The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado  (Read 26450 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2019, 12:18:14 AM »
"I may spend most of my time alone, but that doesn't mean I won't try to get to know the people I meet," Mesmerin said. He paused, then added, "Dragon'taan, huh? Heard of the place. Never been there, though. You Dragon'taan Marauder Corps?"
"Eh kinda sorta." Rae replied holding her hand out level and rotating it back and forth as she spoke. "I"m actually a Merc and since I live there, they tend to offer me contracts, for them."
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2019, 01:48:45 PM »
Jayce Blackburn’s brow creased increasingly as he watched the gauges of his vessel. He had set a path home, to Mongdrigo, but his drives seemed now to fight his orders.
“No, no,” Jayce hissed at the console. “One hundred thirty is bad, go down.” The purple raccoon punched a few keys, but got a terrible groan as a response. Jayce grit his teeth, and tried to activate his warp drive.

A heavy, bassy thrum echoed throughout local space, audible even in New Colorado. 

Bits of Jayce’s vessel scattered away as his warp core failed. The Mongdrigan sighed loudly and leaned back in his seat. Grumpily, even though his ship was now crippled, he piloted the ship to New Colorado.

A few minutes would pass before a god-awful metallic grinding signaled the Mongdrigan’s landing. Horrid green smoke and blue electrical discharge poured from the wounded vessel.
Jayce popped the cockpit open and stepped out. Checking his wallet, Jayce bit his lip.
“A little strapped. Gonna need a pickup, ‘less someone’s willing to help me.”

The Mongdrigan sighed again and made his way to the entrance. 
Without prompting, Jayce laid out his weapons.
Firstly, a simple short bladed machete, a tool more than a weapon.
Secondly, a Mark 5 Smart Pistol. Able to track targets from about twenty feet away, eight rounds of fin-controlled bullets would hone in on the targets skull.
Thirdly, Jayce’s prized possession. A gift from his brother, for when Jayce hunted. The Transuranic Arquebus.
An archaic operating rifle, single shot muzzle loaded. But the round was the size of a small cat and punched through most armor like wet tissue. It was big, loud, and deadly.
Collecting his gear, Jayce headed deeper into New Colorado.
Now in a decent light, the Mongdrigan appeared worse for wear. The left half of his lower jaw was a shiny steel, his eyes a bright, gem-like green. His ears were tipped with the same gem green.
 All signs of tiberium infection.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2019, 03:14:55 PM »
“Pardon, but who are the Dragon’taan marauders?” Emilá asked curiously. For someone with a timer on her freedom, she does still love to chat.

Offline Bronzeee

• Avid Aardvark
  • Might as well.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Felis Cattus
  • Coloring: Light Orange, Bronze, White
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Ectomorph
  • Currently: I edited my profile~
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2019, 04:40:07 PM »
Seconds turned into minutes. He hasn't had anyone but his thoughts and the chatter behind him. Chin rested on his left paw, the Caracal leaned unto the table in wait, free paw rhythmically tapping on the furniture with his claws.

M must admit that he have been ignorant to the world— or should he say universe? Doesn't matter. The feline haven't heard about New Colorado until it was proposed to him by his boss and explained further by his colleagues. Without having any idea to what New Colorado is except of "The place is good! I wish I could be there!", M wishes that there are better and more elaborate explanations.

His ears perks upward as they heard someone approaching his table. Even in a large, noisy room, he can still deter if someone is approaching, especially if said person is looking straight at him. M turned around and saw the same Otter who took his order. Shrugging, he watched the waiter place his food on the table and settle the glass of water right beside it, the ice clinking inside. With a mutter of thanks, M watched the Otter leave.

Flat Iron Steak, huh? M wonders if the taste is different from where he came from and New Colorado's. Only one way to find out. With the fork and knife provided, M sliced the meat easily, the very aroma of the steak making his mouth water. He took a bite as soon as it was cut, and cracked a small grin at how delicious it is. Well, now he know that it is the same as his usual.
Be careful now... you might cut yourself with that tounge.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2019, 04:47:42 PM »
"The Dragon'taan Marauder Corps," Mesmerim explained, "The Dragon-Shifter military, formed just prior to the outbreak of the Marauder War, the Marauder War being the conflict fought against the Necromyan Collective. Some months later, the Marauder Corps fought the Drakkonian Combine to a stalemate in what is now called the Mirror Conflict, which ended with the signing of the treaty of Draconis. Since then, I hear, the Marauder Corps has fought numerous other foes that threatened them and their allies. The most prolific of them being the Imperial Forces under Emperor Demitrius Zaarin. Long story. I never met any Marauder Corps personnel, so I don't know anything about them outside of what is public knowledge."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »
"And even less is known about their spec ops teams, some say that it's even a false rumor that they exist..."Rae replied "Then there's the New Cerian command close allies of the DMC...."
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2019, 08:16:31 PM »
Sora had made her way back to the beach, her time in the steakhouse having given some time for the crowd of people to thin-down. "Well, this is as best as it is possibly going to get." she grumbled before she made her way to a changing station, keeping her bag close to herself so she could get into her swimsuit. She then grabs out a beach towel before she shuffled the clothing underneath her pocket pistol, then she picks up the bag and makes her way to the sand to find a good spot to set-up. It took her a few minutes before she found an ideal spot, pulling out a set of nose-bridge display glasses from the bag and putting it on before it darkened rather quickly to shield her eyes.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2019, 05:29:51 AM »
“Interesting.” She pauses, deep in thought. The check is placed down in front of her and she places down enough to cover it and a hefty tip.

Offline Bronzeee

• Avid Aardvark
  • Might as well.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Felis Cattus
  • Coloring: Light Orange, Bronze, White
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Ectomorph
  • Currently: I edited my profile~
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2019, 07:23:50 AM »
His steak disappeared as fast as it was served. It was a fine meal too. His amber gaze switched slowly from his plate to his paws, placing the fork and the knife beside each other with their ends facing 11 o'clock. Something he picked up in one of his assignments. Not that everyone does these fancy stuff, it just feels nice to do, no matter if the waiter do understand it or not.

M recollected his thoughts, thinking of what he'll do next after this steakhouse. As far as he is concerned, he's in charge of himself for the next 15 days. He considered calling a friend from his division, but decided against it because he might mock him indirectly. He sighed, his gaze now directed towards the window next to him.
Be careful now... you might cut yourself with that tounge.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2019, 04:19:21 PM »
"So," Mesmerin asked Emila, "What's your next move?"

*** Orbit ***

Situation bad, getting worse. Bugs broke containment, and were running amok. Even worse, the dead Yaut'ja had one of those things in him, and it burst free. Now they had a creature worse than the bugs running around. It was a complete surprise, then, when one of the crewmen, armed with one of the Yaut'ja's weapons, spotted the thing and started shooting, missed, and blew out the stabilizers. The WY ship plummeted into the atmosphere, heading toward the woods to the north of Gunnison. Most of the ship burned up via re-entry, but some of the crew survived the crash.

When he recovered, one of the crewmen sent a subspace distress signal on all frequencies. Just as he sent it, though, a spear-tipped tail ended his pain.

*** Woods ***

The father and his son remained hidden as the son stalked his prey. He had the buck in his sights, and was about to squeeze the trigger of his hunting rifle when a loud BANG startled the buck and sent it running. Both hunters looked up, in the direction the sound came from, and saw something, trailing smoke and fire, rocket overhead and crash somewhere east of their position. The son, ever the curious one, went running to investigate, and the father had to work to keep up.

When they arrived at the crash site, they say a vessel with the WY Logo still barely visible. The father suggested they report this to the sheriff, and urged his son to hurry along. The faint chittering and hissing didn't help. The two headed back the way they came, but the son tripped and fell, and the father took a defensive stance.

No words needed to be said of what happened - but the trees and birds would bear silent witness to what happened to an innocent family, in the wrong place at the wrong time.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2019, 05:35:42 PM »
"So," Mesmerin asked Emila, "What's your next move?"

*** Orbit ***

Situation bad, getting worse. Bugs broke containment, and were running amok. Even worse, the dead Yaut'ja had one of those things in him, and it burst free. Now they had a creature worse than the bugs running around. It was a complete surprise, then, when one of the crewmen, armed with one of the Yaut'ja's weapons, spotted the thing and started shooting, missed, and blew out the stabilizers. The WY ship plummeted into the atmosphere, heading toward the woods to the north of Gunnison. Most of the ship burned up via re-entry, but some of the crew survived the crash.

When he recovered, one of the crewmen sent a subspace distress signal on all frequencies. Just as he sent it, though, a spear-tipped tail ended his pain.

*** Woods ***

The father and his son remained hidden as the son stalked his prey. He had the buck in his sights, and was about to squeeze the trigger of his hunting rifle when a loud BANG startled the buck and sent it running. Both hunters looked up, in the direction the sound came from, and saw something, trailing smoke and fire, rocket overhead and crash somewhere east of their position. The son, ever the curious one, went running to investigate, and the father had to work to keep up.

When they arrived at the crash site, they say a vessel with the WY Logo still barely visible. The father suggested they report this to the sheriff, and urged his son to hurry along. The faint chittering and hissing didn't help. The two headed back the way they came, but the son tripped and fell, and the father took a defensive stance.

No words needed to be said of what happened - but the trees and birds would bear silent witness to what happened to an innocent family, in the wrong place at the wrong time.
A sudden chill, caused Rae to shiver a bit, Did you feel that?" Rae asked Mesmerin, her senses suddenly on high alert.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2019, 06:30:11 PM »
Emilá looks at them seriously. “Something is going to happen. You can feel it in the air. Our next move is to gather as many, as they say, ‘interesting’ folks as we can before whatever it is that will provide our cover happens.” Her eyes wandered over towards M. She called the waiter over. “Pay for the furs meal and invite them over.”

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2019, 06:50:37 PM »
Mesmerin sensed it a split second before Rae, and inhaled sharply through gritted teeth as he sensed a massive tremor in the Force. He closed his eyes, staving off the cold chill of a surge in the Dark Side. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2019, 09:56:01 PM »
Realizing that New Colorado wasn't exactly the place to walk around with his weapons, Jayce had returned his gear to his ship. The frequent green sparks from the rear of the vessel still spat, but the acrid green smoke had died off. Jayce sighed and figured a vacation was in order. With no liquid water on his homeworld, Jayce was immediately drawn to the beach. It's smell, the sounds, the sight were completely alien to him. He seemed, however, to treat the sand as if it were a minefield. Each step was preceded by tapping the lead foot on the sand before putting pressure down. His large coat and lanky frame didn't help with his balance, so it was indeed quite an event.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:54:53 PM by Rayleonarde »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2019, 09:59:33 PM »
Rae tapped Mesmerin's shoulder "Hello? Force-boy, did you feel that, i asked..." Rae said, looking back to Emila, with a serious look. "Your hiding something,but I feel it's not important right now."