The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)  (Read 16399 times)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2018, 09:58:35 PM »
It was already much later when Sarah finally began to wake up.

Some clear winter's sunshine was shimmering trough the blinds, cheerfully brightening up the messy bedroom of her cheap downtown appartement. But yet, she groaned disdainfully for having woken up, as she rolled around in the small bed and fondled her blanket.
Even though she thoroughly enjoyed how the winters in Bridgestone changed the landscape completely. Waking up was always the hardest part. Especially with how everything about her bed seemed to be soo much softer and warmer, at that time of year. But the bed wasn't all that comfy, at all. And she often dreamed of getting a much softer, and more comfortable bed.

Or did I have a dream about that? she thought to herself...

Slowly, she started remembering the dream that she had that night. A weird dream where she was at some strangely, dreamishly luxurious place, and found Jayce Blackburn behind some equally large and luxurious desk.
He had shown her some smelly book that was, for some reason, lined with fur, as he offered her wealth and power in exchange of it.

Dreams are weird...

Why would Jayce want a book from me if he's big boy enough to just get it himself?
She thought, completely oblivious to any meaning behind the dream...

As she finally dared to look up at the tiny deskclock by the windowsill, wich read 10:49 AM, she figured it was probably best to just jump out of bed. And, reluctantly, she did so. After witch she let out a quiet but wide yawn, and stretched out, from the night.
Her bedroom was rather empty, with the only things decorating the place being her clothes, on her deskchair, and some random electronics and paperworks cluttered about the room. "Comfortable messy", as she liked to call it...

Sarah had always thought that she could get away with living economically, and spending her wealth on much more fun things. But, as she looked around the appartement, whilst putting her clothes on, she sighed, and grew ever the more impressionable to having a delightfully stylish home, with the comfiest furniture she could get her paws on. Something to compliment how she strafed herself to be on the workfloor. Professional, but stringently effective.

But with her eyes still being a little heavy, she decided to stop the train of thoughts, and try to go outside for a little stroll. So, she went up the wardrobe to see if she could find some casual clothing that wouldn't make her feel like she'd lose face, if she coincidentally ran into some familiar coworker....

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2018, 03:08:27 AM »
wakes up back at Command Central, lying in one of the standby crew room beds. I shake my head to try to get my bearings, but my sense of direction, my whole connection, is messed up. I stagger out to the briefing room and walk in on the battle staff talking about "Spacial displasia", and the Alpha is pointing to star charts 

"This is were our Astrophysicists think we might be based on the star patterns, but no one is able to explain how that would be possible."  Alpha stops and looks at me. "Fuzz, you look like hell,  We thought sleep would be the best thing for you, doesn't look like it helped. What can you tell us?

I explain my disconnected feeling, loss of bearing, and try to explain the dream I had, which was just a little too real. After going over everything that happened on my failed recovery mission Alpha merely gives out some new assignments. Mine is, apparently, to go back to where is all started for me, and try to deal with a bunch of Raccoons...

I mutter under my breath as I turn and stagger out the door "Awesome..... just friggin' awesome. I hate raccoons"

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 03:18:59 AM by Fuzzpaws »
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2018, 04:44:21 AM »
“Good morning Bridgestone,” shouts the early radio host, his voice full of cheer and life. “It’s a beautiful Monday morning. Doesn’t the snow look lovely in the sun? Well, forecast today and tomorrow calls for more of the stuff.” A few moments of silence pass. “Looks like it’s gonna be a little warmer though. Highs around the low thirties, lows getting down to about fifteen. Keep the coats handy, for all you non-wintery types. But we’ll get you warmed up with The Doors’ ‘Light My Fire’.”

Sarah-
As you exit your home you notice Jayce’s secretary Stella. A female bat, you’ve seen her around the office as kind of a flirt, but fiercely loyal to Jayce. Her curvaceous, yet slight, frame is covered by thick winter clothes of a very fine make. Gifts from Jayce, probably. Stella waves as she passes at a pretty good clip, probably doing something work-related.

Kai-
Your note-taking is interrupted by a knock at the door. Peering out the window, you can see one of the marked Blackburn cars. However, from your position on the couch, you can’t see who’s at the door.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:54:26 AM by Rayleonarde »

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2018, 07:03:35 AM »
"Tsk... Just a moment!" She stood, looking at her current attire, yesterday's clothes minus the pants. She threw off the blanket and struggled into a pair of jeans on the floor quickly. She then opened the door, trying to get her hair from frizzing up with one hand, using the other to open the door. "Yes?" she asked, looking like death as her eyes had deep bags under her eyes, messy hair and wrinkled clothes.
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2018, 08:56:33 PM »
Seeing Stella see, and wave at her, right after she came out of the door, Sarah laughed, as she tried to friendily wave at Stella, as she passed by thinking of her decision earlier this morning.
Stella's clothing, as expected, easily overthrew Sarah's chronically utilitarian looks. But, atleast she didn't look like a hobo, today, so that was fine, in her mind.

But, never having had any idea of what to do today, Sarah envied her seeming busyness.

Partly for knowing that she likely would've been bound to spend the next few hours aimlessly wandering around some of the parks in town, she almost considered asking Stella what she was up to. Or hell, even if she could help...

What else would there be? She thought to herself.

But the dream, involving the Blackburn's oldest, Sarah had tonight had almost completely been forgotten by now, and she spared no thought to the oddity of crossing eyes with his wing, right after she stepped out the door.

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2018, 03:41:20 AM »
Fuzz has been under the weather, has not recovered from the 'change' enough to get out of HQ's. Has been unable to keep down any food... We are starting to think we have lost our mind...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2018, 04:12:50 AM »
Kai-
As you rub the sleep from your eyes, you recognize the visitor as one of Ray’s closest coworkers, Arturo Milãy. The chameleon hands you a newsletter dated for today and speaks, his voice like gravel. “I’m jus’ gon’ say it. Edwin’s gone.”

Sarah-
Stella, after a few moments of thought, crosses the street at the crosswalk and doubles back to you. Her accent is strange, something akin to Eastern European. “Sorry it took me so long to eh...recognize you, Sarah.” She taps her temple with a sheepish smile, revealing the pearly-white fangs her species is known for. “Bad eyes, you know. Anyvay, I haff somezing to tell you. Uh...Edvin is uh...missing.”

Fuzzpaws-
Even in your stupor, you still understand the few words that drift into your quarters. Edwin Blackburn has vanished without a trace. Even outlying scouts didn’t see the old raccoon leave. Your leader is scrambling to find Edwin. No-one can simply vanish.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2018, 06:03:53 AM »
"Dead or gone?" She asked groggily, still in the process of waking up. She shoved a hand in her pocket, fishing for a pen. Eventually finding one her fingers closed around it. Edwin gone? The one man who showed her kindness. He couldn't be gone. He couldn't. Everybody would leave her eventually. She already figured that out. But Edwin seemed like a constant...
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2018, 01:09:25 PM »
Fuzz woke with a moment of clarity... trying to get up from his bed in the Medical unit he found himself restrained, strapped down, and began to panic until his one real friend here woke in the chair nearby.

Reaching out he touched My shoulder, standing quietly until I stopped struggling. As my eyes focus on him the thoughts rushed passed me to him. "Edwin, the old Raccoon, is missing... Something to do with the fur covered book, adn it's going to get worse until we find the book and whoever is using it...  I don't know how I know... I just do... the book .. it's the boooooookk" 

I start to howl, trying to call my strength, my connection, my power back to me, only to see my 'friend' push the button on the sedative feed... my last thought before slipping away again was a mess...

I imagine I got hold of his arm adn bit him, REALLY bit, to do damage.. I can't just lay here in a drug induced stupor.. I draw on all my strength to fight the drugs coursing thru my veins... but it's too la.......

Blackness.....

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2018, 09:53:31 PM »
"Edwin Blackburn... Missing?" -Sarah replied indiffirently.

She was slightly caught off guard and confused with the news, by Stella's smile, and didn't know what to say for a few seconds...

"Wai-what do you mean, missing? He was there on new year's eve, yesterday, how can he be missing?" -She stambled.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2018, 03:37:45 PM »
Kai-
Arturo shrugged. "Can't say. Boss didn't show up wit' de' boys a'ter the party. Boys didn't know where Edwin went either." He sighed and shook his head. "Dat leaves Ronnie in charge t'morrow."

Sarah-
Stella shook her head, raising her 'hands' to either side of her head. "I don't know. Jayce called me after z'ey got home. Said zat Edvin had gotten out of ze car and vanished." She sighed as she lowered her arms, hugging herself. "I would not z'ink ze boys vould do anyzing to Edvin...b-but..."

Fuzz-
In your unconsious, you hear Ronnie's voice.
"I know you're not sure where you are right now, but you gotta snap out of it. If Ray or, gods-forbid, Jayce get a hold of that book..." His voice vanishes and you are again left in the darkness of your unconscious.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2018, 12:30:06 AM »
She sighed and nodded, taking the day's paper. "So I'm guessing work starts up tomorrow?" She asked, ready to shut the door.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2018, 06:55:27 PM »
Stella's attitude was starting to convince Sarah that there was really something going on.

"But what?" -She calmy asked, whilst interrogatingly tilting her head and looking at Stella...

She knew that Stella and Jayce worked together quite closely. So, whatever this was, Sarah figured that she was either in on it, or Jayce really went distastefully far to keep his "friends" close. However, she didn't knew Jayce for long enough to draw any conclusions on that.

A prank, maybe? -She crankily thought, whilst waiting for the answer...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2018, 06:07:53 AM »

Kai-
Arturo nods. "'Course. Jus' 'cause Boss's gone missing don't mean we ain't gon' make money. Like I said, Ronnie's gon' run the place for a while, 'least 'til Eddie gets back."

Sarah-
Stella sighs before rubbing her arms. "N-No'z'ing. Speculation, a-and it's not my place to say. A-Anyvay, I should get back to my task. Maybe ve get drinks sometime? You're ze only co-verker zat I haven't socialized vis." She smiles, cheekily flashing a single fang. "Have a good day, miz Sarah."

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2018, 07:11:01 PM »
"Um, okay, I see. Well, you too! see you tomorrow, then..." -Sarah confusedly sighed, as she curved away from Stella, crossing the road and heading towards the appartements.

Just speculation, huh?

She was a little bewondered by how quickly Stella went from discussing the particulairly senior "big boss's" sudden disapearance, to asking another coworker out for a drink. But, oh well, she thought... Maybe old Blackburn did this before, and everyone involved knows they don't have much to worry about...

But despite the thought, Sarah still couldn't help feeling confused about the situation, and worried about Edwin.

And this was supposed to be an easy get-under... She suddenly thought to herself.

Wh... An easy what? What am I thinking?

Sarah groaned, and rubbed over her head with her paw.
Getting in bed as late as tonight, and being coffee'lessly confronted with the weird things going on, straight out of her bed, was almost starting to give her a headache. But, she shrugged it off, and straightened herself up.

Figuring a ride was the best thing to clear her mind for her, she headed over to her appartement's garage box, and opened it up.

Sarah's garage box was mostly dominated by a large off-road motorcycle, and besides that, a bunch of boring-looking stuffed boxes that most people, including Sarah, wouldn't even notice.

Sarah took the motorcycle off of it's stand, and parked it outside, after she hoisted herself in a somberly coloured, heavy motor suit, and grabbed the helmet from the small workbench in the corner, before closing the garage door behind her.

I just hope Edwin's okay... -She thought, as she got on the bike, started, and drove off to Bridgestone's adjacent forests...