The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Republic of Andrat RP (Discussion, OOC, Sign-up thread)  (Read 8514 times)

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Height: 6'3''
  • Build: Tall and broad-shouldered
Re: Republic of Andrat RP (Discussion, OOC, Sign-up thread)
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2018, 11:28:14 PM »
Yes. We are waiting on Ray to make his next reply. I'll give him until the end of today before I take some action.
Predators vs. Prey double victory 1/7/18 - achieved with NovaKamikazi

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2018, 12:43:50 AM »
I apologize. Been a bit busy with work and all. I'll have a post up shortly.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2018, 03:56:15 AM »
It's okay, I understand. I just want to make sure this RP doesn't go inactive.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2018, 09:41:48 AM »
Hey guys, not sure if anyone is interested but I drew up a couple sketches of some of the tech that's been in the RP so far. Peacekeeper armor and a couple other doodads. Just felt like drawing, and I thought maybe this could help with visualizing the events of the RP, so I'll post it here.

(Btw, I am not much of an artist. You've been warned  :crazy:)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2018, 03:19:29 PM »
Those drawings look good!.

The armour plaques on the peacekeeper chest aren't fully covering the vitals, tho. Parts of the lungs are not protected by it. Unless the armor plates are actually meant to absorb kinetic energy from blunt force on the shoulders, such a strike with a baseball bat or perhaps ramming down a door, they should be larger.
Also, while that large face visor does look like it would offer great visibility, remember that things like glass are a vurnability, and thus should be as small as possible in armor design.

The gun does also look a bit too bulky and top heavy for a peacekeeper's role. Judging by the size of the handle, it almost looks like a service rifle, wich wouldn't be super convenient in an urban environment.
It is a really interesting design, though!

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 04:07:50 PM »
Though I'm by no means the world creator, I did say that the rifle had a bulky laser-sight module on it.

Helmet's are okay, in terms of protection. But a blow to the head's still a blow to the head.

For example, there was some indie company that made a helmet that's bulletproof up to 7.62x39 (or whatever the AK round is). The problem is, even if the bullet doesn't kill you, it's going to knock you out cold.

But, this is a future setting. Maybe the helmet's got some sort of kinetic dispersion layer, like a hyper-dense gel. Or, they're some sort of kinetic reactive plating, like tiny versions of M1 Abrams reactive plating. Though, that's just like firing an explosive from your noggin.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2018, 06:30:29 PM »
Bullets don't actually carry all that much kinetic energy in them. It's said to be comparable to a football being thrown at you. The reason why they're so dangerous is because they deliver the energy in a very short amount of time and in a very small surface area.
If a helmet could resist the impact of the bullet and dampen and spread it over your head, I believe it would protect you very well.

But, oh well. That's not really important I guess. As, I don't know Andrat's laws quite well, but I would imagine a society like this to not allow it's citizens to own guns anyways, meaning that helmets wouldn't really have to be designed to withstand bullets anyways.

And I didn't mean I just found the laser module bulky, I rather found that the entirety of the rifle looks quite a bit too large to be convenient in an urban environment.
Although, that's going by the grip. So if you were to just enlargen the grip it would look fine.

But that's just my opinion and stuff...

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2018, 07:37:50 PM »
Thanks for the critique! I'll be honest, I don't know very much about designing armor and weapons, so I'm not surprised they have a lot of flaws. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Maybe I can make a redesign sometime today.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2018, 09:09:37 PM »
I could try to draw something according to your style.

I'm probably not the best artist, but hey I'd be nice practice atleast.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2018, 09:29:48 PM »
Oh, sure! If you want to draw something, go ahead. I'd love to see what you come up with.

I'm mostly sketching this stuff just to help the world feel more real. I really like the setting of Andrat and I like to get my ideas out on paper.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »
Excuse me gentlemen, but I'm really busy with work now. So feel free to skip a few of my turn.

Offline Inb4Cloaker

• Avid Aardvark
  • Golpe De Estado.
    • Awards
  • Species: Urban Tabaxi
  • Coloring: He has white fur all around with the exception of his natural stripes, which are black. His eyes are light orange.
  • Height: 6'6
  • Weight: 157 Pounds
  • Build: Thin and tall, very dexterous and flexible. Not incredibly muscular but still in shape.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: All alone in a combat zone.
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2018, 01:36:58 PM »
My posts are almost 100% going to be in the evenings because of my job right now, so you may still have time >< Are you sure Brisky?
  • Signature art by: N/A
“I’m gonna miss seventy-five percent of my shots one-hundred percent of the time.” -That guy with a ton of ammo.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 02:03:03 PM »
Yes, I'm going to be very busy with this, and having thinking of the next post off my mind for a day or two is going to make things a lot easier for me to get it done.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2018, 03:32:17 PM »
Okay, we'll skip you for now. Let us know when you want to join back in.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »
Meanwhilst...

Name: Lanaret Serina
Sex: Male?
Species: Stoat
Genetic Caste: Freeborn
Other Traits of Note: Strong internal sense of rythm, strangely feminine figure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, wasn't this interesting. The stoat did not know what happened or how this situation got to be, but it'd help now. Now more than ever before. There was no thinking about how it got here. It just had to happen now. And most importantly, a wish had been fulfilled.

-------------OFFICIAL CITIZENSHIP DOCUMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF ANDRAT, TAMPERING OR UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION CONSTITUTES A TREASONOUS ACT--------------------
Name: Lanaret Serina
Sex: Female
Species: Stoat
Genetic Caste: Copperfur
Other Traits of Note: Strong internal sense of rythm

DNA SIGNATURE: ⌿LanaretSerina X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would have to be enough. This was the one chance... that was waited for. For so long...

(Sorry if I went overboard with that, I got too excited.)