remains distant. T-To keep her children u-um...strong. I-I don’t think s-she will trick me.”
When Atauri began her tirade, Ray hid behind Tristan as best he could, paws clamped to the knight’s wings. Then her threats started. Veiled as they were, the venom that dripped from each word scared Ray. But by no force, be it divine, demonic or mortal, the little raccoon vowed to defend his friend. Tristan would hear the quiet rasp of steel against leather as Ray began to draw his blade. When Tristan would return from his tet-a-tet with Viktor, there would be Ray. Terrified, teeth clenched, a blade held in both paws. His eyes were bright and moist with fear, a tear threatening to flow down his cheek.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Spyra sighed. "You are old enough to make your own decisions Ray, just make sure to make the right one." the she-wolf finsihed "Viktor is right ,however we have little time." Spyra ended on that walking away and not turning back, she was clearly determined to find this 'Vulkest' though she had already met him even before now long ago.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
Atauri wasn't happy with the current situation at all. Not only it distracts her from the top priority task. But she is also showing her dark side. During her days as a hunter for supernatural evil, she used to kill everyone who has any connection with demons or dark arts. Nor Viktor nor Spyra didn't know that is Atauri, who murdered and tortured thousands of people just by a small suspicion. She needed a little evidence or a token to accuse someone in bargaining with the evil. It was times when the elf was less experienced and obsessed with her power. Now the she-wizard in control of her emotions and actions. Her skills are devastating, and alas, some parts of Tammuz-an know it very well. The sorceress was afraid that Tristan might trigger her, and Ray will witness how's the black-furred will die. Coven taught her to show no mercy when it comes to saving the world. Despite the fact she liked anthro people, her duty is all above it. So by threating Spyra, Tristan has all chances to become Atauri's victim.

"I did. But Vulkest has set the next objectives for us to do, and I'll do everything to make it happen. That's even if I have to kill you. So be a good boy and stay away from Spyra and Viktor. Trust me, I've seen much stranger things than you. So you're not a threat to me.". The purple-skinned said with her typical haughty tone, dissipating the fireball in her hand. The lady wanted to pronounce differently, but elf's supreme personality is a thing that no elf can't hide. Considering the influence of four elements on the Darnassus's priestess mindset, it's a normal thing. Afterward, she followed Spyra, and once Viktor was to her side, the enchantress decided to continue the talk. This time, with no arrogance in her voice but calm and focused. "Do you know where Vulkest' lair? He wants us to go there. It's about his son. And Viktor... I've seen your mother, I guess."
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 10:40:50 PM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
The mention of "mother" stopped Viktor in his tracks. He looked to Atauri, then whispered in her ear, "Talk of mother is best kept between us - for now, we continue with the mission." The implication was obvious: Not in front of Tristan. He then resumed course, and spoke, "Yes, I know where Vulkest's lair is." He pointed to cliff face in the distance. "See that? That's our next destination." He didn't want to reveal too much - not with Tristan present. Something seemed odd about him, given the heated discussion between him and Atauri earlier. Viktor would keep close to the group, but nonetheless take point in leading them to Vulkest's lair.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • This Profile is Shut Down
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black with white accents
Tristan could see how upset Ray had become from the various conflicts that had been stoked here today, so the knight would lay his hand on the boy's shoulder again, drawing the small one's attention to him. "Calm yourself." Tristan says, his voice low and instructive, "If you intend to use that blade, you cannot be controlled by your emotions, you must control them and channel them appropriately. Just let yourself breath, deeply and slow, and count your breaths. One... two..."
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
Ray’s arms lowered, but his paws remained clamped around the grip. His knuckles were white, as the young raccoon subconsciously sought a tighter hold. His breathing slowed, as he whispered.
“One...two..three...” By the time Ray uttered the number ‘ten’, he had calmed down. “I-I...I don’t wanna...” the young raccoon started. He took a deep breath and spoke again. “I don’t wanna lose anyone else. I already lost my family.” Ray set his jaw as he sheathed the blade. “I won’t lose anyone else.”

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Spyra was too lost in thought to reply to Ray or the Fox knight, instead she just started walking, they needed to find Vulkest and soon something more important was there.... though she did give a glance at Ray as she walked away, she decided once again to let the young one decide for himself his fate.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Viktor didn't have to tell about her mother. The elf has had the same thoughts because private conversations should remain private. After the situation with Tristan, trusting him was a big question. And until the enchantress doesn't know who the fox is inside, she wasn't sure if the group can be safe while he's around. Ideally, Atauri would like to stay away from the tod while the group has a task to find Vulkest's son. Why the knight even following them? To stab Spyra while no one sees? What also was making the sharp-eared looks concerned, is that Tristan didn't react on her warning. The female wizard was hoping that he took into consideration her words. Otherwise, Atauri won't slow when there is a choice between Guardians and him. Because behind her appearance, a personality of a ruthless soul is hidden.

"Last time I was here, the place was known for a large population of Vendigos and Venetas. They are not immortal, but even one of them can injure or kill some of us. It's been a while since my latest visit.". The she-elementalist claimed while the group was walking. This part of the world should be her next job in her to-do list. Sadly, the mission with Vulket's son matched with it. The only question was if, alongside the Vendigos, Tristan can become her next target to exterminate. So once Viktor and Atauri were away at a reasonable distance from the fox, the elf added. "Truth told, I'm not sure if Vulkest can be too much glad to see him next to us. Shall we continue our journey with him further together?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
A strange pulse ripped through the air, a nearly invisible wave of energy. It passed over the world, the group and, finally, Tristan. As it passed over the fox, he vanished, his memory removed from anything that would remember him. As if his whole existence was wiped from the slate.

Ray blinked. Who was he talking to? With a dismissive shake of the head, he started towards camp and helped packing. The little raccoon tore his tent down, tied down his bedroll and hitched the bundle to his bag. Then, without saying a word, he took his position beside Spyra.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Viktor continued trekking toward what he felt was Vulkest's lair. More than ever, he wanted to link up with his old friend, and figure out just how the hell to proceed from there. En route, he kept his eyes on the cliff in the distance. That was his guiding star. He knew he needed to find the base of the cliff and follow it east to a cave. Vulkest would be waiting.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Spyra followed along with Viktor, questioning why she had to travel this far, or for that matter why Vulkest decided to contact Victor, was there more to this wolf than she saw?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:35:46 PM by Alessia Starfurr »

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
It's weird, but only Atauri has paid attention to Tristan's vanish. Why and where he disappeared? Are his Gods decided to call their slaves back to serve them once again? Anyhow, the elven sorceress was slightly happy because of this. It means the group now is free from potential betrayers, and traveling to Vulkest is far safer. They don't need even to take the entire path because Atauri is the best elementalist in Azeroth and can manipulate terrain easily. And so the witch decided to remind the group about it kindly.

"Tell me when we got close to Vulkest. I'll make the path shorter". Cenarius' daughter said as the group was walking further.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
Ray kept a paw resting on the hilt of his sword, tense and nervous. His father had warned him about the forests. Brigands, cutthroats, and creatures of the night all stalked in the shadows. Deeper still, on the banks of a shallow creek stood, or should’ve stood, the stonework cairn marking the burial place of Ronnie, Ray’s eldest brother. A pair of bandits had cornered the raccoon at the edge of the creek as he fished for, of all things, crawfish. A smart word and movement of paw later,  and Ronnie fell face first into the creek, two broad headed arrows sprouting from his back.
Ray took a breath and, too preoccupied with scanning the trees, tripped over an exposed root. He fell, hard. Hard enough to cause his crossbow, which had remained loaded after the morning’s events, to loose its bolt. The stubby shaft sailed into the trees, rattling among the branches.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Viktor jumped at the accidental discharge, and on seeing who tripped, walked over to, knelt down before, and offered a hand to Ray. "Careful, son - gotta watch the sky and the ground." If Ray would take the wolf's hand, he would find it somehow was warm, even though Viktor's aura radiated cold. His glowing blue dragon eyes stared right at Ray, waiting on his response.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Spyra ran up to Ray finding Viktor had beaten her too it "Are you okay?" Spyra asked stepping back to let Viktor help the child up  "Viktor is rihgt, you need to keep your eyes on the ground and the sky." The white wolf added.