The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What's a major happening you would or maybe would have changed?  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
What's a major happening you would or maybe would have changed?
« on: November 19, 2017, 04:05:04 PM »
We tend to think about things that's happened in our lives, and we often categorize those things by how favourable we find them. Vacations, new friends, broken noses, both fun and not so fun.
However, we also sometimes think back on things we've said, done, learned or in other ways experienced, and think to ourselves "If I could go back in time to delete that from happening, I would". The thing is though, we cannot really be sure every major regrettable occurence would better left out of our past. Sometimes we should ask "If I could go back in time to delete that from happening, would I?"

If any of you have any experiences that would fall into that category of insecurity, feel free to share and discuss if it's not too personal.

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
Re: What's a major happening you would or maybe would have changed?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 01:19:18 PM »
Really wish I had never met my ex. Blaa. Bad times, that. Though, to be honest, it feels like i've started using it as a scapegoat.
Also, ingrown toenails suuuuck. Had one so bad that it prevented me from fencing for a year, due to wearing improper shoes. Never did get back into it, of course.  :P

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 07:05:09 AM »
Back in Highschool, I was struggling with Anxiety. This guy was trying to talk to me, probably just trying to be a friend. And so he walked me back home, but he tried to talk to me, and I barely said a word back. I wish I had said something. Would've been curious to see how my life could've changed if I opened my mouth. But at that time I was so scared.

On a lighter note, every night I stay up late, and every morning I think to myself. (Why oh why did I stay up till two. Tonight I'm going to sleep at least by one... Goes to sleep at two. Repeat the cycle.)
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 03:01:51 PM »
I think it's nice that people are opening up about their experiences. For me, I'm not really sure whether or not I would have changed this one thing, which is giving My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic a chance. It started with me seeing so much of it online, that I decided to watch episode 1, just to see how bad it was. Turned out to be a two-parter, so naturally I felt the urge to see the rest. I found the writing and visuals to be not too bad, so I continued. 3 seasons I ended up consuming, along with modding certain games for the theme, getting art as desktops, listening to music in English and Russian, and much much more. I joined a fandom and gained a plethora of friends, even got into a few relationships over the span of a few years.
This, my fellow furs, is where things crumbled for me.
The show soured during the third season, which is why I have never watched a single episode or movie after the season ended. The community began to sour a bit for me as well. I lost pretty much all my friends from the fandom, and I have experienced heartbreak and break-ups in the later years. Eventually I decided to leave the whole thing behind.

The show has given me a lot, but I have lost so much as well, because of it. Would I go back and stop myself from watching the show? Maybe. I'm not sure, but the answer is not no. It's maybe.

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 04:23:55 AM »
My 8th grade year, I made the choice to confess my feelings to my crush. I should have never done that - I ruined our friendship ultimately. I should have been quiet.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Sleep comes quick with hot cocoa and a blanket.
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Blue and white.
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 140 lbs.
  • Currently: Contemplating the perplexity of complex metallurgy that is my paper clip.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 06:34:25 AM »
I don't think it was a real friendship if it was broken by you sharing your feelings. I think it may have saved you pain latter on down the line. But that just my thoughts.

The my little pony fandom, sorry you lost relationships over that. I remember being obsessed with the MYST games in late junior high. I would say it would probably have ruined relationships if I had socialized more back then.

There where some good answers in this thread. For me, personally, don't think it would be just one event but many small ones instead. I wish I would have learned to take life less seriously and learned how to express myself more.

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 01:24:15 PM »
Something major?

Falling down the stairs and breaking my ankle in 2015. I absolutely would have loved to prevent that.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline s0ul_d3ww

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Whatever.
    • Global PokédeX Plus
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat/Robot Hybrid.
  • Coloring: Solid dark gray.
  • Height: ???
  • Weight: ???
  • Build: Bit chubby, bulky with robotic parts.
  • Currently: I'm doing okay.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 04:10:40 AM »
Changed my eating habits when I was younger. They caused me to gain weight and be made fun of. I've lost it now but sparing the tears of the past would be nice.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 05:19:23 AM »
Does it have to be within our lives? [If so,] I think the 9/11 terrorist attack didn't do us any good, and a lot of the political/freedoms issues we have today are an indirect result of it. It seemed to send things down a slippery slope towards 'safety = control'.

Not to mention it just kinda sucked, y'know?

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 09:38:01 AM »
George, you misunderstood. It's personal experiences, not happenings in the world.

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 03:44:51 PM »
I can relate, Baud. I first planned to take automation, but changed my mind and took data electronics. On my third year, I realized it was a bad decision, but I cannot freely re-enter studies anymore. So yeah. If I could, I would have stuck to my plan and entered automation.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 03:46:49 PM »
Even if I went through absolute horros during my childhood and I jumped a terror attack, I think that in my own personal life I would not change a thing at all.
I would not want to redo things, I would not like to know what happened if I did things differently. That's not what I want at all.
Experiences are called experiences becuase you experienced it, you live it, you learn from it and you know how to handle the same situation better.

Would I want to prevent/redo major world events? No. They happened with a reason and will make other things happen.

Perhaps... I would maybe want to redo one experiences, but then a bit older and more mature: riding a steamtrain from Eupen to Trois-Ponts and back.
I would not change a thing, just relive it.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 08:40:36 PM »
George, you misunderstood. It's personal experiences, not happenings in the world.

I thought I checked the op, but I guess the last line is the deal-breaker.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 10:25:52 PM »

I thought I checked the op, but I guess the last line is the deal-breaker.
Trust me, I also thought it was affecting a major global event  :P

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 11:37:36 AM »
I don't think I could think of any major happening in my personal life that I'd want to change, currently I have no major regrets in life, even the bad parts and mistakes led way to new lessons and opportunities, so I'm gonna save my reversal for later :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";