The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)  (Read 17580 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2018, 11:37:13 AM »
-Kai-
The book smells like a normal book would, though maybe a little less used than most books.
Ray chuckles as he hears you sniff the book. "I'm a fan of the book-smell, but I've never openly sniffed a book."

-Sarah-
Jayce nods. "I understand. How 'bout this?" He throws a piece of paper at you, and it lands neatly on the seat of your cycle. "There's my personal number. Call me when you make your decision, okay? I really need a secretary and I believe you'd be perfect for the job." He then stuffs his paws in his pockets, watching you work. 

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2018, 06:12:00 PM »
"I'll have a look at it..." Sarah replied, as she picked up the wrench and began untightening the bolts holding the rear wheel in place.

"But, in the meanwhile, why don't you give me a little job description, now that we're here anyways? All I've heard so far is why I should accept your offer, not what I'd actually be doing. And, I'll be honest. I'm a little curious..."

She wasted no time while waiting for and aswer, and grabbed a pair of pliers from the bag to start removing the broken chainlinks.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2018, 12:19:38 AM »
She chuckles as well, "Thought I smelt something else, weird." She shrugs, "But ink is a good smell." She could understand the fact it smelt un-used. Who would be frequenting this topic other than Ray?
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2018, 02:28:13 AM »
-Kai-

After a few minutes of silence, Ray speaks. "So uh...Kai? I gotta ask, did you have any strange dreams last night?" He turns the book he's reading around, the pages he's showing make mention of strange dreams.

-Sarah-
"Of course." Jayce smiles. "You'd take calls for me while I'm not in the office, being a gofer if/when I need something. And you'd screen visitors for me." He chuckles again. "Of course, you'd also give me rundowns of my previous engagements, and take notes on things that need doing. Ronnie's gonna be the one for that, dishing out things that need doin'."

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »
"Hmmm. I gotta give you a fair warning, though." -Sarah said as she relinked the chain.

"I tend to become pretty unwieldable..." She grunted a little as she forced the chain pins back into place using the pliers.

"When forced to sit on my knees. If you understand what I'm saying..."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2018, 01:45:18 PM »
-Sarah-
Jayce’s eyebrow archs in confusion for a brief second. “Sit on yo-Oh!” He laughs heartily, nearly dropping his cigarette. “No no no, I’ve no need for that. You can offer if y’think it’d help. Otherwise,” he closes one eye and does a finger-gun. “We’re gonna shoot straight.” The raccoon takes one last tug on the cigarette, before neatly stuffing the spent butt into its packaging. “Y’know, you’re pretty handy for a girl. I’d’a just taken the thing to Ronnie. I’d call him a grease-monkey, but he’s more of a gorilla.”

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2018, 07:10:04 PM »
Sarah softly chuckled and shaked her head...

"Oh I'm sorry for the confusion, but I meant that in a much more figurative way..." -She said whilst she hoisted the bike back on it's wheels.

"On some past workfloors where I fullfilled an... I guess you could say similair positions, some supers have refused, and some ever punished the potential I so desperately tried to show them..."

Sarah sighed, and her voice changed to a soft and reserved tone.

"Let's just say I got quite far with the process of taking the bunch over..."

"But anyways, back to being a handy 'gal..." -She said while she knelt down next to the motorcycle, and aligned the drivechain.

"I guess the easiest way to put is that people learn when it's life or death..."

She gave the chain a tug, and with a slight crunch, followed by it's typical rattling noise, it seated itself back onto the sprocket.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2018, 02:26:57 AM »
"Funny you should mention it, possibly I did." She said, shrugging. "I don't admit to anything, though." She said, her eyes flitting up to look at Ray once more, her head not lifting.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2018, 03:33:05 AM »
-Kai-
Ray shrugs, missing your glance. “I wasn’t accusing you of anything. It’s just...dreams have always fascinated me. But,” he folds his paws on the table, “let’s say you did have a dream. What would it entail?” He has a friendly smile across his face.

-Sarah-
Jayce looks wistfully into the sky. “Yeah...death’ll teach you a thing or two.” He looks back at you. “I mean, it was before your time, but I promoted Stella to the same position. She showed promise, ‘least ‘till...never mind. If y’see her, ask her.”

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2018, 04:22:22 AM »
She raises an eyebrow. "A gross and pungent smell." She shrugs, "And maaaybe a book and possibly a person sitting at the same table as me right now." She doesn't look up from the book as she talks.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2018, 10:03:06 PM »
"Yeah, I figure..." -Sarah somewhat distantly replied as the same tought that had plagued her before suddenly came up again.

She disdainfully looked at the motor grease on her gloves before turning her head back towards Jayce.

"I'd have figured that it'd hurt your face to let subordinate give you a ride, but nobody's watching. Soo, needa' get outta here?"

Sarah got on, and started the motorcycle...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2018, 04:51:22 AM »
-Kai-
Ray’s brow furrows. “A book you say? And I was there? Huh..” He shrugs. “Perhaps you’ve got some kind of precognitive abilities?”

-Sarah-
Jayce shrugs. “I could use a ride...sure.” He nearly hops onto the cycle, gripping either side of his position firmly. “Ready when you are, Miss Sarah.”

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2018, 01:19:51 PM »
Sarah was quite surprised that Jayce actually accepted the offer, but nevertheless she didn't mind.

Without saying a word she gently drove the motorcycle onto the road, figuring that he'd tell her where he needed to go once they got back in Bridgestone....

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2018, 09:37:28 PM »
She shakes her head. "Not in a library to be honest." She shrugged as she read. "A language I couldn't read and a smell that was just... wrong." Looking up she closed her book and put it down.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2018, 12:23:46 AM »
-Kai-
Ray turns his head in confusion. "A language you can't read, eh? Maybe then it's just dream nonsense." Though his eyes are downcast, he obviously had an idea as to what you're talking about.

-Sarah-
Jayce half-yells over the motorcycle's engine. "Drop me off at the bank, please!"