The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Murder Mystery at the Masquerade  (Read 5259 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Murder Mystery at the Masquerade
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2017, 05:44:17 AM »
Andrev chuckled. "Please, Andreav will do. As for the killer, I mean, look at poor Edwin. Ssslaughtered in hisss own home. Who knows when the killer's gonna go again." He shook his head, casting his gaze to the ground. "Bad bussinesss that." One of Andreav's eyes rolled to look at Hunter, the other eye still downcast.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Height: 6'3''
  • Build: Tall and broad-shouldered
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 07:11:52 AM »
"Hmm...so you you think the killer may have another victim in mind for tonight?" Hunter thought it over in his mind. He knew the police were keeping officers stationed all around the manor to keep things in order, but perhaps that would not be enough to dissuade the killer from striking again, if they had a goal which involved more dead guests. He might have to have a word with the chief of police about tightening security for the rest of the night. And the sooner he caught the perp, the better for everyone.

"Well, Andrev, where were you at the time of the murder earlier tonight? Did you see or hear anything strange at that time?"
Predators vs. Prey double victory 1/7/18 - achieved with NovaKamikazi

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2017, 09:22:54 AM »
At this Andreav tapping a claw to his pursed lips. "Trade sssecret, Detective. A magician doesn't reveal his tricks, eh?" The chameleon suddenly vanished and was quickly lost.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »
Hunter stared for a few moments, dumbfounded, at what was now just an empty hallway.

He shook his head and walked back towards the karaoke room. That chameleon was profoundly suspicious. Someone with the ability to disappear and reappear at a moments notice, and who also refused to discuss his whereabouts at the time of the murder. It didn't take an expert detective to piece those two clues together.

As Hunter returned to the den, he looked around for Valentine Blackburn.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 04:09:09 AM »
Valentine was dismounting the stage as Hunter returned. She took a seat on the left side of the room, sitting with a couple friends. She genuinely seemed happy.

The karaoke stage was quickly occupied by a single man, who started up 'Take On Me' by A-ha.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2017, 05:11:19 AM »
Hunter stepped over to Valentine's table, a little saddened that he would have to ruin her good mood by reminding her of the murder. However, it was more important to make progress on the case, and it seemed that Valentine may hold the answers he desperately needed.

"Hello, Miss Valentine Blackburn," Hunter began. "My name is Hunter Karloff, and I am the detective that was called in to investigate the scene here tonight." He looked contrite. "I apologize for forcing you away from your friends, but would you step outside with me for a moment to answer some questions?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 05:48:18 AM »
Valentine nodded. "O-Oh sure, sure." She stood, a few inches shorter than Hunter. After leading the detective out of the room, she spoke with a smile. "How can I help, Detective Karloff?" Though normally stoic, it was obvious she was nervous and upset. She shifted her weight from foot to foot, and wringed her paws in front of herself.

The karaoke kept going strong, though it seemed to slow after Valentine left.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2017, 07:07:23 AM »
"Thank you for your cooperation. I'll try to make the questions quick and simple, so you can get back to the other guests, " he said, smiling in a way that he hoped was reassuring. He didn't want her to be on edge while trying to remember important details.

"Firstly, where were you exactly at the time of the incident? And, did you see or hear anything strange around that time?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2017, 09:43:20 AM »
Valentine nodded, inhaling and exhaling slowly. "O-Okay. I was... just to the left of my father. The lights went  out... a-and someone rushed from my l-left. I-I actually h-have a cut from when they drew their knife." She lifted her right arm, revealing a cut across her arm, and the slash through the long sleeve of her dress. "I didn't r-realize it until I had gathered m-myself." Visibly shaken, Valentine brought her arms around herself.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2017, 08:03:53 PM »
Hunter wrote down what she said. "Thank you, this will be extremely important in catching the perpetrator and keeping everyone safe. You're monumentally strong for being able to discuss it."

Those were not merely empty words of comfort, either. Knowing the direction the killer came from would narrow the suspect list down by half if he could get a list of everyone's position at the table. Additionally, the cut on her arm meant that the killer likely couldn't see well in the dark, since he clumsily cut one of the guests on the way to his victim.

"Alright, now I know its very difficult to think about these kinds of details, but do you remember hearing anything that might help in identifying the killer? Did he speak or have and odd kind of step, for example?

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2017, 01:54:17 PM »
Valentine nodded shakily. "T-The m-murderer...he uh...I-I think...Yeah...the cologne t-they wore w-was strong. A-And they w-walked with a slight limp."

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2017, 06:32:56 AM »
Hunter's eyes sparked with intense interest. This was perfect! Not only did he know the killer's side of the table, he now had a good list of distinct traits that he could use to profile them.
On his note book pad he had written:
-Poor/Average night vision
-Heavy cologne
-Limp
-table left side

If Valentine's testimony was reliable, he was starting to truly narrow down the suspect list. He needed to interview all the other guests that had been in the dining room at the time of the crime, especially those seated in the left side of the room.

Before he could move on to that and let Valentine go, however, there was one burning question he needed to try and answer.

"Again, thank you very much. You have no idea how much these details could help with the case. I only have one more question." He watched her closely, making sure she was stable enough to take a little bit more interrogation. "I know this may be a personal subject, but I've heard some guests mentioning your father's will, and its mysterious absence. I was wondering if you have any information about Mr. Blackburn's will and its connection to tonight."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2017, 08:32:46 AM »
Valentine laughed, sniffed, and wiped her eyes. "O-Oh, that silly thing. I-I didn't know t-the specifics of the w-will until Jayce told me. I-I've not seen i-it myself." She sighed and shook her head. "Maybe Jayce would-"

Just then, gunfire erupted from the basement. Fourteen shots from two different guns, low caliber firearms judging by the noise. Though, what their intent was is unclear.

A few of the servants started towards the basement, carrying empty steel buckets.

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2017, 02:23:56 PM »
Hunter whirled around, shocked by the sudden noises of gunfire. As servants carrying metal buckets streamed past him, he attempted to grab one by the arm. "What's going on? What was that gunfire?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2017, 05:03:47 PM »
The servant shrugged, as the smell of cordite and gunpowder permeated the air. "I think Mister Giuseppe and Master Ronald are making use of the gun range? We were heading down to inspect and clean, if you wish to follow us, sir."