The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)  (Read 18136 times)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »
Jayce? Here aswell? Soo much for discretion, then... -Sarah thought to herself...

She started the motorcycle and began driving home.

On the road, his appearance once again made her wonder why Jayce didn't seem to be worried about his Edwin being missing. But, she decided to perish the thought and wait to see if anything will be said about it tomorrow.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2018, 03:59:40 AM »
Kai-
As you withdraw, coincidentally, ‘Martin Alzwell’s Guide To The Occult’, you hear a familiar voice call out.
“Kai? Is that you?” You turn around and see the smiling face of Ray Blackburn. On either side of him are several stacks of books, each one on the occult.

Sarah-
As your headed home, a sudden loud snap followed by a sudden burning in your lower calf snaps you out train of thought. The motorcycle slows to a stop, and a quick observation reveals that your drive-chain has snapped. Upon closer inspection, you can see bite marks from some sort of metal snips. The feeling in your lower calf reveals another poor situation, a newly gifted gash from the broken chain.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:20:50 PM by Rayleonarde »

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2018, 07:56:29 AM »
She smiled, "Yes, that's me. Hello Ray." She looked at the book for a moment and barely even wondered for a moment before returning to looking up at Ray,
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2018, 08:56:47 PM »
"F*ck, f*ck, f*ck..." -Sarah cussed as she felt the pain in her leg...

She steered the motorcycle onto the road's berm, and carefully dropped herself off to take a look at the damage on her leg. The drivechain had snapped during an acceleration and sprung forward, slashing trough her suit and causing a severe gash.  The wound was painfull. But, luckily, only seemed to be a fleshwound.
If it wasn't for the fact that she was wearing the heavy suit, she may not have been capable of walking on the leg anymore...

She went and grabbed some medical items from a small pouch attached to the forefork, and tried to clean the wound as best as she could. But, she knew that the wound could get severy infected if she didn't find something better, soon.

But in the meanwhile, she wondered how the drive chain had snapped, given that it wasn't aged too old, and was properly maintained. Taking a closer look at the drive chain she noticed that the link on the breakage point just tear itself in half, But rather that there were signifficant cut marks on the broken link, seemingly applied by a cutting plier, or bolt cutter.

Great... Just f*cking great...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2018, 01:17:40 PM »
Kai-
Ray motions you closer, smiling as he does. "Well. What brings you to the library? And with Alzwell's book on the occult too? You surprise me more and more, Miss Kai."

Sarah-
You hear the crunch of the gravelly dirt underfoot, followed by a familiar voice. "Engine troubles, Sarah?" You recognize the voice as Jayce's. The sound of a flip-lighter being used to light a cigarette and a tug from the cigarette follows. The smell from the cigarette is rather intoxicating, not at all like normal cigarettes.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2018, 06:57:48 PM »
"Drivetrain..." -Sarah replied indiffrently.

She picked up the motorcycle, and walked it around Jayce, with a faint curve, attempting to get upwind from the strange cigar's smell...

"And what about you? Just having a stroll here?" -She said, trying to sound a little more friendly.

For some reason, Sarah only felt slightly frustrated by Jayces mysterious appearances now adding upto the weird things that have happened today. It was like the way he suddenly appeared right on this moment on this moment of "vurnability" recalled something for her past, but when she tried to remember it a sudden, painfull, headache came up, distracting her from the thought...

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2018, 08:33:54 AM »
She loosely flipped through the pages, keeping her eyes on the book and directly in front of her as she slowly made her way towards him with quiet steps. "It caught my eye, the supernatural phenomena is quite interesting." She said with a half-smile and fleeting eyes between lines on the pages and Ray. "And so do you, Ray. Never thought I'd see you neck deep in this topic. Literally." She said motioning to the stacks beside him.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2018, 09:58:31 AM »
-Sarah-

Jayce shakes his head. "Nah, had a bit of business to take care of. Speaking of which, I've just had an opening, if you want in. I've seen you work. Stick-to-it-ive, lots of gumption, hard working. But I can see the want in your eyes, always striving for bigger and better things. I offer you the position of my personal secretary. Five dollars an hour more than your current line. Easy days, plenty of time off. You schedule your own lunches." He holds out his paw, his cigarette clenched between smiling teeth. "Whaddya say?"

-Kai-

Ray glances around himself a moment, before chuckling nervously. "Y-Yeah...I'm a pretty big dweeb about these things. I'm glad I'm not the only one at the company." He casually pushes the chair across from him out with his foot, motioning at the chair. "Here, take a seat. I-If you want, that is."

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2018, 10:31:46 AM »
She smiled softly before taking a seat. "Dweebs are cool in my opinion." She said, reading through some pages. A couple quick glances up at Ray, and back to reading, making steady headway through the first chapter.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2018, 04:26:28 PM »
"A vacancy for a function as your personal secretary? And what happened with Stella, if I may ask? And why ask here, in the middle of nowhere, instead of from the comfort of your office tomorrow?" -Sarah curiously replied.

"Scary stuff out here in these woods, ya knows?" -She jokingly followed up.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2018, 12:11:14 AM »
-Kai-

Ray chuckles, shakes his head, and returns to his book. He catches you looking at him after a few moments, and smiles sheepishly. "W-What?"

-Sarah-

"Stella's work ethic was...lacking. She's been terminated from her position as of..." Jayce lifts his wrist and checks his watch. "Five minutes ago. I need a replacement ASAP, and you were in the right place at the right time. As for scary stuff," he flashes a smile. "Nothing scarier than me." Jayce sighes, and again thrusts his paw forward. "So, Miss Sarah. Do I have an answer?"

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »
"Terminated"? A terrifying thought just popped up in the back of Sarah's mind.

Jayce's impatient behaviour was also starting to daunt her, but she still tried to struggle against his obtrusiveness...

"Hold on, five minutes ago. Why the hurry?"

She calmly reached into the motorcycle's saddle bag for the adjustible wrench.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2018, 03:14:57 AM »
-Sarah-
Jayce chuckles. “‘Cause I’m a man that likes things done quickly. No fuss, no muss. Now,” he drops his paw for a second to pull the cigarette from his mouth, exhaling the strangely intoxicating aroma. “Do I have an answer, Miss Sarah?” He doesn’t seem to register you reaching for the saddlebag.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2018, 08:32:06 PM »
Sarah took a deep breath and raised her chest forward, in an attempt to regain some confidence to help struggle back against his impatient demeanor...

"I don't know, Jayce..." -She sighs.

"Maybe I'm a woman who doesn't like taking hasted decisions and getting into things she doesn't know 'nough about..."

In a smooth motion Sarah raises the wrench from the bag and calmly tosses it a few feet in front the motorcycle before boldly laying the motorcycle down on the ground, flipping it wheels up, and looking Jayce straight in the eyes.

"Besides... I wouldn't want to dissapoint you with my work ethic and get... she takes a small break in her scentence. Terminated... Now, would I?"

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2018, 10:40:32 AM »
"Nothing." She said quietly with a small smile reading. She flips the page, now engrossed in her book. She sniffed, just once to see if she did smell anything like the pungent stench in her dream. She doubted it but it was worth a try.
FennecFoxPassin'Through